How to Setup and Install NordVPN on Android TV?
- Updated: May 31, 2023
- 0 User Reviews
- Gerald Hunt
NordVPN is one fantastic service to use on your Android TV. You can download and set it up on your Android TV using the NordVPN app or by using the OpenVPN connect protocol.
NordVPN boasts itself as one of the most reliable VPNs in the world. And this claim, however, is not wrong. NordVPN is a top-ranked VPN globally.
It serves users with 5200+ servers, a super user-friendly application, prioritized privacy and security, and affordable pricing. I mean, who wouldn’t want to try this VPN with all these benefits?
If you own an Android TV and do not access a number of shows and movies from across the world, then you’re missing out. And, if you’re wondering how you can do that, well, you can use NordVPN on Android TV to stream Netflix and other streaming apps hassle-free.
Before you get NordVPN, make sure to read our detailed NordVPN review.
How do I install NordVPN on Android TV?
Android itself is pretty user-friendly. To install NordVPN on your TV, you just need to:
1. Visit NordVPN’s website.
2. Scroll to the bottom to find the link to download NordVPN on Android or visit Google Play Store, search for NordVPN, and install the app.
How to Set up NordVPN for an Android TV?
You can set up NordVPN on Android TV in two ways:
Using OpenVPN connect:
1. Download NordVPN configuration files on your Chrome browser.
2. Install NordVPN’s protocol ‘OpenVPN connect’ using Google Play Store.
3. Launch the OpenVPN Connect app and click on its menu icon.
4. Click Import and insert your previously downloaded NordVPN.ovpn configuration files.
5. Press ‘Connect’ after entering your NordVPN username and password.
Using the app:
1. Visit NordVPN’s website and select a subscription plan that suits your needs. NordVPN may not offer a lifetime plan anymore but still offers an exclusive 2-year plan to users.
2. Install NordVPN’s app from Google Play Store and sign in to your NordVPN account.
3. Turn on the CyberSec feature or any other that you require on your Android TV to make the streaming experience smoother.
See Also: Configure NordVPN on LG Smart TV
See Also: Best VPN For LG Smart TV
Why should I use NordVPN?
NordVPN is the most reliable and secure VPN in the world. It stands firm to be the best VPN for streaming, privacy, and surfing the internet at blazing-fast speeds. Just check out how fast it is in our NordVPN speed test guide. With 5200+ servers, you can watch anything and everything, whether it be BBC iPlayer or Hulu, you can easily stream anything on your Android TV.
Other than Android, NordVPN is compatible with all major devices other than Android TVs. Another cool thing about NordVPN is that it offers separate P2P-optimized servers. You can torrent easily using NordVPN. And NordVPN is a great VPN service for Apple TV as well.
Use NordVPN on the following:
If you’re looking forward to testing out its features before the actual purchase, then you can go for NordVPN’s free trial. If not, then you can purchase the VPN and always cancel your NordVPN subscription easily.
Why is NordVPN not working?
If you’re new to its interface, it’s common to get lost. We’re addressing some fundamental NordVPN problems with its Android TV application that users face and the solutions:
1. Inability to connect to NordVPN servers:
If your NordVPN servers aren’t functioning on your Android TV, then you can check out the troubleshooting guide of NordVPN on Android TV.
Some essential tips that might come in handy are:
- Try a few servers of this VPN service. There is a possibility that the others might work.
- Log out and log back into your VPN service account. If not, try deleting the app and reinstalling it.
- Try connecting your Android TV to a different network connection before connecting it to NordVPN.
2. NordVPN is not working on your Android TV:
If your VPN service app is not working on your Android TV, there may be a possibility of a disconnected internet connection. Try refreshing your Wi-Fi network and connecting it again. If you believe that there is an unavailability of any server, try connecting to another server and using the app. If all fails, check out our NordVPN not working guide.
3. Facing a slow connection:
Your internet connection may be the problem. You should always switch to an alternate internet network if this happens. In cases you believe this isn’t the problem, then try changing your server.
What protocol does NordVPN use?
NordVPN uses three protocols to secure user data from leaking. These are OpenVPN and IKEv2/IPSec for mobile apps and TLS v1.2 for browser extensions.
This software has an encryption library called OpenSSL that consists of various security features and allows authentication using a username, password, or shared key.
This protocol offers the best privacy and security services for its users. Being a mobile-friendly protocol, it allows users to switch from their Wi-Fi to mobile data and vice versa without letting the NordVPN connection drop at any point.
FAQs regarding NordVPN on Android TV
Now let’s check out some frequently asked questions related to NordVPN and Android TVs.
How do set up NordVPN on Android TV Box?
It’s the easiest thing you can do.
- Search NordVPN on Google Play Store on Android TV.
- Install it on your Android TV.
- Log in with your credentials and enjoy.
Is NordVPN compatible with Smart TV?
Most Smart TVs don’t support VPNs natively. However, NordVPN is compatible with Android-based TVs. If you have an Android TV, you can directly download the VPN on it from Play Store. If you have some other Smart TV, you can set up NordVPN on your router and connect your device to the VPN-enabled router.
To access all the awesome content you’ve been missing out on your Android TV, you need to get NordVPN today. With all the benefits of NordVPN listed above, you can easily work your way around the application, unblock all popular geo-restricted streaming services and watch Netflix with NordVPN easily. Get yourself NordVPN on Android TV today to stream all the geo-restricted content.
You can also stream these services with NordVPN: