If you are an Oculus Quest user looking for a reliable VPN in UK for your VR gadget, you couldn’t have landed on a better guide. In this article, we will discover the best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK to ensure the security of your VR gaming experience.
Oculus Quest, which is now known as Meta Quest, offers an unmatched immersive virtual reality (VR) experience. However, your headset is restricted to the country or region in which you are currently using it to play games.
When you travel to UK, your device can get geo-blocked, giving you an error of blocked access to certain streaming platforms or games. Thanks to advancing technology, you can get an Oculus Quest VPN in UK, which will bypass the geo-restrictions of Oculus Quest servers in UK which aren’t available everywhere.
Moreover, an Oculus VPN will also provide enhanced online privacy and security, since the Oculus VR headset is prone to cyberattacks. Let’s go through our extensively researched and tested list of the best VPNs for Oculus Quest in UK.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK
Before heading over to our in-depth analysis, let’s briefly go through a quick overview of the best VPNs for Oculus Quest in UK:
- ExpressVPN: The best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK. Comes with top-notch security and speeds for online gaming. Available for only GB£ 5.45/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) .
- Surfshark: Low-cost VPN for Oculus Quest. Brings budget-friendly subscription packages, starting from just GB£ 1.67/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) , plus unlimited simultaneous connections.
- NordVPN: Largest Server Network for Oculus Quest. Offers state-of-the-art security features and a widespread network of secure servers. Available for just GB£ 2.85/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) .
Why should Britisers use a VPN for Oculus Quest?
Britishers should use a VPN for Oculus Quest to get an extra layer of security to their VR experience in UK. A VPN allows you to safely access your local content when you take the headset abroad.
If you are a new or existing Oculus Quest user, you might be well aware of the geo-restrictions and cybersecurity concerns related to this VR headset. If that’s the case, you might also be wondering ‘does VPN work for Oculus Quest in UK?’ The answer is yes, and here are the reasons why you should use a VPN for Oculus Quest in UK:
- Safety against DDoS attacks: Just like other internet devices, your Oculus Quest is prone to DDoS attacks. Hackers and other cybercriminals can easily target your VR headset if there’s no adequate protection. However, a VPN will hide your local IP address, making it hard for anyone to detect your actual location. That will keep you secured against DDoS attacks in UK.
- Bandwidth throttling: ISPs are notoriously known for deliberately slowing down your internet speed if your online activities are consuming too much bandwidth, for instance, playing a high-end game on your Oculus Quest VR headset. Slower internet speed will definitely hamper your online gaming experience. By using a VPN, you can conceal your online activities from local ISPs and avoid bandwidth throttling.
- Unblock Oculus Quest servers: Oculus Quest VR devices are developed by Facebook and Meta. So, if you live in a country like China, where Facebook is banned, you will not be able to access Oculus Quest servers. However, with a premium VPN, you can change your location virtually to a country where Oculus servers are working, and enjoy your online gaming.
- Access to geo-blocked games: Just like other copyright-protected content, some Oculus Quest games are exclusively available in certain regions. Fortunately, a reliable gaming VPN in UK can evade geo-restrictions and enable you to access and play any game you want regardless of your actual location.
3 Best VPNs for Oculus Quest in UK – Detailed Analysis
Based on extensive research and several rounds of testing, we have shortlisted the 3 best VPNs for Oculus Quest in UK. Here’s a detailed analysis of our top picks:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK
- 3000+ operational servers in 94 countries, including 25+ US server locations
- AES-256-Bit Encryption and Lightway Protocol
- Simultaneous connection: 5 devices
- Downloading speed: 89.64 Mbps
- Unlimited bandwidth for online gaming
- Compatible devices: Windows, Gaming Consoles, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK for a seamless and uninterrupted gaming experience. It offers lightning-fast speeds and powerful unblocking features. This VPN supports torrenting and offers dedicated gaming servers in UK.
