- How to Install NordVPN on FireStick
- 1. How to install NordVPN on FireStick from Amazon App Store [Recommended Method]
- 2. How to manually install NordVPN on FireStick [Old Method]
- How to control NordVPN on FireStick with Mouse App [Old Method]
- Reasons Why You Should Use NordVPN with FireStick
- Troubleshooting Tip: NordVPN Keeps Disconnecting on FireStick
- NordVPN FireStick Alternatives
- NordVPN User Reviews on Amazon App Store
- FAQs – NordVPN FireStick
- Wrapping Up!
How to Install NordVPN on FireStick [Step-by-Step Guide]
If you’re looking around for the best VPN for FireStick that will let you enjoy your streaming device to the fullest, then you need to get NordVPN. There are multiple reasons you should use NordVPN with Firestick.
To start, NordVPN offers a dedicated app for FireStick users. It has an excellent track record of unblocking geo-restricted streaming platforms and foreign libraries of Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount+, and Disney+. With 5500+ servers worldwide, it also offers fast speeds and top-notch security, protecting you while you enjoy the NordVPN FireStick combo.
This guide will show you how to install NordVPN on FireStick using a few simple steps. Once configured, you can enjoy geo-blocked content worldwide and secure your online activities from third-party snooping.
So, without wasting time, let’s check out the NordVPN FireStick review!
How to Install NordVPN on FireStick
NordVPN’s app for Fire TV can be directly downloaded from Amazon. There are two methods to set up NordVPN on FireStick/Fire TV:
1. How to install NordVPN on FireStick from Amazon App Store [Recommended Method]
Follow these steps to install NordVPN on your FirsStick directly from the Amazon App Store:
Once the app opens, you can head over to NordVPN’s settings and play with options like CyberSec, split tunneling, kill switch, and more.
2. How to manually install NordVPN on FireStick [Old Method]
Before the existence of a dedicated NordVPN FireStick app, installing the VPN on FireStick required users to download NordVPN’s Android app with another app that would enable touchscreen navigation on FireStick. Now that you do get a dedicated app for FireStick, there’s barely any use for this method.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to enjoy the NordVPN FireStick combo using this old method. First, you’ll require at least the 2nd-generation or later version of FireStick. You’ll also require NordVPN’s APK file for FireStick, which you can get directly from its website.
The way NordVPN’s Android app is designed, you cannot control it using the default FireStick remote. To get around this issue, you’ll either need a Bluetooth mouth, or you can control the input through your tablet/smartphone using the steps below:
1. Open FireStick Home > Select the Settings menu on the top-right.
2. Select Device > Developer Options > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB debugging.
3. Go back to the home screen > Select the Search option > Type “Downloader”
4. Click Get and then Open once the installation is complete.
5. Enter this URL: https://nordvpn.com/download/android/
6. Click on the APK version to download the file.
7. Once the download finishes, you must install the app. Click Install and then Open. Once you’re done, exit the Downloader app.
8. Once installed, click Done. Since NordVPN is downloaded as a third-party app, you won’t be able to see it on the home page or the Apps page. So, return to Home > Go to Settings > Then Applications.
9. Click Manage Installed Applications > Now select NordVPN and click Launch application.
10. Once you’re done, just sign in and connect to a server instantly!
That’s it. Now that you’ve installed NordVPN on FireStick using Downloader, you can use it easily! For older models that don’t natively support VPNs, you can also directly install NordVPN on your router, Install NordVPN on my LG TV, NordVPN on my Smart TV, and NordVPN on Xbox one for added privacy and security.
How to control NordVPN on FireStick with Mouse App [Old Method]
You can also use a Bluetooth mouse to control the NordVPN app on your Fire TV, or you can also use a smartphone or a tablet. Amazon also offers a remote control app for FireStick devices, but it doesn’t have mouse control. There are multiple apps available for Android and iOS devices that you can use on your Fire TV.
We tried the Remote for Fire TV app on iPhone. It is a paid app but is totally worth it. It was smooth, and the movements were also quite fluid. It was as close to a mouse as one could get.
Its apps are also available on both iOS and Android devices. However, its app for Android is only available from Amazon App Store, not Google Play Store, so make sure to download the official app without a knockoff.
We tested the iOS app only, but it’s not a popular choice among users because you have to purchase the app on both Apple Store and Fire TV, which seems to be frustrating for some users.
Once you have downloaded the app on both your TV and mobile device, make sure both are connected to the same Wi-Fi. You will see your Fire TV on the phone app. Simply click the connect button to get started.
Now, you can open NordVPN from the remote app, sign in and connect to the server location of your choice. Once the connection is established, it will remain active until you shut down your FireStick device or manually disable the connection. And that’s it, you have enabled NordVPN on your Fire TV.
Reasons Why You Should Use NordVPN with FireStick
NordVPN is a powerful security application that protects your online activities from criminals and third-party apps. The app utilizes the best-in-class end-to-end encryption for keeping your data secure, which is why we recommend its usage with your FireStick.
Here are the following reasons why you should use NordVPN with FireStick:
- Native FireStick app: What makes NordVPN FireStick amazing is the native FireStick app you get with the VPN that’s optimized for streaming purposes.
- Bypassing geo-restrictions: Due to copyrights and licensing issues, many services provide region-specific availability. NordVPN can bypass these geographical limitations and allow you to access all media services without hassle.
