How to Cancel PrivateVPN & Get Refund in 2021
Unsatisfied with PrivateVPN? Not to worry. This guide explains how you can get your money back from PrivateVPN without any hassles.
PrivateVPN is an exceptionally effective service for streaming fans. It is notable for its strong unblocking power that enables users to access geo-blocked content on websites like Netflix. But its other great characteristic is the 30-day money-back guarantee which is perfectly legitimate.
Users can request a refund from PrivateVPN within 30 days of purchase. But users are only eligible for the refund if they have consumed less than 100 GB of data during the 30 day period.
In this guide, I’m going to explain how to cancel your PrivateVPN account and claim your refund. You can try fixing PrivateVPN first if you’re unsure about canceling it right away. If you’ve already canceled your subscription and are looking for an alternative service, you can try ExpressVPN.
How to Cancel PrivateVPN and Get Refund: Quick Guide
- Visit PrivateVPN’s official website and log into your account.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the “Contact Us” button to open a form.
- Fill the form with your name, email, and give a reason for why you want to cancel your account and get a refund.
- Wait for confirmation of request through email (shouldn’t take longer than 24 hours).
- You should receive your refund within 5-7 working days after confirmation of request.
Step-by-step Instructions for Making Refund Request
PrivateVPN does not provide users with the option to cancel the subscription directly through their account. Instead, the refund and cancellation request must be processed by filling an email form.
1. Go to the PrivateVPN website and login with the account you are registered with.
2. Contact customer support by clicking on the “Contact us” button as shown.
3. Fill out the form and give details of why you want to cancel. Give as clear a reason as possible otherwise they will try to convince you to reconsider.
4. Send the form and wait for your confirmation email.
How to cancel a PrivateVPN subscription on Android/Play Store?
If you purchased your PrivateVPN subscription through the Play Store rather than the official website, you will need to cancel it using Play Store.
Follow the steps below to cancel a PrivateVPN subscription through Play Store.
- Head over to play.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Next, select “Subscriptions”
- Now, find and select PrivateVPN in the list.
- Lastly, click the “Manage” option and then “Cancel Subscription”.
Note: After performing these steps, follow the instructions above to contact PrivateVPN customer support and request your refund.
How to cancel a PrivateVPN subscription on iOS via iTunes/App Store?
If you got your PrivateVPN subscription through the App Store, you must cancel it through App Store too.
Follow the steps below to cancel a PrivateVPN account through App Store:
- Head over to the “Settings menu”, tap [your name], and then tap on “Subscriptions”.
- Now tap the subscription that you wish to manage.
- Lastly, tap “Cancel Subscription” to successfully cancel your PrivateVPN account.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN is a well-rounded service that will satisfy most users. However, every software has quirks that manifest more strongly for some users than others, so if you’re one of the unlucky ones, it might not work for you, forcing you to cancel.
Nonetheless, as reviewers, it is our responsibility to talk about every VPN without bias. So in the interest of fairness, let’s go over some of the key strengths of PrivateVPN:
- Access Netflix: When it comes to Netflix, PrivateVPN stands in a league of its own. In our tests, PrivateVPN was able to unblock Netflix from a variety of regions. Moreover, PrivateVPN delivers fast speeds consistently across its network, making it even more desirable from the streaming standpoint.
- Unblock torrents: Users can also access torrents with PrivateVPN. The fast speeds and good security make it simple and safe to perform p2p activities with PrivateVPN.
- Cross-platform compatibility: With support for multiple devices, PrivateVPN can be installed on Firestick, as well as used with Kodi and Roku (through manual configuration).
- Free trial: If you’re a new user that wants to try this VPN out first, you can sign up for the PrivateVPN free trial before purchasing the full subscription.
I Cancelled PrivateVPN – What Do I Do Now?
So, despite the excellent unblocking ability of PrivateVPN, you have decided to cancel it.
You’ll probably need another VPN service in its stead. If you’re looking for a well-rounded service that offers strong privacy as well as unblocking ability, then ExpressVPN is one of the better choices available.
ExpressVPN comes with a network of 3000+ servers that work exceptionally well for a variety of purposes including torrenting, streaming, and even work within China. Fans of online streaming can use this VPN to unblock Amazon Prime, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other websites too.
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with ExpressVPN and it’s not as highly-priced as some other alternatives. Currently, ExpressVPN is available for $6.67/mo
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||Sweden||British Virgin Island|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Customer Support||Live chat & Email||Live chat, 24-hour support|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than PrivateVPN and Get Refunded
- How do I cancel PureVPN?
- How do I cancel Surfshark?
- How do I cancel NordVPN?
- How do I cancel ExpressVPN?
The 30-day money-back guarantee of PrivatVPN can be taken advantage of if you’re unhappy with the service. Just keep in mind that you need to consume less than 100 GB of data if you want your refund request to be entertained.
You can learn more about this VPN in our PrivateVPN review.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?