PrivateVPN is an exceptionally effective service for streaming fans in South Korea. It is notable for its strong unblocking power that enables users in South Korea to access geo-blocked content on websites like Netflix. But its other great characteristic is the 30-day money-back guarantee which is perfectly legitimate. You can check a lot of VPNs that offer a money-back guarantee.
Users can cancel PrivateVPN in South Korea and get refund within 30 days of purchase. But unlike ExpressVPN which offers a no-questions-asked refund policy, in the case of PrivateVPN users are only eligible for the refund if they have consumed less than 100 GB of data during the 30 day period.
If you’ve already canceled your subscription and are looking for an alternative service in South Korea, you can try ExpressVPN, as it offers a user-friendly 30-days money-back guarantee without any conditions, so you can use ExpressVPN free for 30 days. It also offers a 3-month free subscription on its annual plan.
How to Cancel PrivateVPN in South Korea and Get Refund: Quick Guide
- Visit PrivateVPN’s official website and log into your account.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the “Contact Us” button to open a form.
- Fill the form with your name, email, and give a reason for why you want to cancel your account and get a refund.
- Wait for confirmation of request through email (shouldn’t take longer than 24 hours).
- You should receive your refund within 5-7 working days after confirmation of request.
Step-by-step Instructions for Making Refund Request in South Korea
PrivateVPN does not provide users in South Korea with the option to cancel the subscription directly through their account. Instead, to cancel PrivateVPN in South Korea the refund and cancellation request must be processed by filling out an email form.
1. Go to the PrivateVPN website and log in with the account you are registered with.
2. Contact customer support by clicking on the “Contact us” button as shown.
3. Fill out the form and give details of why you want to cancel. Give as clear a reason as possible otherwise they will try to convince you to reconsider.
4. Send the form and wait for your confirmation email.
How to cancel a PrivateVPN subscription in South Korea on Android/Play Store?
If you purchased your PrivateVPN subscription in South Korea through the Play Store rather than the official website, you will need to cancel PrivateVPN in South Korea using Play Store.
Follow the steps below to cancel a PrivateVPN subscription through Play Store.
- Head over to play.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Next, select “Subscriptions”
- Now, find and select PrivateVPN in the list.
- Lastly, click the “Manage” option and then “Cancel Subscription.”
Note: After performing these steps, follow the instructions above to contact PrivateVPN customer support and request your refund.
How to cancel a PrivateVPN subscription in South Korea on iOS via iTunes/App Store?
If you got your PrivateVPN subscription in South Korea through the App Store, you must cancel PrivateVPN in South Korea through App Store too.
Follow the steps below to cancel a PrivateVPN account through App Store:
- Head over to the “Settings menu”, tap [your name], and then tap on “Subscriptions”.
- Now tap the subscription that you wish to manage.
- Lastly, tap “Cancel Subscription” to successfully cancel your PrivateVPN account.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling PrivateVPN in South Korea
PrivateVPN is a well-rounded service that will satisfy most users in South Korea. However, every software has quirks that manifest more strongly for some users than others, so if you’re one of the unlucky ones, it might not work for you, forcing you to cancel.
Nonetheless, as reviewers, it is our responsibility to talk about every VPN without bias. So in the interest of fairness, let’s go over some of the key strengths of PrivateVPN:
- Access Netflix: When it comes to Netflix, PrivateVPN stands in a league of its own. In our tests, we were able to unblock PrivateVPN Netflix in South Korea from a variety of regions. Moreover, PrivateVPN speed test in South Korea show fast speeds consistently across its network, making it even more desirable from the streaming standpoint.
- Unblock torrents: Users can also perform torrenting with PrivateVPN in South Korea. The fast speeds and good security make it simple and safe to perform p2p activities with PrivateVPN.
- Cross-platform compatibility: With support for multiple devices, we could install PrivateVPN on Firestick in South Korea, as well as with PrivateVPN with Kodi in South Korea and PrivateVPN on Roku in South Korea (through manual configuration).
- Free trial: If you’re a new user that wants to try this VPN out first, you can sign up for the PrivateVPN free trial in South Korea before purchasing the full subscription.
I Canceled PrivateVPN in South Korea – What Do I Do Now?
If you have canceled PrivateVPN, you’ll probably need another VPN service in its stead. If you’re looking for a well-rounded service that offers strong privacy as well as unblocking ability, then ExpressVPN is one of the better choices available in South Korea.
ExpressVPN comes with a network of 3000+ servers that work exceptionally well for a variety of purposes including torrenting, streaming, and even works in China. Fans of online streaming can use this VPN to unblock Amazon Prime, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other websites too in South Korea.
You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee with ExpressVPN and it’s not as highly-priced as some other alternatives, and it also offers a 3-months completely free on its 12-month plan.
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||Sweden||British Virgin Island|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Customer Support||Live chat & Email||Live chat, 24-hour support|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than PrivateVPN in South Korea and Get Refunded
- How do I cancel ExpressVPN in South Korea?
- How do I cancel Surfshark in South Korea?
- How do I cancel NordVPN in South Korea?
The 30-day money-back guarantee of PrivateVPN can be taken advantage of if you’re unhappy with the service. Just keep in mind that you need to consume less than 100 GB of data if you want to cancel PrivateVPN in South Korea and get refund so that your request is entertained. You can also go for ExpressVPN, as it does not impose any conditions on its refund policy.
You can learn more about this VPN in our PrivateVPN review in South Korea.