You can enjoy access to geo-restricted content from anywhere through its network of 3000+ servers located in 94 countries including servers in UK. We used ExpressVPN’s New Jersey server while gaming on Oculus Quest:
Apart from gaming, you can use ExpressVPN with Netflix UK to access a wide range of geo-restricted content libraries. It is also named as the best VPN for Xbox in UK because of its outstanding compatibility and no-brainer configuration process.
This VPN offers fast speed and unlimited bandwidth. We also conducted an ExpressVPN speed test in UK and the results were fantastic. On a 100 Mbps connection, it can fetch you a fast downloading speed of 89.42 Mbps and an uploading speed of 84.64 Mbps. This type of high speed is significant for both online gaming and video streaming in UK.
It supports up to 5 concurrent connections per account and is available for Linux, macOS, Android, Windows, and iOS. Want to stream content on a Smart TV device? Get ExpressVPN on your FireStick device and enjoy geo-restricted content. Furthermore, you can configure ExpressVPN on a Wi-Fi router and use it with your Oculus Quest.
ExpressVPN enables you to access geo-blocked content and gaming servers while protecting your security and privacy. AES 256-bit encryption, Lightway Protocol, Double VPN, Kill Switch, and DNS Leak Protection keep you secure against DDoS attacks. Moreover, the ExpressVPN no-logging policy in UK ensures no user data is recorded.
Even though ExpressVPN is somewhat more expensive than its counterparts, it is definitely worth the tag price. ExpressVPN long-term subscription plan costs around GB£ 5.45/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). There is a 30-day refund guarantee as well. Customer assistance is available round-the-clock. Users who sign up using their mobile phones will also receive a 7-day free trial with ExpressVPN in UK.
For more information, see our in-depth ExpressVPN review UK.
- Exceptional unblocking abilities in UK
- Data privacy and advanced security
- Protection against DDoS attacks in UK
- Supports torrenting and gaming
- Supports router configuration
- It is more expensive than the rest of its competitors
- No server obfuscation
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Oculus Quest
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including 600+ servers in the US
- Downloading speed: 81.32 Mbps
- AES-256 Encryption
- Simultaneous connections: unlimited devices
- Unlimited bandwidth for torrenting and online gaming
- Compatible devices: Android, Windows, Game Consoles, iOS, macOS, and Linux
Surfshark is an ideal pick among the best VPNs for Oculus Quest because of Surfshark affordable price in UK. You can get top-notch security at a low monthly subscription price ofGB£ 1.67/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan), including a risk-free 30-day refund policy.
This VPN includes a large network of more than 3200 servers spread over 100 countries, including servers in UK. These servers also support torrenting and online gaming in UK. We used Surfshark Boston servers with Oculus Quest:
It’s also one of the best VPNs for PS4 in UK, providing the utmost protection against DDoS attacks and fast gaming speed. Not just that, if you are a binge-watcher, you can use Surfshark with Netflix UK to enjoy films and TV shows in ultra-HD resolution due to its lightning-fast speed and unrestricted bandwidth.
This VPN scored incredibly well when we performed a speed test on a 100 Mbps connection. Surfshark speed test in UK got us an impressive downloading speed of 81.32 Mbps and an uploading speed of 76.12 Mbps.
Surfshark distinguishes itself from competing commercial VPNs by allowing an unlimited number of simultaneous users per subscription. You use your iPhone and Android with Surfshark in UK. Moreover, you can use it with Linux, Windows, and macOS.
Surfshark’s primary security and privacy functions are IPSec Protocol, AES-256 Bit Encryption Protocol, and WireGuard. Other features like Clean Web, Multi-hop, and Camouflage Mode maintain your online security while gaming.
Surfshark offers 24-hour online technical assistance. New users may now sign up for a 7-day Surfshark free trial in UK by using their mobile devices.
If you’d like to learn more, check out our in-depth Surshark review UK.
