Want to know which is the best VPN for iPad in Spain? Here, we’ll discuss the five best VPNs for Apple’s iOS, how to get started with one, and where to find the necessary downloads if the VPN doesn’t have an official app available in the App Store.
Though Apple’s iOS is renowned for its safety, no mobile platform is completely protected from internet dangers. Using a VPN on an iPad is a great way to increase security.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for iPad and iOS devices in Spain as it provides the most secure browsing environment by changing your IP address in Spain. Apart from that it uses the latest technology and protocols to offer high-level protection for its users
Using ExpressVPN you can access geo-restricted content from services like HBO, Netflix, or Disney+. We have handpicked the best VPNs that work best with iPad and other devices as well so that you can secure your devices and enjoy additional benefits. Listed below is a comprehensive rundown, keep reading!
Best VPN for iPad in Spain – Quick Overview
Short on time? Take a look at the best VPN for iPad in Spain in 2023:
- ExpressVPN – Overall best VPN for iPad in Spain– Excellent VPN service with 3000+ servers that are compatible with iOS 12 and above, blazing-fast speeds, and robust security features. Also includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – Budget-Friendly VPN for iPad – Offers budget-friendly subscription plans. Has speedy 3200+ Servers, and the ability to unblock geo-blocked streaming platforms while being compatible with iOS 10.3. 3 and above.
- NordVPN – Most Secure VPN Service for iPad in Spain – This VPN offers advanced security features, a large network of 5500+ servers, a no-logs policy, and is compatible with iOS 11.0 or later.
- PIA – Great VPN to Stream on iPad – Offers 35000+ servers to Use on iPad – A huge network of servers with good speeds for streaming. 10 multi-logins, and compatibility with iOS 12.1 and above.
- CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for iPad in Spain – Easy-to-use VPN for iOS versions 13.2 and above. 9700+ Servers and Value option with dedicated activity modes. A 45-day money-back guarantee is offered with every plan.
Why Do I Need a VPN for IPad in Spain?
There are a number of compelling arguments in favor of utilizing a VPN on an Apple iPad or iPhone. You may use it to encrypt your data with a military-grade cipher and mask your IP address. Here are a few additional features to show why you need a VPN for iPad in Spain:
Guaranteed Security and Privacy
Although Apple regularly updates iOS’s built-in privacy tools, the operating system is not totally safe from cyber threats. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you take measures to further ensure your own safety. Powerful VPNs may shield your online activities from prying eyes, such as that of your ISP or the websites you visit.
Using a VPN on your iPad also allows you to avoid geographically-based restrictions. You can view your regular shows while away from home thanks to the compatibility of most VPNs with major streaming services like Netflix and BBC iPlayer.
Ad-Free Web Surfing
As iPad users, we’ve all experienced the frustration of being bombarded by adverts while trying to enjoy our time online. They not only have a negative impact on the user’s experience, but they can also direct them to malicious sites that steal personal information. A fortunate solution to this problem is the availability of paid VPN services that include Ad Blockers.
Reduced Usage of Data
Web trackers are used by nearly every website and are intended to aid in the optimization of such websites. Text, photos, and any supplementary content require a significant amount of data to download. You may avoid being tracked online and save data by using a VPN on your iPad.
5 Best VPNs For IPad In Spain In 2023 [In-Depth Analysis]
Want the best VPN for iPad in Spain? Well, don’t worry. We tested 100+ affordable VPN services in Spain for iOS, checking their compatibility, speeds, security, unblocking capabilities, and logging policy. Among these, the following 05 VPNs lived up to our criteria and got listed as the best options for iPad below:
1. ExpressVPN – Overall best VPN for iPad in Spain
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries.
- 5 Simultaneous Connections
- MediaStreamer feature
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Best Price: EUR 6.21/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for iPad in Spain. ExpressVPN is super-easy to configure and use, allowing connecting to 3000+ servers in 94 countries.
ExpressVPN’s worldwide servers make it the best VPN for streaming in Spain as it can easily unblock geo-restricted streaming sites. While testing on iPad using the New York Server, we could access various streaming platforms, like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus. Apart from just these platforms, it is the best VPN to unblock HBO Max and Amazon Prime.
