If you are wondering, “Can you put a VPN on an ASUS router in USA”, we have good news for you, as the answer is “yes”! In this ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA, we have explained in detail the process of configuring your ASUS router with the VPN of your choice, for maximum security and privacy on all the devices connected.
You may also wonder, why use a VPN at all? Well, a VPN is a security tool that helps your change the IP address in USA of your device to an IP address of a server that is located elsewhere. Furthermore, it encrypts all the traffic that is produced by the device that is connected to a VPN, so that no one can track the activity logs and use your information for wrongful purposes.
So whichever IP address you would like to change though our recommended reliable VPNs, which are reviewed in this blog, allow you to make the process smooth and swift. Therefore, to learn all there is to know about how to connect ASUS router using the ASUS router VPN server setup in USA, keep reading this blog till the very end.
ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA – [Quick Overview]
There are two major steps in this ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA to help configure a VPN on the router. They are as follows:
How to install a VPN on ASUS router in USA? Step by Step guide
Read the steps mentioned in the upcoming subsections to learn how to connect ASUS router to a VPN in USA.
1. Download the VPN configuration files
- Navigate to the homepage of the ExpressVPN website. From there, go to the setup page. You will be prompted to enter your ExpressVPN login credentials. Type in your credentials.
- Type in the verification code that will be sent to your respective email.
- Find the screen that shows the list of OpenVPN configuration files, your username, and your password. The OpenVPN protocol will already have been chosen for you.
- Select the location(s) you want access to and proceed to download the .ovpn files(s).
2. Configure your ASUS router
- Log in using the username of your router and the designated password.
- Click the option “VPN” available in the sidebar.
- Click on the “VPN Client” tab found at the top.
- Select the tab labeled “OpenVPN” and fill in the details required, including description, username, and password. Then import the configuration files using the “Import .ovpn files“.
- Click on the “Activate” option to kickstart the VPN.
- Check whether the VPN is connected by checking the location and the IP address details.
- Try with a different OpenVPN configuration in case the process fails.
- Upload another OpenVPN configuration file if you want to change the VPN location. This will require you to enter your OpenVPN configuration username and password. Next, you can click on the “Apply” option seen at the bottom to switch the VPN on.
And that concludes all the steps which are essential for the ASUS router VPN setup guide.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to install on ASUS router in USA (our recommendation)
- Speed on routers: up to 3 Gbps
- Total number of servers: 3000+ servers in 94+ countries
- Speed: 89.42 Mbps for downloads, and 84.64 Mbps for uploads
- Simultaneous connections: 5
- Bandwidth: unlimited Ultra HD streaming
- Security: DDoS protection
ExpressVPN is amongst the most secure and fastest VPN services in USA to install on your ASUS router in USA since it has advanced security features built right in. There are 3000+ servers located in 94+ countries. In order to maintain an uninterrupted connection with VPN on routers in USA that belong to ASUS, and ensure 100% anonymity, you may configure ExpressVPN on them.
ExpressVPN is a VPN service that facilitates security and privacy with multiple advanced protocols, including 256-bit AES encryption, a kill switch, Threat Manager, a no-logs policy, and OpenVPN.
While configuring ExpressVPN on your router in USA, you are free to choose the server locations from the many available. Once you connect to these servers, you will be able to access all the websites available in the respective regions. What makes this easier is ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer feature that helps with bypassing geo-restrictions and censorship.
When you install ExpressVPN on ASUS router in USA, it is made possible to safely access even the most strictly geo-restricted services like Netflix, Disney Plus, and BBC iPlayer from the locations you have selected. The videos you get to stream are all available in HD and 4K video quality.
In addition to superb streaming quality, the VPN also promotes exceptional download and upload speeds, as evidenced by the ExpressVPN speed test in USA results. With the results, we discovered that the download speed was 89.42 Mbps and the upload speed was 84.64 Mbps. The ping rate was also observed to be negligible, at 110 ms.
In addition to being highly compatible with all regularly used operating systems like Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and Mac, ExpressVPN demonstrates support for numerous prominent router brands and become the best VPN for Tomato in USA, Linksys in USA, and Netgear. Furthermore, you get to use the same ExpressVPN subscription to connect up to 5 devices simultaneously!
ExpressVPN’s best-selling package is available for the reasonable cost of $6.67/mo (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). You can take advantage of ExpressVPN free trial in USA which is extended over 7 days to see if it is right for you. In addition, a 30-day money-back guarantee is always in place for refunds for any unsatisfied customers. If there are any problems with ExpressVPN, you can contact the company at any time through their 24/7 live chat feature.
Read more about speeds, security, and compatibility in our detailed ExpressVPN review USA as the best VPN for ASUS router in USA on our blog.
- Supports ASUS routers
- Secured with 256- AES encryption and a no-logs policy
- Unblock major geo-restricted platforms with MediaStreamer
- Lightning speeds for ultra-fast connections
- Easy to use
- The monthly subscription fee may not be affordable to all
FAQs – ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA
Does ASUS router have a free VPN in USA?
Yes, ASUS routers have a free VPN by the name of Instant Guard. It comes built-in so you do not need an ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA for it. ASUS claims that it is a user-friendly VPN that is free of cost and can be set up with a single click. No prior VPN or router configuration knowledge is required with Instant Guard by ASUS.
Why do I need a VPN with my ASUS Router in USA?
Getting a VPN for your ASUS router and configuring it using the ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA is needed if you want to add an extra touch of security to your router’s network. While using a VPN with your router gives you all the usual VPN benefits, it comes with the bonus of securing all the devices on your router’s network, even those that originally do not support VPNs.
How to set up L2TP on an ASUS router in USA?
Here’s how to set up L2TP on an ASUS router in USA:
- Go to the Advanced Settings box and click the VPN option.
- Click the tab that says VPN client.
- Click the button labeled Add Profile in the VPN client tab.
- Select the option for L2TP and enter the details of your VPN connection, including description, name, etc.
- Click on the button labeled Activate to enable.
We hope this ASUS router VPN setup guide in USA included all you need to know about how to use ASUS router VPN in USA. It is recommended by our experts that you get a VPN installed on your router so that all the devices connected to it can benefit from the extra layer of security and enjoy access to all the geo-restricted sites that were previously not available.
According to our research, ExpressVPN is the best VPN to help with ASUS router setup in USA, because not only is it a super secure VPN service, it brings some of the fastest connection speeds in the entire VPN industry. Other of its irresistible features include amazing discounts on subscription plans, a 7-day free trial, and up to 5 simultaneous device connections.
If you want us to include more questions and details in the ASUS router VPN setup guide, drop them in the comment section below.