Amazon FireStick is USB-style cost-effective device where you get access to thousands of Movies, TV Shows, and other media content. For a faster and secure streaming, you require a VPN app for FireStick. You can also stream free media content on FireStick when you have installed Kodi on FireStick. In this guide, we are going to share a list of top 10 VPN providers.
Here you can review, compare and get an idea of the most suitable VPN according to your requirements. We have described the top 10 VPN services with their Pros and Cons and which and why you should choose one.
5 Most Preferred VPNs for FireStick
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
3 Year Deal
2 Years Plan
Limited Time Discount
2+1 Year Deal
10 Best VPNs for Amazon FireStick – with Pros & Cons and Detailed Review
Following is the list of top VPNs you can consider to use on Firestick, for a faster streaming:
- Private Internet Access
PureVPN is preferably the best VPN app for FireStick. If streaming is your preferred option on a FireStick device, the PureVPN works perfectly for streaming. It is fast, reliable, and has the easiest of methods to setup on FireStick as PureVPN app is available in the Utility section of Firestick device. Get to know more about this VPN in PureVPN Review by VPNRanks.com.
- 750+ servers in 140+ countries
- Compatible with 20+ devices
- 5 simultaneous logins
- Fast speed with 256-bit data encryption
- Might face connection problems with selective servers
- Comparatively few servers to other VPN providers
- Ad-blocker only available in Chrome
- Many complaints regarding connection issues
ExpressVPN is one trusted VPN for FireStick and keeps Zero Logs which has also been proved in a recent Russian Ambassador Assassination Case. This app is fastest of all with ultra-internet security. It can also be considered as the 1st generation Fire Stick VPN. View a detailed review of ExpressVPN for more information.
- Blazing fast internet speed
- 1700+ servers in 140+ countries
- Stream anything without restrictions
- 256-bit encryption with offshore privacy protection
- It is not the cheapest option amongst VPN providers
- Only 3 devices with 1 subscription
- Initially have a slow speed but gradually increases
- No free trial, only 30-days money-back guarantee
Online privacy and protection are the basic necessities for any internet user, and NordVPN FireStick helps in offering both. It offers you online freedom to safely browse the internet, including streaming, torrenting, and downloading. We have a detailed guide on NordVPN review so you can learn more about this VPN.
- Strict ‘No Logs’ policy
- 2649 superfast servers around the world
- Double data encryption
- Automatic kill switch
- A bit overpriced when compared to competitors
- Speed can vary depending on the server traffic and selective hours
- Many complaints regarding glitches in performance
- There is no refund policy for Bitcoin subscribers
Ivacy is another good choice for Amazon Fire TV Stick users. It provides a fast and protected VPN for FireStick device. It allows you to download and stream online content with complete freedom. It provides total anonymity and keeps zero logs, meaning you get complete internet freedom. We provided a detailed Ivacy review for your additional learning about this VPN provider.
- Prioritize your data traffic with split-tunneling
- Fastest VPN service with complete online privacy
- IPv6 leak protection
- 5 multi-logins with 275+ servers
- Slow VPN servers in Asian countries
- No free-trial
- Mobile users face difficulties while using the app
- Frequent connection issues
PrivateVPN is without a doubt a fastest growing VPN in the world. It keeps your online activity private, unblock geo-restricted media, and remains undetectable by the ISPs. You get maximum speed for internet browsing with no buffering or long waits. View our full PrivateVPN review and get the most of this VPN.
- Servers available in over 50 countries
- It has a strong OpenVPN encryption
- Bitcoin payment option
- PrivateVPN will not work with Netflix
- Server speeds are inconsistent
- Less features for PrivateVPN for Mac
Betternet has over 38 million users worldwide and it keeps improving with the passage of time. The good thing about Betternet is that it is a free one due to which it has been much successful among Firestick users. However, it also offers a premium version with 7-day free-trial. View our detailed Betternet review for complete information. If you want to look for more free options, check out the best free VpN for Firestick.
- Advert-free streaming and browsing
- 7-day free trial for premium services
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- Also offers a free version
- The free version collects and sells data
- Does not offer kill switch
- Slow VPN connection and speed for free version
- IP and DNS Leaks
Whenever you feel your online privacy in under attack, Windscribe claims to set you free. It keeps your online activity private with strong encryption, manages to block irritating adverts, and lets you stream anything anonymously. It’s a free VPN for FireStick 2017. This service offers 10 GB/month of data. For more information on Windscribe along with its pricing plans, view detailed Windscribe review.