According to the ExpressVPN speed test in Spain, the maximum download speed with ExpressVPN was 92.26 Mbps, while the maximum upload speed was 89.45 Mbps. ExpressVPN supports 05 simultaneous connections.
The VPN offers a dedicated app for multiple iPad versions including iOS 12, 13, 14, and 15. This iOS app equips multi-language support – meaning it’s available in 17 different languages.
ExpressVPN provides AES-256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DNS/IPv6 leak protection, split tunneling, and TrustedServer technology. ExpressVPN’s no-logging policy in Spain ensures that the VPN will not collect user data or activity logs. Its Threat Manager blocks all intrusive ads with a single tap.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN that allows you to connect to multiple devices and operating systems including Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and devices like Roku, PS4, Xbox, and Smart TVs.
ExpressVPN is available for just EUR 6.21/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try it risk-free. You can also use the ExpressVPN free trial for 7 days on iOS. ExpressVPN offers 24/7 live chat support if you’re facing any issues
For a detailed guide about this VPN, go through our ExpressVPN review Spain.
- User-friendly apps for iPad and other iOS devices
- Threat Manager and kill switch
- Unblock all famous streaming platforms
- Servers in 94 countries
- Ultra-fast downloading and streaming speeds
- 30 Days money-back guarantee
- Five multi-logins
- No free version
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for iPad
- 3200+ Servers in 100 countries.
- Unlimited Simultaneous Connections
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Whitelisting and HTTPS encryption options
- Best Price: EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS
Surfshark is a super-affordable VPN for iPad and iOS devices. It’s available at the cost of EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-days refund policy and a 7-day free trial for iOS and Android devices. This means that you can try the VPN out for 7 days or an entire month on your iPad, as per your preference.
Surfshark offers 3200+ VPN servers in 100 countries, so you can unblock streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max and more. Surfshark supports unlimited connections on a single subscription. We connected the New York server which is the best for unblocking.
An overall download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps were measured during the Surfshark speed test in Spain.
The VPN offers compatibility with iPadOS 10.3.3 or above to use on multiple versions of your iPad. You can download its app from the App Store. The app supports 16+ languages which is a brilliant feature.
Surfshark offers a stringent no-logs policy. It offers DNS/IP leaks prevention, AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, CleanWeb, a no-logs policy, multiHop, and more. It also offers the Camouflage Mode, which hides your VPN traffic and makes it seem like regular internet traffic.
Surfshark offers apps for Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS. It is flexible to work with Roku, apart from this it is considered to be the best VPN to work with Kodi and Firestick, and a range of routers.
There is 24/7 live chat and email support available on Surfshark’s website in case you need assistance. For a detailed guide about this VPN, go through our Surfshark review in Spain.
- Affordable pricing plans.
- Compatible with Apple devices, including iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Unblocks popular streaming websites on iPad.
- A 7-day free trial is available for iPad.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- A bit little network as compared to competitors.
3. NordVPN – Secure VPN Service for iPad
- 5500+ Servers in 60 countries
- 6 Simultaneous Connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for streaming
- Onion over VPN and Double VPN
- Best Price: EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
NordVPN is the most secure VPN for iOS devices, including iPad. NordVPN equips a server count of 5500+ servers in 60 countries, which is extremely reliable for unblocking geo-blocked content.
Using NordVPN, we could easily unblock streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer with NordVPN on iPad and enjoy watching their content. NordVPN supports 06 simultaneous connections at one time. We used New York Server # 5339 which is the most compatible for unblocking.
The results of the NordVPN speed test in Spain indicate a maximum connection speed of 100 Mbps, with a download data speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload data speed of 44.64 Mbps.
NordVPN is compatible with iPad 11.0 and above. Its app is available in 5 different languages and doesn’t require manual configuration.
NordVPN offers security features such as obfuscation technology, military-grade encryption, and a kill switch to keep users secure on their iPads. Apart from this they also include a kill switch, Onion over VPN, and AES 256-bit encryption. Its DoubleVPN feature encrypts your data twice for additional security.
