How to Install ExpressVPN on LG TV?
Sadly, you cannot install ExpressVPN on LG TV directly. Instead, you will be either required to install ExpressVPN on your physical or virtual router to enjoy its services on LG TV or install ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) service on the LG TV.
If you’re looking for a premium service to cater to your security needs and keep your identity hidden from your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the government, and the entire world, you need to use ExpressVPN.
LG is one premium electronics and Smart TV brand. Two premium services together can bring you the best possible combo.
ExpressVPN is the Best VPN to use on most of your devices for complete encryption and security. With over 3000 servers worldwide, one can easily connect to any of them and stream all services restricted in its country.
Before you purchase ExpressVPN, check out our ExpressVPN review.
Can you install ExpressVPN on LG TV?
You cannot install ExpressVPN on LG TV directly. Instead, you need to install the VPN on your physical router. But there’s a catch to this too. Not every router is compatible with ExpressVPN, or any VPN for that matter. In this case, create a virtual router on your PC.
Although this is one of the top VPN services that are compatible with many devices and can easily use ExpressVPN with Fire Stick, this VPN was mainly designed for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. But that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t work well with other devices. ExpressVPN works excellent with all devices. It’s one of the best VPNs for LG TV for a reason.
Why is ExpressVPN Good For LG TV?
ExpressVPN is loaded with the best security features a VPN could offer for LG TV. These features make ExpressVPN the best one to exist in the world.
ExpressVPN offers an impressive average speed of over 80 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection. We confirmed this through various ExpressVPN server speed tests. ExpressVPN is also torrent-friendly. You can also download torrents with complete anonymity using ExpressVPN’s P2P-optimized servers.
Thanks to ExpressVPN’s 3000+ servers, you can unlock any streaming service you like. If not, then streaming the geo-restricted library of Netflix with ExpressVPN is always a good option.
Don’t worry. This VPN does not leak your IP. If your VPN connection ever drops, then your wi-fi will automatically disconnect using ExpressVPN’s kill switch.
This VPN offers various subscription plans, although ExpressVPN’s lifetime plan isn’t available anymore. You can also go for ExpressVPN free trial if you’re still unsure that you need a VPN or get the VPN and cancel your ExpressVPN subscription once you’re sure you won’t need it anymore, which is never the case, by the way.
How do I set up a VPN on my router?
First, you need to check whether your router is compatible with ExpressVPN or not. Check out ExpressVPN’s list of compatible routers for this. Once you’re done, follow this guide to install ExpressVPN on your router.
We’re using Linksys WRT3200ACM for our guide.
1. Log in to your ExpressVPN account. Once you’re done, go to ‘Set up More Devices’ present on the dashboard. You need ExpressVPN’s firmware for your router.
2. Go to Router, select your router from the list, and then click Download Firmware. Use an Ethernet cable to connect your router to your PC. Remember to use the blue port instead of the yellow port. Use USB-C to connect to the Ethernet adapter if you’re using a Mac.
Don’t follow steps 3 and 4 if you’ve already configured your router.
3. You should be connected to the internet. Visit this page to check the boxes that say: I have read… and I want to contribute…. After this, select Manual Configuration. A notification saying “Internet Connection is down” will appear on your screen after the page loads. Click Login.
4. Type Admin while signing in and click Sign In.
5. Click Choose File after clicking connectivity on the Smart wi-fi screen.
6. Press Start after selecting the ExpressVPN firmware that you downloaded before.
7. Click Yes when a notification displays on your screen informing you that you need to reboot your router as it could not recognize the software.
8. Click OK once the firmware is installed, and wait for your router to start rebooting.
9. After this, you will be redirected to the expressvpnrouter.com page.
10. Click Get Started. You will be required to insert your ISP username and password if you know it. If you don’t, mention “My IP has no login.” Click Connect after this.
11. Press Sign In after copying and pasting the account code activation.
12. Configure the details of your wi-fi network. Enter wi-fi name and password and press Continue.
13. After this, set the Admin Password of the router. This will then be used to access ExpressVPN’s router dashboard. Click Done after this.
Once you’re done, connect the LG TV to the VPN-enabled wi-fi router and enjoy.
