- NordVPN Review
- NordVPN Lifetime
- How fast is NordVPN?
- Does NordVPN work with Netflix?
- Does NordVPN allow Torrenting?
- How do I get NordVPN for free?
- Why is my NordVPN not working?
- How do I cancel a NordVPN payment?
- Can I use NordVPN on Roku?
- How do I use NordVPN on Kodi?
- Does NordVPN work on PS4?
- Can you use VPN on Disney plus?
How to Install NordVPN on Fire Stick (August 2021 Updated)
NordVPN works great on Firestick devices. During testing, NordVPN delivered excellent performance, with extraordinary speeds. NordVPN also offers 5200+ servers across 59 countries that you can choose from. It has a high Amazon App Store rating of 4.1 stars. NordVPN’s app is compatible with 2nd generation or-later Amazon FireStick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube devices. You can check more top VPN tested and recommended by us.
Its app is available on Amazon App Store and can also be downloaded through the Downloader app. With NordVPN FireStick app you can get access to streaming optimized servers with lightning-fast speed. You’ll be able to easily unblock US Netflix, Hulu, and other geo-restricted streaming services on your FireStick.
In this NordVPN FireStick installation guide, we will be showing you how to set up NordVPN on FireStick in the easiest ways possible.
So, without wasting time, let’s see how to get NordVPN on FireStick.
How to Install NordVPN on FireStick
NordVPN recently launched an app for Fire TV that you can directly download from Amazon. There are two methods to set up NordVPN on FireStick/Fire TV:
- Method#1 – Amazon App Store installation method.
- Method#2 – Manual APK installation method.
Method#1: How to Install NordVPN on FireStick from Amazon App Store [Recommended Method]
Follow these steps to install NordVPN on your FirsStick directly from the Amazon App Store:
Once the app opens, you can head over to NordVPN’s settings and play with options like CyberSec, split tunneling, kill switch, and more. But in case something goes wrong, you can check out our NordVPN not working guide.
Method#2: How to manually install NordVPN on FireStick [Old Method]
This method requires installing the APK of NordVPN through the Downloader app. This method can be a bit risky if you don’t download NordVPN’s APK from its official website. Because there are APK files for NordVPN on different third-party websites, you can unknowingly install malware if you’re not careful.
If you have no issues trying this method, follow these steps below:
That’s it. You’re ready to use NordVPN. For older models that don’t natively support VPNs, you can also directly install NordVPN on your router for added privacy and security.
How to control NordVPN on Firestick with Mouse App [Old Method]
You can also use a Bluetooth mouse to control the NordVPN app on your Fire TV, or you can also use a smartphone or a tablet. Amazon also offers a remote control app for FireStick devices, but it doesn’t have mouse control. There are multiple apps available for Android and iOS devices that you can use on your Fire TV.
We tried the Remote for Fire TV app on iPhone. It is a paid app costing $2 but is totally worth it. It was smooth, and the movements were also quite fluid. It was as close to a mouse as one can get.
Its apps are also available on both iOS and Android devices. However, its app for Android is only available from Amazon App Store, not Google Play Store, so make sure to download the official app and not a knockoff.
We tested the iOS app only, but it’s not a popular choice among users because you have to purchase the app on both Apple Store and Fire TV, which seems to be frustrating for some users.
Once you have downloaded the app on both your TV and mobile device, make sure both are connected to the same Wi-Fi. You will see your Fire TV on the phone app. Simply click the connect button to get started.
Now, you can open NordVPN from the remote app, sign in and connect to the server location of your choice. Once the connection is established, it will remain active until you shut down your FireStick device or manually disable the connection. And that’s it, you have enabled NordVPN on your Fire TV.
6 Reasons Why You Should Use NordVPN with FireStick
NordVPN has a reputation as one of the leading VPN brands in the market. Here are 6 reasons why you should use NordVPN with FireStick:
- Bypassing geo-restrictions: Due to copyrights and licensing issues, many services provide region-specific availability. NordVPN can bypass these geographical limitations and allow you to access all media services with no hassle.
