IPTV (Internet Protocol TV) is a new way of watching television. No longer do you have to rely on expensive cable TV setups to watch your favorite shows and movies. You can either use an affordable IPTV service like DirecTV NOW, FuboTV or YouTube TV, or use a free service like Pluto TV.
Sounds cool right? But there’s just one problem:
Most IPTV services are geo-restricted, much like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
In order to watch live TV, Sports and other shows using your desired IPTV service, you’ll definitely need a reliable VPN for IPTV.
So, what are the best VPNs for IPTV and what benefits do they offer? Good questions! Let’s find out, shall we?
But first a brief overview of the best VPNs..
- PureVPN – Best VPN for IPTV. Offers powerful encryption and tons of fast servers for only $3.33/mo.
- Surfshark – A super affordable IPTV VPN. Offers streaming optimized features.
- NordVPN – Thousands of optimized servers across the globe for IPTV. with tons of awesome features.
- CyberGhost – A budget-friendly VPN for IPTV with super lowkey features.
- ExpressVPN – One of the fastest VPN on the market, with tons of excellent apps and security features.
- Ivacy– Secure VPN service with over 2000+ servers worldwide to help you watch IPTV securely.
Best VPNs for IPTV in 2021
The activity of choosing the best VPN for IPTV is not straightforward and may leave you wondering which VPN for IPTV provides better features than the rest.
You need to consider different factors before choosing any VPN for streaming. For your ease, we have compiled a list of VPN services that offer the best security, access to thousands of free channels and fast streaming speeds.
Without further ado, here are the 6 best VPN for IPTV in 2021
1. PureVPN – Budget IPTV VPN
PureVPN is an online privacy service that has a presence in all the major countries of the world. The service has expanded its server network to 6500+ servers. The service proved itself as the best low cost VPN due to its affordable pricing plans.
It also features decent security and encryption standards for rock-solid privacy. With thousands of IP addresses at your disposal, you can pretty much unblock all geo-restricted streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer and other awesome streaming platforms.
Pros of PureVPN
- 6500+ server network
- Strong encryption protocols
- 31-day money-back guarantee
Cons of PureVPN
- Does not offer free trial benefit to users
If you want to know about PureVPN in detail, read our exclusive PureVPN review.
2. Surfshark – Affordable VPN for IPTV
Pros of Surfshark
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Able to unblock streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, etc
- 30-day refund period
Cons of Surfshark
- Offer a smaller collection of servers
Read our exclusive Surfshark review for more information.
3. NordVPN – Offers Extensive VPN Servers for IPTV users
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service that promises a lot to its users. The service has a presence in 59+ countries through 5000+ servers worldwide. Above all, it offers a comprehensive set of security features, such as double encryption that make the service an ideal choice for IPTV subscribers.
Pros of NordVPN
- Offers free trial feature
- Provides a multi-login benefit to IPTV users
- Has zero-logging policy feature for subscribers
Cons of NordVPN
- IPTV users can experience connectivity issues during peak hours
To know more about NordVPN, explore our NordVPN review.
4. ExpressVPN – Quick and Reliable VPN
ExpressVPN is a leading VPN brand that offers a perfect mix of security + speed. With its 3000+ fast servers spread over 90+ countries and unlimited bandwidth, you can stream channels through IPTV with no hassles. It offers multiple tunneling protocols including PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, SSTP, and OpenVPN for maximum safety and security from online threats.
Moreover, because of it’s strong unblocking capabilities, it’s one of the best VPN service for streaming.
Pros of ExpressVPN
- Cross-platform compatibility with a wide range of devices
- Military-grade encryption
Cons of ExpressVPN
- Slightly expensive subscription plans
You can consider reading our detailed ExpressVPN review to know about the service.
5. CyberGhost – Loaded VPN with Features & Server Options for IPTV
CyberGhost is a Romanian VPN service that is popular among pirates (P2P filesharing). The VPN has considerably improved its services and is quite capable of unblocking streaming services just as easily as it allows access to blocked torrent sites. This is why I would recommend it for use as an IPTV VPN.
Pros of CyberGhost
- 6500+ servers located in 90 countries
- Allows up to 7 simultaneous connections
- 7-day free trial
Cons of CyberGhost
- Average speeds
For a detailed analysis of this service, check out our CyberGhost review.
6. Ivacy – Secure VPN for IPTV
Ivacy is a super affordable VPN service with over 2000+ servers in 100+ locations worldwide. It is also among the very few VPNs that guarantees zero bandwidth throttling to help you stream your favorite IPTV service without any lags.
If we talk about security, Ivacy offers 256-Bit Encryption, No Logs policy, Internet Kill Switch and much, much more. Ivacy manages to offer all these amazing features for only $1/mo that’s also covered by a full 30-day refund policy.
Pros of Ivacy
- Offers 2000+ servers in 100+ locations
- Excellent customer support
- 30-days refund policy
- Offers cross-platform apps
Cons of Ivacy
- Nothing worth complaining
Why Do I Need VPN for IPTV?
If you have ever wondered “Why is a VPN needed for IPTV?”, let me spell it out for you:
A VPN adds encryption to your data packets transmitting over the Internet, making it exceedingly difficult for your ISP to inspect the content of your data or your activities.
ISPs do not always allow IPTV to users since many ISPs are themselves offering these Internet Protocol TV services to users and do not appreciate the competition.
In addition, IPTV is often considered illegal owing to copyright infringements that result when TV channels are offered on the Internet without having the proper rights to do.
Therefore, you might find the IPTV service you use outright blocked by your ISP. Or, if the ISP has been kind enough to not block it altogether, they can still throttle your bandwidth if they notice heavy streaming usage on your part. You can learn more about bypassing ISP throttling in detail.
