There’s no surprise that Venezuela imposes heavy online censorship and online policing. For locals, accessing social media or prohibited websites is nearly impossible. Even local news outlets like El Pitazo, El Nacional, and many others have been blocked.
According to Freedom House, the country’s internet is not free. With online surveillance in the country constantly increasing, freedom of speech is largely suppressed, and many bloggers, activists, and journalists have no other choice than to turn to the best VPN for Venezuela to avoid being arrested and facing extrajudicial executions in the country.
With such tight control over the internet, you’ll need a reliable VPN to disguise your actual Venezuela IP address and bypass all these restrictions. After thoroughly testing 150+ VPNs, we’ve picked out the best VPN for Venezuela for your convenience. All in all, ExpressVPN is our top recommendation to combat the government’s imposed laws and use the internet freely.
Quick Overview: Best VPN for Venezuela in 2023
Here is a brief overview of the 4 best VPNs for Venezuela for 2023:
- ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Venezuela. Offers 3000+ global servers including 1 server location in Venezuela.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Venezuela. Costs just $2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for Venezuela. Easy-to-use apps are available for all popular OS including Android, iOS, Windows, and more.
- Private Internet Access – Best Torrenting VPN for Venezuela. Offers P2P-optimized 35000+ servers including 22 in Venezuela.
Go through our best VPN for Venezuela – In-Depth Analysis or FAQs to know more
Why do you need a VPN for Venezuela?
You need a VPN for Venezuela because of its powerful surveillance over its citizens. Unless you use a VPN all your activities can be monitored by the ISP and the government. It offers no data privacy laws to keep your data safe because of which you’ll be at risk whenever you visit a website.
On the hand, a VPN will help you protect your privacy. It is a great solution for bypassing internet censorship such as that imposed in Venezuela specifically. It encrypts user connections and allows them to access any website they like without any monitoring by the government. It’ll use a kill switch and also block any sort of data leaks.
Similarly, there are many streaming services that you cannot access in Venezuela. These include Netflix US, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. You can easily access these sites in Venezuela using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
4 Best VPNs for Venezuela (In-Depth Analysis)
To find out the best VPNs for Venezuela, we tested 150+ VPNs on the basis of their servers, security protocols, encryption, logging policies, unblocking capabilities, and more. After filtering out tons of VPNs, here are 4 of our recommended VPNs for Venezuelan users:
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Venezuela
- 3000+ servers across 94 countries, 1 server location in Venezuela
- Encryption protocols: Lightway, AES 256-Bit, OpenVPN, IKEv2
- Simultaneous connections: 5
- Device compatibility: Android, Windows, iOS, Smart TVs, PS4, etc
- Unblocks streaming services: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, NBC, and Disney Plus in Venezuela
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Venezuela as it offers top-notch privacy without compromising on speeds and exceptional unblocking capabilities on geo-restricted sites. With 3000+ servers across 94 countries worldwide and 1 server location in Venezuela.
This VPN’s Venezuelan server will help you access local websites and streaming channels like Globovisión, Venezolana de TV, Telesur TV, Meridiano Televisión, and more easily.
Testing the capabilities of this VPN, we used ExpressVPN’s Venezuela server to unblock teleSUR TV and received successful results.
You can also unblock the most popular streaming services while residing in Venezuela like Netflix, Hulu, CraveTV, Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video with ExpressVPN, and many more.
If you’re primarily into speeds, then ExpressVPN might be perfect for you. On our ExpressVPN speed tests, it offered super-fast speeds. We received a download speed of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection to users.
ExpressVPN is packed with multiple advanced security features like split tunneling, kill switch, AES 256-bit encryption, zero-knowledge DNS, and tons of other features to help you stay anonymous in Venezuela. It also offers an exclusive MediaStreamer feature that lets you bypass geo-restrictions without encrypting your entire connection.
While ExpressVPN ensures that it doesn’t leak your IP, we decided to test it by connecting to an Albanian server. You can see below that the VPN did not leak our actual IP address and location at all:
Since ExpressVPN is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands and is also audited as a no-logs VPN, you don’t need to worry about your digital footprint being observed by ISPs or governments.
