ExpressVPN is one of the most acclaimed VPNs in the New Zealand industry. And truth be told, we love ExpressVPN in New Zealand . But, we understand if the service is not for you. That’s precisely we tested its 30-day money-back guarantee so we could ensure that you get a refund if you don’t vibe with the VPN.
However, with the spiking cyber terrors worldwide, we recommend you don’t stay without a VPN in New Zealand for a long time. If you want an alternative to ExpressVPN, you can try Surfshark – our budget-friendliest VPN offering unlimited multi-logins and excellent security.
But first, we recommend you cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand and get a refund before it’s too late. The hassle-free process only takes a few minutes of your time if you know how to do it.
Quick Guide: How to Cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand & Get a Quick Refund
Here is a quick and easy guide to canceling ExpressVPN in New Zealand and getting a refund:
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account. Visit expressvpn.com. From there, tap on the ‘My Account’ tab present at the top and log in.
- Request a refund. Find the live chat button at the bottom-left and request them to cancel your ExpressVPN account and get a refund.
- Confirm your ExpressVPN refund. You will get your refund in your bank account in a few business days after the refund is confirmed. Ours took 5 days to arrive.
Step-By-Step Guide: How to Cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand and Get a Refund
To get an ExpressVPN refund in New Zealand, here are a few steps to cancel your account:
1. Head over to the ExpressVPN website, click My Account, and log in to your account.
2. Insert your VPN account credentials and log in. You can also log in using a link in your email if that’s easier.
3. Tap on the Live Chat support option on the screen. Getting connected to a live chat representative will only take a few seconds.
4. Request your refund. Since we were canceling our account after 20 days, the agent asked us if we’d like to utilize the VPN for the entire 30 days of the money-back guarantee. Once we denied it, the agent confirmed our refund within 4-5 minutes.
5. Wait for the refund. ExpressVPN ensures to reimburse your amount within 7 days’ time. However, we got our money back in 5 days.
Cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand and Claim a Refund Through Manage Subscription Settings
Here is how you can cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand and claim a refund through the Manage Subscription Settings:
1. Visit ExpressVPN’s website and click ‘My Account’ present at the top-right.
2. Login using your VPN credentials: Email ID and password.
3. Toggle off Automatic Renewal under the Manage Subscription Settings.
4. Contact ExpressVPN’s customer support and request a refund.
5. Once confirmed, you will get your money back within 7 days.
How Do I Cancel an ExpressVPN Subscription in New Zealand on Android?
Canceling your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand on Android is similar to desktop. Previously, ExpressVPN was available for purchase through the Google Play Store. But that’s not the case anymore.
If you have ExpressVPN on your Android device, you must have purchased it through ExpressVPN’s website. And that’s exactly from where you’d cancel it too!
Once you’re done, you can choose any other best Android VPNs in New Zealand for yourself.
How Do I Cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand on iPhone?
For cancelling your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand on iPhone or any other iOS device, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your Apple App Store account that you used to get your ExpressVPN subscription.
2. Visit your list of Subscriptions.
3. Click on Cancel Subscription.
4. Press Confirm.
After that, you’ll require visiting reportaproblem.apple.com to request a refund. As soon as you log in to your account, you’ll be able to see your subscription to ExpressVPN in New Zealand. From there, click ‘Report a Problem’ and ask for a refund. You can inform them about the 30-day money-back guarantee of your VPN in New Zealand, but Apple is not bound to honor that.
You can cancel ExpressVPN’s free trial in New Zealand similarly if you’re using that instead of a full-time subscription. Once you’re done, you can get any other best VPN for iPhone in New Zealand.
How to Cancel ExpressVPN Account in New Zealand if Paid by BitPay?
Please note that customers using BitPay for payment will not be displayed the ‘Manage Settings’ option, and their subscription will terminate when the period is over.
What is the ExpressVPN Money-Back Guarantee in New Zealand?
ExpressVPN’s money-back guarantee lets you cancel your subscription account for whatever reason within 30 days of your initial purchase and provides you with a full refund of the amount you paid.
After the 30-day period, you will not be eligible for a refund. But in some cases, ExpressVPN may provide a pro-rata refund for the time you didn’t use ExpressVPN in New Zealand.
Refund requests will get processed within seven (7) days by ExpressVPN, and the refund amount will be sent in USD only. To request a refund, you can send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact customer service.
Best Alternatives in New Zealand to ExpressVPN
If ExpressVPN isn’t the right match for you in New Zealand, then there are a few excellent alternatives you need to look into:
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN with Unlimited Multi-logins
- NordVPN – Secure VPN with Fast Speeds
- CyberGhost – Large Server Network with Dedicated Streaming Servers
1. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN with Unlimited Multi-logins
Surfshark is one of the most affordable VPNs in the industry. Even with a low price, the VPN offers consistent service in New Zealand with fast speeds and robust security. Surfshark is appropriate for every activity, whether streaming Netflix, torrenting, gaming, or protecting yourself from cyberattacks in New Zealand.
We conducted a Surfshark speed test in New Zealnad and were pretty impressed. The VPN could go on for hours without dropping our speeds below 30%. And its streaming capabilities were AWESOME! For example, we could unblock HBO Max with Surfshark in New Zealand and enjoy streaming without lags.
That’s not all. Surfshark’s unlimited multi-logins let us connect about 50 devices to a single subscription. We connected various devices and operating systems, including Android, iOS, FireStick, Roku, and Smart TV.
