The redesigned Samsung Smart TV is a massive improvement over early Smart TV designs. Outfitted with a vivid-brilliant display, eye-catching design, simplified menu, and stunning features, it is a new-age television for entertainment hunters. An integrated web-browser lets you explore any information, movie, TV series, games, and popular videos at your fingertip.
However, all good things come with some limitations, and thus, users face a barrier of geo-restrictions when accessing popular on-demand entertainment services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, 4oD, Fox GO etc. A Samsung Smart TV VPN is the key that can grant you access to blocked services and streams.
Read along to discover the best Smart TV VPN services and learn how to setup VPN on Samsung Smart TV.
Top Smart TV VPN Services 2018
To identify the best Smart TV VPN services, we carried out an experiment and tested various VPN services. Fortunately, we came up with following best Smart TV VPNs that worked flawlessly and performed trouble-free on Sony Bravia, Samsung and LG Smart TVs. By using one of the following Smart TV VPN / Apple TV VPN, you will be able to unlock tons of streaming sites and services from anywhere in the world within seconds. For QNAP users, here is a list of recommended VPNs for QNAP devices.
Have a safe unblocking and streaming experience with following top-ranked Smart TV VPNs:
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 68% Off |
2 Year Deal
| 66% Off |
2 Years Plan
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
| 60% OFF |
| 77% OFF |
2 Years Deal
1. PureVPN- Cheap Yet highly Performing
PureVPN is one of those smart TV VPN services currently providing its services in 141 countries worldwide. It offers fast speeds on all of its servers, making it a great service for accessing blocked streams.
Hence, PureVPN is a top-notch Samsung Smart TV VPN.
- Provides 2,000+ servers in 141 countries
- Offers compatible apps for all leading platforms
- Provides 256-bit military grade encryption to users
- Offers paid trial feature to users
Explore our PureVPN review to know more about the service.
2. NordVPN- has huge Servers List
NordVPN being a Panama based provider is known for its huge server network and strong security features. Its capability to bypass geo-restrictions coupled with fast server speeds makes it a great choice for streaming purposes.
The subscription rates are also quite cheap considering it is one of the leading brands in the VPN industry. Therefore, there is hardly any room for doubt that NordVPN is a superb Samsung Smart TV VPN.
- Offers 4,700 servers in 62 countries
- Provides real time efficient customer support
- Has numerous user-friendly apps for smart TVs and other devices
- Users may anticipate slow streaming speeds at times
Explore our NordVPN review to know more about the service.
3. ExpressVPN- Pricey but extremely effective
ExpressVPN for Smart TV is a service that is decidedly more expensive as compared to other alternatives in the industry. However, it is surely an amazing choice when it comes to unblocking smart TV apps through smart TV VPN on your preferred devices.
The 2,000 servers operating under are distributed in over 94 countries. It is compatible with almost every device and operating system out there, including some Smart TVs. Owing to its consistently fast speeds and an impressive server spread, ExpressVPN is an excellent SmartTV VPN for users that can afford it.
- 2,000+ servers in 94+ countries
- Offers excellent customer support feature
- Provides multi-login benefit to users
- Provider is based at the US
Explore our ExpressVPN review to know more about the service.
4. IPVanish – Offers 10 Multi-logins
IPVanish is a VPN service based in US, powered by 1,000+ servers in over 60 countries. The best feature is that it offers simultaneous connections to up 10 devices. Therefore, with a single account, you can connect your SmartTV, mobile phones, and PCs tso the various servers offered by the brand.
To top it off, it is one of the fastest providers you can avail in the market. As such, IPVanish is a Samsung Smart TV VPN that is truly worth having.
- Offers more than 40,000 IP addreses
- Live customer support available 24/7
- Multi-login feature can support 10 devices simultaneously
- Not the most privacy-friendly since it is based in the US.
5. Ivacy- Compatible with Smart TVs
Ivacy is another top VPN for smart TV Samsung offering different features to its users worldwide. You can secure your online privacy while accessing your desired region-blocked content on your smart TVs instantly.
Explore our Ivacy VPN review to know more about the service.
- Offers 450+ servers in 100+ countries
- Has an excellent customer support feature for users
- Split-tunneling feature
- Users may experience connectivity issues at times
How to Setup VPN on Smart TV
Now, that you are aware of the unblocking feature and privacy benefits of using a VPN, you are all set to setup VPN on Smart TV. However, do note that most VPNs do not support operating systems especially developed for your manufacturer’s SmartTV. So installing a VPN directly on your SmartTV is not possible in most cases.