In terms of compatibility, ExpressVPN has native apps for iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and others. We didn’t face any issues installing ExpressVPN on Roku, FireStick, PS4, and multiple other devices in Venezuela. Since this VPN allows 5 simultaneous connections, we tested the claim and found it impressive. There was no difference in speeds as we used the same account on different devices in Venezuela.
You may also opt for ExpressVPN’s free trial for users who want to test the service before subscribing to it. If things don’t work out, you can simply cancel your ExpressVPN subscription. In case you run into any issues, feel free to contact ExpressVPN’s live chat support that’s available 24/7.
ExpressVPN is the best option when it comes to streaming, torrenting, or unblocking any website in Venezuela. It’s available at $6.67/mo (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and along with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
You can also read our ExpressVPN Review for more details.
- 1 server location in Venezuela
- Fast-speed servers and unlimited bandwidth for streaming
- Easily unblock Globovisión, teleSUR TV, El Pitazo, and many more
- Strict “zero logs” policy
- Slightly more expensive than other options
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Venezuela
- 3200+ servers across 100+ servers, 1 server location in Venezuela
- Encryption protocols: AES 256-Bit, Shadowsocks, IKEv2, WireGuard, OpenVPN
- Simultaneous Connections: Unlimited
- Device compatibility: Windows, Xbox, Smart TVs, Fire Stick, iOS, Mac, Android, etc
- Unblocks streaming services: Netflix, PeacockTV, CBC, Hulu, Disney+, OxygenTV, HBO Max in Venezuela
Surfshark is one budget-friendly VPN for Venezuela. This VPN comes at a super-affordable price of $2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) along with a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
This VPN offers 3200+ servers across 100+ countries worldwide with 1 server location in Venezuela.
If you live outside the country and want to access some local Venezuelan content like Venezolana de TV, then you can do it easily using Surfshark’s Venezuelan server. We tested various local websites in Venezuela and were able to unblock most of them using Surfshark. Here you can see how we used Surfshark’s Venezuela server to access Venezolana de TV.
Similarly, enjoying global content in Venezuela is equally easy by unblocking, Hulu, Amazon Prime, YouTube TV, and HBO Max using Surfshark in seconds.
While this VPN is speedy, it cannot beat ExpressVPN’s super-fast connection. On our Surfshark speed test, we received a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on our 100 Mbps internet connection.
Despite being super affordable, Surfshark packs in tons of features and punchy performance. It offers an effective kill switch, AES 256-bit encryption, CleanWeb, Whitelister, no-logging policy, etc. to keep users completely secure while enjoying its services in Venezuela. Surfshark’s Camouflage mode is one of the best features that hide the fact that you’re using a VPN. Making use of its obfuscation technology, you can use a VPN in countries with the most restrictive laws, just like Venezuela.
Furthermore, it also doesn’t leak user IP. We confirmed that by connecting to its US – Illinois server and conducting a test:
In case, you didn’t know Surfshark has its headquarters in the Netherlands. It doesn’t have to abide by any data retention laws strategically. As a result, you don’t have to worry about your user data being stored or misused.
The best thing about Surfshark is that it offers unlimited simultaneous connections to users and offers compatibility with iOS, Android, macOS, and Windows. Based on our experience, you should face no issues installing Surfshark on FireStick, Smart TVs, or gaming consoles in the country.
If you get cold feet, a 30-day money-back guarantee also covers you. Plus, you can take advantage of Surfshark’s 7-day free trial as a mobile user as well. If the VPN is not what you expected, you can cancel your Surfshark subscription and get a refund.
This VPN is ideal if your budget is low. Even with a low price, Surfshark doesn’t compromise on its quality at all and lets you share your account with all your friends and family. Surfshark’s 24/7 live chat support and online blogs are readily accessible for troubleshooting guides and connection concerns.
You can read our Surfshark review for more details.
