Want to protect access to your Synology NAS from a distance? The best VPN for Synology in Spain can make this task simple!
Synology is known for offering secure Network Attached Storage (NAS) to users. However, the biggest concern with Synology devices is that they can not stop hackers from intercepting data as it is being exchanged when transferring files on an unsecured network.
Although Synology NAS devices are highly protected, the major concern arises when you are transferring files. Anyone can intercept your data during transmission while you are using Synology on an unsecured network. That is why you need the best VPN service to encrypt your online traffic and ensure your files are safe from third-party interventions.
However, not all VPNs are a perfect fit for Synology. Therefore, we have tested 55+ VPNs on Synology devices and have shortlisted 5 with ExpressVPN as our top choice.
Quick Overview – Best VPN for Synology NAS in Spain 2023
Short on time? Here is a quick overview of the best VPN for Synology in Spain 2023:
- ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Synology NAS in Spain. Comes with 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy, and TrustedServer technology with very fast and secure servers for just EUR 6.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) .
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Synology NAS. Comes with advanced security features like MultiHop, CleanWeb, Whitelister, and more, costing EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) .
- NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN for Synology. Offers 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with obfuscation, and DoubleVPN for EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) .
- CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for Synology. Comes with easy-to-use apps with DNS leak protection, split tunneling, and AES 256-bit for EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) .
- PIA – Reliable VPN for Synology. Comes with customizable security features like split tunneling, kill switch, DNS leak protection, and more for EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) .
Detailed Analysis for the Best VPN for Synology in Spain | FAQs
Why Should You Use a VPN for Synology in Spain?
During file transfers via NAS devices, your data is subject to hacking and interception. Therefore, you need a VPN to protect Synology. Although Synology offers protection, the danger lies while you are transferring files, especially on unsecured networks. Hackers can easily use packet sniffers to intercept data while transferring and accessing all your important documents.
Installing a VPN on your Synology NAS device will encrypt all incoming and outgoing traffic through a VPN tunnel using AES 256-bit encryption that is nearly unhackable. This means that third parties cannot intercept your data, and even if they do succeed due to encryption, they will not be able to access it.
The primary function of a VPN is that it reroutes your traffic through its private servers, which means that hackers will not be able to see your true IP address and internet activities. This way, you can protect yourself against targeted cyberattacks.
That’s not all. Using a Synology server package, you can utilize a VPN to secure your Synology files with different users on the same network. Moreover, you can also use it for turning your Synology device into a VPN server by setting it up with PPTP and OpenVPN protocols.
5 Best VPNs for Synology in Spain 2023 [In-Depth Analysis]
With the growing number of cyber threats, Synology devices need a VPN to guarantee maximum protection and encryption of your data. Therefore, to help you select the best provider, we have tested 55+ VPN services based on security, speed, and servers to shortlist the best VPN for Synology NAS in Spain 2023.
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN for Synology NAS in Spain
- DDoS Protection: Yes
- Superfast speeds Connections
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries
- 5 simultaneous connections
- No-Logs Policy
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Synology NAS in Spain because of its fast-speed servers and world-class security features that are currently the best in the industry right now. Fast speed and multiple encryptions are the best combos for Synology users.
What makes ExpressVPN an excellent choice for Synology is its privacy and security features that include military-grade encryptions and the Network lock kill Switch. It also offers a Malware protector and IPv6/DNS Leak Protection, guaranteeing your online and device privacy.
It’s safe to say that ExpressVPN is currently the most secure VPN in Spain, as all your data is protected while NAS file transfers with AES 256-bit encryption. ExpressVPN’s kill switch ensures your IP address remains hidden in case of any disconnection.
What we loved about ExpressVPN is that it used the most advanced SHA512 hashing with a 4096-bit RSA key, while in comparison, most popular websites and banks only use 2048-bit RSA keys.
That’s not all, ExpressVPN also uses perfect forward secrecy (PFS) that protects encrypted traffic from attacks by regularly changing keys. Every time you connect to ExpressVPN’s server, a unique encryption key is generated through Elliptical-Curve Diffie Hellman (ECDH) key exchange – so no third party can decrypt your data.
