If you happen to own a Samsung Smartphone and want to protect your online security, you will need a Virtual Private Network (VPN) in Australia. In this guide, I will be telling you how to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile (Galaxy and Notes included) in 2022 using ExpressVPN as an example in Australia.
Before there were any dedicated VPN apps, installing a VPN was hard because you had to do it manually in Australia. Since now there are plenty of VPNs for Android devices on Play Store, it has become even harder to choose the best one.
So, this guide also highlights what are the best VPN service to use with Samsung Mobile that doesn’t compromise your online privacy in Australia. Without wasting any time, let’s begin with the setup guide in Australia.
This isn’t the only way to set up a VPN on your Samsung device in Australia. You can also set up a VPN manually on your Samsung Mobile Phone in Australia.
5 Best VPNs for Samsung Mobile Phones in Australia
Here is our list of top VPNs to use with Samsung Mobile that is best for secure browsing and streaming in Australia:
Overall Best VPN
Save 49% today!
Fastest VPN Service
2 Year Plan
Best for Geo-Unblocking
2 Year Plan
Exclusive 2 Year Offer
Best for Private Browsing
3 Years + 4 Months Free
Why I chose ExpressVPN as our #1 recommended VPN is because it gives you the most powerful VPN features for security and online privacy in Australia and has over 3000 servers in 94+ countries 5 server locations in Australia.
You can securely browse or stream with ExpressVPN if you are on public Wi-Fi because it has a 256-bit encryption that keeps your online data secure and private from hackers. You can also try 7-day ExpressVPN Australia free trial to test its performance on mobile devices.
Lastly, ExpressVPN has a fast speed. It only minimizes speed, unlike other VPN providers that throttle your internet speed by half margin. All in all, it is the best Samsung VPN you can use in this era.
How to Install a VPN on Samsung Mobile in Australia (Galaxy S10 and above)
Since Android easily supports all the modern VPN protocols including OpenVPN, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, and PPTP, you can directly install a VPN on your S10 device or any of its other variants via official apps available on the PlayStore in just 5 minutes in Australia.
These are the steps you need to follow in Australia:
- Pick one of the VPNs mentioned (ExpressVPN is our recommended choice in Australia) in the table above
- Visit the official site of the provider and purchase a subscription
- Now visit the PlayStore and search for your chosen VPN
- Download and install the VPN app on your device
- Launch the app and enter the login details which you used to purchase the subscription
- Choose a VPN server of your choice and use the web anonymously in Australia
How to Setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S8 in Australia
- Choose one of the recommended S8 VPN services ( In Australia I recommend ExpressVPN)
- Next, go to the official site of VPN provider and make an account over there
- Now, choose a VPN package plan, select a payment method and make payment
- Go to PlayStore on your phone and search for your VPN provider’s app
- Download VPN app and install it on Galaxy S8
- Launch VPN, go to servers list and connect to the server of the desired country to use in Australia
- Upon successful connection, you’re all set to access tons of geo-blocked sites and services including BBC iPlayer, HBO Now, Fox Go, CNBC, ABC and more on your Galaxy S8 in Australia.
How to Setup VPN on Samsung Galaxy S6 & S7 in Australia
Since the Galaxy lineup of phones uses Android as the default OS, you can simply install most VPN apps directly from the PlayStore in Australia:
- Open the PlayStore
- Search for your preferred VPN provider e.g ExpressVPN
- Press the Install button
- When the app has finished installing, launch it
- Enter your login credentials
- Choose a server location of your choice and you’re now successfully connected to your VPN in Australia!
How to Configure VPN on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in Australia
Go to the menu of your phone and tap on “Settings”
Select “Connections” from the top bar
Click on “Mobile networks”
Tap on “VPN”
Tap on “+” from the top right corner of the screen to add a new VPN connection
Enter VPN connection name, select the desired tunneling protocol, enter server address as provided by VPN service and hit save
Now you will be able to see the new VPN connection in the list
Tap on the newly made connection to connect
If the connection is successful, the VPN connection status will turn to connected, and you will be able to access thousands of geo-restricted websites immediately. In addition to this, 100% anonymity and protection against every cyber threat will be an additional benefit of using a VPN in Australia. Enjoy!
How to setup VPN on Galaxy Note 4 in Australia
- Press the “App” button that appears on the Homescreen
- Now swap the menu, until you find the “Settings” tab
- Now look for the option of “More Networks”
- Then select “VPN”
- You will be presented with “Basic VPN” and “Advanced IP Sec” options
- Tap on any of them and enter the username, password, and other details provided to you by the VPN provider in Australia
Privacy Issues in Samsung smartphones in Australia
The connected world we live in today is characterized by unprecedented convenience. At the same time, however, this connectedness has made it difficult to keep our lives to ourselves.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 had a serious problem with the privacy breach of users. Friends of some S9 owners suddenly started receiving personal images taken from the owner’s phone last year.
Curiously, the owners only found out about this fishy bug after being asked by their friends about the images they had received.
The “bug” used the Samsung SMS app to send images to user contacts without the user’s knowledge and without leaving any trace of it in the sender’s phone.
We can’t say what kind of privacy problems the upcoming flagship S10 will present us with. The only thing we know is that whether it’s iOS, Android, or Windows, privacy issues are always there to harass us, one way or another in Australia.
This is why it is important to err on the side of caution and use a VPN service to protect your privacy online in Australia. You never know what kind of vulnerabilities exist in your phone.
Above was the detailed guide of “how to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile in Australia”. Samsung Mobile uses Play Store to download apps which is an open-source app that can easily invite bugs, malware, viruses, and more in Australia. Also, if you’re traveling and want to use public Wi-Fi Australia, there’s a chance that your phone gets hacked.
For that, you just need to install a VPN on Samsung Mobile that will keep your online activity anonymous from anyone trying to access your phone. It will also hide your original IP address and assign you a different IP. I have also discussed some of the best Samsung VPNs that work best in Australia 2022.