- 256-bit AES and XChaCha20 encryption
- Extensive fleet of fast servers in UK
- Maximum bandwidth for online gaming
- Supported apps for routers in UK
- Data privacy through Multi-hop servers
- Free trial isn’t available for Windows
- Occasionally takes a bit longer to switch servers
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network for Oculus Quest
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with 1970+ servers in the US
- Top-notch AES-256-Bit encryption with XChaCha20
- Simultaneous connections: 6 devices
- Downloading speed: 83.82 Mbps
- Unrestricted bandwidth for online gaming
- Compatible devices: MacOS, iOS, Gaming Consoles, Windows, Linux, and Android
NordVPN has the biggest server network for online gaming and is the ideal choice for Oculus Quest. This well-established VPN offers 5500+ fast-speed servers throughout 60 countries, including 1970+ servers in the US and also servers in UK.
Online gaming servers are easily accessible with the help of Nord VPN’s futuristic features. Its In-house Nordlynx Protocol offers faster speeds and greater anonymity, ensuring that you can easily unblock any geo-blocked gaming server. We used NordVPN’s Charlotte server with Oculus Quest:
Moreover, it also offers fast servers with unlimited bandwidth specifically for online games. Not just that it also comes with support for torrenting. Streaming lovers can also access different content libraries of Netflix UK with NordVPN.
NordVPN’s speed test in UK results indicates that it is actually somewhat comparable to its peers. Over a 100 Mbps connection, it will provide you with a downloading speed of 83.82 Mbps and an uploading speed of 44.64 Mbps.
NordVPN may be used on a maximum of six devices simultaneously with a given subscription. This reliable VPN works with macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows. It also comes with a SmartPlay technique for installing VPN setups on Wi-Fi Routers and Game Consoles. For instance, you can configure NordVPN on PlayStation.
It is widely recognized for providing extensive security and privacy features along with a few key features in UK. The NordVPN No-logging Policy protects your privacy in addition to AES-256 Bit Encryption and Server Obfuscation features. Other highlight features are NordVPN’s Kill Switch, IP Leak Protection, and Onion Over VPN.
NordVPN’s long-term membership plan is priced at onlyGB£ 2.85/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). These subscription choices come with a 30-day money-back assurance. You can also sign up for a 7-day NordVPN free trial in UK with your mobile phone. Furthermore, customer care is available 24 hours a day.
Read our in-depth NordVPN review UK for more information!
- A massive network of servers in UK
- Unblock geo-restricted geo-restricted gaming servers
- Advanced privacy and security features in UK
- A strict no-logs policy is in place to protect your online privacy
- Money-back guarantee for one month
- The OpenVPN configuration is tricky
How did we choose and evaluate these VPNs in UK?
VPN options available in the market are many and manifold. Choosing an ideal VPN for your online devices like Oculus Quest isn’t just a pick-and-choose procedure. Rather, it requires a lot of research and testing to find the best combination for your VR headset in UK.
Therefore, to find out the best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK, we tested a slew of VPN apps on the following criteria:
- Speed and stability of service: Online gaming requires high bandwidth and fast internet speed. If your internet is slow, you will face frequent lags that will totally ruin your gameplay. Therefore, we selected those premium VPNs that will not affect your internet speed and provide you with stable servers.
- A large number of server locations: A premium VPN must have a large number of server locations worldwide. The bigger network allows you to connect to different locations in the world to broaden your gaming experience. Moreover, the more servers your VPN has, the less likely it is to find an overcrowded server that slows down the internet speed.
- Strong encryption standards: Oculus Quest devices are vulnerable to cyberattacks just like other tech devices that use the internet, hence, online security is vital. We selected those VPN apps that offer top-notch security and military-grade encryption standards like AES-256-Bit encryption.
- Ability to unblock restricted content: Geo-restrictions has become a general phenomenon around the globe that restricts online content to specific regions to stop copyright infringements. A VPN for your Oculus Quest must be smart enough to bypass the geo-blocks of online games and other content in UK.
- Apps for Android and iOS: Compatibility is another key factor when choosing a VPN app. We selected those VPNs that offer cross-platform compatibility and can be used on all major OSes like iOS and Android.
