A VPN allows you to surf the web securely and anonymously from anywhere. However, it becomes necessary at times to turn off a VPN on your preferred devices. That said, you should disable it for a short while, otherwise, you may face various cyber threats like hacking, phishing attacks, privacy invasion, identity theft, etc.
Read this post in detail to discover how you can temporarily disable your VPN service on your desired devices.
How to disable a VPN on Windows 7, 10, and other versions?
Fortunately, you can disable a VPN service on your Windows 7, 10, or other versions without any hassle. Here is what you should do:
- Go to the settings app using the Start menu
- Open Network & Internet
- Now select VPN from the left-hand menu
- Click on the VPN provider name that’s installed on your computer and click on the Disconnect or Remove option.
How to disconnect a VPN service on Mac?
You can follow these simple steps to deactivate a VPN service on your Mac device:
- Go to System Preferences then select Network
- Choose your VPN connection using the left panel
- Click Disconnect to disable a VPN service on a Mac device
How to disable a VPN provider on Android?
Like Windows and Mac, you have to follow some simple steps on an Android device to disable a VPN service. Here is what you should do:
- Go to Settings > Wireless & networks
- Click VPN service of your choice
- Click Disconnect to continue disabling the VPN service
How to switch off a VPN service on iOS?
If you want to disable a VPN service on your iOS device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General
- Click VPN
- Toggle off or change the VPN status to Not Connected
When should I disable my VPN?
It is better to use a VPN all the time. However, there are situations where turning off a VPN is a good idea. These situations are:
- When you have to troubleshoot network issues
- You need to access content that is available to your local physical location
- You are setting up an internet connection for the first time on your device
What happens If I disconnect my VPN?
When you disable a VPN service on your devices be it Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS, your data is no longer encrypted and secure. Likewise, your original IP address will be exposed to ISPs, hackers, and other cyber goons.
Similarly, you cannot access your desired geo-restricted content on your preferred devices if you deactivate a VPN service.
Why should I keep my VPN turned on all the time?
You should always keep your VPN service turned on due to various reasons. A VPN keeps you secure and anonymous over the web. This way, you can evade different notorious elements like hackers, snoopers, identity thieves, and other cybercriminals appropriately.
When sending financial transactions online, you should use a VPN service to secure yourself from hacking and other cyber threats. Apart from this, a VPN’s role comes in handy when you want to use a public Wi-Fi network without compromising your privacy.
A VPN also allows you to access the geo-restricted content not available in your country. Therefore, you have every reason to enable a VPN on your devices to secure your digital footprints comprehensively.
Summing up, you can turn off a VPN on different devices quickly. Once you have followed all the steps mentioned above appropriately, you will not face any difficulty while disabling the VPN service installed on your mobile or desktop devices.