Are you looking to setup VPN in China? Do you want to know which VPN works well in the Mainland China? Are you blocked to access Facebook, Youtube, Snapchat, Gmail and more popular sites? This guide will provide you step by step assistance to setup VPN in China on your iOS, Android, Mac OS X and Windows devices.
Unsurprisingly, the use of VPN is drastically popular in China. VPN has been widely adopted by netizens to circumvent the imposed geo-restrictions on social networks, search engines, blog spots, news platforms and other sites. However, the Chinese government is well aware of the evasion tools and blocks almost each and every service that tends to bypass the strict censorship measures.
Fortunately, following premium China VPN services offer cutting-edge encryption tunneling protocols along with packet forwarding techniques to bypass the VPN detection mechanism of the Great Firewall. In-fact we gathered the list of best free VPN for China as well. In addition to this, a range of top-tier servers provides uninterrupted and hi-speed HD streaming of media online.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 77% Off |
2 Year Deal
| 72% Off |
2 Years Plan
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
| 67% Off |
Limited Time Discount
| 88% OFF |
5 Year Deal
How to Download VPN China
You can setup VPN in China on your device using two methods. You can either download the custom app of above mentioned VPN services on your device or you can setup the service through manual configuration process with the help of step by step guide mentioned below. However, both the options require you to subscribe to a Chinese VPN service first.
Once subscribed to one of the preferred Chinese VPN services above, here’s how to download VPN China on your device:
- Click on one of the motioned VPN providers
- Make an account on provider’s site
- Select a package plan of your choice
- Now, download the custom VPN app (from Play store, iTunes, Windows Store or provider’s site)
- Upon successful download, install the VPN software on your device and enjoy accessing blocked websites and on-demand entertainment services from China. Enjoy!
Setup VPN on iOS in China
Before the setup process begins, we assume that you have subscribed to one of the best Chinese VPN mentioned above. Here’s how to setup VPN in China on iOS:
- Scroll to the Settings of your device, Go to General, Click on VPN and hit Add VPN Connection
- Click on PPTP or IPSec from the top. Enter a name for the connection in the Description. Enter the server address in the Server field. Enter your VPN Username in Account field and password in the Password field. Turn on Send All Traffic switch and click on Save
- The VPN connection is now ready. Go to Settings and click on VPN
- Click on the Status switch to connect to the VPN. Enjoy!
Setup VPN on Android in China
Android Smartphone and tablet users can get the most out of their device through the mentioned Chinese VPN services above. Once equipped with a Chinese VPN, users will be able to access censored and blocked websites from within China. Here’s how to setup VPN in China on Android:
- Navigate to the Settings of your Android device. Go to More Connection Settings
- Click on VPN
- Enter a name for the connection. Select type as PPTP or L2TP. Type the server address as provided by the provider and click on Save
- The VPN connection is ready. Click on the newly made VPN connection
- Enter your username and password as provided by the VPN service
- When connected successfully, you will be able to see a key icon on the status bar. Enjoy!
Setup VPN on Mac OS X in China
Setting up a VPN on Mac OS X is quite complex, but for your convenience, we simplified the setup procedure in simple steps. Here’s how to setup a VPN in China on Mac OS X:
- From the top-left corner of the screen, click on the Apple icon and go to System Preferences
- Click on Network
- From the left pane, click on the + icon and create a new VPN connection
- From the interface window, choose VPN as interface, select type as PPTP, Cisco IPSec or IKEv2 and enter a name in Service Name field. Click on Create
- On the network window, enter a server address as provided by the VPN service. Enter your username in Account Name, checkmark the Show VPN status in menu bar box and click on Authentication Settings
- Enter your VPN Password and hit OK
- Next, go back to the network screen and click on Advanced
- Check mark on Send all traffic over VPN connection
- Click on Apply
- Finally, hit Connect
- When connected successfully, a new icon will appear on the menu bar. You can connect or disconnect to VPN service through this icon. Enjoy!
Setup VPN on Windows in China
For user convenience, we have created a comprehensive illustrated guide for manual setup of VPN on Microsoft Windows 7 and 8. Here’s how to setup VPN in China on Windows:
- Go to system tray, tap right-click on system tray and click on Open Network and Sharing Center
- Click on Set up a new connection or network
- Choose Connect to workspace and click Next
- Select Use my Internet connection (VPN)
- Enter the server address as provided by the VPN service. Next, Type a name for the VPN connection, check mark on both Allow other people to use this connection and Don’t connect now, just set it up so I can connect later. Finally, clickNext
- Enter your username and password as given by the VPN provider and hit Create
- A message will appear displaying The connection is ready to use
- From the Networking and Sharing Center window, click on Change adapter settings from left pane
- Right-click on the newly made VPN connection and click on its Properties
- Go to the Security tab and select Point to Point Tunneling Protocol(PPTP)
- Tap on the drop-down menu of Data Encryption and choose your desired encryption level
- Now go to the Networking tab, uncheck Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Network. Hit OK
- Now in the Network Connections window, right-click on the newly made connection and hit Connect
- Enter username and password respectively and click on Connect
- A message will display the verification and authentication before the connection is established
- When connected successfully you will be able to see a connected icon in the system tray. Enjoy using the VPN!
An important aspect to consider is that while there are strict censorship laws and regulations to ban VPN services and evasion tools, the state does not prosecute users who try to circumvent the restrictions. This means that there’s no harm in using any of the VPN services. Moreover, the worst that can happen is simply that you may fail to access the internet uncensored.
However, Individual testing and security experts suggest Chinese VPN services mentioned above due to their specific network traffic forwarding technique which routes the entire network traffic of a user to a more protected protocol (TCP443). This allows a user ultimately to bypass the rigorous censorship measures of the Great Firewall.
Once you’re done with the setup VPN in China on your device, you will attain 100% online freedom, premium anonymity, accessibility to unlimited blocked sites including Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and much more from within China.