How do I get a VPN on my FireStick Canada? If you’re looking around for a VPN that will let you enjoy your streaming device to the fullest, then you need to get NordVPN. There are multiple reasons you should use NordVPN with Firestick.
To start, NordVPN provides a dedicated FireStick app, excelling at unblocking geo-restricted streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Paramount+, and Disney+. With 6000+ servers, including 3 in Canada, this top VPN not only delivers fast speeds but also ensures robust security. The NordVPN FireStick combo in Canada solidifies its position as one of the best VPNs for Canada.
This guide will show you how to install NordVPN on FireStick in Canada using a few simple steps. Once configured, you can enjoy geo-blocked content worldwide and secure your online activities from third-party snooping.
So, without wasting time, let’s check out the NordVPN FireStick in Canada review!
How to Install NordVPN on FireStick in Canada (Quick Steps Guide 2024)
NordVPN’s app for Fire TV can be directly downloaded from Amazon. There are two methods to set up NordVPN on FireStick/Fire TV:
1. How to install NordVPN on FireStick in Canada from Amazon App Store [Recommended Method]
Follow these steps to install NordVPN on your FirsStick directly from the Amazon App Store:
Once the app opens, you can head over to NordVPN’s settings and play with options like CyberSec, split tunneling, kill switch, and more.
2. How to manually install NordVPN on FireStick [Old Method]
Before the existence of a dedicated NordVPN FireStick app, installing the VPN on FireStick in Canada required users to download NordVPN’s Android app with another app that would enable touchscreen navigation on FireStick. Now that you do get a dedicated app for FireStick, there’s barely any use for this method.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to enjoy the NordVPN FireStick in Canada combo using this old method. First, you’ll require at least the 2nd-generation or later version of FireStick in Canada. You’ll also require NordVPN’s APK file for FireStick, which you can get directly from its website.
The way NordVPN’s Android app is designed, you cannot control it using the default FireStick remote. To get around this issue, you’ll either need a Bluetooth mouth, or you can control the input through your tablet/smartphone using the steps below:
1. Open FireStick Home > Select the Settings menu on the top-right.
2. Select Device > Developer Options > Turn ON Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB debugging.
3. Go back to the home screen > Select the Search option > Type “Downloader”
4. Click Get and then Open once the installation is complete.
5. Enter this URL: https://nordvpn.com/download/android/
6. Click on the APK version to download the file.
7. Once the download finishes, you must install the app. Click Install and then Open. Once you’re done, exit the Downloader app.
8. Once installed, click Done. Since NordVPN is downloaded as a third-party app, you won’t be able to see it on the home page or the Apps page. So, return to Home > Go to Settings > Then Applications.
9. Click Manage Installed Applications > Now select NordVPN and click Launch application.
10. Once you’re done, just sign in and connect to a server instantly!
That’s it. Now that you’ve installed NordVPN on FireStick in Canada using Downloader, you can use it easily! For older models that don’t natively support VPNs, you can also directly install NordVPN on your router, Install NordVPN on LG TV in Canada, NordVPN on my Smart TV in Canada, and NordVPN on Xbox one in Canada for added privacy and security.
How to control NordVPN on FireStick in Canada with Mouse App [Old Method]
You can also use a Bluetooth mouse to control the NordVPN app on your Fire TV in Canada, or you can also use a smartphone or a tablet. Amazon also offers a remote control app for FireStick devices, but it doesn’t have mouse control. There are multiple apps available for Android and iOS devices that you can use on your Fire TV in Canada.
We tried the Remote for Fire TV app on iPhone. It is a paid app but is totally worth it. It was smooth, and the movements were also quite fluid. It was as close to a mouse as one could get.
Its apps are also available on both iOS and Android devices. However, its app for Android is only available from Amazon App Store, not Google Play Store, so make sure to download the official app without a knockoff.
We tested the iOS app only, but it’s not a popular choice among users because you have to purchase the app on both the Apple Store and Fire TV, which seems to be frustrating for some users.
Once you have downloaded the app on both your TV and mobile device, make sure both are connected to the same Wi-Fi. You will see your Fire TV on the phone app. Simply click the connect button to get started.
Now, you can open NordVPN from the remote app, sign in, and connect to the server location of your choice. Once the connection is established, it will remain active until you shut down your FireStick device or manually disable the connection. And that’s it, you have enabled NordVPN on your Fire TV in Canada.
Reasons Why You Should Use NordVPN with FireStick in Canada
NordVPN is a powerful security application that protects your online activities from criminals and third-party apps. The app utilizes the best-in-class end-to-end encryption for keeping your data secure, which is why we recommend its usage with your FireStick in Canada.
Here are the following reasons why you should use NordVPN with FireStick in Canada:
- Native FireStick app: What makes NordVPN FireStick amazing is the native FireStick app you get with the VPN that’s optimized for streaming purposes.
- Bypassing geo-restrictions: Due to copyrights and licensing issues, many services provide region-specific availability. NordVPN can bypass these geographical limitations and allow you to access all media services without hassle.
- Access torrents: NordVPN efficiently unblocks torrent sites. Just check out NordVPN’s torrenting performance in Canada here for yourself. NordVPN offers P2P optimized servers, with a SOCKS5 proxy to boost your performance while torrenting in Canada. This is an added bonus for users who want to perform P2P filesharing with the same NordVPN subscription in Canada.
- Fast speeds: As per our NordVPN speed tests, you can easily expect up to 90% of your original broadband/Wi-Fi speed when using NordVPN. It is more than enough for bufferless streaming and lag-free torrenting in Canada.
