Argentina is a country that boasts a high degree of online freedom and minimal obstacles to Internet access. Nonetheless, the threat of cybercriminals in Argentina continues to be high, as the bitcoin mining case in a Starbucks cafe in Bueno Aires bears testament to. At the same time, there are the ever-present geo-restriction issues that prevent access to streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
For all these issues, there’s a single solution in the form of VPN services.
PureVPN is the best VPN for Argentina as it provides privacy against hackers, data breaches, while giving access to regionally restricted websites at a single click. Its also one of the best bitcoin VPNs of 2020.
6 Best VPNs for Argentina
Following are the top 6 VPNs that work in Argentinian cyberspace bringing unrestricted access to the web:
PureVPN offers 12 servers in Argentina, Buenos Aires in a vast network of a total of 2,000+ servers in 140+ countries. This VPN is suited for Argentina because it combines strong unblocking capabilities with robust encryption for keeping hackers at bay. It uses AES 256 encryption and valuable features like ad-blockers to prevent anyone from tracking you online.
You can also use PureVPN to unblock streaming platforms like BBC iPlayer and Netflix inArgentina. This makes it a good choice if unblocking streaming is your primary concern. A single subscription lets you simultaneously connect to 5 devices.
PureVPN also comes equipped with split-tunneling and killswitch which ensure that your identity remains hidden on the web while allowing you greater control over the traffic that you want to route through a VPN. If you need unblock streaming services and staying under the radar of cybercriminals in Argentina, PureVPN is one of the most reliable options out there, especially considering the $1.32/mo price tag. This is why PureVPN has many positive reviews. Due to its highly affordable cost, it is the best price VPN of 2019.
- 2,000+ servers geographically distributed in 140+ countries
- Offers OpenVPN, IKEv2, SSTP, PPTP, and L2TP protocols
- Money refund policy for 31 days
- Establishing connection might take multiple attempts
Surfshark is a an excellent privacy-enhancing tool with servers in Argentina. These servers are extremely secure and along with the no-logs policy of the provider, you get a high level of privacy from rogue elements lurking on the web . The greatest aspect of this provider is its powerful AES-256 bit encryption, IP masking, DNS leak protection, along with innovative features like Multi-Hop and CleanWeb.
It is also exceptionally effective at unblocking restricted websites like US Netflix. So, if there are some Netflix shows you aren’t getting in Argentina, connect to a Surfshark US server. Problem solved! This is why Surfshark enjoys a good reputation among reviewers.
- Supports unlimited devices
- Strong set of security mechanisms
- Works with Netflix, Hulu, etc.
- Relatively small server size
NordVPN offers 21 servers in Argentina. Overall, NordVPN has one of the largest network of servers in the VPN industry with 5,000+ servers in 59+ countries. All of these servers strongly encrypted using technologies such as Double VPN and CyberSec. This makes it tailor-made for Argentinians that need better online security from hackers.
- Excellent security features (CyberSec, Double VPN)
- Huge server network of 5,000+ servers
- Enabling double VPN can affect server speeds
ExpressVPN consists of 3,000+ servers in 94 countries, including Argentina. From speed to security, it has everything you need in a VPN for countries like Argentina. Its military grade encryption rules out the possibility of brute-force attacks compromising the security of your data and/or devices, if any malicious user tries to breach your privacy.
The no-log policy and automatic kill switch are additional features that are particularly important for users seeking security, such as those worried about the invasion of public Wi-Fi from cybercriminals in Argentina. The provider has a strong reputation among users and reviewers alike for its privacy features.
ExpressVPN is also extremely efficient when it comes to streaming movies with VPN on platforms such as Hulu and Netflix, irrespective of your location. If you can bear the high cost of this VPN ( $6.67/mo ), then there is very little chance you will regret it for use in Argentina.
- Fast servers
- Military-grade security
- Expensive pricing
CyberGhost has 10 servers in Argentina. These servers can be utilized by expatriates who want to access geo-restricted local websites from abroad. For users within Argentina, the 5,500+ server network is outstandingly efficient for gaining access to websites normally restricted in Argentina because of legal issues.
Although CyberGhost doesn’t offer any out-of-the-box extra features, it is nonetheless quite safe from the privacy standpoint. The provider has a zero-logs policy and publishes transparency reports every year. As such, if you are an Argentinian that wants better privacy in the precarious digital age of today, CyberGhost is a VPN you can count on, as discussed in its review.
You can get this VPN for $2.25/mo . A single CyberGhost account offers 7 simultaneous connections and 45-day money back guarantee.