For Synology users, there are plenty of VPN protocol options to choose from. There is OpenVPN UDP and OpenVPN TCP for configuration, along with ExpressVPN’s proprietary Lightway protocol. You can also check out the best VPN with Split Tunneling in Spain to secure your online traffic and enjoy fast speed.
ExpressVPN is based in the safe jurisdiction of the British Virgin Islands, so there is nothing to worry about regarding privacy and data logging. Furthermore, it uses TrustedServer technology, due to which all data is wiped from servers with every reboot – hence no data to log.
ExpressVPN offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries. All its servers offer lightning-fast speeds that make downloading and uploading large files to Synology easy.
During testing of ExpressVPN speed in Spain, it took us less than 1 minute to establish a connection to the ExpressVPN Singapore server, and there was no lag. On our base connection of 100 Mbps, we could enjoy a fast speed of 95.39 Mbps – as there was less than a 10% speed drop – thus making it one of the fastest Synology NAS VPNs.
Overall, we recommend using ExpressVPN on Synology in Spain for personal and business use because of its spotless reputation and great privacy features.
You can get ExpressVPN today for EUR 6.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). It also offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee to users for testing the service.
You can check out our comprehensive ExpressVPN review in Spain for more information about this provider.
- Military-grade encryption
- TrustedServer Technology
- Spotless reputation
- Full-proof protection for Synology devices
- 24/7 live chat support
- Servers in 94 countries
- No SOCKS5 proxy
- Slightly expensive
12 Months + 3 Months Free
Protect Synology With ExpressVPN30 Days Money Back Guarantee
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for Synology NAS
- DDoS Protection: Yes
- RAM-only servers
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- No-Logs Policy
Surfshark is a great budget-friendly VPN Synology available for just EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan).
Surfshark is an affordable VPN in Spain to protect your data on Synology. It offers AES-256 encryption that allows file transfers in total security. It also blocks all kinds of phishing sites, ads, and malware attempts through its CleanWeb feature.
Surfshark also offers a Camouflage mode that hides the fact that you’re using a VPN from your ISP. It masks your VPN traffic, making it look like normal HTTPS traffic so you can easily bypass online restrictions. Surfshark has recently introduced a Whitelister feature that works like split tunneling. It is a great cybersecurity tool that blocks potential threats.
Its DNS leak protection feature is also super-effective as it never leaked our real IP address during testing. With Surfshark’s kill switch, you don’t need to hesitate while transferring files on Synology because it will immediately disconnect your device from your Wi-Fi connection in case of a sudden VPN connection drop.
With Surfshark, you will be able to set up OpenVPN TCP or UDP encryption on your Synology device. It also has various other protocols, including the latest WireGuard and its proprietary Shadowsocks protocol.
Surfshark is based in the Netherlands – a known member of 14 Eyes Alliance, but there’s no need to worry since Cure53 has audited its servers so that you can trust its no-logs policy.
However, don’t let its price tag fool you, as Surfshark gives tough competition to its rivals with a handful of advanced features. To start with, you get 3200+ servers worldwide across 100 countries. There are plenty of physical and virtual servers located in multiple countries.
The performance of each server is considerably good and delivers blazing-fast consistent speeds. While testing, Surfshark speed in Spain was great on the servers we tested, with around a 20% speed drop only. We got an average download speed of 81 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on our base connection of 100 Mbps.
Along with its affordable price, Surfshark supports unlimited simultaneous connections and offers a risk-free 30-day refund policy, so you can try out Surfshark on Synology for a month.
You can find more information about this service in our Surfshark review in Spain.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Ad-blocker, Split tunneling
- Proven protection against all potential threats on Synology devices
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day refund guarantee
- No free version
- Based in the Netherlands
on 2 Year Plan + Free Surfshark Antivirus
Protect Synology With Surfshark30 Days Money Back Guarantee
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network for Synology
- DDoS Protection: Yes
- Vast network of superfast servers
- Obfuscation technology
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries
- 6 simultaneous connections
- No-Logs Policy
NordVPN has the largest server network for NAS Synology users, with a strong reputation in the VPN industry. Apart from an impressive server network, NordVPN is famous for its state-of-the-art encryption and double VPN for users who want maximum data security and privacy. NordVPN uses AES-256-CBC with a 2048-bit DH key encryption.