NordVPN has a strict no-logs policy in place. Advanced can enjoy various protocols, including OpenVPN, NordLynx, IKEv2, L2TP, and more.
NordVPN offers apps for various operating systems like Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux. It also covers devices including Roku, Firestick, and more.
NordVPN is available for EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-days refund policy as well. NordVPN offers free trial in Spain for 7 days on iOS and Android. You can also use its 24/7 live chat support for technical assistance.
For a detailed guide about this VPN, go through our NordVPN review in Spain.
- Dedicated macOS and iOS apps.
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Unblocks geo-restricted platforms like HBO Max, Netflix, and BBC iPlayer
- Extensive server network
- The sign-up requires an email address
4. PIA – Great VPN to Stream on iPad
- 35000+ servers in 84 countries
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- Supports Torrenting, Webcam Blocking and Anti-Tracking Tools are available
- Best Price: EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
PIA is a good choice to enjoy streaming on iPad – It probably has one of the biggest server networks of 35000+ servers in 84 countries.
The New York server helped us with the seamless unblocking of streaming platforms, including Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, Peacock TV, and more. PIA supports 10 simultaneous connections on a single subscription.
PIA speed test reports an average data speed of 65.78 Mbps for download and 57.16 Mbps for upload.
The PIA’s app interface is user-friendly and simple to use. It works with iPadOS 12.1 or later and is available in 18 different languages.
The VPN offers a strict no-logs policy, AES 256-bit encryption, a kill switch, and more. It also offers PIA MACE – an ad-blocker that blocks all malware, trackers, and ads. PIA has dedicated servers to support split tunneling and torrenting in Spain.
PIA works on 10 different devices including Mac, Android, Windows, Linux, Kodi, Roku, FireStick, and more apart from your iPad.
PIA costs EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) . All plans are backed with a 30-day refund policy and a 7-day free trial on mobile devices. There is also 24/7 customer support in case you need assistance.
For a detailed guide about this VPN, go through our PIA review in Spain.
- SOCKS5 proxy and port forwarding
- Unblocks Netflix on iPad
- Decent interface for iPad users
- 10 simultaneous connections
- 30-day refund guarantee
- In-consistently unblocks streaming platforms
- No free trial
5. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for iPad in Spain
- 9700+ Servers in 91 countries
- 7 Simultaneous Connections
- Streaming Optimized Servers
- Smart DNS feature is available
- Best Price: EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS
CyberGhost is a user-friendly easy-to-use VPN that’s great for both novice and advanced iPad users. CyberGhost has the largest server network with 9700+ servers in 91+ countries.
We tried the New York server of CyberGhost to enjoy watching the content online. We unblocked Disney+, Amazon Prime US, ABC iview, and ORF. You can connect up to 7 simultaneous devices using a single subscription.
CyberGhost speed test in Spain reveals you can get up to 75.47 Mbps download and 69.34 Mbps upload speed.
This VPN is compatible with iPad 13.2 and above. Its app is available in 16 different languages. CyberGhost offers a fool-proof no-logging policy, DNS/IP leak protection, a kill switch, AES 256-bit encryption, and an ad-blocker called CyberSec that blocks all malicious ads and websites.
CyberGhost is flexible enough to work seamlessly with Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, Roku, Kodi, Smart TVs, and a range of routers.
CyberGhost offers a decent price of EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) with an extraordinary 45-day refund policy. There is also 24/7 live chat support in case you need assistance and a 7-day free trial for iOS.
For a detailed guide about this VPN, go through our CyberGhost review in Spain.
- Plenty of iOS-compatible servers throughout the world
- Excellent WireGuard speeds
- Modern, sleek, and user-friendly iPad apps
- Unblocks geo-restricted streaming services easily
- Not available in China
- A few servers take time to connect
Testing Methodology: How we tested these best iPad VPN in Spain
To find the best VPN for iPad in Spain, we had to test multiple options for this iOS device. After rigorous testing, we were confident enough to jot down the best iPad VPNs on our list. Here is the testing methodology using which we tested the VPNs:
- iOS client: Most VPNs for iPads and other iOS devices offer limited features due to Apple’s robust privacy restrictions. We tested and listed the VPNs that provide users with a complete experience even on iPad. So, you can enjoy all the advanced features.
