Award winning on-demand entertainment service KODI or, formerly known as XMBC, is an open source entertainment service to stream live TV, movies, music, pictures and even games. The Kodi platform doesn’t offer pre-stored content and requires the user to add streaming channels on the desktop & mobile apps from local storage or from the internet. In this guide, you can follow the step by step instruction on How to Add Channels on Kodi.
There is however a geo-restriction barrier users face upon accessing various channels on the platform. To instantly bypass the restrictions and watch unlimited blocked content on Best Kodi addons, you can use leading edge KODI VPN services specified in this guide. With a range of top-tier servers located in major parts of the world, the Kodi VPNs for January 2017 provide blazing fast streaming, uninterrupted connection and unmatched entertainment experience.
How to watch Channels on Kodi with a VPN
OpenVPN on Kodi lets you add up to five different VPN server locations and switch between them. Follow these simple steps to setup OpenVPN on Kodi:
- Start Kodi
- Go to SYSTEM>File Manager
- Click on Add Source
- Select None
- Type the following address http://fusion.tvaddons.ag
- Click on done.
- Select the box to enter a name for this media device,and enter name as “fusion”
- Click ok
- Go to Kodi app Home Screen
- Now click on System
- From the pane, Go to Add-ons
- Click on install from zip file
- Click on fusion
- Click on XMBC-repos
- Click on English
- Finally click on metalkettle-x.x.x.zip. And wait till the Add-on enabled pops up.
- Now click on Install from repository or Get Add-Ons on Helix
- Click on MetalKettles Addon Repository
- Go to Program add-ons
- Click on OpenVPN
- Click on Install, and for the Add-on enabled pop up
- Now click on VPN for OpenELEC
- Click on install, and for the Add-on enabled pop up
The required Add-ons are now installed and ready. Finalize the installation by configuring VPN for OpenELEC.
- Click on VPN for OpenELEC
- Click on Launch
- Click on Setup VPN
- Select from the list of VPN providers
- Click on Continue
- Enter your VPN username and password
- Click on ok
- Click on the back arrow at upper left corner
- Click on Configure VPN
- You will see a list of servers. Select the server of your choice
- Wait till the server connects
- Upon successful connection, you will be notified
- Now go back and select check my IP
You will be able to see the masked location of your IP address. Now you are done with the setup of OpenVPN on Kodi. Enjoy restriction-free access to unlimited broadcasting channels on Kodi!
In order to watch popular broadcasting channels using Kodi including iTV, BBC, Fox, Channel 7, 4oD, HBO, ESPN, and hundreds of other international channels (usually geo-restricted) establish the need for a Kodi VPN which you can choose from below.
|1||2.91per month||71% Off |
Limited Time Discount
|Avail this Offer Read Review|
|2||4.00per month||67% Off |
Coupon Code is '50off'
|Visit Site Read Review|
|3||11.95per month||86% OFF |
|Visit Site Read Review|
|4||8.32per month||35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
|Visit Site Read Review|
|5||$4.87per month||60% OFF |
|Visit Site Read Review|
XBMC VPN are the safest option to bypass geo-restriction barriers from streaming channels on Kodi. Although you might be able to access many of the TV channels for free, all US and most UK-based streaming channels (especially live TV) like ESPN and BBC Sport will be blocked, displaying the following message:
So, just how do you get rid of these geo-restrictions?
A Kodi VPN will enable you to evade all geo-restrictions and enjoy unlimited geo-restricted services on Kodi. It will mask your IP address with a foreign IP of your choice (USA, UK, Canada etc.), where the particular channel is available.
You will be able to enjoy restriction-free access to your favorite channels from anywhere in the world. User reviews and Kodi fans suggest deploying the best VPN services for Kodi due to their streaming optimized and P2P supported servers, for high-speed video & music streaming.
How to Watch Rio Olympics 2016 on Kodi
Rio Olympics 2016, one the biggest summer events is just around the corner and you can enjoy all the action live on Kodi. There are different add-ons and streaming channels that you can use to watch Rio Olympics on Kodi. Here are some the top broadcasting channels and add-ons:
- NBC Live
- Money Sports
- BBC 2
- Seven Network
However, these broadcasting channels and add-ons are region specific and you will be blocked from adding them to Kodi if you are not located in the prescribed location. To get around this problem, a Kodi VPN can be really useful. It will help you bypass geo-restrictions, add your favorite channel, and enjoy Rio Olympics live on Kodi from anywhere.
Why Do I Need VPN for Kodi?
To get the most out of Kodi and enjoy limitless streaming you will require a Kodi VPN add-on. It will provide every bit of entertainment that lacks in Kodi. Following are the key benefits of using Kodi VPN:
- Unblocks geo-restricted streaming services including Fox, Channel 7, BBC iPlayer, Hulu Plus, ESPN and hundreds of other global TV channels.
- Evade geo-restrictions placed on shows like HBO’s Game of Thrones, Netflix’s House of Cards, Arrow, NBC Parks & Recreation, Person of Interest etc.
- Evade NSA, GCHQ and Mossad surveillance plus snooping from other state agencies.
- Gain access to P2P & Torrents without getting tracked & receiving copyright notices.
- Stop ISPs from conducting DPI (deep packet inspection) and track your browsing activities.
- Enable installation of blocked add-ons like Netflix XMBC on Kodi.
