How to Cancel CyberGhost Subscription & Get a Refund in 2021
CyberGhost offers two kinds of refund policies in the shape of 14 days and 45 days. If you have subscribed to its monthly plan, you can claim the refund within 14 days after subscribing.
Similarly, you can avail of the refund within 45 days if you have subscribed to CyberGhost’s yearly and other longer plans. You may also try and fix CyberGhost first before canceling the subscription. But if you are fed up, then you shouldn’t waste one second longer and cancel the subscription so you may still be able to claim the refund in time.
There are other VPNs in the market like ExpressVPN that you can try out once you discontinue using CyberGhost. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee even for its cryptocurrency payments which is something not all VPNs offer. It also offers 3-months completely free with its 12 months plan.
In this guide, I will let you know how you can get a refund from CyberGhost without any hassle.
Without further ado, let’s begin!
CyberGhost Account Cancellation & Refund Processing – Step-by-Step
Cancelling CyberGhost, like most other providers, requires a few steps. The following step-by-step instructions are accompanied by images to help you better understand how you can cancel your account:
How to cancel CyberGhost VPN subscription by Email?
For faster processing, I recommend users request their refund through the live chat support of CyberGhost. However, it is also possible to claim your refund by emailing your request to the support team if you don’t prefer live chat communication or if it’s not working for any reason. Here’s how you can claim the refund through CyberGhost email support:
- Follow the steps described above to deactivate the auto-renewal of your CyberGhost subscription.
- After successfully turning off auto-renewal, open your email account associated with CyberGhost and compose a new email.
- In the subject line mention “Refund request” or something similar and simply ask for your refund in the body of the email.
- Send the email to [email protected].
You should receive a reply within 24 hours and will be given the same timeline for your refund to be processed i.e 5 to 10 working days.
How to Cancel CyberGhost Subscription Through Google Play
If you purchased your CyberGhost account through Google Play, you won’t be able to cancel directly from CyberGhost’s official website. Follow these steps to cancel CyberGhost on Android
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Tap the Hamburger button then click “Subscription“.
- Click the CyberGhost icon and tap cancel subscription.
How can I cancel the CyberGhost subscription on iOS?
Subscriptions purchased through App Store for iOS devices can only be canceled through the same. Follow the steps below to cancel CyberGhost through iPhone or iPad:
Note: You will need to request your refund by contacting the Apple support team and you will have to abide by Apple’s refund policies too.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling CyberGhost
CyberGhost might not live up to the expectations of everyone. Still, it is only fair to mention strengths for an unbiased treatment of the VPN. Here are some notable features and characteristics of CyberGhost:
- Netflix unblocking: CyberGhost can unblock several Netflix regions including the US like ExpressVPN. There are dedicated streaming servers in CyberGhost’s network that are optimized for Netflix streaming. These can be accessed from the server selection menu.
- Great speeds: In our latest CyberGhost speed tests, the VPN performed admirably reaching as high as 73 Mbps when connected to a US server. But ExpressVPN is still our fastest VPN service.
- Access torrents safely: CyberGhost supports torrenting on specific servers that are optimized for fast and safe downloads. With a good logging policy, jurisdiction, and security features, CyberGhost is pretty safe for tasks like p2p filesharing.
- Cross-platform compatibility: Other than smartphones and desktops, you can install CyberGhost on Firestick, or use it with Kodi and even Roku.
If you’re quitting CyberGhost because it’s glitching for any reason, you can try fixing it. Our guide on troubleshooting CyberGhost provides some useful tips to resolve common issues. It’s also useful to get the CyberGhost free trial before purchasing a year-long subscription to see if the VPN proves satisfactory for your needs.
What should I do after canceling my CyberGhost subscription?
Despite terminating your CyberGhost subscription, you still need a VPN to protect your crucial personal information online. Therefore, you should go through our best VPNs 2021 list to hide your actual whereabouts be its IP address, DNS, and WebRTC data.
I would recommend ExpressVPN based on my personal experience as the British Virgin-based provider delivers a comprehensive list of privacy features that include 3000+ servers, internet kill switch, 5 multi-logins, dedicated IP, Netflix unblocking, 24/7 customer support, and others.
Furthermore, you can use the service in China as it is included in the list of a few VPNs that work in China instantly. ExpressVPN offers a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and a 3-months free subscription with its 12-months plan. You can use all these above-mentioned exciting benefits at once free of cost.
Here is a brief comparison between CyberGhost VPN and ExpressVPN:
|Jurisdiction||Romania||British Virgin Island|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Price||$2.25/mo||$6.67/mo (3 months free)|
|Customer Support||Live Chat, Email & FAQs||Live Chat|
|Netflix Unblocking||Inconsistent||Supported (all the time)|
CyberGhost is a decent VPN service, but not without its flaws. If you are unsatisfied with the VPN, then there’s no need to continue with your subscription. There are a lot of options out there and to CyberGhost’s credit, the company actually does have a legitimate refund policy.
To cancel your subscription while you’re still eligible for the refund. If you want to learn more about this VPN, you can see our detailed CyberGhost review.
Have you tried requesting a refund from CyberGhost in the past? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!