This guide is a step-by-step tutorial on how to install Private Internet Access on FireStick.
If you ever happen to face geo-restrictions, then PIA VPN is one of your go-to choice.
There one thing you should know, Private Internet Access VPN does not offer a dedicated Fire Stick app, so I will we discussing the two methods:
- Downloader App
- ES File Explorer
If you want to get VPNs that offers a dedicated app for FireStick, then visit Best Fire Stick VPN guide.
Does Private Internet Access work on FireStick?
Yes, Private Internet Access works on FireStick but it does not offer a dedicated FireStick app. There are two easy ways to install this VPN. These are ES File Explorer and Downloader App.
How to Install PIA VPN on FireStick
The task of installing Private Internet Access on VPN FireStick is an interesting one.
Since there is no PIA VPN Fire Stick app, I have mentioned two methods i.e. ES File Explorer and Downloader App.
But before doing anything, you will need to download PIA APK on your computer.
Once the APK is installed, you need to transfer the file to your Amazon FireStick.
This can be done by connecting the USB wire of FireStick to your computer. Transfer the files to the internal storage of the device.
Now connect the FireStick wire to your TV and turn the device on.
Method 1: Downloader App
This is the easiest of the two methods. Follow these simple steps below:
- Open FireStick Home > Go to Settings
- Choose Device/ Fire TV > Then Developer Options
- Turn ON Allow Apps from Unknown Sources and ADB Debugging
- Go back to FireStick Home > Then Search option at the top
- Type Downloader and click on it
- Download this app if you haven’t already
- Open the Downloader App > Paste this URL https://www.vpnranks.com/pia
- Click Go > The PIA file will now download
- It will ask for you to install PIA so click Install at the bottom
- Press Done when the installation is completed
- Go back to FireStick Home > Click on Settings > Then Applications
- Go to Manage Installed Applications > Select Private Internet Access
- Start using the service
Method 2: ES File Explorer
- Go to Search > Type ‘ES File Explorer’
- ES File Explorer will appear, click on Download
Install Mouse Toggle (Optional)
- Install Mouse Toggle app to improve the functionality of FireStick remote
- On your mobile device, search for the app on Play Store or iTunes Store (It costs $2.99)
- Install the app
- Now go to Settings on your FireStick device > Then Device/Fire TV > Click Developer Options
- Turn ON ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- Now Open Mouse Toggle app on mobile device
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines located at the top-left corner
- It will open the menu and will list the names of Fire TV Stick devices in vicinity
- Select your FireStick device
- It will ask you to install Fire TV App
- Once installed, it will upload Mouse Toggle app on FireStick
Install Private Internet Access APK
- Now Open ES File Explorer on your Fire Stick
- Select the file PIA-Latest-Android.apk
- Press Install again
- Click Open when the installation is complete
- Sign UP to the account > Connect to US server > Enjoy!
Major Advantages of using Private Internet Access for FireStick
When you use PIA VPN for FireStick, you are able to attain a comprehensive list of different benefits. Here is the list of various advantages that consists of:
- Offers Internet Kill Switch and DNS leak protection features to users
- Provides 256-bit military grade encryption
- Allows you to bypass ISP throttling hassles
- Helps you in unblocking region-blocked content
Find out more about the hidden gems of the service by reading Private Internet Access review.
What should I do if PIA is not working on Fire TV Stick?
If you are unable to use PIA on your Fire TV Stick device, you can still try out a workaround. In case your VPN app does not connect, you should reboot your Fire TV Stick devices. If you still face the same problem, you should restore your Amazon Fire TV Stick devices to its factory settings.
Private Internet Access User Reviews
See what PIA users have to say about this VPNs performance in the FireStick device…
The above user frequently uses PIA VPN app on FireStick and he’s quite happy with its performance with respect to speed.
Another user was quite disappointed with the cable company that sells users’ information and then decided to use Private Internet Access.
He has a positive experience using this VPN.
Wrapping Things Up
I expect you would like my guide on how to install Private Internet Access on FireStick. What sets PIA apart from other VPN services is its strong encryption and no logs policy. Once you have installed this VPN app on Firestick, you can access your favorite geo-blocked content from anywhere anonymously.
Want to add something, feel free to share your views in the comments section below.