So now you can’t catch ’em all in Iran. The Islamic Republic of Iran banned the ever so popular Pokémon Go this morning.
The Iranian High Council of Virtual Spaces has officially announced a ban with some unspecified “security concerns”.
Surprisingly, Iran has become the first country to restrict Pokémon Go. But for Pokémon fans, hopes are still high.
Fortunately, we will teach you how to access Pokémon Go in Iran.
Best VPNs to Access Pokémon Go in Iran
Following VPN services will allow you to play the game with zero restrictions.
With a range of optimized overseas VPN servers, reliable tunneling protocols, 24/7 customer support, these VPN services will mask your IP address with a US server, so you can access Pokémon Go hassle free in Iran:
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$2.95 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 1 year Plan
Best Budget Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Geo-Unblocking
$2.99 Per Month
3 Years Plan
Best for Streaming
$8.32 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
How to Access Pokémon Go in Iran on Android
Now that you have one of the preferred VPN services, you’re all set to enjoy the game on your Android device. Here’s how to access Pokémon Go on Android:
- Choose one of the Android VPN service (specified above)
- Make an account on the provider’s website
- Download the VPN app on your Android device
- Next, install the VPN app on your device
- Open the freshly installed VPN, enter your login credentials and login
- Now from your VPN app, select a US server to connect
- Once connected to US server, go to Play Store
- You will be able to find the Pokémon Go in the Play Store
- Download the game on your device and install it
- Enjoy playing the most adventurous game on earth while living in Iran
How to Access Pokémon Go in Iran on iOS
For iOS users, you can stay creative with your sleuthing at any hour of the day without facing any restrictions.
One of the methods to access Pokémon Go on iOS is by connecting to a VPN service (via US server) and then access iTunes. Your iTunes should show apps from US store, allowing you to download Pokémon Go app and enjoy the game.
The second method is to manually change the location of your iTunes. This might look like a tedious task but do not fret, using the following steps, you can easily access Pokémon Go on your iOS device:
- On your iOS device, go to settings and select iTunes & App Store
- Enter your Apple ID and sign in
- Now, click on your Apple ID and a selection menu will appear.
- Select “view Apple ID”
- A menu will appear, select Country/Region
- Next, choose Change Country or Region
- Now select your new country and hit next
- Accept the terms and condition to proceed
- Choose a payment method
- Enter billing address and hit next
The easiest method to Install Pokémon Go on PC
When wanting to play the game on your Laptop or PC, you have to know the requirements to play Pokémon Go.
- 2GB of RAM on your PC or Laptop to play Pokémon Go
- You require 2010 or later year graphic card installed and DirectX 9.0
- Your PC must have shader demonstrate 3.0 or above to play Pokémon go PC.
- Make sure that your PC has enough space (1GB free space for this game alone)
- And an Internet connection to play Pokémon Go
The procedure requires installing an Emulator, which will help you in transforming your ordinary PC into a running Android device. Here is the procedure to Install and Download the Pokémon GO.
- Go to the Bluestacks.com
- Download the independent installer (the size will be around 300MB)
- Once the download is done, install the Emulator on your PC
- Once the Installation is done, you can continue with launching the Emulator.
- Now open Play Store use it as you do on your Android Smartphone
It is typical for you to get errors amid the Installation of the Bluestacks. You can resolve the issue by refreshing the drivers for your PC.
Make a point to have at least 512MB video memory inbuilt and guarantee that your PC has 2GB RAM. If your graphic card is 2010 or older, you will be unable to run any game or the program.
You can try different Emulators like DroidX, Genymotion, AndyOS and DuOS-M. These are couple of choices which you can use to download the Pokemon Go for Windows PC.
Play Pokémon Go on Mac Using the BlueStacks Emulator
BlueStacks is likewise available for Mac, all of you Apple fans, don’t stress!
Since it is fit for running Android applications to on Macintosh PCs, it’s ready to make the Android adaptation of Pokémon Go for Mac.
Just follow these steps:
- Download BlueStacks on your Mac
- Run BlueStacks
- Tap on the Search box and type in Pokémon Go
- Install Pokémon Go from the Google Play Store as you would regularly do using your normal Android device install Pokémon Go
- The game will be downloaded at that point click Open and enjoy!
The Secret Behind the Ban on Pokémon
Being a fresher in the market, Pokémon Go stands among the most popular games around the world.
Since its release, the game has been downloaded by more than 100 million players across the globe. The reputation lies behind the location-based and reality gaming experience.
However, Pokémon in Iran, US, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and many other countries faced massive criticism for causing accidents and violence among public.
In Indonesia, the government has imposed a ban on police officers from playing Pokémon Go during duty hours. Shockingly, in France, a gamer was detained last month after being located on a military base while playing the game.
The restrictions on Pokémon Go have been imposed in the United States as well, where the Governor of New York has claimed to ban about 3000 registered sex offenders (on parole) from accessing Pokémon. The ban is imposed to protect minors who play Pokémon Go.
In Iran the government was seeking a response from creator of the game, Niantic Labs, for possible restrictions. The restrictions are assumed to be related to the duration of gameplay, location restrictions and more.
But Pokémon Go has eventually faced a ban in Iran and gamers won’t be able to play the game like they did before, until you follow the steps provided by us as to How to Access Pokémon Go in Iran.