But what features does it offer? We recommend you read about them in our detailed Surfshark review in New Zealand. However, here is a quick overview of them below:
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries (including 1 server location in New Zealand)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- AES-256-Bit military-grade encryption
- Internet kill switch, CleanWeb, and MultiHop
Just like ExpressVPN, Surfshark also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in New Zealand. So if you don’t like its service, you can always cancel your Surfshark subscription in New Zealand and claim a refund!
2. NordVPN – Secure VPN with Fast Speeds
NordVPN offers fast speeds along with advanced security features to keep New Zealand users secure. These security features include DNS leak protection which ensures that the VPN doesn’t leak your actual IP address to anyone. In addition, the Threat Protection feature warns you before you click on any malicious links.
While AES 256-bit encryption is known to slow down your speed, NordVPN is an exception. In our NordVPN speed test in New Zealand, the VPN dropped our speeds up to 20% only. You can learn more about the VPN in our NordVPN review NZ. But, here is a quick over of the key features of NordVPN:
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries (including 1 server location in New Zealand)
- Six simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- AES-256-Bit military-grade encryption
- DoubleVPN, Onion Over VPN, and Obfuscated servers
Of course, NordVPN also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee in New Zealand, just like any other premium VPN out there. However, if you don’t find yourself satisfied with the service in New Zealand, you can cancel your NordVPN subscription in New Zealand and get a refund.
3. CyberGhost – Large Server Network with Dedicated Streaming Servers
CyberGhost offers special optimized servers for streaming in its extensive network of 9700+ servers in 91 countries (including 1 server location in New Zealand). Using these servers, you can unblock all your favourite geo-restricted streaming platforms in New Zealand without any chances of errors.
Not just that, dedicated servers are also available for gaming and torrenting in New Zealand, so you can enjoy any activity you like. The speeds of this VPN were great well. According to our CyberGhost speed test, the speed drop was below 30%, which is typical for a VPN service. CyberGhost has many other amazing features that you can read about in our CyberGhost VPN review in New Zealand. However, for a quick read, here are some key features of CyberGhost in New Zealand:
- 9700+ servers in 91 countries (including 1 server location in New Zealand)
- Seven simultaneous connections
- AES-256-Bit military-grade encryption
- Wi-Fi protection, dedicated IPs
- 45-day money-back guarantee
Did we tell you that Cyberghost offers a 45-day money-back guarantee in New Zealand? So while we’re sure you won’t face any issues, if you don’t like its service, you can cancel your CyberGhost subscription and claim a refund any time within that dedicated period!
FAQs – Cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand
Now that you know how to cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand and get money back, let’s discuss some frequently asked questions regarding this topic.
How do I cancel my subscription for ExpressVPN in New Zealand?
Cancelling your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand is pretty straightforward:
- Visit Settings. Look for your name once you’ve accessed the settings of your phone.
- Click on ‘Subscription.’ This will display a list of subscriptions you own.
- Among them, select ‘ExpressVPN Subscription’, and you’ll be able to view the settings of ExpressVPN.
- Click on ‘Cancel Subscription.’
Can I cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand after free trial?
After your free trial has ended, you can cancel your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand and claim a refund as long as you’re within the time period of 30 days.
How do I cancel auto-renewal on ExpressVPN in New Zealand?
Visit the official website of ExpressVPN in New Zealand and log into your account. You’ll see your duration of subscription and renewal date under Subscriptions. Click on Manage Subscription settings > Automatic Renewal page > Turn off auto-renewal.
Does ExpressVPN send cancellation emails in New Zealand?
Yes, you will receive a cancelation email from ExpressVPN in New Zealand. First, visit ExpressVPN’s website and log in using your credentials. The live chat support can help you cancel your subscription. Once your subscription gets canceled by customer support, you’ll receive an email and will be refunded your money within 7-10 working days.
Can you cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand and get a refund at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand and claim a refund as long as you’re within the time period of 30 days. This 30-day money-back guarantee is offered on all subscription plans.
How long after getting ExpressVPN in New Zealand free trial can I request the refund?
You can request a refund within 30 days. While ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial in New Zealand on its mobile devices, its 30-day money-back guarantee is way better than the free trial. On it, you can enjoy all ExpressVPN’s features risk-free. But, if you’re unsatisfied with the service within the 30-day period, you will get your money back.
How to cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand within 30 days?
All you need to do is sign in to your ExpressVPN account in New Zealand and contact 24/7 customer chat support to request a refund. As soon as you request your money back within the 30-day period, ExpressVPN will refund your subscription amount. ExpressVPN round-the-clock live chat is the fastest way to cancel your subscription.
What are the reasons you might not get a refund from ExpressVPN in New Zealand?
Two reasons you might not get a refund from ExpressVPN in New Zealand: If you get an ExpressVPN subscription for any third-party app store or cancel your account outside the duration of the money-back guarantee.
ExpressVPN is a fantastic VPN service in New Zealand. It offers blazing-fast speeds and excellent security, as per our extensive ExpressVPN review NZ. But, it’s okay if you think that the VPN isn’t for you.
ExpressVPN’s 30-day money-back guarantee in New Zealand is great, especially because the company follows a true letter and spirit policy. Just make sure to request your refund within the initial 30-days to get the refund. The process is pretty simple; you just need to request a refund from its live chat support.
Once you cancel ExpressVPN in New Zealand, you can opt for any other VPN you like. We’d recommend Surfshark, hails to its budget-friendly service and fast speeds for torrenting, streaming, and gaming. Moreover, you get its advanced security features at the cost of only NZ$3.27/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
Have you canceled your ExpressVPN subscription in New Zealand? What was your experience like? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.