How to Cancel Surfshark Subscription & Get Refund
There is no way for users to directly cancel Surfshark subscription through account settings. Learn how you can end subscription and delete Surfshark account, along with your information, permanently in this guide.
Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs out there that offers premium-quality features. Like most top-of-the-line providers, it offers a 30 days money back guarantee to its subscribers.
Although there are a lot of benefits to using this VPN, no product is perfect enough to satisfy every customer out there. So, if you happen to be one of the unsatisfied Surfshark customers, you can cancel Surfshark subscription and claim your refund.
In this guide, I’m going to break down the whole cancellation process into steps so you can proceed to end your Surfshark subscription and receive the refund in your account right away.
Canceling Surfshark – how to get a refund
- Go to the official site of Surfshark.
- Contact the customer support team through live chat and tell them you want to cancel recurring payments.
- You can also make this request through email on this address [email protected]
- If it’s been less than 30 days since you purchased the subscription, ask for a refund along with your cancellation request.
- They will approve your request after asking you the reasons for the cancellation and give you an estimate as to when you should receive the refund back in your account.
- Next, we recommend you to secure yourself again by choosing the best alternative to Surfshark.
Remember that the refund is only applicable if you make the request within 30 days of subscription. So, you need to act fast if you’ve just purchased Surfshark and are not happy with the service for any reason.
How to Delete Surfshark Account
Although Surfshark is a no-logs VPN service, it still keeps some information about you in order to process payments, provide support, and ensure the proper functionality of its service.
They hold onto this information after you cancel your subscription so that – should you change your mind in the future – your account can be promptly reactivated.
Therefore, if you want to permanently delete the Surfshark account and all your information from their records, contact the team at [email protected] and request permanent deletion.
They will comply with the request unless they have a very good legal reason not to, and they will communicate the reasons to you.
For reasons related to privacy, I recommend ensuring that your account is deleted if you are no longer interested in using Surfshark. The fewer details companies have about you the better.
How to cancel Surfshark VPN subscription on Android?
If you purchased your Surfshark subscription through the Play Store rather than directly getting it from Surfshark, the subscription cancellation process works a little differently.
You can follow these simple steps to cancel your Surfshark VPN subscription from Google Play Store:
- Go to Google Play Store
- After signing in to your Google account, click “My subscriptions”
- Choose the Surfshark subscription you want to cancel
- Tap the “Manage” option and then select “Cancel Subscription”
Congrats! you have successfully cancelled your Surfshark subscription.
For more recommendations for your phone, see this article on VPNs for Android devices.
How to unsubscribe from Surfshark on iOS?
If you got your Surfshark subscription through iTunes/App Stores, you will need to follow these steps on your iOS device to cancel the subscription:
- Go to the “Settings menu”, tap your name then tap on “Subscription” again
- Now tap on Surfshark subscription
- Finally, select “Cancel Subscription” to cancel your Surfshark account
If you need recommendations for your phone, see this article on VPNs for iOS for more options.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling Surfshark
Surfshark might not work for everyone. Nonetheless, in order to give this provider a fair chance, it is important to consider the full range of benefits of Surfshark in a quick glance:
- Access Netflix: Surfshark is an excellent choice when it comes to Netflix. It unblocks US Netflix with a high degree of reliability and is one of the only VPNs remaining that are able to sidestep Netflix’s geo-restrictive barriers. You can access multiple Netflix libraries with Surfshark.
- Safe torrenting: Surfshark offers a good number of p2p compatible servers. These servers enable you to safely download torrents at fast speeds while keeping your privacy safe with excellent features like kill switch as explained in torrenting with Surfshark guide. Even though Surfshark is not very fast, it performs well enough for a decent torrenting experience.
- Privacy features: As a no-logs VPN provider, Surfshark goes the extra mile in making sure user privacy remains fully protected with powerful features. These include MultiHop, Clean Web, WhiteLister, and more.
- Cross-platform compatibility: Surfshark supports unlimited simultaneous connections. Other than smartphones and desktop, you can also setup Surfshark on Firestick, Kodi, and Roku, and use it on all devices simultaneously with the same account.
You can also try troubleshooting Surfshark if you want to give it one last chance before quitting. Just make sure you don’t wait too long before canceling Surfshark if you really want to because you won’t be eligible for a refund after 30 days of purchase. Alternatively, new users can also get the Surfshark free trial to test the service before purchasing a full subscription.
What should I do after cancelling my subscription on Surfshark?
There are quite a few excellent alternatives to Surfshark as described in detail in the top VPN providers 2020 list. If you want a single recommendation for a VPN that is affordable and offers a high value for money, then PureVPN is a pretty good choice to go with
Once you avail PureVPN subscription, you can safeguard your digital whereabouts on 10 different devices simultaneously. Apart from this, you can get other features in shape of 31 days money back guarantee, dedicated IP, split tunneling, internet kill switch and others at an unbelievable price of $3.33/mo .
For your ease, I have compiled a comparison table covering major attributes of Surfshark and PureVPN both to help you make a right decision about your privacy:
|Jurisdiction||British Virgin Island||Hong Kong|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Speed||27.91 Mbps||26.01 Mbps|
|Server Network||3200+ servers|
|Customer Support||Live chat, email & ticket||Live chat, email & ticket|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than Surfshark and Get Refunded
It is strange that Surfshark doesn’t have a straightforward cancellation procedure like NordVPN does where you can simply cancel recurring payments from your account. Instead, you are required to contact customer support for ending the subscription and request a refund.
At any rate, if you have any questions about canceling or deleting Surfshark that’s still lingering on your mind, feel free to leave it below and I’ll be happy to answer.
You can also see our Surfshark review for more information.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?