Kodi VPN Setup
Completing a Kodi VPN setup is a simple 3-steps process. Start Kodi VPN setup by downloading a VPN on your system. Once downloaded, install it and upon successful installation, activate the VPN app and follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Pure VPN app. Click on the settings icon, Go to “Basic” tab and enter your login details including username and password as shown below:
- Go to the Dashboard listed on the left hand menu. Click on Select Location, you will be able to select server of your choice from the dropdown list.
- Choose your relevant server from the server drop down list. Select the US server and click connect.
When you’re successfully connected to a Kodi VPN server, it’s time to enjoy unlimited entertainment previously geo-restricted. Go to the Kodi console, install your favorite channel add-ons and keep streaming. You will be able to access all channel restriction free with premium HD Quality on selected channels and Super-fast speed.
How to Add Channels on Kodi
Like various open source projects, Kodi doesn’t come with a pre-stored channel library. This means that subscribers need to install your Best addons on Kodi by their own. It’s a pretty simple procedure and we have listed it step by step for our dear readers, so they can freely add channels on latest version of Kodi:
- Launch the Kodi player.
- In the main menu, scroll to Videos from left pane. You will be able to see “File”, “Playlists” and “Video add-ons”. Click on Video add-ons button.
- Upon clicking Video add-ons a window with various add-ons will appear.
- Scroll your cursor to lower-left corner of the screen and tap on options icon.
- From the options pane, click on Get more. You will be presented with various broadcasting channels to stream from. Select the channel you wish to add to your library. For instance, I have selected 1Channel.
- In the add-on installation dialogue box click on install.
- The add-on will be downloaded and you will be able to see “tick mark” before channel’s name
- Click on the channel and activate it
- The channel content will now be ready for streaming; we can now proceed by selecting a desired programme from 1Channel
- You are now ready to watch desired media on Kodi. Enjoy!Follow our guide and add your favorite TV channels, video streaming services, music stations, apps and games.
Apart from 1Channel you can watch countless channels on Kodi by installing thousands of add-ons of including ESPN3, Fox News, ET Canada, BBC iPlayer WWW, MTV.de, MTV.it on demand, NFL Game Pass, DisneyChannel and many more. A VPN for KODI will let you circumvent any geo-restrictions instantly and allow you to watch your favorite channels hassle free.
VPN OpenELEC Kodi
The OpenELEC on Kodi allows you to login to VPN accounts from various providers including:
Datho VPN Kodi Add-on
Datho VPN offers a dedicated add-on for Kodi. It unblocks a vast selection of top-quality legal content on Kodi apps. Various popular add-ons are geo-restricted in majority of regions including BBC, iPlayer, iTV, AMC, A&E, ESPN, and many other US broadcasting channels. Moreover, Datho VPN on Kodi gives you access to the exclusive library of streaming services like Netflix US library, HULU, FOX, ESPN and many others in your region.
Datho VPN on Kodi also provides restriction-free access to live events including NFL Game Pass, MLB.TV, NBA International League Pass and NHLGamecenter from geo-restricted regions. You can enjoy unlimited action from the playoffs, season fixtures and live and on-demand games that were previously unavailable for you.
VPN for Kodi Android
Kodi VPN Android offers premium online protection as you bypass restrictions and stream video on Kodi from android devices. While, ISPs are actively monitoring user browsing activities, Kodi VPN makes you anonymous & highly secure over the internet using cutting edge tunneling & encryption.
A wide range of servers add even more versatility to your Kodi VPN service. It allows users to unblock geo-restricted on-demand entertainment services, internet radio, secures online banking and encrypts chats & emails plus includes numerous other advantages. We recommend looking into PureVPN and Total VPN to our readers, rating the former for its server network and the later for its turbo speed streaming servers.
Kodi VPN for Fire TV
Amazon Fire TV users can enjoy unlimited geo-restricted content on Kodi using a Kodi VPN compatible with Amazon Fire TV. You can follow our very easy guide to setup Kodi VPN for Fire TV here. Once you have setup Fire TV Kodi VPN relish restriction-free access to unlimited action, adventure, Live TV, documentaries and sports channels.
Top 3 Best Free VPN for Kodi
If we talk about the free VPN services for Kodi, then there’re some providers who offer decent speed and a range of servers. However, there’re some considerations while choosing a free VPN for Kodi that includes tunneling protocols, number of servers, customer support channels and logging policy. With that said, subscribers should remember that free VPN services under any condition shouldn’t be compared with a full-featured VPN, in terms of speed, stability, reliability & trust worthiness.
We suggest users try the free trial version of above specified best Kodi VPN for a top-notch streaming experience and robust privacy protection. But in case you want an entirely free VPN service, then here’re the top 3 best free VPN for Kodi:
Kodi is the one-stop entertainment solution for unlimited on-demand streaming. The user-friendly interface adds even more appeal to it. However, due to certain geo-restrictions placed on various streaming channels, users are unable to watch their favorite video & music with Kodi. Kodi VPN providers offer premium online privacy & data security to users by evading geo-restrictions instantly.
- Showbox VPN – Explore Unlimited Entertainment with Complete Anonymity - January 17, 2017
- BolehVPN Review 2017: Privacy At Your Finger Tips - January 12, 2017
- 20 Best Kodi Addons *January 2017* for Movies, TV and Sports - January 3, 2017