What makes NordVPN good for Synology is its advanced security features that include AES 256 encryption, Two Kill switches, and Onion Over VPN that keeps all your NAS files protected during transfers. It has a built-in CyberSec feature that gives protection against malware attacks.
Another thing that we liked about NordVPN is that, like ExpressVPN, it also uses Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS), generating unique session keys for fool-proof encryption in Spain.
We also tested its encryption using Wireshark. After connecting to NordVPN, we ran packet tracing, showing us the transmitted data as gibberish – we could not get any information on the transferred data.
It has a gigantic network of 5500+ servers that are distributed in 60 countries. NordVPN’s servers are divided into the following categories:
- Double VPN servers for maximum security and anonymity.
- Dedicated IP servers for users who want a unique IP address.
- P2P servers for P2P file sharing and torrenting.
- Obfuscated servers for heavily censored regions.
- Standard VPN servers for normal VPN use.
Owing to its large network of servers, we expected fast speed, and NordVPN did not disappoint. During testing of NordVPN speed in Spain , we got a fast download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps base connection. There was less than a 20% speed drop, which was great for transferring large files without any disruptions.
For these reasons, NordVPN on Synology in Spain is a great combo for businesses and personal users who are looking to keep their Synology devices safe and secure. It offers OpenVPN protocol for easy configuration on Synology.
NordVPN is available at a price of EUR 3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you want to give it a try risk-free.
To find out more about this service, read our detailed NordVPN review in Spain.
- Specialty servers
- Built-in adblocker
- Automatic kill switch
- Independently audited logging policy
- Obfuscated servers
- Some servers take time to establish a connection
on 2 Year Plan + Extra Subscription
Protect Synology With NordVPN30 Days Money Back Guarantee
4. CyberGhost – User-friendly VPN for Synology in Spain
- DDoS Protection: Yes
- Optimized servers
- 9700+ servers in 91 countries
- 7 simultaneous connections
- No-Logs Policy
CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN for NAS Synology in Spain. It has a simple and intuitive user interface so that anyone can use it without any hassle. It offers OpenVPN TCP and UDP, which can be used on Synology to protect your data during file transfer.
What makes CyberGhost good for Synology is it uses 256-bit AES encryption for data security in combination with a 4096-bit RSA key and SHA256 authentication.
It further comes with an effective automatic kill switch that will keep your activities completely safe if the VPN connection drops at any time. Furthermore, you get Perfect Forward Secrecy, Zero WebRTC/DNS/IP leaks, and split tunneling.
We decided to test its split tunneling feature and made whatsmyipaddress.com website an exception. On its UK – London server, the website still showed our actual location and IP address in Spain, meaning the feature was working perfectly fine.
CyberGhost is based in the safe jurisdiction of Romania – a privacy-friendly location that is not part of the 14 Eyes alliance. It follows a strict no-logs policy that you can trust. CyberGhost was audited by QSCERT, and no security issues were detected.
CyberGhost operates a huge network of 9700+ servers that are geographically dispersed across 91 countries. CyberGhost servers are categorized into:
- Streaming servers
- P2P servers
- Gaming servers
- NoSpy servers
- Dedicated IP servers
If you want extra security, you can connect to NoSpy servers that are based in CyberGhost’s private data centers in Romania – free from any third-party interference.
CyberGhost’s servers are not as fast as ExpressVPN, but they offer decent speed so that you can transfer files without any lag or delay. On a base connection of 100 Mbps, CyberGhost speed recorded an average download speed of 75.47 Mbps and an upload speed of 69.34 Mbps.
If you go with CyberGhost Synology, you can get this VPN for just EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) , and it also offers a 45-day refund policy.
Read our full CyberGhost review in Spain to find out more about this service.
- Beginner-friendly apps
- Optimized servers for streaming, gaming, torrenting
- Dedicated IPs
- Based in Romania (safe)
- Military-grade encryption
- Some servers offer slow speeds
3 Year Plan + 4 Extra Months Subscription
Protect Synology With CyberGhost45 Days Money Back Guarantee
5. PIA – Reliable VPN for Synology in Spain
- Ultra-fast servers
- DDoS Protection: Yes
- 29,000+ servers in 84 countries (massive server network)
- 10 Simultaneous Connections
- Strict no-logs policy
PIA is a reliable VPN service for Synology with superb OpenVPN encryption in Spain. The VPN comes with an extensive server network of 35000+ servers across 84 countries.