- Enhancing online security: NordVPN uses sophisticated 256-bit AES encryption technology to protect user data from online threats. Thus, not only can you unblock geo-restricted sites, but you also get excellent security as a bonus while using NordVPN because it offers double encryption.
- Large server network: NordVPN offers 6000+ servers in 60 countries (including 3 servers located in Canada). Since NordVPN has one of the largest server networks in the industry. With a global server network, you can unblock any international content in Canada.
- Device compatibility: NordVPN supports 6 simultaneous connections. With its dedicated apps for different platforms and wide compatibility. It offers dedicated macOS, iOS, Windows, Android, and more apps. You can even install NordVPN on routers as well and configure it on multiple gaming consoles, such as Xbox because NordVPN is compatible with Xbox.
But that’s not all! There are countless other features as well, which you can check out in our updated NordVPN review in Canada.
Troubleshooting Tip: NordVPN Keeps Disconnecting on FireStick
Just like all other VPNs, you may find NordVPN not working for you at some point. Even though there are tons of easy fixes to solve this issue, if nothing works, you may start facing a problem with your FireStick device.
For example, you may think, “Why can’t I find NordVPN on FireStick in Canada?” That’s because you cannot get NordVPN on the 1st generation of FireStick since the device is incompatible with VPNs. If that’s the case, then install a VPN on your router to conceal your traffic and enjoy streaming.
NordVPN FireStick Alternatives
Overall, NordVPN is a great choice for FireStick in Canada, but if you still want to try something else and are not satisfied with NordVPN, you can check out the other best VPNs that we’ve covered in our in-depth guide.
Our top recommendations are ExpressVPN, IPVanish, and Surfshark. ExpressVPN is our #1 choice for Fire TV users in Canada as it is compatible with FireStick, TV, and Fire Cube. It has an Amazon App Store rating of 4, and it also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free for 30 days.
NordVPN User Reviews on Amazon App Store
NordVPN has a 4.1-star rating out of 5 with 21144 user reviews. From the image below, 61% of users have rated 5 stars, the highest percentage.
Here are some user reviews that we found on Amazon App Store:
One user points out that NordVPN is an essential product in this day and age. The NordVPN price for FireStick in Canada is pretty affordable and is available at CA$4.03/mo (US$ 2.99/mo) (Exclusive Christmas Deal: Grab 3 Months Extra + 69% OFF 2-Year Plan). But if you are unsatisfied, you can always cancel your NordVPN subscription and get a refund within 30 days. and for any payment method concern, you can always check out our blog NordVPN with PayPal in Canada.
FAQs – NordVPN on FireStick in Canada
Now let’s discuss some frequently asked questions regarding using NordVPN FireStick together.
Does NordVPN stay connected to FireStick in Canada?
Yes, NordVPN stays connected on FireStick in Canada as long as you want it to be. This way, you can enjoy accessing all your favorite geo-restricted streaming platforms on a bigger screen without any issues.
How do you reset NordVPN on FireStick in Canada?
To reset NordVPN on FireStick in Canada, visit Settings > Applications. From there, choose Manage Applications, and reinstall the app from FireStick from the Amazon App Store.
These are simply the best NordVPN settings for FireStick in Canada. Instead, you face technical errors.
Why is NordVPN on FireStick not working in Canada?
The reason why NordVPN doesn’t work on FireStick in Canada is that a few of its settings might have changed accidentally. You can reset them by visiting Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Then, visit the Amazon App Store and reinstall the NordVPN FireStick app again.
Does NordVPN work with FireStick in Canada?
Yes, NordVPN’s easy-to-use app works great with FireStick devices. Just download this FireStick VPN directly from the Amazon App Store and stream videos without any buffers.
Can I use NordVPN with FireStick in Canada for free?
Yes, you can use NordVPN with FireStick in Canada for free using its 30-day money-back guarantee. This way, you can use NordVPN for 30 days on FireStick without any risks. NordVPN also offers a 7-day free trial in Canada, but it’s for Android users only.
This way, you won’t even need a free VPN for FireStick in Canada!
Why does NordVPN keep disconnecting with FireStick in Canada?
At times you might find that NordVPN is not connecting to your Fire TV in Canada, or it keeps disconnecting. Most of the time, the problem lies with your Fire TV device. For example, your FireStick device might be too old (1st generation) that lacks VPN support. If you are experiencing the same issue, you can set up a VPN on your router and use it with multiple devices simultaneously, including your FireStick.
How to uninstall NordVPN from FireStick in Canada?
Here’s how you can uninstall NordVPN from your FireStick in Canada:
- First, open the Settings menu, go to the Applications tab, and find the Manage Installed Applications page.
- Open Manage Installed Applications.
- Find and choose NordVPN.
- Click Uninstall and confirm the action.
- That’s it. NordVPN is now removed from your Amazon FireStick.
How do I update NordVPN on Firestick in Canada?
It’s pretty easy to update your NordVPN app on FireStick in Canada. You don’t need to do anything. Once you’ve downloaded the VPN app from the Amazon app store, NordVPN will automatically update in the background.
NordVPN is one of the best VPN providers in Canada that allows FireStick users to stream privately and access live TV channels from anywhere in the world. Using NordVPN with FireStick in Canada will help you unlock the full potential of your device.
The NordVPN FireStick app is easy to use, and it also works great with other devices as well. It has a high rating of 4.1 on the Amazon App Store.
We hope you found this guide on installing NordVPN on FireStick in Canada useful. Hopefully, you can now avoid any form of geo-restrictions when it comes to unblocking Netflix or other streaming services on FireStick in Canada.