Does CyberGhost Work with Netflix in 2021?
CyberGhost works with several Netflix libraries including US, DE, & FR. This article discusses why it is a decent choice for Netflix fans that want to unblock certain libraries.
Netflix’s geo-restrictions on content libraries have made it super difficult for people to access their favorite shows and movies. We all know that Netflix content is different in every region because of licensing agreements that the streaming giant has to honor.
Thanks to VPNs, however, users have found an easy workaround to bypassing these restrictive barriers that prevent access to their favorite Netflix content.
Unfortunately, there are only a few VPNs that still work reliably for Netflix. CyberGhost is effective for unblocking US Netflix as well as a few other libraries including Germany and France.
How to Use CyberGhost to Unblock Netflix – Quick Guide
1. Subscribe to CyberGhost.
2. Download and install the VPN on your device.
3. Click on the server drop-down to open the full list of servers, then select the “For streaming” tab.
4. Choose a server optimized for the US or any other location as mentioned in the list as per your preference.
5. Log into Netflix and enjoy streaming your favorite Netflix content library!
How Reliable Is CyberGhost for Netflix?
CyberGhost is quite reliable for Netflix. However, its effectiveness depends on the region of Netflix that you are interested in unblocking. For US Netflix, CyberGhost works flawlessly. I used a dedicated streaming server for US Netflix to stream Avengers: Infinity War:
I watched the whole movie without experiencing any interruptions or hiccups, even though my internet that day was working slower than usual.
CyberGhost also works well for French, German, and Korean Netflix. Nonetheless, I didn’t have the same luck when trying to unblock some other regions that CyberGhost has special servers for including the UK and Japan.
Having said that, users that are after US Netflix will find no issues whatsoever when using CyberGhost to watch their favorite shows.
CyberGhost Speed Analysis for Netflix
Unblocking capability is one factor that makes a VPN worth considering for Netflix. The other crucial factor is a VPN’s speed.
In our latest CyberGhost speed test, we found the VPN reaching speeds as high as 73.41 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. For US servers (which you’d most likely be using for Netflix access), CyberGhost was fast enough to support Ultra HD quality streaming:
This is a fine caliber of performance, just the kind you would expect from a VPN that calls itself well-optimized for Netflix.
Other Benefits of CyberGhost
CyberGhost is a fairly strong VPN service for more than just Netflix access. Following are some other benefits of CyberGhost:
- Accessing torrents: CyberGhost supports torrents with its p2p-optimized servers. While connected to these servers, users can perform p2p filesharing in a safe and secure manner.
- Free trial & refunds: New users can take advantage of CyberGhost free trial to test the service out before purchasing a yearlong subscription. The longer subscriptions also offer a 45-day money-back guarantee if you cancel CyberGhost within this time period. These free trial features are getting very common these days as they are one of the best ways to reduce the organization churn rate. Other popular VPN providers such as TunnelBear are offering comprehensive free trial accounts so that its users can fully test the service before making the premium purchase. See what other factors CyberGhost and TunnelBear share common among themselves in our CyberGhost and TunnelBear comparison.
- Cross-platform compatibility: With support for 7 simultaneous connections, you can install CyberGhost on Firestick, Roku, and Kodi alongside the usual desktop and smartphones.
CyberGhost Not Working with Netflix? Try These Fixes
Netflix Proxy Error
When Netflix detects your VPN provider, then it blocks your IP and henceforth it results in a Proxy error.
The best solution in this regard would be to ask for dedicated IP as such you will not have to encounter a proxy error. Remember ‘Shared IPs’ are more vulnerable to this problem. That’s why having dedicated IPs that are only assigned to you is the one-size-fits-all formula in this situation.
Failed Connection to Servers
If you are failed in connecting to the Netflix servers of a particular country, then it could be due to a variety of reasons, but few important ones are written below
1 – Account Problems
- Error in Credentials
- Use of Special Characters in the password
2 – Server Downtime
3 – No internet connection while connecting to CyberGhost
4 – Antivirus software or Firewall could be blocking CyberGhost from streaming Netflix
To fix this error, you need to ensure that you’re connected to the internet and CyberGhost simultaneously. Turn off or disable Antivirus software or Firewall.
If you still haven’t been able to figure out what the problem is, these CyberGhost troubleshooting tips might help.
CyberGhost Netflix Alternatives
CyberGhost with Netflix works magic when you’re deprived of the Movies and TV shows which you can get at the local Netflix library. It has shown a strong ability to work with US Netflix as well as FR and DE versions of Netflix. However, for other libraries, it might not be too effective.
For more information about this VPN, see the CyberGhost review.
Do you use CyberGhost for unblocking Netflix? We’d love to hear your thoughts on this. Leave a comment below and share your experience with us.