What makes the PIA Synology combination great is its variety of advanced security features, along with a massive server network. Private Internet Access allows you to choose between 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption according to your liking. Furthermore, it is equipped with SHA-1 or SHA-256 encryption with RSA-2048 public-key encryption for authentication.
There is also an automatic kill switch that will protect your file transfers in case of a drop in the VPN connection. SOCKS5 proxy adds an additional layer of authentication for data protection.
PIA’s split tunneling feature is built directly into its apps and allows users to select which apps should be using the VPN tunnel and which should directly access the internet.
PIA also comes with port forwarding and a handshake naming system (HNS) that allows you to change the selected Name Server from PIA’s DNS to use one of PIA’s DNS servers. That’s why it’s also one of the best Port Forwarding VPN in Spain.
The VPN also comes with multiple encryption protocols. It offers OpenVPN, IKEv2, PPTP, and more to users at all times. It also offers a DNS leak protection feature and ensures no DNS leaks when you are connected to the VPN.
All its servers are P2P friendly, and it also features a SOCKS5 proxy, making PIA a good torrenting VPN in Spain. With thousands of servers, you can easily connect to a server nearby and enjoy fast speeds as your data will not have to travel far.
While testing the Private Internet Access Synology combo, the VPN offered us good speed on its short-distance servers, as we could download a 500 MB file within 9 minutes. We recorded a download speed of 65 Mbps and experienced a speed drop of around 45%.
A slight con of PIA is that it is based in the US, which is not a great location for privacy, considering the data retention laws in the US. However, PIA ensures a strict no-logs policy that has been tested. In the past, the VPN was called to court to provide data on its users but had none to share.
If you do decide to go with this VPN, PIA VPN is available for EUR 1.96/mo (US$ 2.11/mo) along with a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its plans.
Learn about the key features of this provider in our in-depth PIA VPN review in Spain.
- SOCKS5 proxy and port forwarding
- Choice of encryption protocol
- A wide network of servers
- 10 simultaneous connections
- The best offer is available on its long-term plan (3 Years)
- Based in the US
3 Year Plan + 3 Extra Months Subscription
Protect Synology With PIA30 Days Money Back Guarantee
Quick Comparison Table: Best VPN for Synology in Spain 2023
Testing Methodology: How to Choose the Best VPN for Synology in Spain
Not all VPNs are compatible with Synology. Therefore, we have recommended the 5 best VPNs for Synology in Spain out there after rigorously testing 55+ VPN services on wide criteria.
In addition to Synology compatibility, here is a list of important factors on which each VPN was tested:
- Fast servers. The VPN you choose should give you top speed with unlimited data so you can easily upload and download large files on Synology with ease. The VPN should not drop your speed by more than 30%.
- Advanced encryption. There should be 256-bit secure encryption that creates a protective tunnel to protect your data while transferring.
- Kill switch. An automatic kill switch to make sure no one can track your true IP address in case the VPN connection fails.
- Zero-log policy. Zero log policy and DNS to further protect your data from criminals, offering online anonymity.
- Tight security. The best VPN must come equipped with advanced security features like obfuscation, perfect forward secrecy, port forwarding, and split tunneling.
- Good value for money. Price is an important factor when determining the VPN to use. Therefore, we have made sure that the price of the VPN is justified by the features and services offered.
- User-friendliness: The VPNs we’ve jotted down are easy to use on Synology devices. Therefore, you can either use the installation guides for Synology available on their website or check out the steps below.
How to Install VPN on Synology in Spain
There are two different methods for installing VPNs on Synology in Spain, depending on the protocol you wish to use. We have explained both methods so you can choose the one you like and set up a VPN on Synology NAS.
Note: The Synology OpenVPN setup is different depending on the VPN provider. However, PPTP installation is generally the same.
Set Up VPN on Synology NAS using OpenVPN
OpenVPN is recommended for Synology users as it offers more security than other protocols like PPTP. In this tutorial, we will show you how to set up ExpressVPN on your Synology using OpenVPN.
Follow these steps to set up OpenVPN on your Synology:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Go to the ExpressVPN setup page and sign in.
- Under the OpenVPN section, you will see a username, password, and a list of OpenVPN configuration files.