- Speed: We ran several tests on most VPN servers to check if they offer fast speeds. All the VPNs listed above are the fastest VPN services that offer reliable and great speeds to users on all major servers.
- Security and Privacy: All the VPNs above offer the best security features. These include a kill switch, DNS leak protection, AES 256-bit encryption, and OpenVPN protocols. These secure VPNs also have a strict no-logs policy, ensuring they do not collect user logs.
- Torrenting: We ensured that every VPN we jot down is P2P-friendly and offers optimized servers for torrenting. This way, you can enjoy downloading torrents and unblocking torrent sites.
- Accessibility: We ensured that our listed VPNs could unblock all geo-restricted streaming services, like Hotstar, CraveTV, BT Sport, ORF, and Sky Sports in the US.
- Price: You may expect to pay more for premium VPN service. Fortunately, there are excellent VPN providers whose services can be availed for reasonable prices.
Side-by-Side Comparison of the Best VPNs for iPad and iOS in Spain in 2023
|iOS Compatibility||iOS 12 and above||iOS 10.3. 3 and above||iOS 11.0 and above||iOS 13.2 and above||iOS 11.0 and above|
|Security||AES 256 Bit||AES 256 Bit||AES 256 Bit||AES 256-bit||AES 256-bit|
|Servers||3000+ in 94 Countries||3200+ in 100 Countries||5500+ in 60 Countries||9700+ in 91 Countries||35000+ servers in 84 Countries|
|Streaming||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and More||Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and More|
|Compatibility with Other Devices||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, routers||Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, routers|
|Pricing||EUR 6.21/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)||EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo)||EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo)|
|Torrenting Support||All Servers||All Servers||All Servers (Special optimized P2P servers included)||All Servers (Special optimized P2P servers included)||All Servers|
|Read More||ExpressVPN Review||Surfshark Review||NordVPN Review||CyberGhost Review||PIA Review|
Can You Use a Free VPN with iPad in Spain?
Yes, you can use Free VPNs with iPad in Spain for performing activities but we do not advocate using Free VPNs as they have downsides. Hunting a Free VPN that provides you with the best experience on iPad for streaming or gaming etc. is really tough.
Let’s see why we do not want you to use a free VPN in Spain.
- Some free VPNs allow the authorities to monitor user activities in cyberspace.
- Free VPNs implant trackers to track your activity behavior which they encash by selling it to third parties.
- Free VPNs may spread viruses by placing unknown malware inside your system.
- Utilizing a free VPN may increase your exposure to pop-up ads and video ads. Using those ads your surfing data is sold to shady parties to earn profit.
- Free VPNs may hijack your browser which can push you to visit unwanted sites.
- Free VPNs usually only support a few tunneling technologies. PPTP may be one. You find security holes and endanger your online anonymity.
How to Set Up a VPN on iPad in Spain
There are two ways to set up a VPN on an iPad: Automatic and Manual. Let’s check them out below:
- Set up a VPN on iPad [Automatic Guide]
- Set up a VPN on iPad [Manual Guide]
Set up a VPN on iPad [Automatic Guide]
Follow the steps below to configure a VPN on your iPad through the app:
- Go to the App Store and search for the VPN you selected (We highly recommend using ExpressVPN).
- Install the ExpressVPN app.
- Once installed, navigate to the app.
- Launch the app and choose an appropriate server. For example, get a UK server for BBC iPlayer.
- Enjoy streaming on iPad using VPN.
Set up a VPN on iPad [Manual Guide]
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Subscribe to a reliable iPad VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Start your iPad and visit Settings.
- Click on General and go to VPN.
- Tap on Add VPN Configuration…
- Enter the information as required like Type, Description, Server, Remote ID, USername, and Password.
