The more fame you garner as a gamer in the online community, the more your rivals might employ cheap tactics to spoil your game. In order to avoid being a victim of problems such as DDoS and hacking, you will require the best Xbox One VPN.
In this guide, we will review five of the strongest VPNs that would surely enhance your online gaming experience.
Gaming through Xbox One is a fascinating experience. Through online gaming, you can connect to a whole world of gamers and enjoy playing competitive battles with your friends. However, the gaming industry is no stranger to hackers, cybersecurity threats, and the ever-present problem of lag. Moreover, you can learn about the best VPN services overall in the market for 2018.
5 Best VPNs for Xbox One in 2018
Here we will describe 5 of the leading VPNs that you can use to gain high security and anonymity while playing on Xbox One. There are many benefits of using VPNs for Xbox. For instance, you can get games that may not yet be officially available in your region.
In addition, lag is one of the main problems that users experience during online gaming. Some VPN services provide you with dedicated gaming servers that can noticeably reduce lag. An added advantage for Netflix enthusiasts is that the VPN service can enable access to Netflix on your Xbox One.
Likewise, DDoS attacks are another concern, especially for online gamers. Many VPN providers safeguard you from such malicious attacks by hiding your true IP.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 88% Off |
5 Years for $1.32/month
| 75% Off |
3 Years Plan
| 83% Off |
2 Years Deal
| 73% Off |
6 months Free
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
Read about the top 5 VPNs for Xbox One with pros and cons highlighted for each. And if you are an enthusiastic gamer, you may be interested in best VPN for gaming.
1. PureVPN – a Feature-rich VPN Provider for Xbox One
PureVPN is an offshore VPN provider that offers an expansive list of benefits to its user. It uses 256-bit encryption and provider more than 750 servers scattered around 140 countries.
PureVPN provides these features at nominal subscription plans, making it a wallet friendly provider. It offers unlimited bandwidth and speeds, which are important factors from a gaming point of view. Therefore, PureVPN is the best VPN for Xbox One that you can get at this price.
Pros of PureVPN
- Offers 750+ servers in 140+ countries
- Uses strong 256-bit encryption
- No-logging of user data
Cons of PureVPN
- Does not offer free trial
Learn more about this service on our PureVPN review.
2. NordVPN – a Top-Tier VPN Service
Therefore, if you are looking for a VPN provider for Xbox One, NordVPN offers the strongest security and an extensive number of servers. You can get dedicated IP address and robust DDoS protection if you use NordVPN for online gaming through Xbox One.
Pros of NordVPN
- Provides 5100+ servers spread across 61 countries worldwide
- Follows zero-logging policy
- Double VPN encryption delivers excellent security
Cons of NordVPN
- Double encryption feature might affect Internet speed
Read our NordVPN review to find out more about this provider.
3. Surfshark- Offers unlimited multi-login feature to Xbox One users
Surfshark despite being a new comer in an online privacy industry offers next level compatibility with Xbox One. Moreover, it offers 500+ servers in 50 countries that enable you to choose your preferred servers from anywhere.
This amazing British Virgin Island service provides an unbelievable multi-login benefit that helps you to secure your multiple devices at once.
Pros of SurfShark
- Offers 500+ servers in 50 countries
- Provides 24/7 365 days customer support advantage
- Assists P2P/torrenting activities of gamers globally
Cons of SurfShark
- Has limited number of servers
Explore the features of this VPN service in our detailed SurfShark review.
4. CyberGhost – Unlimited Bandwidth for Non-Stop Gaming on Xbox One
CyberGhost offers dedicated servers for gaming and torrenting. It features an appealing and intuitive user interface. The sever network of CyberGhost extends to over 54 countries. All the servers offer consistently fast bandwidths and Internet speeds, ensuring a lag-free gaming experience.
CyberGhost follows a no-logging policy that ensures your complete anonymity. Moreover, it offers money-back guarantee that users can avail for a whole month. The live chat customer support promptly answers your questions.