- Click on the location you want to download the OpenVPN file (e.g., the US, France, Germany, etc.).
Turn off IPv6 on Synology
- Now, turn on your Synology device and go to Control Panel > Network.
- Click Network Interface > LAN > select Edit.
- Click IPv6 > IPv6 Setup > select Off.
- Select OK and reboot your Synology.
Create a VPN profile using these Synology VPN setup intructions:
- Sign in to Synology and tap on “Control Panel.”
- Then, visit “Network.”
- Navigate to Network Interface > Create > Create VPN profile.
- Choose OpenVPN (via importing a .ovpn file) > click Next.
- Enter details in the following fields:
- Profile Name: Enter the name of the VPN profile you are setting up. It could be anything you like.
- User Name: Enter the username you saw on the ExpressVPN setup page.
- Password: Enter the password you found on the ExpressVPN setup page.
- Import .ovpn file: Now, upload the OpenVPN configuration file found on the ExpressVPN setup page.
- CA certificate: You can leave this blank.
- Choose all options and click Apply.
- Select the profile you created and click Connect.
- When the VPN is connected, you will see the word Connected under your VPN name.
- To disconnect, simply click the Disconnect option under your VPN name.
That’s how you setup VPN on Synology NAS! Looks easy, right? You can also easily use Synology VPN on Download Station to download files easily.
Set Up VPN on Synology using PPTP
Here’s how to set up a VPN on a typical Synology device using PPTP:
- Open your Synology control panel.
- Click on the “Network” icon.
- Choose “Create” and then select “Create VPN profile.”
- Choose “PPTP” as your VPN connection method and click “Next.”
- Enter your credentials, such as username, password, server location (you can find these on the provider’s support page), and other details, then click “Next.”
- Enter advanced settings as follows:
- Authentication: Select “MS-CHAP v2”
- Encryption: Select “Maximum MPPE (128 bit)”
Although these are the generally applicable settings, make sure to verify your providers’ specifications for advanced settings.
- Check “use default gateway on remote network” and “reconnect when the VPN connection is lost”
- Click “Apply”
- Select your new VPN profile and click “Connect”
Now that you know how does Synology VPN work, it’s time to get ExpressVPN for your device now!
How Does Using VPNs Improve your NAS Experience in Spain?
Using a VPN for NAS devices adds an extra layer of security, allowing you to prevent ransomware attacks and other potential online threats. When a VPN is installed on your NAS system, all traffic is routed over the VPN network, guaranteeing the privacy and security of your files in Spain.
Other advantages of using VPNs on your NAS devices include:
- You can hide your search history, online activity, user trends, and the history of your downloads and uploads from your Internet service providers.
- It helps you to access entirely filtered, blocked, or restricted content and websites that your employer, your school’s internet provider, and the government (in the case of China) prevent you from accessing.
- It ensures your information is hidden from free Wi-Fi providers in public hotspots like libraries, Cafes, Shopping malls, and transportation hubs.
Can I Use a Free VPN for Synology in Spain?
Yes, you can use a free VPN with Synology NAS in Spain, but we recommend against it. Free VPNs could be appealing, but a premium VPN with a money-back guarantee is a smart and reliable choice.
Free VPNs are problematic for Synology NAS because they lack basic security measures (such as a kill switch and protocols). Free services frequently have speed and server restrictions, which cause lags and traffic load.
Last but not least, free VPNs are a dangerous alternative because Synology NAS is used to store private information and free VPNs have a history of gathering user information and which they later sell to make money. For all this reason, we always recommend avoiding a free VPN Synology and using ExpressVPN instead.
Can I use VPN on Synology NAS in Spain?
Yes, you can use a VPN on Synology NAS in Spain. The Synology DiskStation Manager 6.1 and over versions are all supported by ExpressVPN.
With a VPN set up on your NAS device, all traffic is sent through the VPN network, ensuring that your files stay absolutely secure and private. NAS devices are basically file storage devices that can serve files to all users. The NAS Synology is connected to your network, so users can access all files through a central location.
Is it legal to use VPNs on Synology?
Yes, it is entirely legal to use a VPN on Synology NAS. VPNs are considered legal in most countries of the world. However, if you live in China, Oman, or other countries where using a VPN is banned, you may face certain issues.