However, if your SmartTV’s operating system is based on Android, then you can download VPNs simply through the Google Play Store. You can check with your TV manufacturer to see if it is running Android.
To install a VPN on your Android SmartTV, follow these steps below:
- Choose a VPN from our recommended list of VPNs (as these are the best VPNs compatible with Android).
- Search for your preferred VPN in the Google Play Store from your SmartTV
- Download and install the VPN apk file on your TV
- Enter your subscription credentials into the app
- Launch the app, choose your desired server, and enjoy VPN services on SmartTV.
Unfortunately, these steps won’t work if your SmartTV OS is not Android. Nonetheless, you can still share a VPN-protected network with your SmartTV. The first option is to setup a VPN on your router, the second option is to share your VPN connection using your Windows PC or Mac, and the third option is to setup a VPN Wi-Fi hotspot.
Similarly, you can install best VPN for IPTV on your Smart TV devices to continue watching IPTV media content.
Setup VPN for Smart TV Samsung through PC
You can also setup a VPN for Smart TV Samsung by sharing connection with your PC.
- Open your computer and click Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings
- You will find an option called “TAP-Win32 Adaptor V9”here if your VPN is using OpenVPN.
- Select Properties > Sharing Tab by right-clicking on the above option
- Now, check the “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”
- Choose the Ethernet connection you have configured these settings for
- Restart your PC and use Internet on your Samsung Smart TV for endless streaming!
Setup VPN on DD-WRT Router
In my opinion, the most simple method for using a VPN on Samsung Smart TV is through routers. Once you have the service configured, all the devices connected to the router will have VPN connection.
*Note: The VPN setup of router depends on router type and may vary from VPN provider to provider Following VPN setup is for DD-WRT routers.
- Go to Setup then Basic Setup
- From Connection Type drop-down menu select PPTP
- Enter the VPN server address in Gateway (PPTP Server) field
- Enter the username and password
- Make sure to enable Use DHCP
- Check if your VPN providers requires MTU settings from Optional Settings
- Now scroll down to Network Address Server Settings (DHCP)
- From DHCP Type option, select DHCP Server and also hit Enable
- Enter DNS addresses provided by your VPN provider
- Make sure to disable Use DNSMasq for DHCP and DNS
- Now hit Save and Apply Settings to connect to the VPN service
How to Setup Smart DNS on Samsung
Smart DNS is another technology that works in a way somewhat similar to proxies and VPNs. It can effectively give you the pass through restricted sites without much hassle. However, it does not encrypt user traffic, which is why it is much less secure than VPN services. The lack of encryption has the effect of making Smart DNS services faster, at the cost of reduce security.
So, if security is not your priority and fast streams are what you are aiming for, then Smart DNS can be the right choice for you.
To install Smart DNS on your Samsung Smart TV, follow the steps below:
- Press menu on the remote control of your Smart TV
- Navigate to Network
- Select Network Status
- Choose IP settings
- Open DNS Setting and select “Enter Manually”
- Enter the DNS server address provided by your Smart DNS service
- Select OK
- Restart your Smart TV once connection test is completed
Make sure that your Samsung Smart TV’s region matches the services you wish to stream. If you want to watch US-based channels like HBO and Netflix US, you will need to change your TV’s region to USA.
Best UK VPN for Smart TV
Interestingly, you can consider availing some of the best above described UK VPN services for your smart TVs. By doing so, you can unblock different smart TV apps through smart TV VPN in the UK in no time.
Here is the list of smart TV apps you can unblock with smart TV VPN:
- Hulu Plus
- HBO Go
Therefore, you cannot deny the significance of a smart TV UK VPN since it allows you to access different region blocked apps in UK.
Free Download VPN for Smart TV LG, Samsung, and Sony
Beside premium Samsung VPNs, there are some free VPN services available in the market. However, such VPN should never be compared with a paid VPN provider, as many times; free VPN come packed with third-party advertisers that bombard annoying ads in your browser.
Also, privacy concern remains high when using free VPN, due to fact that provider can sell your browsing history to law enforcement agencies. In addition, a number of servers, protocols and other features offered by free VPN are fewer than paid ones.
You can consider reading our detailed best VPN for Samsung guide to secure your Samsung smart TVs straightaway.
VPN has been catering accessibility and privacy needs of netizens’ for years. As Smart TVs become more common, the need for a Samsung Smart TV VPN is increasing to bypass restrictions on online channels. Simply set up a VPN on your TV with one of the methods described above.
I hope this article proved to be of some assistance to you. Share your feedback in the comments section below.