There is no denying your IP address looks like your physical address in real life. It helps ISPs or other monitoring actors identify your online location. As you can change your physical location anytime, you are also free to change your IP address from anywhere. If you want to change your IP address, continue reading this post:
Why should I change my IP address?
People hide their public or external IP address to bypass online restrictions to watch geo-restricted video content. Moreover, you must change the IP address of your device be it desktop or mobile when you face following problems:
- An invalid IP address is configured unexpectedly
- You are using a malfunctioning router
- You are trying to install a new router and also re-configuring a home network to use its default IP address range
Change your Router’s IP address
Here is the list of steps you should follow to change your router’s IP address that includes:
- Login to your router as an administrator
- Change your IP address to your desired IP address through the control
Remember: You can change the IP address of your router only when it is having an issue.
Change your Computer’s IP address
You can alter your computer’s IP address by releasing and renewing the DHCP IP address on your computer. For that reason, you may use the ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew commands using Command Prompt. Similarly, if your Windows computer has a static IP address, follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, choose Network and Sharing Center
- Select Change Adapter Settings
- Double click the connection and choose Properties
- Double click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Select Obtain an IP address automatically
- leave the settings to get a new IP address automatically
Change IP address on your iPhone
Luckily, you can change your IP address on your iPhone right away. You should follow these simple steps that re given below:
- Open Settings app and choose Wi-Fi
- Press the small (i) available next to the network and select Configure IP
- Select Manual and provide the network details like your IP address and DNS data yourself
Change IP address on your Android phone
You can change your IP address on your Android smartphones by following these steps:
- Open the Android Settings and select Wi-Fi
- Press your active network for a few seconds then choose Modify Network
- After tapping Advanced Options, change DHCP to Static
- Enter the static IP settings through the IP address text box
Other ways to change your IP address
Here are some other useful ways that help you change your IP address instantly. These ways are:
- Use a VPN
- Use TOR
- Borrow your neighbor’s Wi-Fi IP address
- Change your physical location
- Restart your Modem
- Use mobile network
Use a VPN
You can use a VPN to change your IP address completely. Furthermore, it allows you protect your digital footprints through the help of another IP address of your preferred country. After using a VPN, you can achieve following objectives other than hiding your IP address:
- Protects your internet traffic
- Helps you perform your online tasks anonymously
- bypasses ISP throttling
- lets you access region blocked sites like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer or others.
You can consider using a TOR browser that works like an online anonymity tool without breaking your bank. When you connect to a TOR browser, it provides you a new IP address. Here are numerous secure browsers like Mozilla Firefox that try to keep your web surfing private by changing your IP addresses. These browsers are:
- Mozilla Firefox (but you must adjust your browser’s settings first)
- Water Fox
For added security, here are some best VPN for tor 2020.
Borrow your neighbor’s Wi-Fi IP address
You can ask your neighbor to use his or her network and if permitted, start using their Wi-Fi network once you connect.
Change your physical location
When you use your official network, you are allocated a different IP address unlike the IP address of your home network. In case you want to get another IP address, you had better change your physical location.
Restart your Modem
You can restart your modem if you wish to attain another IP address. When you forcefully unplug your modem, your ISP is compelled to provide you a brand new IP address.
Use mobile network
You can easily change your IP address by using your own cellular data. A cellular data works quite differently as compared to your ISP as it follows its own mechanism. This is how you may hide your IP address of your mobile phones without any hassle.
How to change your public IP address?
A public IP address allows you communicate with the other networks outside your home network. You can use a VPN to spoof your actual IP address.
How to Change Your Local IP Address?
You can term local IP address as Private IP address since this IP address is assigned to your router or any device that is attached to a router.
Can someone else change my IP address?
Nobody who is outside your home network and does not have access to your network router can change your IP address.
Summing up, you can change your IP address through the above-mentioned tips quite easily. However, you should use a VPN service to get highest level of protection after changing the IP address of your Windows, Android or iPhone device.