What VPN to use with Synology?
ExpressVPN is the best choice to use with Synology. All Synology devices support L2TP, PPTP, and OpenVPN protocols. However, we’d highly recommend using OpenVPN for privacy and security purposes.
ExpressVPN is our most advised option for the Synology OpenVPN combo. If you’re a bit unsure, then you can always check out the best VPN for Synology NAS Reddit reviews.
How does a Synology VPN server work in Spain?
The Synology VPN server is an add-on package that enables your NAS Synology device to become a virtual private network (VPN) server. This allows DSM users to access resources shared inside the local area network of the Synology product from the internet.
A VPN server Synology uses encryption and other security measures, allowing home and business owners to ensure the traffic to and from Synology NAS remains encrypted. That’s everything you need to know in our Synology VPN server review in Spain.
What are the best free VPNs for Synology NAS in Spain?
Here are the best free VPNs for Synology NAS in Spain:
- ProtonVPN: Best free VPN for Synology NAS with unlimited bandwidth. It offers OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard VPN protocols as well (We highly recommend using OpenVPN Synology together).
- Hide.Me: A secure free VPN for Synology. Enjoy maximum WiFi security thanks to technologies like IKEv2 IPsec, WireGuard, OpenVPN, SSTP, and SoftEther, which provide up to AES-256 encryption.
- Windscribe: Best free VPNs for Synology offering 10GB free data per month, including AES-encryptions, OpenVPN, IKEv2, and WireGuard Protocols. It also offers a step guide on its website to use Windscribe Synology at the same time.
How to use NAS with VPN?
Follow the steps below and learn how to set up a VPN on your NAS devices:
- Sign up for a premium VPN. ExpressVPN is super-secure and fast.
- Follow the instructions for downloading a VPN on your NAS device.
- Launch the VPN app and log in with your credentials.
- Choose a server and VPN protocol. Then, tap on ‘Connect.’
- That’s it! You can now enjoy an additional layer of security on your NAS device.
How do I unblock my IP address on Synology?
You cannot unblock IP with Synology. However, you can log in to your DSM account using another IP address. Once you’ve logged in, follow the steps below to remove the blocked IP.
- Checkmark Enable auto block at these locations:
- For DSM 6.2 and before: Control Panel > Security > Account > Auto Block.
- For DSM 7.0 and before: Control Panel > Security > Protection > Auto Block.
- Tap on the ‘Allow/Block List’ button.
- Then, visit ‘Block List.’
- Choose the blocked IP address and tap ‘Remove.’
- Click ‘Delete’ from the pop-up window.
Can a NAS be encrypted?
Yes, it can. Synology supports AES 256-bit data encryption. In this Synology NAS encryption method, the data is stored in an encrypted format on shared folders with a set of encryption keys. With AES 256-bit encryption, Synology NAS blocks all unauthorized attempts to access your encrypted data.
What is Synology router VPN?
Synology offers a wide range of NAS products, including routers. You can convert a Synology router into a VPN server. A Synology router VPN provides a stable and fast connection to remote employees or users.
To do this, you should first select the best VPN for Synology router, like ExpressVPN. Once you have subscribed to a VPN provider, you can set up the VPN on your Synology NAS device for a secure connection.
You can also read our article on the best VPN for DD-WRT routers to find out which VPN providers offer the best quality for these routers.
What is a Synology VPN client?
Synology SSL VPN Client enables simple access to the Internet and local network resources. This Synology SSL VPN service is offered by VPN Plus Server.
A VPN Server is an add-on that enables your NAS Synology device to become a VPN server, allowing all DSM users across the internet to access resources that are shared within the local area network of the Synology.
You can also use PPTP, OpenVPN, or L2TP/IPSec protocols offered by your VPN provider to turn your Synology device into a VPN Client.
Synology NAS devices are highly useful as centralized data storage. It offers a convenient platform for users to store and manage their data from a single point. However, since these devices operate over the internet, it is extremely important to maintain security through high-quality encryption provided by VPNs.
Therefore, with the best VPN for Synology in Spain, you can ensure adequate security of your centralized data with military-grade encryption protocols. Among all the VPNs we have tested, ExpressVPN is our top choice for NAS Synology as it offers 3000+ servers, advanced security features, and great speeds.