With a VPN, your privacy and security are increased owing to the encryption it adds and its ability to change your apparent location. This increases your security and can actually prevent authorities from sending you legal notices for using IPTV.
As such, until IPTV becomes officially, beyond a shadow of a doubt legal, you should never use these services without a VPN.
How to choose the perfect VPN for IPTV?
Although I highly suggest using the VPNs I’ve listed and discussed above, you’re free to do your own research and choose a VPN service that works best with IPTV.
Here’s are a few tips to help you choose the best VPN for IPTV:
- Look for a VPN that offers fast connection speeds
- Plenty of servers and good network coverage
- Powerful encryption and no logs policy
- Excellent device compatibility
- At least 5 simultaneous connections
- Extensive refund policy
How to set up a VPN on IPTV?
When it comes to setting up a VPN with your IPTV, there are two methods you can use. For one, you can configure a VPN service directly on to a VPN compatible router like NetGear, D-Link or TP-Link to securely watch content on IPTV.
Another way to set up a VPN on IPTV is by using an Android Box to connect to the IPTV service of your choice. Here’s how you do it yourself:
- Start by downloading the VPN app from the Play Store on to your Android Box.
- Next, install the VPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Now connect to a VPN server of your choice.
- Once you’re securely connected, launch the IPTV service of your choice and enjoy streaming
Best free VPNs for IPTV?
Technically speaking, yes! However, I strongly urge you to not use free VPNs. Since free VPNs only offer limited bandwidth, usually 500 Mb or 1 Gb monthly, you won’t be able to stream any HD content without running out of your allocated bandwidth.
Not only that, free VPNs only offer a handful of servers and server locations. This can strictly limit the content you can stream in any particular region due to geo-restrictions. But even more concerning is the fact that free VPNs are actually infamous for logging and selling user data.
This is exactly why you should purchase a VPN service if you wish to watch IPTV securely. I suggest starting with PureVPN as it only costs $3.33/mo .
Is IPTV Legal and Safe to Use?
IPTV service itself does not violate legal terms and conditions by any means. However, many providers offer pirated content or channels which they do not own the rights to.
So, if you are feeling rebellious and thinking “What if I don’t use a VPN for IPTV?”, I would strongly advise against it unless you want to be handed a DMCA notice and hefty fines along with it.
Some IPTV Providers to Consider
There are quite a few IPTV service providers offering various features to users at competitive pricing. Some of the more popular IPTV providers include:
IPTV Forest provides channels from almost every country in the world. The total number of channels exceeds 6,000. The channels are provided at HD or SD quality. The pricing plans vary from monthly, bi-annual, and annual plans. The annual plan can be availed for 6.25€/month.
RocketStreams is a popular IPTV provider among sports fans. Most of the sports channels it offers are available in HD quality. It is compatible with a variety of media players and devices including Perfect Player, VLC, Kodi, and Roku. It would be beneficial for you to make your streaming safe with the help of best VPN for Kodi & best free VPN for kodi.
Pricing plans run the gamut from monthly to yearly, each of which offers more than 1,500 channels. The monthly subscription costs $11/month, while the yearly subscription costs $90/month.
Insight TV is an HD quality IPTV streaming service, offering almost 1,600 channels from different parts of the world. Users are given the capability to connect 2 devices with the paid subscription at the same time. The subscription plans start from a 1-day trial version to a year-long subscription.
What is an IPTV Set-Top Box (STB)?
IPTV Set-Top Box (STB) is a device that you can hook up to your TV to receive online streaming through it. Some of the most widely used STBs are:
- Kodi boxes
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Roku and others
So, how to use VPN on IPTV box?
Some VPNs offer support for devices like Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku. However, if no dedicated VPN app for your chosen STB exists, you can set the VPN up on your DD-WRT router.
If you have a Roku and wondering how to install a VPN on Roku for IPTV, check out the blog Best VPN for Roku.
Benefits of Using VPN with IPTV
IPTV VPN users can avail definite benefits in terms of security and better availability of channels. Specifically, VPNs are beneficial for IPTV users because of the following reasons:
- Enhanced Privacy: When you use the best VPN for IPTV, you can secure your online privacy instantly. The leading provider usually has a no-logging policy and by allowing users to connect to any server location, you can hide online from ISPs and government agencies. This protects you from running into legal troubles associated with the use of IPTV as well.
- Unblock IPTV Streams: Some IPTV services are blocked by certain ISPs, especially in Australia and the UK. With the best VPN for IPTV, you can connect to servers outside of your local region and gain access to the blocked IPTV streams.
- Tackle bandwidth throttling: VPN services can help you bypass ISP throttling, which is commonly done by ISPs for online streaming. If you are receiving drastically low speeds while streaming content, then you are most certainly affected by speed throttling. You can use a VPN to solve this problem.
Best VPN for IPTV Reddit
When it comes to finding reliable solutions to your IPTV service related queries, nothing beats the importance of Reddit.
Check this to find out the best VPN service chosen by Reddit users.
Users on Reddit share their actual experiences regarding IPTV, so you can get a better understanding of the whole technology from the point of view of consumers.
Interestingly, users can avoid region blocking and blackout restrictions with the help of best VPN for IPTV. By doing so, you can watch UEFA live matches on your desired devices straight away.
The cord-cutting revolution has only just begun, but it’s likely to become the norm in the years to come with services and technologies like IPTV breaking ground in the market.
I hope you found this guide on best VPN for IPTV informative, hopefully, you can now enjoy all your favorite TV shows without having to rely on expensive cable subscriptions. If you’re looking to try out other streaming platforms, you might want to check out Plex. Oh! and before you ask, yes we have separately covered VPN for Plex.
Don’t forget to share your feedback in the comments below.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?