Thus, these features make CyberGhost a strong candidate for the Xbox One.
Pros of CyberGhost
- Provides dedicated servers for gaming and P2P networking
- Covers many regions of the world with over 900 servers
- Offers a generous 30-day money-back guarantee
Cons of CyberGhost
- Some of the servers might occasionally cause connectivity issues
Explore the features of this VPN service in our detailed CyberGhost review.
5. ExpressVPN- Provides 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
ExpressVPN is another British Virgin Island service you can install on your Xbox One gaming consoles straightaway. The provider offers a comprehensive list of online payment options that allow gaming fans to secure their privacy from anywhere.
Luckily, ExpressVPN provides interactive apps for different platforms like Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, routers and gaming consoles such as Xbox One.
Pros of ExpressVPN
- Offers an impressive multi-login feature
- Provides dedicated servers for gaming
- Offers 256-bit military grade encryption feature
Cons of ExpressVPN
- Does not offer a free trial benefit
Read our full ExpressVPN Review to find out more about this VPN provider.
How to use VPN on Xbox One?
You are bound to use a VPN on your Xbox One devices for numerous reasons. There is no denying VPNs are must when you have to secure your privacy online. Moreover, it changes your IP addresses that allow you to circumvent internet censorship as well as region blocking barriers.
When you install a VPN on Xbox One, you can overcome lagging issues to certain degree. Likewise, you can connect to your preferred VPNs gaming servers that help you to take your gaming needs next level. You can protect yourself from DDoS attacks once you install a VPN on your Xbox One devices.
Interestingly, you can use Xbox One with an Ethernet cable that creates physical connection between your PC and Xbox One. Here is the list of steps you should perform on your Windows OS:
- Subscribe to a VPN of your choice from the list given above
- After subscribing, you can download and install the VPN provider on your PC or laptop
- Plug your Ethernet cable to your PC and plug other end of your Ethernet cable to your Xbox One
- You should open your laptop and perform the below mentioned steps:
- Start>Control Panel> Network & sharing Centre
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings” from the left side menu
- Right click on your VPN provider’s name and choose “Properties”
- You will see a prompt that will be opened on your screen
- Through Sharing Tab, click on the check button to access “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
- Start your Xbox One again to use your device with a VPN enabled internet connection
Setup VPN on Microsoft Xbox One
Now, when you know about the best VPN for Xbox One, there are two methods for setting up a VPN for Xbox One. By using any of the following methods, you will be able to bypass the geo-restrictions and achieve an unbeatable gaming experience:
- First Method: Share your computer’s VPN connection with Xbox One
- Second Method: Connect to a DD-WRT flashed router
Due to ease-of-use and fast access, we recommend users to go for the first method as the second can cause technical issues and malfunctions. However, for either of the methods, you will require a VPN account. We suggest users to make an account using one of the specified VPN providers and then proceed hassle free.
Sharing a VPN Connection With Xbox One via PC
To share a VPN connection with Xbox One using your PC you will need a VPN, an Ethernet cable, a Xbox and a personal computer.
Once ready, here’s how to share a VPN connection with a Xbox through your PC:
- First, Setup a VPN on your PC. You can refer to our step by step Windows guide for fast and easy installation of VPN on PC
- Connect the computer with router using Wifi or an Ethernet cable
- Next, connect the gaming console to your PC through Ethernet cable. (Make sure that Xbox’s “IP settings” and “DNS Settings” are set to automatic)
- Go to “Network and Sharing Center” on your PC. From the left pane, click on “Change adapter settings”
- Find the VPN connection (identifiable by its label “TAP – Win32 Adapter V9). Right-click on it and click on properties
- On the settings window, go to “Sharing” tab and check mark the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”. Now click on the drop-down menu and select “Local Area Connection”
- Finally, restart your computer and gaming console and you are all set to enjoy the VPN on your Xbox One
How to Setup VPN Xbox One via Mac
We have listed a step-by-step VPN installation guide for MAC OS X users. Here is how to share a VPN connection through Mac OS X:
- First, setup a VPN connection on your Mac OS X. You can refer to our step-by-step VPN installation on Mac OS X for a quick and effortless installation
- Turn off the Xbox One console and connect it with your Mac OS X through an Ethernet cable or USB port
- Next, go to System Preferences by clicking on the Apple icon at the top right corner of the screen and hit “Sharing”
- From “Share your connection from” menu, select your VPN connection
- From “To computers using” box, checkmark on the “USB Ethernet”
- On the left side of the window, check mark on “Internet Sharing”. When displayed with a pop-up box, click on Start.
