Private Internet Access may not be available on Amazon App Store, but it can still be installed on FireStick device by 2 methods. These include Downloader app and ES File Explorer.
In this guide, I will be telling you how to install Private Internet Access. Until its dedicated app is added on Amazon Store, this will be your recommended solution to setup PIA VPN.
Private Internet Access has over 3,325 servers available in 29 countries. Even though it has a third-part app, it works great on Fire TV Stick. It completely hides your IP address and keeps your online activity secure while streaming.
If aren’t satisfied with this service, you can check out the best Fire Stick VPN guide. Now, let’s begin with the Private Internet Access setup guide.
How to Install Private Internet Access VPN on FireStick
5 Minutes Review time
Since there is no PIA VPN Fire Stick app, I have mentioned two methods i.e. ES File Explorer and Downloader App. But before doing anything, you will need to download PIA APK on your computer.
Once the APK is installed, you need to transfer the file to your Amazon FireStick. This can be done by connecting the USB wire of FireStick to your computer. Transfer the files to the internal storage of the device.
Now connect the FireStick wire to your TV and turn the device on.
Method 1: Setup PIA FireStick via Downloader App
This is the easiest of the two methods. Follow these simple steps below:
- Open FireStick Home > Go to Settings
- Choose Device/ Fire TV > Then Developer Options
- Turn ON Allow Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
- Go back to FireStick Home > Then Search option at the top
- Type Downloader and click on it
- Download this app if you haven’t already
- Open the Downloader App > Paste this URL https://www.vpnranks.com/pia
- Click Go > The PIA file will now download
- It will ask for you to install PIA so click Install at the bottom
- Press Done when the installation is completed
- Go back to FireStick Home > Click on Settings > Then Applications
- Go to Manage Installed Applications > Select Private Internet Access
- Start using the service and stream Movies and TV Shows with the best Fire TV Stick apps 2020.
Method 2: ES File Explorer
Advantages of using Private Internet Access on FireStick
When you use PIA VPN for FireStick, you are able to attain a comprehensive list of different benefits. Here is the list of various advantages that consists of:
- Offers Internet Kill Switch and DNS leak protection features to users
- Provides 256-bit military-grade encryption
- Allows you to bypass ISP throttling hassles
- Helps you in unblocking region-blocked content
Find out more about the hidden gems of the service by reading Private Internet Access review.
What should I do if PIA is not working on Fire TV Stick?
If you are unable to use PIA on your Fire TV Stick device, you can still try out a workaround. In case your VPN app does not connect, you should reboot your Fire TV Stick devices. If you still face the same problem, you should restore your Amazon Fire TV Stick devices to its factory settings.
Private Internet Access User Reviews
PIA has about 4-star ratings out of 5 with 575 user ratings. If you see at the image below, you will find that 65% of the rating coming from 5-Star reviews.
See what PIA users have to say about this VPNs performance:
The above user says that PIA VPN is easy to install on FireStick despite downloading its third-party app, while he’s been using this app for 3 years and has always received excellent performance.
Another user complains that despite it is available on Amazon store for review, this VPN doesn’t unblock Amazon Prime. That’s true, PIA doesn’t unblock Amazon Prime streaming service.
Private Internet Access works great despite the fact that it isn’t available on the Amazon store. But in this guide, I have discussed how to setup Private Internet Access on FireStick device with third-party app.
It’s large server network helps FireStick users in keeping their online activity private because that is the ultimate goal of this VPN. While doing that, it also unblocks streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and others. If you want to contribute anything in this guide, please share your views in the comment section.