- Ease of use: An ideal VPN must be easy to use and come with user-friendly client apps to keep you away from the hassle of configuring VPN settings.
- Performance: Online gaming requires higher speeds and stability in UK, hence, a VPN must perform meticulously. So, we selected VPN apps that are superb with regard to performance. Our recommended VPNs offer stable connections and fast speeds by using top-notch features like WireGuard.
- Price and quality ratio: Your VPN must at least justify its price tag. You shouldn’t pay heavy amounts for mediocre services. So, we selected those VPNs that offer the best bang for your buck. The price and quality ratio of our recommended VPNs is quite impressive.
How to Install a VPN on Oculus Quest
Installing and configuring a VPN on Oculus Quest is a bit complicated as it doesn’t come with in-built VPN support. So, we have compiled this easy guide to install a VPN on your Oculus Quest headset. Simply follow these steps:
- Register a ‘developer account’ for your Oculus Quest.
- Turn on the “Developer Mode” on your VR headset from the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Download SideQuest from its website and install it on your PC. You can also download SideQuest from GitHub.
- Connect your Oculus Quest to SideQuest by connecting your VR headset to your PC through a USB cable.
- Subscribe to a premium VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN due to its lightning-fast speeds.
- Install the APK of your VPN on Oculus Quest through SideQuest.
- Launch the VPN on your Oculus Quest and connect to a fast VPN server.
- Enjoy your favorite games or access any geo-restricted content from anywhere.
Note: If this method seems too complicated, you can simply configure a VPN on your Wi-Fi router and use the VPN-enabled Wi-Fi connection on your Oculus Quest.
Is there any good free VPN for Oculus Quest in UK?
Well, that’s a little tricky question. Free VPN apps do normally have a snag. They either offer an inadequate network of servers or limited bandwidth. If you can compromise on speed and low data traffic, you can get any free VPN app in UK. However, Oculus Quest consumes a high amount of data, resulting in lags and latency issues.
In case you are just starting with VPNs and want to give a try to any free VPN app, you can get a trusted service provider like ProtonVPN. However, we don’t recommend it as a long-term solution, especially if you heavily use your Oculus Quest for online gaming.
Instead, we recommend you subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and use its 30-day money-back warranty without paying a single dime.
Keep in mind that it’s important to select a VPN that offers the latest security protocols like AES-256 Encryption and keeps you secure against DDoS attacks. The idea is to get a VPN that enables access to geo-restricted servers while keeping your online gaming experience safe and secure.
FAQs – Best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK
Is it legal to unblock Oculus with a VPN in UK?
Yes, it is completely legal to unblock Oculus Quest using a VPN in UK. The majority of countries allow VPN usage for all legitimate purposes of users. You must avoid using VPNs for unlawful activities like online criminal activities or torrenting copyrighted data.
Can you put a VPN on Oculus Quest in UK?
Yes, it’s highly recommended to use a VPN on Oculus Quest in UK. Although Oculus Quest doesn’t come with native VPN support, you can still use a VPN on your VR headset by following two different methods given below:
- Install through SideQuest
- Setup VPN on your Wi-Fi router
Does ExpressVPN work on Oculus in UK?
Yes, ExpressVPN works on Oculus Quest in UK. In fact, it’s the best VPN for your Oculu headset devices due to its huge network and fast speed. It boasts great security features that can help prevent DDoS and cyberattacks during gaming.
Oculus Quest is a futuristic VR gadget that offers an immersive gaming experience for users. However, it’s highly vulnerable to hacking attempts and cyberattacks if you don’t pay heed to your online security in UK. Moreover, a majority of games are restricted on Oculus Quest due to copyright issues. In order to overcome these regional limitations and keep your VR headset secure, we recommend using a top-notch VPN service in UK.
As per our extensive testing and research on VPN apps, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Oculus Quest in UK. It offers a huge selection of servers, top-grade security features, and fast speed. All these things combine perfectly to give you a memorable gaming experience in UK.