How to Cancel TorGuard & Get Refund in 2020
Not completely satisfied with TorGuard? The provider offers a 7-day money-back guarantee. As long as your subscription doesn't include dedicated IPs and you act within 7 days of purchase, you're eligible to get your full refund back from TorGuard.
In the VPN industry, providers that offer money-back guarantees usually fall into two categories: those with a 30-day refund policy and those with a 7-day money-back guarantee. TorGuard falls in the latter category i.e. it offers a 7-day money-back guarantee.
Needless to say, 7 days can pass by relatively quick so you don’t have a lot of time to make up your mind and take a decision. But if you’re unsatisfied with TorGuard from the get-go and are doubting if you want to continue the subscription, you should act fast and cancel the service to claim your refund.
In this guide, I’m going to explain how to cancel TorGuard and get your refund. You can try fixing TorGuard first if you’re unsure about cancelling the service instantly.
If you’ve already cancelled TorGuard and are simply looking for an alternative that is affordable yet effective, then PureVPN is one of the better choices out there today.
How to Cancel TorGuard Subscription and Get Refund – Quick Guide
- Visit TorGuard.net and log into the client area with your account.
- In the menu on the top click “Services” > “My Services“.
- Next to your service, click “Manage” > “Request Cancellation“.
- Now cancel recurring payments by removing your credit cards details through this link.
- Submit a support ticket with your refund request.
- Wait for the confirmation email.
- Get your refund within 5-10 business days.
TorGuard Refund Terms & Conditions
As you’re probably already aware, TorGuard only accepts a refund request if made within 7 days of purchasing the subscription. Also, the refund policy does not apply for Dedicated, Streaming or Residential IPs. Only the payments for standard subscription can be refunded.
So, if you’re thinking about applying for a TorGuard refund make sure that:
- It has been less than 7 days since you purchased the subscription.
- You have a standard subscription plan (no dedicated IPs).
If the above is true, then you are eligible for refunds and TorGuard must comply with your request as per policy.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling TorGuard
TorGuard is a pretty good overall VPN service. However, no single VPN can satisfy all users across the world, so you shouldn’t wait before cancelling your subscription if you’re unhappy with the VPN.
Still, to be fair with the provider, let’s go through some of its key capabilities that you should consider before finally pressing the cancel button:
- Netflix unblocking: TorGuard offers “streaming IPs” as an add-on to its core VPN service for accessing streaming services. Users can unblock Netflix with TorGuard through these dedicated IP addresses. Since TorGuard provides fast speeds, it is an overall efficient service for Netflix.
- Access torrents: Users can also download torrents with TorGuard to secure their p2p sessions. The fast speeds ensure quick downloads for users that frequently perform p2p filesharing.
- Cross-platform compatibility: TorGuard support 5 multi-logs per account. If you use VPNs on multiple devices, you can easily setup TorGuard on Firestick, Kodi, as well as streaming boxes like Roku.
Unfortunately, TorGuard does not offer a free trial, so new users can’t test out the service before purchasing the paid subscription.
I Cancelled TorGuard – What Do I Do Now?
TorGuard is a pretty good VPN service that works well for most VPN use cases including torrenting and Netflix streaming. However, if it fails to work as per your expectations and you’re less than 100% satisfied with it, you shouldn’t waste any time before canceling the subscription and requesting your refund.
The good thing is, there are quite a few VPN services out there that might suit your needs better. The best of these are listed in this article on best VPNs for 2020.
Particularly, PureVPN immediately comes to mind as a solid alternative to TorGuard. This is due to the fact that it supports torrenting on many of its 2,000+ servers and has the built-in security to guard users’ privacy which is necessary to perform p2p activities with a peace of mind.
Additionally, PureVPN doesn’t disappoint when it comes to unblocking services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and others. This makes it particularly suited for users that regularly need to bypass geo-restrictions on these services.
The best part about PureVPN is that it has a 31-day money-back guarantee in contrast to TorGuard’s 7-day refund policy. This allows users with a greater window of time to try the VPN out and decide if they’re 100% happy with it. If not, you can easily claim a refund. You can get PureVPN for a the affordable price of $3.33/mo .
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||United States||Hong Kong|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Server Network||3,000+ servers|
|Customer Support||Emails & tickets||Live chat, Email & Ticket|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than VyprVPN and Get Refunded
- Can you cancel PureVPN anytime
- Can you cancel Surfshark anytime
- Can you cancel NordVPN anytime
- Can you cancel ExpressVPN anytime
The 7-day money-back guarantee of TorGuard means that you have to act fast if you’re unsatisfied with the service. There’s a very good chance that the provide will refund you the full amount if you make refund request within 7 days of purchase.
For more information about this VPN, see TorGuard review.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?