- 5,500 servers in 61 countries
- Supports torrents
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Average speeds
Ivacy does not offer any servers within Argentina. However, it has servers in the neighboring countries i.e Chile and Brazil. You can use these servers if you want good pings and fast speeds while acquiring better online privacy within Argentina.
There are a total of 1,000+ servers in 100+ countries within Ivacy’s network. These servers are great to bypass geo-restrictions on foreign websites and streaming platforms. Ivacy works well with services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and more for users in Argentina. The VPN is rated highly in expert reviews for this reason.
On the privacy front, Ivacy offers features such as DNS secure, IPv6 leak, and other kill switch. If you’re concerned about cybercriminals in Argentina hunting for your private data on the internet, Ivacy’s AES-encryption coupled with these features can significantly enhance your security.
The provider also offers multiple p2p-optimized servers that unblock torrent websites and maintain your security from snoopers and trackers. At a price of $2.25/mo , Ivacy is a solid package of privacy and censorship-defeating technology for Argentinian users.
- Good for streaming and torrenting
- Excellent logging policy
- Fast servers
- Relatively small server size
Best Free VPN for Argentina
Free VPNs are generally not recommended because of inherent security flaws and shady policies that many free providers are marked by. However, there are some reliable free providers that you can get for Argentina. These include:
Although none of these VPNs have servers in Argentina, you can use the few offshore servers they offer to attain better privacy and even unblock some (but not all) geo-restricted websites and streaming services. However, for complete functionality, you will have to use a paid VPN service.
Why do you need a VPN in Argentina?
The fact that Argentina is committed to protecting the right of citizens to online privacy and freedom of speech implies that people might not really a need a VPN in the country after all.
That may be true, but the fact is that there are still a couple of good reasons for using a VPN in Argentina:
- Bypass geo-restrictions: The problem of geo-restrictions is something that all streaming enthusiasts are familiar with. You might be a fan of US Netflix and Hulu but have no way of getting these services in Argentina. If that’s the case, simply flip the switch on your VPN and you can gain instant access to these geo-restricted sites.
- Enhanced security: The dangerous thing about cybercrime is that it is not bound by borders: it is present everywhere including Argentina. In fact, hackers breached the laptops of users in a Buenos Aires Starbucks outlet in 2017. Public Wi-Fi networks are easy to hack, but VPNs can create a lot of difficulties for even experienced hackers.
- Stronger privacy: ISPs in Argentina are not required to store user data, nor is there any publicly known surveillance program going on in Argentina. A controversial data retention law was passed in 2003 which was deemed unconstitutional in 2009 and subsequently annulled. Nonetheless, it is always wise to keep your privacy within your own hands, and this is something that VPNs empower users to do.
- Safe torrenting: Argentina was one of th first countries in South American to ban torrent websites like ThePirateBay. There are copyright infringement laws in Argentina, but torrenting itself isn’t legal. Moreover, there are no news of people being fined for download torrents in Argentina. In spite of these facts, it is always better to hide your identity while downloading torrents to avoid getting into legal troubles.
Disclaimer: VPNRanks does not encourage nor condone copyright infringement.
How to choose the right VPN?
The following are some of the key features that you must bear in mind when shopping for an Argentina VPN:
- Protocols and Encryption: Protocol and encryption matter when you come down to brass tacks. Make sure that OpenVPN and IKEv2 protocols are available at the minimum and you have got at least 256-bit encryption to keep hackers away.
- Server spread: A large server network directly translates into better performance and speeds, because there is less chance of any given server being overcrowded by a large number of users.
- Plans and Pricing: Ensure that the plans and pricing are affordable and do not place limitations on using/switching between the VPN servers and bandwidth.
- Connection Speeds: Connection speed plays a crucial role in determining the quality of a VPN. Make sure the VPN offers fast enough speeds to support functions such as streaming and torrenting. Check out the fastest VPNs for more information.
- Device/Platform Compatibility & Tutorials: This factor is critical if you plan on using your VPN subscription over multiple platforms and devices.
Popular Argentina-based Streaming Services
Argentina is fortunate in that a lot of the popular streaming apps and services are available in the country. These include:
- Google Play Music
- Apple Music
A VPN with Argentina IP can get you access to all these services. There is, however, a catch with Netflix. Although it is available in Argentina, you won’t be getting the full range of titles that are present in the US Netflix library. To gain access to that, you must use a VPN that has been tested to unblock US Netflix.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?