- The Internet Sharing light will turn green, and status will be changed to on, assuring that everything is working properly
- Finally, restart your PC & gaming console and enjoy the perks of using a VPN on Xbox One
Using a VPN on Xbox One through Flashed Router
Connecting your Xbox One with DD-WRT flashed router is a quite complicated process. An advantage of using this method is that various devices can connect to the router and use the VPN at the same time. You can refer our guide to setup a VPN on DD-WRT flashed router; it provides very concise and straightforward instructions for a trouble-free installation of VPN on the router.
For users ease, we suggest avoiding this method due to its complexity. This process is aimed at players with top-tier technical knowledge about flashing devices. To get around with the daunting flashing procedure, various VPN providers offer their plug-and-play routers.
Here is the list of steps you should perform to setup a VPN on your Xbox One console straightaway:
- You should enter details given by your VPN service into your router’s control panel
- These details consist of your IP addresses, username, password and so on
- You must connect your Xbox One to your router through by going to Settings>Network>Network settings
- Through Network settings, choose “Setup wireless network” and configure your Xbox to use the router that has been connected with your VPN earlier
- You can also connect your Xbox One to the router through Ethernet directly to play online games hassle-free
This is how you can use Xbox One with a VPB with the help of a router.
How to Setup Xbox One VPN using Wi-Fi Router
You can setup a VPN on your home Wi-Fi router according to your own terms. You can avail a new Wi-Fi router that is compatible with built-in VPN providers. Furthermore, you can subscribe to any VPN service and provide your VPN details manually into your Wi-Fi router.
The installation process depends both on router and VPN service as the steps can be a bit different. Still, you will be able to install on your Xbox One gaming consoles through Wi-Fi routers.
Xbox One VPN for Xbox Live
A VPN for Xbox Live account can enhance your multiplayer capabilities using spoofing your location. A VPN masks your IP address with one that belongs to a country from where you want to play for e.g. U.S, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, China, Japan, Russia, Mexico and much more. This feature aids expats who are living abroad and wish to play in native language.
Once connected to a VPN, you will be able to play cooperative multiplayer games like Gears of Wars, Battlefield and more with your friends in the native tongue, adding more excitement to the match. In addition to this, the best Xbox One VPN services specified in the table above offer hundreds of servers located across major regions of the world. Using one the specified VPN services, you will be able to connect and play from anywhere at any time of the day.
Xbox One VPN Netflix
For gamers who use their Xbox One as a media center to stream videos can use a VPN to unblock unlimited geo-blocked entertainment services and enjoy the most out of their consoles. With A VPN you can bypass the imposed restriction and access many geo-blocked services such as Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Spotify and more from anywhere in the world. Using one of the best Xbox VPN services, you will be able to appear in a desired country and access many added media.
How to Setup VPN on Xbox One and Xbox 360?
