Why would you need to jailbreak your iPhone when you can easily download the new Kodi 18 Leia version the safer way?
The open-source free streaming platform ‘Kodi’ can now be installed on iPhone, iPad & all of iOS devices without the jailbreak process.
With Kodi, you can stream Movies, TV Shows, Live IPTV, and Live Sports with the help best Kodi addons
App Store has removed Kodi from their app store and its no soon that they will re-publish Kodi app.
That is why, here I will discuss how to install Kodi 18.1 for iOS (iPhone & iPad) with 3 different methods.
Before you begin installing Kodi for iOS, make sure that you have a best VPN for Kodi Box installed as well. This way, you can access unlimited geo-restricted channels on Kodi. Even you can explore which VPN is best for iOS devices while streaming on Kodi.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is free, yet an open-source software that streams Movies, TV Shows, Live IPTV, and Live Sports.
These streams are available when you install Kodi add-ons (official and third-party add-ons).
Also, you can stream any digital media file available on your system on Kodi app.
Just like Android, any developer can create its own Kodi add-on and market it through social media.
How to Install Kodi for iOS (iPhone & iPad)
There are two common ways on how to download Kodi 18.1 version on iOS. These methods are:
- Cydia Impactor
Method 1: How to Install Kodi 18.1 on iOS (TweakBox)
- Open iPhone/iPad > Visit the website Tweakboxapp on Safari
- Click on the Download button
- Press Allow option if it prompts you whether you need to allow this app
- This will automatically open the Settings menu > Click on Install at the top right corner
- Select Install if it prompts to ask you again
- Open TweakBox app
- Click on the Apps section located at the top inside TweakBox > Select TweakBox app
- Now search for Kodi in the list and click on it
- Click Install Kodi
- Go back to Home Screen > Click on Settings > Then General > Choose Profile & Device Management
- Now click on the text located below Enterprise App. This may be different for each user
- Click on Trust if it asks your permission
- Kodi app will appear on your iPhone/iPad
- Open Kodi > Enjoy!
Method 2: How to Install Kodi for iOS (Cydia Impactor)
Cydia Impactor is an app available for MacOS and Windows. Through Cydia Impactor, you could install those apps on iOS which are not available on the iTunes Store.
This is the easiest of methods that would not require you to jailbreak your device, but at the same time unblock and download any app including Kodi.
Now follow the steps highlighted below:
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to Computer or Mac. If iTunes wizard opens on your system, be sure to close the wizard before you do anything
- Now open Cydia Impactor website provided above and then drag-and-drop the Kod IPA File that you download before beginning with the installation steps.
- Select iOS in the drop-down menu > Then Hit Start
- Since Cydia Impactor is verified with Apple, it will ask for your Apple ID login. If privacy is your concern then create an alternate Apple ID.
- The app will now install. Once completed, go to Settings > Tap on General > Click on Profiles & Device Management > Find your profile and Open it.
- Click on the ‘Trust’ button when it asks you if Kodi app can be trusted on your iPad or iPhone.
- Open Kodi > Hence, Kodi for iOS is downloaded. Enjoy unlimited hours of entertainment.
Things You Need Before Installing Kodi for iOS
Before you proceed with Kodi installation process, there’re a few things that you need to equip with. Below specified tools will ease the overall installation process smoothly. Download these software from the provided link below:
Method 3: How to Install Kodi 18.1 for iOS (Xcode)
- Download Xcode from the specified link above, install and launch the app
- Now, plug in an iOS device into the system through a wired connection
- Click on the link displaying “Create a new Xcode project” and go to Application option at left view selection. Then select Single View Application and proceed by clicking next.
- Next, enter a name for the app for e.g. Kodi. Then type a unique name in the organization identifier field and continue with the app creation process
- Choose the desired platform for Kodi installation. For instance, Kodi for iOS, Kodi for iPhone & Kodi for iPad. (by selecting Universal, you can use the app for multiple iOS devices)
- Now pick the finder location for Git repository that was downloaded earlier. Once the selection is made, don’t let Xcode access the contacts
- Now you will see a message showing “no code signing identities found”. Click on Add button and then sign up using Apple ID
- Next, choose a development team and proceed
- Access App signer, select the file that was saved while unzipping the file on desktop. From the input file field, select Kodi deb file which was downloaded earlier.
- All fields will be automatically filled up. Proceed until you see your Apple ID details. Then enter your Application ID and other required information.
- Now, hit the start button to initialize the signing function. When asked, save as the field and go through the installation process
- App Signer will then unpack data while saving the file. Afterward, press Done
- Launch Xcode, click on Window button and select Devices
- Now you will be able to see the device with its detail. Click on it and hit + sign at the bottom-right section of the page
- You will be asked to choose a file. Select the file that was saved by App Signer earlier. Continue by pressing Open and wait for few seconds till Kodi is installed. Afterward, Kodi will be visible in installed apps
- Finally, unplug the iOS device. Launch Kodi and ignore any error message is displayed.
Upon successful installation, you will be able to access Kodi hassle free on your iOS device.
You should always be careful while streaming videos on Kodi, as this may reveal your online identity. Always protect your privacy with top VPN for iOS.
If you haven’t already got a VPN installed, then here is the guide explaining how to setup VPN on iPhone.
Kodi on Various Platforms other than iPhone / iOS
Kodi is available on various platforms other than iOS, they are listed below:
- Kodi on Android
- Kodi on Mac
- Kodi on Windows
- Kodi on Apple TV
- Kodi on Raspberry Pi
- Kodi on Roku
- Kodi on Firestick
- Kodi on Xbox One
- Kodi on Chromebook
- Kodi on Smart TV
There’s always a newer version of Kodi that you need to install on iOS devices. This time, we have Kodi 18.1 version available on iOS.
Therefore, download and install Kodi for iOS (iPhone & iPad) without Jailbreak method.
We have covered three methods i.e. TweakBox, Cydia Impactor, and Xcode.