- Enjoy Venezuelan content at an affordable price
- Unblocks Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer
- Unlimited multi logins
- 24/7 live chat option
- Switching to a different server takes a little time
- A limited number of P2P servers
3. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for Venezuela
- 9700+ servers across 91 countries and 14 servers in Caracas, Venezuela
- Encryption protocols: OpenVPN, AES 256-Bit encryption
- Simultaneous connections: 7
- Device compatibility: iOS, Roku, Smart TVs, Mac, FireStick, Windows, PS4
- Unblocks streaming services: Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, CBC, Disney+, and YouTube TV in Venezuela
CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN for Venezuela, offering servers with dedicated functionalities like streaming and torrenting. This VPN also offers easy-to-use apps for all popular devices including macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, FireStick, Roku, Kodi, PS4, Xbox, Linux, router, etc. It also offers 7 multi-logins for users to enjoy its service on more than a single device.
We were able to install CyberGhost on Kodi, Roku, FireStick, and multiple devices with ease. Despite using all the devices simultaneously, there was no significant change in speeds across all devices within Venezuela.
Not only does CyberGhost offer over 9700+ servers across 91 countries worldwide, but 14 servers in Caracas, Venezuela alone that will let you access the local content easily.
CyberGhost is a Venezuela VPN through which you can enjoy all regional content of the country like Telesur TV and Globovisión if you’re a Venezuelan living outside the country. Using ExpressVPN’s best Venezuela VPN server, we unblocked teleSUR TV with ease:
Similarly, you can unblock Hulu, Amazon Prime, NBC, Disney+ Hotstar, and other geo-restricted streaming services within Venezuela if you’re bored of the local Venezuelan content. Using CyberGhost for US Netflix, we enjoyed plenty of shows from Venezuela.
On our CyberGhost speed tests, we received a download speed of 75.47 Mbps, and a 69.34 Mbps upload speed. Such speeds are commendable for streaming and torrenting.
You get multiple security features with this VPN like AES 256-bit encryption, OpenVPN protocols, kill switch, split tunneling, DNS leak protection, zero-logs, and more. Using CyberGhost, you can keep yourself safe while using public WiFi as they’re a breeding ground for hackers and snoopers in Venezuela.
We tested this VPN’s DNS leak feature by connecting to Japan – Tokyo server and the VPN did not leak our IP at all as you can see the results in the screenshot below:
For your information, CyberGhost’s based in Romania which is not a part of the 5 Eyes Alliance. So the VPN isn’t bound by any data retention laws. You can also test this VPN by using CyberGhost’s free trial for mobile users.
Best of all, even with premium VPN features, CyberGhost is very reasonably priced. You can get their cheapest plan for as low as $2.03/mo . And who can forget about their amazing 45-day money-back guarantee?
You can read our CyberGhost review for more details.
- Large server network within Venezuela
- Lag-free streaming of Venezuelan TV with its high-speed servers
- Encrypts your data and follows a strict no-logs policy
- Live chat help 24 hours a day
- Occasional speed fluctuation
- Does not work in China
4. Private Internet Access – Best Torrenting VPN for Venezuela
- 35000+ servers in 84 countries, 22 servers in Venezuela
- Encryption protocols: AES 256-Bit & OpenVPN
- Simultaneous connections: 10
- Device compatibility: Smart TVs, iOS, Android, Kodi, Windows, Fire Stick, Mac, PS4
- Unblocks streaming services: Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Hulu, NBC, and YouTube TV in Venezuela
PIA is the best torrenting VPN for Venezuela as offers great torrenting speeds along with port forwarding and SOCKS5 support. It also offers 35000+ P2P-optimized servers in 84 countries worldwide including 22 in Venezuela, you can easily access any torrent website without a problem.
This VPN is also a reliable option for streaming. If you’re trying to access the local Venezuelan content from outside the country, then you can use its 22 Venezuelan servers to enjoy Meridiano Televisión easily. With PIA, you don’t have to face any issues of buffering or lags.
In the same way, if you’re a tourist visiting Venezuela, then any worldwide server will do the trick of unblocking US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, CraveTV, and more in the country.