How to install ExpressVPN on Your Virtual Router
This installation guide is only suitable for Windows users. Windows 10 users can skip the initial steps and begin from step 7.
1. Type Windows + S. then input cmd once the search bar is out. Choose Command Prompt > Run as administrator.
2. Copy netsch wlan show drivers in the command prompt and click Enter.
3. If your PC shows a message that says Hosted Network Supported: Yes, your computer’s network adapter is ready to create a virtual router.
4. Copy netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD and paste it in the command prompt. Remember to type in a name and password of your choice instead of NETWORKNAME and PASSWORD. Once you’re done, you will see messages like:
The hosted network mode has been set to allow.
The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
The user key passphrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.
5. Copy this message netsh wlan start hostednetwork and paste it into your virtual router. Click Enter after this. Once your virtual router starts, you will see a message saying The hosted network started.
6. Visit Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot to share your VPN through your Mobile Hotspot.
7. Choose Network & Internet in Settings and go to Change Adapter Options. Choose ExpressVPN Tap Adapter and press Properties.
8. Go to the Sharing window. Tick the box beside Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. Select the hotspot you created and click OK.
Windows 10 users can skip the rest of the steps and jump straight to step 13.
9. Click Windows Logo Key + R or the Start button to open the run prompt and share your virtual router. Type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
10. Your new wi-fi connection must be visible in the Network connection window, displaying the SSID name you assigned to it.
11. Right-click on the connection that says ExpressVPN Tap Adapter and press Properties.
12. Go to Sharing and select the option next to it to Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection. Select your virtual router under Home Networking Connection in the menu. Click OK.
13. Once you’re done, launch the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server via the OpenVPN protocol. Connect it to your LG TV, and you’re done.
How to Set up DNS on LG TV
Follow this tutorial to set up ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer on your LG TV:
First, get your DDNS hostname.
It would be best if you got the DDNS hostname. This hostname would allow ExpressVPN to recognize your device immediately.
1. Visit Dynu’s website and click Create Account. You will receive an account verification email. Click the link in the email to verify yourself.
2. Once you’re done, log in to the Dynu website and choose DDNS Services.
3. Click on +Add and add a DDNS Service.
4. Enter a hostname you want in Option 1 and click +Add if you don’t previously have a hostname. If you already have it, then enter your domain name in Option 2 and click +Add.
5. Once you’re done, you will see your desired hostname and current IP address. Keep the settings in the middle turned off and press Save. Keep the email notifications ON if you want to receive emails from Dynu.
Next, register the hostname to ExpressVPN:
1. Use your email address and password to sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
2. Choose DNS on the left.
3. Enter your desired hostname under Dynamic DNS Registration and click Save Hostname. You will find your hostname updated once you’re done.
Then, find the MediaStreamer server address.
Once you’ve registered your DDNS hostname, you can configure your ExpressVPN server address on your LG TV.
1. Sign in to your ExpressVPN account.
2. Choose Set Up ExpressVPN and visit the MediaStreamer section. You will find all ExpressVPN MediaStreamer addresses listed there.
Final step: configure MediaStreamer on your LG TV:
1. Go to Settings > Advanced > Network. Choose Wired Connection or Wi-fi connection from there.
2. Click Edit and uncheck the Set Automatically box.
3. Insert the MediaStreamer address in the DNS section and press Connect. Once you’re done, reboot your device.
Why is ExpressVPN not working on LG TV?
When you try to install ExpressVPN on LG TV. Your app might cause some errors sometimes. Use our ExpressVPN not working guide to solve this problem, or follow the steps below:
1. Refresh your wi-fi network:
One of the primary reasons why your ExpressVPN app may not be working might be due to a bad internet connection. Please refresh your wi-fi network if that’s the case, and try connecting it again.
2. Check your VPN server:
If your internet connection isn’t the problem, then your VPN server might be. Servers often tend to disconnect when there is a traffic overload. Try disconnecting from that server and connecting to another one.
So concluding this how to install ExpressVPN on LG TV review. ExpressVPN is the best VPN for your LG TV. With its top-notch service and powerful features, it’s hands down the best one to use on all your devices. The installation process might look slightly confusing to you and may require patience, but once you’re done, you’re free to use the best service on not just your LG TV but most devices.