How to Cancel Ivacy Subscription & Get Refunded in 2020
Ivacy delivers an attractive 30 days money back guarantee to its users. This means that you can claim a refund within 30 days of purchasing the subscription if you’re not satisfied with the VPN. Note that the 30 day refund period only applies to the yearly or longer subscription periods. The 1-month plan of Ivacy is backed by a 7-day money-back guarantee only.
Ivacy doesn’t really do a good job of explaining how the refund process works, but it really just involves contacting the customer support and asking for your refund. However, if you subscribed through Google Play Store or iOS App Store, you’ll need to perform a few additional steps as I’ll explain here shortly.
If you’re having second thoughts and want to try and fix Ivacy first, then you can read these troubleshooting tips for Ivacy.
Or if you have already cancelled the VPN and are looking for an alternative, then you can try PureVPN which offers a number of benefits including Netflix streaming, torrenting, and strong privacy.
Cancel Ivacy subscription – Quick Guide
- Send an email at [email protected] with the subject “Refund request” or something similar.
- Mention your username and the reason for cancelling Ivacy VPN subscription.
- You should receive a reply within 24 hours with information regarding your refund request.
Alternatively, you can also contact the customer support through live chat to request your refund. They will ask you a few questions and try to convince you to continue using their service. Simply assert that you’re only interested in the refund and they should accept your refund request and give an estimate for when you can accept the refund.
Note: Although Ivacy advertises a 30-day money-back guarantee officially, this only applies for yearly or longer subscription packages. For monthly plan, the money-back guarantee is reduced to 7 days only. Moreover, for your safety you should opt for the best alternative to Ivacy!
How to cancel Ivacy VPN subscription on Android?
If you purchased Ivacy subscription through Google Play Store, you will need to first cancel the subscription from the Play Store.
This how you can end your Ivacy subscription through Play Store.
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Click “My Subscriptions”, once you sign in to your Google account.
- Select Ivacy subscription that you wish to cancel.
- Click “Manage” option then choose “Cancel Subscription”.
After cancelling, you will need to contact Ivacy’s customer support to request the refund.
How can I cancel Ivacy subscription on iOS?
Ivacy subscriptions purchased through the App Store must be cancelled through the App Store.
This is how you can end your Ivacy subscription on App Store:
- Through the “Settings menu”, tap your name then click on “Subscription”.
- Click “Ivacy subscription“.
- Click “cancel subscription” to cancel the account.
By doing so, you can revoke your subscription even if you are using Ivacy free trial. However, you will still need to contact customer support and demand a refund as explained above.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling Ivacy
Every VPN provider has strengths and weaknesses and Ivacy is no different. If you are reading this page, you’re obviously dissatisfied with the VPN and want to cancel it. However, in order to give fair treatment to the VPN, I’m going to highlight a few of Ivacy’s key strengths:
- Bypassing Chinese censorship: The heavy regulation and censorship of the internet has rendered many VPNs powerless against the Great Firewall of China. However, Ivacy has always been one step ahead of most other providers by finding ways to work within China and allow users in the mainland to access blocked foreign content through it.
- Accessing Netflix: The VPN and proxy detection mechanisms of Netflix are getting stronger with time. Yet, Ivacy still works for Netflix even though many other popular providers have succumbed.
- Unblock torrents: Ivacy supports torrents on a variety of servers. It has the requisite leak protection mechanisms to ensure users are able to download torrents in complete privacy. Find out more about this in our dedicated guide on torrenting with Ivacy.
What should I do after cancelling my Ivacy subscription?
The need of securing your online privacy still exits despite cancelling your Ivacy membership. Hence, you should check out our best VPN 2020 list when it comes to protecting your digital whereabouts on the web. From my point of view, you should consider trying PureVPN due to its next level privacy features.
You can complete these exciting features in the form of kill switch, split tunneling, 10 multi-logins, Netflix unblocking, 2000+ servers, 24/7 technical support including live chat and so on. Interestingly, the service is one of those few VPNs that work in China. You will need to pay just $2.91/mo to avail all these lucrative benefits.
For your convenience, you can take a look on this comparison table in which I have described the attributes of both these providers:
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Speed||18.71 Mbps||26.01 Mbps|
|Server Network||2,000+ servers|
|Customer Support||Live Chat, Email & Ticket||Live Chat, Email & Ticket|
Ivacy is a decent VPN service, but no product is perfect. If it’s been giving you troubles and you’re not satisfied with Ivacy for any reason, then I’d suggest cancelling the VPN and use the refund money to get another alternative.
For more information about this VPN, see Ivacy review.
Have you tried applying for a refund from IPVanish in the past? What was your experience like? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?