How to Install and Use NordVPN on FireStick [Tested in 2021]
NordVPN Fire Stick is available on Amazon App Store and can also be downloaded through the Downloader app. NordVPN app has over 5500+ servers worldwide and easily unblocks various streaming services.
NordVPN is available on the Amazon App Store and can be easily installed on different Fire TV Stick devices. In this NordVPN Fire Stick installation guide, I will be showing you how to setup NordVPN on Fire Stick in the easiest ways possible.
With NordVPN’s 5500+ server network, you’ll be able to download various apps on Fire Stick that are geo-restricted while also keeping your online identity private.
So, without wasting any time, let’s discuss — How do I get NordVPN on Fire Stick?
How to Install NordVPN on Fire Stick
Today, I will be discussing two methods to set up NordVPN Fire Stick/Fire TV.
- Method#1 – Amazon App Store installation method.
- Method#2 – Manual APK installation method.
Method#1: How to Install NordVPN on Fire Stick through Amazon App Store [Recommended Method]
Once the app opens, you can head over to NordVPN settings for Fire Stick and mess around with options like CyberSec, protocols, and more. But in case something goes wrong, you can check out our NordVPN not working guide.
Method#2: How to manually install NordVPN APK on Fire Stick [Old Method]
This method requires installing the APK of NordVPN through the Downloader app. This method can be a bit risky if you don’t download NordVPN’s APK from its official website. Because you can find APK files for NordVPN on different websites, you can unknowingly install malware on your Fire Stick device if you’re not careful.
If you have no issues trying this method, here is what you need to do to use NordVPN on Fire Stick:
Step 1: Open Fire Stick Home > Select NordVPN Fire Stick Settings menu on top-right
Step 2: Select Device/Fire TV > Then Developer Options > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources
Step 3: Go back to Fire Stick Home > Select the Search option > Type “Downloader”
Step 4: Click Download and then Open once the installation is complete
Step 5: Enter this URL https://nordvpn.com/download/android/
Step 6: Click on Download APK
Step 7: Once the download finishes, Select Install
Step 8: Once installed, click Done
Step 9: Return to Fire Stick Home > Go to Settings > Then Applications
Step 10: Click Manage Installed Applications > Now select NordVPN
That’s it. You’re ready to use NordVPN on your Fire Stick device. For older Fire Stick models that don’t natively support VPNs, you can now also directly install NordVPN on your router for added privacy and security.
How do I use NordVPN on Amazon Fire Stick?
Using NordVPN on Fire Stick is even simpler than installing NordVPN on FireStick. To start with, you need to log in to the service to gain access to all premium features of the service. From there, you can connect to your favorite servers and enjoy streaming services available on Fire Stick without worrying about getting blocked.
After subscribing to NordVPN, here’s what you’ll need to do to get started.
1. Launch the NordVPN app on your Fire Stick device.
2. Next, login or create a new account.
3. Once logged in, accessed the “All Countries” screen from the main menu and connect to any server location of your choice.
4. After selecting a server, you can exit the NordVPN app and launch your favorite streaming service for unrestricted access.
How to use NordVPN on 1st-Generation Amazon Fire Stick?
If you have a first-generation Fire TV Stick, you can’t directly install apps from the Amazon App Store. To use NordVPN on a first-generation Fire Stick, you’ll need to install a VPN app directly on a compatible router.
Once you configureNordVPN on your router, every device connected to your home Wi-Fi will get connected to NordVPN’s secure servers. You’ll just need a router that’s compatible with NordVPN. For instance, NordVPN recommends using Asus routers as they have support for OpenVPN client on its default firmware and requires minimal effort to get everything set up.
How to Uninstall NordVPN from Fire Stick
If you don’t wish to use NordVPN on your Fire Stick device, here’s how you can uninstall NordVPN from your Fire Stick device:
1. From the home screen of your Fire TV Stick, go to Settings and then click on Applications.
2. Click on Manage Installed Applications.
3. Next, scroll down a bit and click on the NordVPN application to delete it.
4. Click Uninstall and then click on Uninstall again to remove NordVPN from your Fire Stick.
That’s it. NordVPN is now removed from your Amazon device.