- Servers in over 50 countries and 100 cities
- Strong AES-256 encryption
- Unblock US Netflix from around the world
- Has limited amount of servers
- UK server is very slow
- Does not offer a live chat option
- The free version may sell your data
Alongside PureVPN, IPVanish is also a preferred VPN for FireStick as it can be easily installed from the utility section of the device. It is a user-friendly app that runs for every device. It keeps you protected from all the unwanted interferences that strikes your device. For a more complete IPVanish review, you can learn more about IPVanish.
- VPN servers in 60+ countries
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Available in 5 simultaneous devices
- 24/7 customer support
- Windows and Android app are not fully optimized
- Speed may vary depending upon the server location
- No free-trial available
9. Private Internet Access
With an anonymous IP that you get from Private Internet Access FireStick, it will encrypt your connection and offer internet freedom. You can also pay anonymously with many major brand gift cards such as Wal-Mart, Starbucks, Best Buy, and 100 more. Have a look at our full Private Internet Access review and decide for yourself.
- No VPN traffic logs
- Gigabit VPN port speeds
- Low price for a longer subscription plan
- Speed and protection, both offered
- It has a basic interface
- It is located in the US and follows US privacy laws
- It does not happen to work on Netflix
- Live chat feature is absent
HideMyAss is no doubt a top-rated VPN to use on Amazon Fire Stick that lets you stream various media content on FireStick device. Get your device protected for online browsing with a faster speed possible. It can be used in many devices including gaming consoles. View our detailed HideMyAss review for more information.
- Servers available in over 190+ countries
- 30-days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support
- Available for all devices
- Only 2 devices are connected simultaneously
- Keeps logs
- There is no free-trial version available
- No add-blocking feature
How to Install VPN on FireStick
Method 1: The Easiest Method
Step 1: Launch FireStick Home > Then go to ‘Apps’ located at the top of the screen
Step 2: Now select the Categories section > Then tap on Utility
Step 3: Select PureVPN or any other VPN provider from the table listed above > Hit Download or Get button
Step 4: Once downloaded, select Open > Sign In to the PureVPN app i.e. Username and Password
Step 5: Select VPN Server location > Press Connect > Enjoy Internet Freedom!
Method 2: Installing VPN on FireStick with ES File Explorer
Step 1: Open FireStick device > Click on Settings > Then Device > Select Developer Options
Step 2: Now Turn On Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 3: Roll back to Amazon Fire Stick Main Menu > Click Search option > Type ‘ES File Explorer’
Step 4: Tap on the ES File Explorer icon > Then Hit Install
Step 5: Now launch EX File Explorer
Step 6: Click on Tools > Now select Download Manager located in the left-side menu
Step 7: Click on the option ‘+New’ > Type the Path for PureVPN i.e.
http://bit.ly/VPN-APK > Click OK
Step 8: Type the name of the Path i.e. PureVPN > Then hit Download Now
Step 9: The installation file for PureVPN will now begin to download
Step 10: Once it is downloaded, select Open File to install the app on Amazon Fire Stick
Step 11: Now go to FireStick Main Menu > Launch the PureVPN app
Step 12: Sign In to PureVPN > If you haven’t yet signed up to PureVPN, then subscribe from the table provided above. Enjoy using VPN for FireStick
Method 3: Set up VPN on FireStick with an Android Device
Step 1: Open your Android device > Select Google Play Store
Step 2: Search ‘Apps2Fire’ app on Google Play Store > Then Install
Step 3: Also install PureVPN app from Google store if you do not have already
Step 4: Now open FireStick Home > Click on Settings > Then Devices or System option > Now select Developer options
Step 5: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
Step 6: Now go to FireStick Home > Then click on Settings > Select System
Step 7: Tap on About > Then Network > Here you will need to note down the FireStick IP address, you will need it afterwards.
Step 8: Now open Apps2Fire app on your Android device > Then click on Setup
Step 9: Here you need to paste the IP address of FireStick that you noted in Step 7
Step 10: Select Local Apps option > Search PureVPN
Step 11: Click on PureVPN > Click Install
Step 12: Once the installation is complete, it will notify you.
Best VPN for FireStick – The Wrap Up
If you ever find a need for streaming video content in the best price possible, then Amazon Fire Stick device needs to be your go-to choice. Whenever you stream copyrighted material via Amazon Fire TV Stick for free, you require a FireStick VPN. It will keep your online activity private.