Is your Twitter blocked? If you are looking to unblock Twitter, you will be glad to know that you are now part of the global war against cyber censorship. There are many tools at your disposal to access Twitter from anywhere.
These include VPN services, proxies, DNS and a host of other options. We will be taking you through all of these options and help you select the most viable option to unblock Twitter. So let’s get started.
Which Countries Block Twitter?
Blocking Twitter by governments is still a thing even in the 21st century. Here are some of the countries that have blocked Twitter:
- China: The country has blocked China since 2009 and is completely blocked to this day. The reason why China blocked Twitter is when this platform was used by the Chinese Muslims minority to exchange information that resulted in riots.
- Iran: The Twitter service is blocked in Iran since 2009 after presidential elections. Despite the ban, the Iranian President ‘Hassan Rouhani’ still owns a Twitter account with 1.1 Million followers.
- North Korea: It is hard to find an open internet in North Korea. Even if you find one, you won’t be able to unblock any foreign website let alone Twitter.
How to Unblock Twitter from Anywhere
Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to unblock Twitter website or app from anywhere in the world:
- Subscribe to our top VPNs (PureVPN or Surfshark)
- Download and install their apps
- Enter Username and Password
- Now connect to US server
- Once connected, open Twitter website and start using it
How does a VPN unblock Twitter
Instead of messing around and jeopardizing user security and data privacy, a VPN simply switches your IP address and routes your data through an ultra-secure VPN server under the cover of the new IP address.
Your ISP (and anybody else who processes your data packet) thinks you belong to the country in which the VPN server is located. Same goes for Twitter, as it recognizes your location to be that of the VPN server, hence allowing you access.
How to Unblock Twitter with Proxy
A proxy website enables you to access blocked websites, but unlike a VPN this is not a reliable solution. Your IP address is easily tracked by the government. In this case, you can get in trouble.
Here’s a list of some proxy servers that can help you unblock Twitter:
- Proxy Site – https://www.proxysite.com
- Hide Me Proxy – https://hide.me/en/proxy
- Kproxy – https://kproxy.com
- Proxy Free – https://www.proxfree.com/proxy/Zend 2 – https://zend2.com
- Proxy Turbo – https://proxyturbo.com
- Hide My Ass Proxy – https://www.hidemyass.com/proxy
- Filter Bypass – https://www.filterbypass.me/
- Proxy Server – https://www.proxyserver.com/
- Smart DNS Proxy – https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
- Free Proxy Server- https://www.freeproxyserver.co/
How to Unblock Twitter at School
Schools and offices often restrict the use of websites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Vimeo, Yahoo, Gmail, VK, Reddit, Pinterest, Google and LinkedIn in an attempt to increase productivity or prevent children from being distracted or cyberbullying.
Here are the steps you need to follow that unblocks Twitter:
- Subscribe to either PureVPN or Surfshark (Our recommended VPN providers)
- Download and Install their apps after you have subscribed
- Login with your Username and Password
- Connect to US server available on the app
- Now open the Twitter website and enjoy tweeting!
There are several ways to unblock Twitter using a VPN that works in school. Other ways to unblock Twitter is by:
Using a Proxy server
If a firewall is blocking you, the use of these proxy list can be useful, because the firewall blocks your IP address or an IP range.
Restart Your Modem
If you have a dynamic IP address assigned by your ISP, restarting the modem will assign you a new IP address. So if the firewall has blocked your IP address, getting a new one will unblock you from the website. This will only work if your IP address isn’t blocked as well.
Use Google Cache
Google cache is a good method to view a website, when you just want to view some information. It is basically a backup of the site archived by Google.
Use the IP address of the URL
Simply go to settings > cmd
Type “ping” (domain name).com > press enter
An IP address will appear, copy that address on your browser and press enter.
How to Unblock Twitter in China
How to Unblock Twitter in Iran
In 2009 during the presidential elections, the Iranian government blocked Twitter and Facebook due to the fear of protests and riots. There were mass protests against the president due to his failure in reviving the country’s economy.
As of now, social media tools are blocked in Iran, as a bigger protest than 2009 took place in December 2017 and continued into 2018. You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to access Twitter in Iran, try them and let us know which one works the best for you!
How is Twitter blocked?
There are several ways through which social media websites are blocked. The most common way in which most countries block Twitter is through DNS poisoning. DNS stands for Domain Name System and is basically the phone book of the internet.
In layman terms, when you type in the name of a website, the text you type is compared against the Domain Name System for the corresponding IP address.
At that moment, you are essentially connected to the system holding the server name that you beckoned for by typing in its domain name. Simply put, the DNS system is a handy way to translate the website names into their corresponding numeric (and obviously difficult to memorize) IP addresses.
DNS poisoning was initially considered to be nothing more than a hacking technique. This happens when you type in a URL, and the Domain Name System recognizes the website name, but since it is poisoned (somebody messed with the host tables), it takes you to a different website. Sounds familiar? Yes, that is how most of the websites are blocked.
With so many options to choose from, the best and most hassle-free way to unblock Twitter or any other website is VPN. However, if you don’t have the time to install or allowed to install VPN a quick solution is to use a proxy service.
Let us know what’s your favorite choice in the comments section below. If you just can’t get enough of the VPN Industry then follow us on Twitter and Facebook and stay updated on the latest news and events.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?