BlackBerry, one of the most popular smartphones of its time, was built keeping professional use in mind. It was always known for the security that it offered while accessing the Internet.
But with time, older BlackBerry phones that were equipped with the built-in PPTP VPN clients became outdated and more susceptible to cyberattacks.
Fortunately, the newer BlackBerry OS 10 supports the more advanced IKEv2 protocol, which is used by several top VPN services.
Keeping that in mind, I’ve compiled a list of the Best VPNs for Blackberry that are not only affordable but are capable of delivering industry-leading privacy.
But first, a brief overview of the best VPNs for BlackBerry…
- ExpressVPN: Fastest VPN in the industry with over 3000+ secure servers for your Blackberry.
- NordVPN: 5500+ servers around the world to help you bypass geo-blocks and anonymize your identity.
- PureVPN: Best VPN for security with excellent support for Blackberry phones.
- PrivateVPN: A super-secure VPN with 150+ servers at a budget price point.
- Ivacy: A low-cost VPN with over 2000+ servers and features to keep your Blackberry totally secure.
Best VPN Providers for BlackBerry
Since modern BlackBerry phones support IKEv2, you can only use a VPN service that uses this encryption protocol. The list below consists of VPN providers that offer IKEv2 protocol, in addition to other key features that make them stand out among the rest:
1. ExpressVPN – Fastest VPN for BlackBerry
ExpressVPN is another renowned VPN provider known for excellent service and fast speeds. It offers impressive geographical coverage, having servers dispersed in more than 90 countries. Due to these attributes, it’s also one of the fastest VPN for streaming movies.
It uses strong military-grade encryption protocols including IKEv2. Using ExpressVPN, you can take advantage of some of the strongest privacy policies and maintain your online privacy while surfing the web on BlackBerry.
- Fast servers with unlimited bandwidth
- Anonymous torrenting through dedicated P2P servers
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- Users can avail money-back guarantee for 30 days
- Slightly more expensive option than other VPN providers.
Read more about it in our detailed ExpressVPN Review.
2. NordVPN – BlackBerry VPN with Great Coverage
NordVPN is a leading giant in the VPN industry that offers the highest number of servers located across the world. Currently, NordVPN’s network includes over 5500+ servers located across 59 countries.
NordVPN uses advanced encryption protocols including IKEv2. As such, it is among the top VPN services available for BlackBerry. It also has features like double VPN and Kill switch for added security.
- Offers more than 5500+ servers in over 59 countries
- Supports OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP protocols
- Excellent customer support feature available 24/7
- Offers a generous 30-day money-back guarantee
- The double VPN feature enhances security at the cost of Internet speed
Read more about it in our detailed NordVPN Review.
3. PureVPN – Best VPN for BlackBerry Security
PureVPN is a Hong-Kong based VPN provider that offers a variety of VPN features for users across the world. It offers a large list of servers distributed across 140 countries, with a total server count of 6500+ servers.
It uses encryption protocols including PPTP, L2TP, IKEv2, and OpenVPN. Since it supports IKEv2 and offers strong geo-bypassing capabilities, PureVPN is easily one of the best VPN for BlackBerry.
As per our best VPN prices page, you would find PureVPN the cheapest one with highest quality service.
- Offers more than 6500+ servers in 140+ locations
- Equipped with automatic kill switch feature
- Customer support is available 24/7
- Does not offer a free trial feature
Read more about it in our detailed PureVPN Review.
4. PrivateVPN – Secure BlackBerry VPN
PrivateVPN is a Sweden-based VPN provider that offers strong security to users. It has a built-in DNS leak protection for both IPv4 and IPv6.
PrivateVPN follows zero-logging policy, so users can be assured that their privacy will be protected from ISPs and agencies that might attempt snooping.
It supports BlackBerry phones since it uses IKEv2 protocol. Therefore, it ones of the strongest BlackBerry VPN services you can avail.
- Allows up to six simultaneous connections to the VPN
- Offers strong DNS leak protection
- Fast servers with dedicated support for streaming and P2P networking
- Users can avail 30-day money-back guarantee
- Customer support is only available during business hours
Read more about it in our detailed PrivateVPN Review.
5. Ivacy – Affordable VPN for BlackBerry
Ivacy is a Singapore-based VPN provider that offers a vast number of features at highly affordable subscription rates.
It uses the most recent tunneling protocols that provide excellent security to user traffic traveling through the VPN’s servers. Ivacy has more than 2000 servers located in over 100 countries.
As such, bypassing Geo-restrictions is not a problem that Ivacy is affected by. For users looking for a cost-effective service, Ivacy is arguably the best VPN for Blackberry.
- Offers 2000+ servers in more than 100 countries
- Provides automatic kill switch feature
- Follows zero-logging policy
- Delivers unlimited bandwidth across all servers.
- A smaller server park
Read more about it in our detailed Ivacy Review.
Advantages of VPN for BlackBerry Devices – Why do you need one?
Ever since Edward Snowden made “those” revelations, the world of internet has entered a new age. It has compelled the masses to accept that their online activities are not only being watched, but it has also made them aware of the possibilities of online surveillance.
If you are a BlackBerry user and are concerned about your online privacy, you should get a BlackBerry VPN. It will protect you from the eyes of online surveillance agencies like NSA and hackers by masking your real IP with one available on its VPN servers.
IKEv2 Protocols for BlackBerry VPNs
IKEv2 is an encryption protocol that is the most secure standard available for mobile devices such as BlackBerry.
Previous versions of BlackBerry supported the PPTP protocol, which has become outdated and is riddled with security vulnerabilities. Therefore, it is best to avoid using any VPN service that only supports PPTP.
In addition to greater encryption and security, IKEv2 is also much faster than PPTP. As a result, you should use IKEv2-enabled VPN providers and ensure the security of your mobile device.
Compatibility of VPN on BlackBerry
Setting up a BlackBerry VPN can be a tricky task but not if your VPN service provider is BlackBerry friendly.
Due to the limited VPN gateways that BlackBerry supports, configuring a VPN with a BlackBerry device or Playbook may seem to be a frustrating experience for the user.
But if you have opted for one of the VPNs that we have suggested for BlackBerry, you will get done with the process in a blink of an eye.
We only recommend the best VPN services after evaluating them for plans, pricing, servers, customer support, accepted payment methods, compatibility, tutorials, protocols, etc.
Free VPN for Blackberry, worthy or not?
Technically speaking, free VPNs are not worth using with Blackberry phones. Since free VPNs are known to mine user data for third-party advertisements, you can never trust a free VPN with your privacy.
To truly secure your Blackberry, you must only use reliable paid VPNs like the ones mentioned above.
Although BlackBerry comes with its own BES middleware software, the need to encrypt your data as it goes through your ISP’s servers remains unanswered.
In order to protect BB devices from all sorts of online surveillance, cybercrime and data leakages, you must equip your device with one of the best VPN for Blackberry.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?