Disney Plus was launched on Nov 12 and on the same day it surpassed 10 million subscribers. At first, it was launched in countries like the US, UK, Canada, and the Netherlands.
But now, Disney Plus is officially available in India, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Germany, Australia, Austria, Spain, Italy, and even Switzerland.
The bad news, however, is that if you happen to access Disney+ outside of any of the above-mentioned countries, without a Disney Plus VPN, you will face a geographical-restriction error like this: Sorry, Disney Plus is not available in your country.
You might also come across an error like this one: Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your country or Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code: 83).
Although it might seem like the end of the world for anyone who owns a Disney Plus subscription and happens to travel a lot, this issue is quite easy to overcome with the help of the right VPN. But do keep in mind that not all VPNs have what it take to unblock Disney+.
Why Do You Need to Use a VPN for Disney Plus?
As I mentioned before, Disney Plus is only available in a handful of countries because of content licensing issues. To prevent its content from being aired in unapproved regions, Disney Plus uses IP tracking technology to detect the location of the person trying to access their service.
If Disney Plus detects that you’re trying to access Disney Plus from an unapproved region, you’ll come across an error message which looks something like this:
This is where a VPN comes in. With the help of a reliable VPN, you can hide your original IP address and change your location to appear in the US, UK, or anywhere in the world. This way, you can watch trick Disney Plus and watch any content you like.
6 Features to look for in the Best Disney Plus VPN?
It is not so easy to find VPNs that can trick Disney Plus. Less renowned or free VPNs will simply get detected by and denied access due to the anti-VPN technology imposed by Disney.
In order for a VPN to successfully unblock Disney Plus, it should offer a couple of basic features. Here’s what I look for when choosing a VPN for Disney Plus:
1. Streaming mode & optimized servers —To save time testing random servers, it’s way better to get VPNs that offer dedicated streaming modes or optimized streaming servers.
2. Reliable Network — Server networks are really important to look out for when choosing a VPN for Disney+. A VPN provider should offer servers all over the world for maximum coverage.
3. Fast Speed — When picking a VPN, make sure that it’s known for its fast, consistent, and stable speeds across its network.
4. Device Compatibility — You should pick a VPN that offers apps for mainstream operating systems like Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and more. Otherwise, you’ll just end up wasting money.
5. Good pricing & multi logins — When purchasing a VPN, make sure that it offers deep discounts and a good range of simultaneous connections to save money.
6. Security features — To keep it short, look for features like Kill switch, 256-bit encryption, No logs, and DNS leak protection at the very least.
5 Best VPNs for Disney Plus That Are Working in 2020
For now, Disney Plus is only available in limited countries. But with a VPN, you can change your location to appear anywhere in the world. That is all you need to access the Disney Plus streaming service restriction free. Here are our recommended VPNs that work well with Disney Plus:
1. PureVPN – (Overall the Best VPN to Watch Disney+)
PureVPN is our recommended option when it comes to streaming, unblocking, and protecting your online security.
The reason why PureVPN is our top pick is that it offers a built-in streaming mode that is designed to unblock popular streaming services like Disney Plus. During my testing, PureVPN easily unblocked Disney Plus restrictions in one go with its Miami and Toronto servers.
Here’s the video proof:
Overall, it has 6500+ servers (450+ servers in the US alone) and it costs only $1.32/mo. Other reasons why I recommend this service is because of its good speed and no logs policy. It is available for all popular operating systems and allows you to connect 10 multiple devices simultaneously.
Best of all, PureVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee so If you’re not satisfied, you can always get a refund. For more information regarding this VPN and how well it works with Disney+, check out our PureVPN for Disney Plus guide.
2. Surfshark – (Low-Cost VPN for Disney+ with Unlimited Connections)
Next up, we have Surfshark. It is definitely among the most affordable VPN out there and is exactly why we have included it in our list.