In terms of PIA speed tests, we received a download speed of 65.78 Mbps and an upload speed of 57.16 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection, which is just fine for torrenting.
A few advanced security features that PIA offers are an automatic kill switch, no-logs, DNS leak protection, port forwarding, and split tunneling. Putting its DNS leak feature to test by connecting to its US – California server. As you can see in the screenshot below, it didn’t reveal our actual IP address:
One of the red flags we found with PIA is that it’s based in the United States, which means your data may or may not be logged. Even if the VPN states otherwise.
It also offers compatibility with iOS, Android, Windows, and more, making torrenting super-easy. Setting up PIA on FireStick, Kodi, and even on routers in Venezuela is not an issue either.
This fantastic torrenting VPN only costs $2.03/mo and comes with a solid 30-day money-back guarantee and 10 multi-logins.
You can read our PIA VPN Review for more details.
- A built-in feature called MACE blocks ads
- Advanced protocols to route your traffic securely in Venezuela
- Supports torrenting traffic
- 10 simultaneous connections
- The provider is registered in the US, an unsafe jurisdiction
- Not suitable to use in countries like China
- UI issues
Testing Methodology: How we tested the best VPN for Venezuela
To figure out the best VPNs for Venezuela, we tested 150+ VPNs on a set benchmark. The following 5 factors were taken into consideration while testing these VPNs:
- Servers: We wanted the best VPNs for Venezuela to have an extensive server network that is compatible with streaming, torrenting, and protecting users online. Therefore, all the VPNs listed above offer thousands of servers in the world so VPNs like ExpressVPN also offer a Venezuelan server so users outside can access geo-restricted Venezuelan content.
- Security features: VPNs are known for their privacy and security, and offer multiple features to protect users online. All the VPNs above offer features like a kill switch, DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, and more for users to remain secure.
- Ability to bypass geo-restrictions: One of the top advantages of using a VPN is being able to access geo-restricted services from across the world. All the VPNs we listed above can be used to bypass geo-restrictions to access websites and streaming services such as US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Simultaneous connections: All premium VPNs offer multiple simultaneous connections on a single subscription. This ranges from a minimum of five multi-logins to unlimited. VPNs like Surfshark offer unlimited simultaneous connections that users can easily share with their family and friends.
- Logging policies: Even though many VPNs claim that they do not collect any user logs, they fail to stick to their claims and collect user data to sell it to third parties. We thoroughly read the logging policies of all the VPNs above just to ensure that they do not collect any user logs. VPNs like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPNoffer strict zero-logging policies for users that ensure that they do not collect any user logs.
Quick Comparison Table: Best VPN for Venezuela 2023
Here’s a quick comparison of the best VPN for Venezuela along with three alternatives you can opt for:
|Jurisdiction||The British Virgin Islands||The Netherlands||Romania||United States|
|Worldwide Servers||3000+ servers in 94 countries||3200+ servers in 100 countries||9700+ servers in 91 countries||35000+ servers in 84 countries|
|Servers in Venezuela||1 server location in Venezuela||1 server location in Venezuela||14 servers in Venezuela||22 servers in Venezuela|
|Avg. Speed||89.42 Mbps||81.32 Mbps||75.47 Mbps||65.78 Mbps|
|Streaming||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and More|
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, routers|
|Best For||Overall Best VPN||Budget-friendly VPN||User-friendly VPN||Torrenting VPN|
|Pricing||$6.67/mo (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)||$2.05/mo (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||$2.03/mo||$2.03/mo|
Verdict: Which VPN is Best for Venezuela?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Venezuela. It offers 3000+ servers across 94 countries including Venezuela. Enjoy bypassing geo-restrictions and accessing geo-blocked sites and apps like Meridiano Televisión or teleSUR TV. Thanks to its top-notch security features, this VPN keeps you completely protected over the internet through an effective kill switch, DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, and more.
How do I use a VPN in Venezuela? [Quick Steps]
You can use a VPN in Venezuela by following the steps given below:
- Get a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a Venezuelan server.