- Click on the VPN Name to connect.
- Connect to the preferred server using the VPN app for iPad.
- Enjoy streaming on an iOS device
VPNs to Avoid in Spain while Accessing iPad?
Here are the VPNs which are not secure to be used on iPad in Spain
It doesn’t provide a good experience working with iOS devices, especially iPads. Hola has the following issues:
- It is a member of the 5 eyes community therefore logs and exposes your information
- Proxy tunneling is absent
- Lacks DNS and IP encryption.
- It doesn’t unblock many platforms including Netflix.
- Doesn’t support torrenting
- Supports fewer devices
- No kills switch
- History of misconduct
Read Hola Review in Spain to know more about it.
Another bad VPN is not compatible with iPads or any other iOS device. It has the following cons.
- Subpar logging methods
- Unreliable security
- Support is unhelpful
- Sever speeds are very poor.
- Lacks the latest protocols.
Read Hoxx Review in Spain to know more about it.
Hide My Ass
The iPad and any other iOS device are incompatible with this VPN service. The following are some of its drawbacks.
- Ancillary concerns with privacy have arisen in the past
- Sluggish server.
- Lacks the latest protocols.
- Unusable in the People’s Republic of China.
- Support emails take too long to respond
Read HMA Review in Spain to know more about it.
FAQs – Best VPN for iPad in Spain
Do iPads have built-in VPNs?
No, Apple devices don’t have a built-in VPN. But a few VPN services in the market work on iPad. Most VPNs work with full-blown computer setups. But, some VPN apps allow you to use SSL VPNs for connecting to the internet, just like the built-in VPN function on the iPad.
Should I install a VPN on my iPad in Spain?
You might want to use a VPN on your iPad if you own it. Why? Because a VPN on your iPad in Spain will ensure secure connections and keep your online activities private.
Can I use an iOS VPN with other devices in Spain?
Yes, most premium VPNs in Spain are compatible with all major devices other than iOS . These VPNs include ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN. However, ExpressVPN is our best bet. This VPN can secure and support all iOS devices, Android, Smart TVs, Windows, etc., and offers 5 simultaneous connections.
Does VPN drain the battery on iPad?
If you are running a VPN in the background, then it will consume your battery. When a VPN is turned on, it maintains a connection with the VPN server. This draws power for processing and keeping wireless connections secure.
Which VPN does Apple recommend?
ExpressVPN is currently the overall best VPN. We evaluated the VPNs based on their performance in three main categories: security features, speed, and price. ExpressVPN is not the cheapest VPN, but it’s the most secure and fastest VPN service.
What is the safest VPN for iPad in Spain?
ExpressVPN is the safest VPN on our list for iPad in Spain. The VPN equips AES 256-bit encryption to keep your activities secure at all times. It further offers multiple features like a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and TrustedServer technology that combine and offer the best security services in the market.
Should VPN be turned on my iPad?
Even on iPads, VPNs are necessary for your security and privacy. Fortunately, there are several excellent choices that operate without a hitch on iPad and protect you when connecting to a public Wi-Fi network.
If you ask us, then we’d recommend ExpressVPN for iPad.
What is the best VPN to use on iPad in Spain?
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to use on iPad in Spain as it has both great software and a wide variety of servers, making it the best VPN for iPad. Netflix binge-watching and data privacy both benefit from its use. With its 05 simultaneous connections, you may use it with a slew of iPads and other Apple products.
Can I watch Netflix on an iPad with a VPN in Spain?
Yes by utilizing a reliable VPN in Spain, Netflix can be watched on an iPad. To accomplish this, you’ll need a VPN service that supports streaming on iPads, like ExpressVPN, which has a huge number of servers, and quick connections which are specialized in unblocking.
In this article, we have recommended the Best VPN for iPad in Spain. The evaluated VPNs have strong security, good user reviews on iTunes, unblock streaming services, and more.
We recommend ExpressVPN as the best VPN for iPad for streaming and security purposes. It offers 256-bit encryption that keeps your online activity secure from outsiders, and also it has a 3-month free subscription available on its annual plan.