Although Surfshark is not that old, it has developed so much in the last year. Its server network has now grown to 3200+ servers. More than 500 servers are just available in the US. With so many servers, I was able to easily unblock Disney Plus with Surfshark’s Dallas and Miami servers.
In addition to unblocking Disney Plus, we were also able to unblock a bunch of other streaming services including Netflix and Amazon Prime Video.
Surfshark is also quite safe too. This service provider is based in the British Virgin Islands where there are no data retention laws. Even if the government asks for users’ data, it would have nothing to show because it does not keep any logs.
But the number one reason why we love Surfshark is that it offers the most bang for your buck. It only costs $2.21/mo , comes with a 30-day refund policy, and allows you to secure unlimited devices simultaneously with just one account.
For more information, check out our Surfshark for Disney Plus.
3. NordVPN – (Fastest Disney+ VPN with SmartPlay feature)
NordVPN is probably the most recognized VPN in the entire industry. The reason why we love NordVPN is because of its massive 5500+ servers network which is available in 59 countries.
One of the coolest features NordVPN offers related to streaming is called SmartPlay. With the SmarPlay feature, we were able to unblock Hulu, Amazon Prime, and multiple other streaming services.
During our testing, the servers that helped us unblock Disney Plus were Atlanta (#2700) and Chicago (#1473). Though, I do have to admit that NordVPN was a bit slow compare to other VPNs in this list.
If we talk about security features, NordVPN comes with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and even a no-logs policy. NordVPN also comes with a CyberSec feature which basically blocks ads and prevents you from accessing malicious websites.
As for affordability, NordVPN is quite budget-friendly. It starts from just $3.71/mo, offers 6 multi logins, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For more information, check out our NordVPN for Disney Plus.
4. ExpressVPN – Top-notch Disney+ VPN but Expensive
ExpressVPN is the most expensive VPN on our list. It is also the most reliable VPN that offers 3000+ servers throughout the world and 20+ servers in the US alone.
As for other streaming services, just like other VPNs, we were able to unblock Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and a bunch of other streaming services.
During our testing, we have particularly good luck with ExpressVPN’s Los Angeles 1, New Jersey 3, New York, Dallas 2, and Washington DC servers.
If we talk about security features, ExpressVPN packs in some pretty noteworthy features. For instance, it comes with Military-grade encryption, a kill switch, and leak protection. The provider also delivers an incredible MediaStreamer feature that lets you unblock geo-restricted content without encrypting your web traffic.
As for pricing, ExpressVPN is not cheap. ExpressVPN starts from $6.67/mo. But on the plus side, it does offer 5 simultaneous connections alongside a generous 30 days money-back guarantee.
For more information, check out our ExpressVPN for Disney Plus.
5. CyberGhost – Powerful VPN with Disney+ Optimized Servers
Lastly, we have CyberGhost. One thing you just can’t ignore about CyberGhost is its server network. It offers 6300+ servers in 89 countries worldwide. What’s also cool about CyberGhost is that it actually offers optimized servers for Disney+.
Speaking of optimized servers, CyberGhost offers optimized servers for almost all popular streaming services including Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon prime, and more. While manually testing, we were able to unblock Disney Plus by connecting to its Dallas and Texas servers.
If you’re concerned about privacy, you’ll be glad to know that CyberGhost is among the most secure VPNs out there. For starters, it packs in an automatic kill switch, ad blocker, and a strict no-logs policy to keep you totally anonymous online.
As for pricing, CyberGhost is decently priced. It starts from $2.25/mo which is quite affordable. Despite being affordable, CyberGhost still offers 7-multi logins and a 45-day refund policy.
VPNs Services You Should Avoid with Disney Plus
As soon as Disney Plus got released, a lot of people around the world started using VPNs to unblock it. This is when Disney Plus starting cracking down on popular VPN providers. As a result, many Disney Plus accounts got blocked and many VPN service providers were blacklisted as well.