- Start browsing geo-restricted Venezuelan websites!
Can I use a free VPN in Venezuela?
Yes, you can, but we don’t recommend using a free VPN in Venezuela at all. As mentioned before, there are certain internet restrictions within the country. But apart from that finding a free VPN that offers Venezuelan servers is a bit hard. Most of the time, you’d be required to get a paid subscription if you want to utilize any free VPN’s Venezuelan servers.
Apart from that, free VPNs lack the security features needed to keep you safe nor do they abide by a no-logs policy. They may often sell your data and information to third parties. Similarly, most free VPNs limit access to servers, which then leads to extremely slow speeds making the VPN useless.
That’s why you’re better off with a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
VPN Guides for Other Countries
Follow our best VPN guides for many other countries:
- Best VPN for Mexico
- Best VPN for Ecuador
- Best VPN for Columbia
- Best VPN for Peru
- Best VPN for Cuba
- Best VPN for Hong Kong
FAQs – Best VPN for Venezuela
Which VPN has Venezuela servers?
ExpressVPN offers 1 server location in Venezuela. Based on our testing and research, we found out ExpressVPN performed the best in Venezuela. It could even bypass geo-restrictions for Netflix Venezuela. Since the VPN offers exceptional security features you can browse local and international content without any worries about being surveilled.
While not every VPN offers a Venezuelan server, ExpressVPN does that so you can enjoy accessing Venezuelan TV.
Can you use a VPN in Venezuela?
Yes, it’s completely legal to use a VPN to get a Venezuelan IP address. Given there are some internet restrictions within the country, it may be hard for you to access geo-restricted sites as an ex-pat or if you’re traveling abroad. However, you ought to use a trustworthy VPN like ExpressVPN to have your back so your activities cannot be detected across the web by ISPs or the government.
Are VPNs legal in Venezuela?
Yes, VPNs are legal in Venezuela. There are no specific laws in the country that forbid the use of a VPN in the country. Sure there have been crackdowns on rights to free speech and internet freedom, however, VPNs are still used in Venezuela to this day.
We’d suggest that you use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN so that you don’t face any IP & DNS leaks. Through ExpressVPN, you can stay anonymous at all times without getting detected by the ISPs or the government.
Which VPN is best for streaming in Venezuela?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming in Venezuela. Although it is a bit pricey compared to other VPN providers, however, you can avail its yearly plan which costs just US$6.67 with three months free. In this way, you get to save 49%!
Using ExpressVPN servers Venezuelan users can enjoy US Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney+, etc. Users outside the country can also access Venezuelan TV using a Venezuelan server of ExpressVPN.
Venezuela has one of the strictest internet laws in the world. There is barely any speech freedom and multiple popular sites are blocked in the country.
Considering the horrible condition of Venezuela’s cyberspace, a VPN has become an absolute necessity. Whether you just want to access your banking information or want to bypass geo-blocks, you’ll definitely need the best VPN for Venezuela.
ExpressVPN is the best and safest option to use in Venezuela. This all-rounder VPN offers effective security features so users can protect their online activities from the government’s monitoring. It also lets users access websites that are blocked in Venezuela safely.
Hi Usman, a very useful article for sure. Reviewing Pure VPN’s server list, I can see that their servers in Venezuela are “Virtual”. (Actually, they are virtual in all South American countries). Are there any drawbacks of using Virtual Servers instead of Physical Servers?? By the way, I would use the VPN backwards (to connect to some Venezuelan Banking Websites from Europe – the Gov. has censored internet banking access from outside Venezuela). Thanks for your time & best regards.
Theoretically speaking, virtual servers deliver lesser quality of performance than physical ones. However, this holds true when you’re making a one-on-one comparison. PureVPN has a good number of physical servers all over the world. As such, with so many bare and metal servers operating, the VMs in the network will have no noticeable difference in performance.
In short, it comes down to the server infrastructure. A good infrastructure will maintain performance irrespective of the nature of any individual server. So, you should be fine using Venezuelan virtual servers for your banking concerns.
Hope this helps!