- Access torrents: NordVPN efficiently unblocks torrent sites. Just check out NordVPN’s torrenting performance here for yourself. NordVPN offers P2P optimized servers, with a SOCKS5 proxy to boost your performance while torrenting. This is an added bonus for users that want to perform P2P filesharing with the same NordVPN subscription.
- Fast speeds: As per our NordVPN speed tests, you can easily expect up to 90% of your original broadband/Wi-Fi speed when using NordVPN. It is more than enough for bufferless streaming and lag-free torrenting.
- Enhancing online security: NordVPN uses sophisticated 256-bit AES encryption technology to protect user data from online threats. Thus, not only can you unblock geo-restricted sites, but you also get excellent security as a bonus while using NordVPN because it offers double encryption.
- Large server network: NordVPN offers 5200+ servers in 59 countries. Since NordVPN has one of the largest server networks in the industry. With a global server network, you can unblock any international content from abroad.
- Device compatibility: NordVPN supports 6 simultaneous connections. With its dedicated apps for different platforms and wide compatibility. It offers dedicated apps for macOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and more. You can even install NordVPN on routers as well and configure it on multiple gaming consoles such as Xbox because NordVPN is compatible with Xbox.
But that’s not all. There are countless other features as well which you can check out in our updated NordVPN review.
NordVPN FireStick Alternatives
Overall, NordVPN is a great choice for FireStick, but if you still want to try something else and are not satisfied with NordVPN, you can check out other best VPNs for Fire TV that we’ve covered in our in-depth guide.
Our top recommendations are ExpressVPN, IPVanish, and Surfshark. ExpressVPN is our #1 choice for Fire TV users as it is compatible with FireStick, TV, and Fire Cube. It has an Amazon App Store rating of 4 and it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free for 30 days.
- Install ExpressVPN on Amazon FireStick
- Install Surfshark on Amazon FireStick
- Install IPVanish on Amazon FireStick
NordVPN User Reviews on Amazon App Store
NordVPN has a 4.1-star rating out of 5 with 21144 user reviews. If you look at the image below, 61% of users have rated 5 stars which is the highest percentage.
Here are some user reviews that we found on Amazon App Store:
One user makes a point that NordVPN is an essential product in this day and age. Its 2-year plan is the most affordable available at $3.30/mo (VPN Awareness Month - 2 year plan at 72% off + 3 months FREE) with 3 months free subscription. But in case you end up not satisfied, you can always cancel your NordVPN subscription and get a refund within 30-days.
FAQs – NordVPN on Fire Stick
Now let’s discuss some frequently asked questions regarding NordVPN and FireStick.
Yes, NordVPN works on FireStick devices. To use NordVPN on your FireStick, you can either download its app directly from the Amazon App Store, or you can manually configure it using NordVPN’s APK file. To use NordVPN with 1-st gen devices, you’ll need to install NordVPN on your router and then connect your FireStick device to it.
Yes, you can use NordVPN with FireStick for free as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. So you can use it free for 30 days on FireStick using its money-back guarantee. NordVPN also offers a 7-day free trial, but it’s for iOS and Android users only.
At times you might find that NordVPN is not connecting to your Fire TV or it keeps disconnecting. Most of the time the problem lies with your Fire TV device. For example, your FireStick device might be too old (1st generation) that lacks VPN support. If you are experiencing the same issue you can set up a VPN on your router and use it with multiple devices at the same time, including your FireStick.
If you don’t wish to use NordVPN, here’s how you can uninstall NordVPN from your FireStick:
- From the home screen of your Fire TV Stick, go to Settings and then click on Applications.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications.
- Next, scroll down a bit and click on the NordVPN application to delete it.
- Click Uninstall and then press Uninstall again to remove NordVPN.
- That’s it. NordVPN is now removed from your Amazon FireStick.
NordVPN is one of the best VPN providers that allow FireStick users to stream privately and access live TV channels from anywhere in the world. Using NordVPN with Firestick will help you unlock the full potential of your device. NordVPN Firestick app is easy to use and it also works great with other devices as well. It has a high rating of 4.1 on the Amazon App Store.
We hope you found this guide on how to install NordVPN on FireStick useful. Hopefully, you can now avoid any form of geo-restrictions when it comes to unblocking Netflix or other streaming services on FireStick.