To this day, not many VPNs work with Disney Plus. In this list, I am going to tell you some VPNs that don’t work with Disney Plus so you don’t have to waste your money:
- Bullet VPN
- Hotspot Shield
- Proton VPN
- Tunnel Bear
Can I Use a Free VPN with Disney+?
To be honest, free VPNs don’t work with Disney+. Even though you might be tempted to use a free VPN service, you really are going to just waste your time.
The reason why I don’t recommend free VPNs is that free VPN services come with a lot of limitations. You’re not going to get access to a lot of servers and you’re only going to get limited bandwidth to consume. So realistically, you won’t be able to even log on to Disney Plus with free VPNs let alone stream anything.
Another major issue with free VPNs is privacy. If you don’t know, free VPNs make money by selling your data. Whatever you do online is recorded and sold to anyone willing to pay a good price. To keep it short, free VPNs are incapable of unblocking Disney Plus and can be harmful to your privacy.
This is why I only recommend accessing Disney Plus with a reliable paid VPN service. If you don’t which one to choose, I’ve mentioned quite a few affordable VPNs in this blog.
How to subscribe to Disney+ from Abroad without a Foreign Credit Card?
In case you don’t have a Disney Plus subscription because it’s not available in your country, then technically you will need access to a foreign payment source linked to the countries where Disney Plus is officially available. Here’s how to get a Disney Plus subscription without using a foreign payment method:
Payment Method #1 – Use iTunes Gift Card (Apple Devices)
The first method that you can try is purchasing a Disney Plus subscription via an iTunes gift card. Do keep in mind that this method will only work on an iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV.
1. To get started, head over to App Store app on your iPad, iPhone, or Apple TV.
2. Next, tap/click on the icon with your picture on it to access Account Settings.
3. Now scroll all the way down and tap/click on Sign Out.
4. Once you’re signed out, click on this link to create a new Apple ID.
5. Now fill in the personal information as required but don’t forget to use a different email that isn’t linked to your existing Apple ID. As for a phone number, you can just enter your own phone number from your own country.
6. Once you hit continue after filling in your account details, enter the code you received via email.
7. Next, enter the code you received via phone.
8. That’s it, your new US Apple ID is now created.
9. Now, click on this link to purchase an Apple gift card. I suggest purchasing the $75 gift card so that you can pay for the yearly subscription of Disney Plus which costs $69.99/year.
10. Once you purchase the gift card from Amazon, you will receive the gift card in your email inbox. To redeem it, open up the App Store, access Account Settings as before, and tap/click on Redeem Gift Card or Code.
11. Next, open up your VPN app, connect to a US server, and download the Disney+ app from the App Store.
12. Finally, open up the Disney+ app and sign up for an account by paying through the balance you obtained via your iTunes gift card.
That’s it, you should now be able to stream any content on Disney+ from anywhere in the world without any problems.
Payment Method #2 – Use Google Play Gift Card (Android Devices)
The first method I showed you earlier was only for Apple devices. In this method, I’ll show you how to signup for a Disney Plus account using a Google Play gift card. This method will work on any Android device that has Google Play Store installed on it.
1. First, fire up your VPN app. I suggest using PureVPN. Connect to a US server.
2. Now, head over to Google Play Store and create a new account. Once your account is created, don’t log in just yet.
3. Next, purchase a Google Play gift card from Amazon. Again, I suggest purchasing the $75 gift card and then purchasing the yearly subscription of Disney Plus with it. You can use this link.
4. Once you’ve purchased the gift card, you will receive the code for it via email. Just click on the link in the email to redeem the gift card if you’re on your phone or you can copy the code as well and manually enter it in the Google Play Store.
5. After that, head over to your device’s Settings menu and tap on Accounts.
6. Next, click on Add Account > Google and then add the new account you created earlier.
7. Now head back to the Google Play Store and sign in using your new account.
8. Next, just search and download the Disney+ app.
9. Finally, open up the Disney+ app and pay via your Google account balance that you obtained through the gift card.
10. Next, search for any content on Disney Plus and start streaming.
That’s it. You can now use your new Disney Plus account to stream any content you like as long as you’re connected to a US VPN server.