- Access torrents: NordVPN efficiently unblocks torrent sites. Just check out NordVPN’s torrenting performance here for yourself. NordVPN offers P2P optimized servers, with a SOCKS5 proxy to boost your performance while torrenting. This is an added bonus for users that want to perform P2P filesharing with the same NordVPN subscription.
- Fast speeds: As per our NordVPN speed tests, you can easily expect up to 90% of your original broadband/Wi-Fi speed when using NordVPN. It is more than enough for bufferless streaming and lag-free torrenting.
- Enhancing online security: NordVPN uses sophisticated 256-bit AES encryption technology to protect user data from online threats. Thus, not only can you unblock geo-restricted sites, but you also get excellent security as a bonus while using NordVPN because it offers double encryption.
- Large server network: NordVPN offers 5500+ servers in 59 countries. Since NordVPN has one of the largest server networks in the industry. With a global server network, you can unblock any international content from abroad.
- Device compatibility: NordVPN supports 6 simultaneous connections. With its dedicated apps for different platforms and wide compatibility. It offers dedicated macOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and more apps. You can even install NordVPN on routers as well and configure it on multiple gaming consoles such as Xbox because NordVPN is compatible with Xbox.
But that’s not all! There are countless other features as well, which you can check out in our updated NordVPN review.
Troubleshooting Tip: NordVPN Keeps Disconnecting on FireStick
Just like all other VPNs, you may find NordVPN not working for you at some point. Even though there are tons of easy fixes to solve this issue, if nothing works, you may start facing a problem with your FireStick device.
For example, you may think, “Why can’t I find NordVPN on FireStick?” That’s because you cannot get NordVPN on the 1st generation of FireStick since the device is incompatible with VPNs. If that’s the case, then install a VPN on your router to conceal your traffic and enjoy streaming.
NordVPN FireStick Alternatives
Overall, NordVPN is a great choice for FireStick, but if you still want to try something else and are not satisfied with NordVPN, you can check out the other best VPNs that we’ve covered in our in-depth guide.
Our top recommendations are ExpressVPN, IPVanish, and Surfshark. ExpressVPN is our #1 choice for Fire TV users as it is compatible with FireStick, TV, and Fire Cube. It has an Amazon App Store rating of 4, and it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk free for 30 days.
NordVPN User Reviews on Amazon App Store
NordVPN has a 4.1-star rating out of 5 with 21144 user reviews. From the image below, 61% of users have rated 5 stars which is the highest percentage.
Here are some user reviews that we found on Amazon App Store:
One user points out that NordVPN is an essential product in this day and age. The NordVPN price for FireStick is pretty affordable, and is available at $3.49/mo (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). But if you are unsatisfied, you can always cancel your NordVPN subscription and get a refund within 30-days. and for any payment method concern you can always check out our blog NordVPN with PayPal.
FAQs – NordVPN FireStick
Now let’s discuss some frequently asked questions regarding using NordVPN FireStick together.
Does NordVPN stay connected on FireStick?
Yes, NordVPN stays connected on FireStick as long as you want it to be. This way, you can enjoy accessing all your favorite geo-restricted streaming platforms on a bigger screen without any issues.
How do you reset NordVPN on FireStick?
To reset NordVPN on FireStick, visit Settings > Applications. From there, choose Manage Applications, and reinstall the app from FireStick from the Amazon App Store.
These are simply the best NordVPN settings for FireStick instead, you face any technical errors.
Why is NordVPN not working on my FireStick?
The reason why NordVPN doesn’t work on FireStick is that a few of its settings might have changed accidentally. You can reset them by visiting Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Then, visit the Amazon App Store and reinstall the NordVPN FireStick app again.
Does NordVPN work with FireStick?
Yes, NordVPN’s easy-to-use app works great with FireStick devices. Just download this FireStick VPN directly from the Amazon App Store and stream videos without any buffers.
Can I use NordVPN with FireStick for free?
Yes, you can use NordVPN with FireStick for free using its 30-day money-back guarantee. This way, you can use NordVPN for 30 days on FireStick without any risks. NordVPN also offers a 7-day free trial, but it’s for Android users only.
This way, you won’t even need a free VPN for FireStick!
Why does NordVPN keep disconnecting with FireStick?
At times you might find that NordVPN is not connecting to your Fire TV, or it keeps disconnecting. Most of the time, the problem lies with your Fire TV device. For example, your FireStick device might be too old (1st generation) that lacks VPN support. If you are experiencing the same issue, you can set up a VPN on your router and use it with multiple devices simultaneously, including your FireStick.
How to uninstall NordVPN from FireStick?
Here’s how you can uninstall NordVPN from your FireStick:
- First, open the Settings menu, go to the Applications tab, and find the Manage Installed Applications page.
- Open Manage Installed Applications.
- Find and choose NordVPN.
- Click Uninstall and confirm the action.
- That’s it. NordVPN is now removed from your Amazon FireStick.
How do I update NordVPN on Firestick?
It’s pretty easy to update your NordVPN app on FireStick. You don’t need to do anything. Once you’ve downloaded the VPN app from the Amazon app store, NordVPN will automatically update in the background.
NordVPN is one of the best VPN providers that allow FireStick users to stream privately and access live TV channels from anywhere in the world. Using NordVPN with FireStick will help you unlock the full potential of your device.
The NordVPN FireStick app is easy to use, and it also works great with other devices as well. It has a high rating of 4.1 on the Amazon App Store.
We hope you found this guide on installing NordVPN on FireStick useful. Hopefully, you can now avoid any form of geo-restrictions when it comes to unblocking Netflix or other streaming services on FireStick.