If you want to know how to setup a VPN on Xbox 360 wireless and Xbox One, you do not need to be a tech geek at all. There are two different ways that you can use to setup a VPN on both Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Use Router Based Connection to Setup Xbox One/Xbox 360 VPN
You can surely apply router-based connection to Setup VPN on Xbox in no time. Here is how you can do:
- You will have to rely on Ethernet cable and connect your modem to WAN port in router
- From your router’s control panel, go to ‘basic setup’ / network/Basic tab in your router control panel
- Provide setup information that includes username, password, gateway, subnet mask and others
- Choose suitable protocol settings and alter your ‘Connection type” that is based on your router and VPN providers instructions
- Select suitable DCHP settings that is in accordance with your VPN service requirements
- Click the apply settings>save>connect and you are ready to use VPN without any fuss
How to Install Kodi on Xbox One?
It would not be wrong to say the least that Kodi is a one stop when it comes to accomplishing media streaming cravings free. Through official and third party add-ons, you can watch your preferred media content be it movies, TV shows, and other stuff on your desired devices instantly.
The task of installing Kodi on Xbox One is simple and does not need any rocket science. Here is how you can do to achieve your mission:
- You should click on “Store” tab available at the top left corner of your Xbox One, choose “Search” from the search bar and write “Kodi”
- A Kodi application will appear on your screen, click on “Get” button and then downloading and installation process will start automatically
- You will find Kodi has been successfully installed on your Xbox One notification
- You should click “Launch” to open and enjoy watching unlimited dose of media entertainment hassle-free.
To unblock and access geo-restricted content on Kodi through Xbox One securely, explore best VPN for Kodi guide to achieve your objective.
Use Your Computer to Setup VPN on Xbox One and Xbox 360
Luckily, you can share your VPN connection on your own computer to setup VPN on Xbox One and Xbox 360 appropriately. Here is how you can do:
- Through your computer’s control panel, go to “Network and Sharing Centre”
- Click on “Setup a New Connection or Network”>Connect to a Workplace>Next
- You will see a wizard asking a question “how do you want to connect”
- Choose “Use my internet connection (VPN)”
- Provide your Internet Address and Destination name given by your VPN service and click Next
- Writ username along with password of your VPN provider, click ‘Connect’
In case you have installed a VPN connection on your computer, you can opt these below described steps to connect it to your Xbox:
- Through Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable, connect your Xbox One with your personal computer
- From control panel of your system, go to “Network and Sharing Centre”
- Click on “Change Adapter Settings given on the left sidebar
- Click on Properties after right clicking on your VPN connection
- From sharing tab, check “Allow other network users to connect through this systems internet connection”
- Click on “Home Networking Connection, and choose ‘Local Area Connection’
- Click OK to proceed further and use Xbox One VPN without any difficulty
Why You Should Select an Xbox One VPN
You should opt a VPN for your Xbox One gaming console for various reasons. These are
- Improve online protection and anonymity to next level
- Avoid regional restriction barriers
- Access streaming services content that includes Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and others
Improve online protection and anonymity to next level
You can enhance your online security to certain degree. There are different tarnished users who want to stop you from winning online gaming tournaments through DDoS attacks. In this scenario, a VPN would surely rescue you from such hassles a great deal.
Avoid regional restriction barriers
Being an Xbox One enthusiast, you have to include a VPN in your armory. Thus, you can play online games of your choice from anywhere after bypassing online restrictions accordingly. This way, you can play against all kinds of players as per your own needs.
Access streaming services content
You can unblock and access to your favorite geo-restricted content of different services that includes Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and others.
VPN for Xbox One on Reddit
A glimpse at Xbox One subreddit shows that gamers are actively seeking VPN services for Xbox One. Mostly, users have shown concern over setting up a VPN for their Xbox One. Although Xbox One does not directly support VPN services, it is possible to share a VPN protected Internet with a PC on your Xbox One.
Wrapping Things Up
The online gaming industry is expanding at a rapid pace with more users joining the community every day. In order to enjoy online gaming at its fullest and avoid lags, you need the service of best VPN for Xbox One.
We hope this guide will help you choose the right VPN. Leave a comment below if there’s something you would like to share regarding online gaming through a Xbox One VPN.