What can I watch on Disney+?
There’s so much amazing content that you can watch on Disney Plus. You can watch shows from Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. Here is a list of some of the top TV shows and movies that you can watch on Disney+ in 2020:
- Lady and the Tramp
- Artemis Fowl
- Captain Marvel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Earth to Ned
- Secret Society of Second-Born Royals
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
How Much Does Disney+ Cost?
Disney Plus is quite an affordable streaming service considering all the content it has to offer. It currently offers two plans which monthly and yearly. If you’re in the US, the monthly plan will cost you $6.99/month and the yearly plan cost you $69.99/year (5.80/month).
Disney Plus pricing in other countries:
- UK: £5.99/month or £59.99/year
- Canada: CA$8.99/month or CA$89.99/year
- Australia: AUD$8.99/month or AUD$89.99/year
- New Zealand: NZD$9.99/month or NZD$99.99/year
- India: Rs 299/month or Rs 1,499/year
- European countries: €6.99/month or €69.99/year
Is Disney+ subscription cheaper with a VPN?
Yes, if you use a VPN to spoof your actual geo-location, then you can technically purchase a subscription for Disney Plus for cheap. For instance, the price of a Disney+ subscription in the U.S is $6.99 a month. However, if you connect to an Indian server, you’ll be able to purchase a subscription for INR ₹299/mo, which converts to roughly USD $4.03.
Now that you know which are the best VPN for Disney Plus, let’s talk about some of the frequently asked questions people have regarding Disney+ and VPNs.
Which countries is Disney+ available in?
Disney Plus is now available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Channel Islands, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle of Man, Japan, Monaco, Italy, the Netherlands, Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, New Zealand, the U.K., and the U.S.
Is the Disney+ free trial still available?
No, the seven-day Disney Plus trial is no longer being offered currently. There’s no telling when the free trial will become available again.
Is Disney+ compatible with my device?
Since Disney Plus offers apps for different devices and can be accessed via your web browser, you will not face compatibly issues when using Disney+ on your device.
Is there any free VPN that works with Disney plus?
Can I watch Disney+ simultaneously on multiple devices?
Since Disney+ supports four concurrent streams, you will be able to access and stream Disney Plus on multiple devices simultaneously.
Why isn’t Disney+ Working with my VPN?
If your VPN is not working with Disney Plus, it probably means the service detects that you’re using a VPN. This error can be resolved if you try connecting to a different US server and open the website in Incognito Mode.
Does Disney Plus work with VPN?
Does Disney Plus block VPNs?
Just after the launch of the Disney Plus service, it started a crackdown against popular VPN services. As a result, only limited VPNs work with Disney Plus.
Will using Disney Plus with a VPN slow my connection?
Not all VPNs would slow down your internet connection. Most free VPNs would slow down your connection but not the paid ones like PureVPN or Surfshark.
Is using a VPN for Disney+ illegal?
No, using a VPN to stream content on Disney Plus is not illegal. But it does go against Disney’s terms of service. So while you will not get in trouble with the law, you might end up with a suspended account. But in reality, it’s quite unlikely that Disney Plus will ban your account for using a VPN.
Will I be banned for using a VPN with Disney Plus?
Yes, if you get caught using a VPN to unblock Disney Plus from an unsupported region, your account might get banned. But the chances of that happening are slim to none.
Recommendation for Best Disney Plus VPNs in 2020
Due to the recent crackdown of Disney Plus against numerous VPN providers, you won’t find many services that unblock Disney Plus.
But here in this guide, I have compiled a list of the best Disney Plus VPNs that work great even in 2020. Not just that, I have also mentioned the exact server names that should help you unblock Disney Plus in one go along with video proof. If you want to know my top pick, I would suggest trying PureVPN.
If you found this blog informative, do let me know in the comments. Also, consider sharing it with your friends and family.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?