NordVPN User Reviews on Amazon App Store
NordVPN has a 4.1-star rating out of 5 with 21144 user reviews. If you look at the image below, 61% of users have rated 5 stars which is the highest percentage.
Here are some user reviews that are found in Amazon App Store:
One user makes a point that NordVPN is an essential product in this day and age. Its 2-year plan is the most affordable available at $3.71/mo with 3 months free. But in case you end up not satisfied, you can always cancel your NordVPN subscription and get refunded within 30-days.
Benefits of using NordVPN for Fire Stick
NordVPN has a reputation as one of the leading VPN brands in the market. It offers various benefits to users, such as:
- Bypassing Geo-restrictions: Due to copyrights and licensing issues, many services provide region-specific availability. NordVPN can overturn these geographical limitations and allow you to access all media services on Fire Stick with no hassle.
- Access torrents: NordVPN efficiently unblocks torrents. Just check out NordVPN’s torrenting performance here for yourself. If you’re using it on your desktop. This is an added bonus for users that want to perform P2P filesharing with the same NordVPN subscription as they use for Fire Stick.
- Fast speeds: As per our NordVPN speed tests, you can easily expect up to 90% of your original broadband/Wi-Fi speed when using NordVPN. This makes it an excellent choice for streaming. It also helps in unblocking Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and other streaming services.
- Enhancing online security: NordVPN uses sophisticated encryption technology to protect user data from online threats. Thus, not only can you get access to unblock HD-quality streams on Fire Stick, but you also get excellent security as a bonus while using NordVPN because it offers double encryption.
- Large server network: It has 5500+ servers in 59 countries. Since NordVPN has the largest server network in the industry, it’s no wonder that NordVPN still works in China.
- Wide compatibility: NordVPN supports 6 simultaneous connections. With its dedicated apps for different platforms and wide compatibility, you can install NordVPN on Fire Stick, Kodi, as well as consoles like Roku, and some routers as well.
But that’s not all. There are countless other features as well which you can check out in our updated NordVPN review.
FAQs about NordVPN and Fire Stick
Now let’s discuss some frequently asked questions regarding NordVPN and Fire Stick.
Does NordVPN Work with Fire Stick?
Yes, NordVPN works on Fire Stick devices. To be more specific, 2nd-gen Fire TV Stick devices have native support for VPNs. To use NordVPN with 1-st gen Fire Stick devices, you’ll need to install NordVPN on your router and then connect your Fire Stick device to it.
Is NordVPN free on Fire Stick?
No, NordVPN is not free for Fire Stick. However, NordVPN does offer a 7-day free trial and 30-day money-back gurantee to help you test out the service risk-free.
How do I know if NordVPN is working on Fire Stick?
To check if NordVPN is working properly on your Fire Stick device, follow these steps:
- Click on the Search icon on your Fire Stick and type ‘Firefox’.
- Now, download and install the ‘Firefox for Fire TV’ app.
- From your ‘Home screen’ click on the ‘Firefox’ app.
- From your Firefox browser’s address bar, type in http://iplookup.flagfox.net
- Now, once the page opens up, look for the location that shows up on the map. If the location is the same as the server location you’re connected to, then rest assure that NordVPN is working on your Fire Stick device.
NordVPN Firestick Alternatives
Overall, I also have plenty of good things to say about NordVPN. But if you still want to try something else and not satisfied with NordVPN on Amazon Fire Stick, you can check out other best VPN for Fire TV that we’ve covered in our indepth guide.
- Install PureVPN on Amazon Fire stick
- Install Surfshark on Amazon Fire stick
- Install ExpressVPN on Amazon Fire stick
The Wrap Up
NordVPN is one of the best VPN providers which allow Fire Stick users to stream privately and access Live TV channels from anywhere. Using NordVPN with FireStick will help you unlock the full potential of your Fire Stick device.
I hope you found this guide on how to install NordVPN on Fire Stick useful. Hopefully, you can now avoid any form of geo-restrictions when it comes to unblocking Netflix or other streaming services.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?