Are you annoyed by the frequent baseball blackouts on MLB.TV in Canada? Or you also invested in many VPNs just to have a good baseball live streaming on MLB.TV and now regretting it? You need not worry anymore because we are here with the results of 4 months of research on the best VPN for MLB.TV. Apart from unblocking geo-restrictions, you can also get relief from DDoS attacks, ISP throttling, and buffering issues while streaming your favorite baseball by connecting to a reliable VPN.
MLB.TV is a dreamland for people who love watching different sports. It airs not only the recorded matches but also the live streaming. Every baseball fan must call it the best place to get into all the matches. But, many of the baseball matches are geo-restricted to the US. So, if you are traveling in Canada, you need a VPN to provide you with a US IP address and bypass the MLB blackout to access live streaming.
So, which is the best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada to bypass blackouts? To find the answer, we tested more than 50 VPNs available out there to know their efficacy for MLB.TV blackouts. In this article, we will go into a detailed feature analysis of the best MLB.TV VPNs.
Why Do You Need a VPN for MLB.TV in Canada?
You need a VPN to access all the MLB games in your region. MLB uses IP detection technology to know your location and show you certain shows for that location. In such cases, a VPN will let you stream all MLB games from different areas.
Before any MLB season starts, the executives decide which company will get the rights to air any game. Usually, baseball matches only get live streaming rights in the US. Other regions come into blackout zones.
So, whenever you try to access MLB.TV for a baseball match will screen your IP address. If your IP address is coming from Canada, it will block you from the platform and pops up any one of these error messages saying:
“This video is not currently available due to local or national blackout restrictions. Please click “Learn More” if you require assistance.”
“We’re sorry. We have determined that you are located inside one of the applicable Club’s home television territories and are therefore blacked out of watching the game you selected. Live Audio of this game is available as part of your MLB.TV subscription.”
You can also find out in advance about the baseball match blackout in your region in Canada through the updated blackout map MLB.
Now, if your region is on the blackout list, you can take help from a VPN to connect to the region airing the game. For example, if you are facing a baseball blackout in Canada, you can connect to a US-New York server and get access to the live streaming.
Moreover, to ensure connection stability and a seamless live streaming experience, you should always use a reliable and sturdy VPN like ExpressVPN. This VPN gives you a US IP address and ensures your connection is completely secure and protected. Also, it provides you with ultra-fast streaming speeds, which is another essential characteristic to enjoy a glitch-free live streaming experience.
3 Best VPNs for MLB.TV In Canada [In depth Analysis – 2023]
Let us dive into the detailed feature analysis of our shortlisted 3 Best VPNs for MLB.tv in Canada to bypass blackouts:
1. ExpressVPN — Best VPN for MLB TV in Canada
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada. It offers more than 25 server locations in the US to which you can connect to get baseball streaming in Canada. Moreover, it has 3000 servers in 94 countries worldwide. This wide server diversity helps you stream any other sport that is a blackout on MLB in your region but is available anywhere else.
Also, it has a Media Streamer feature. This advanced DNS technology helps you avoid blackouts in just a few taps. We checked the accuracy of this claim by connecting to the US-New York server of ExpressVPN. After a successful connection, we tried accessing live streaming on MLB.TV. Surprisingly, baseball match live streaming started readily.
Not only could we avoid the blackout on baseball on MLB but also on other games facing the same issues. Moreover, ExpressVPN is a great choice if you want to bypass the geo-restrictions on multiple streaming platforms, including gaming channels. It includes CBC Gem, RTE Player, Acorn TV, Sling TV, NPO, NOS, GoITV, HITN, Twitch TV, Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
ExpressVPN uses a lightway protocol to ensure ultra-fast streaming speed, especially for live-streaming networks. We conducted an ExpressVPN speed test to verify this claim, which also gave us amicable results. Over a 100 Mbps connection, we had an average upload speed of 84.64 Mbps and a download speed of 89.42 Mbps.
The best part is that ExpressVPN is compatible with the most popular streaming devices. So, you can use it on a smartphone, laptop, computer, desktop, tablet, Amazon Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Kodi, Smart TV, etc. Moreover, you can also configure it directly on your Wifi router. Now, any of your VPN-incompatible devices will also have a VPN connection.
Moreover, the advanced military grade 256 Bits AES encryption allows you to have foolproof network security while you are supporting your favorite team. High-grade network security is also essential to ensure you stay completely anonymous online.
You can get ExpressVPN for CA$ 8.89/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). You can also try its full-packed features on Android and iOS for ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial period. In case you need any help with VPN-related troubleshooting, you may contact 24/7 customer support on live chat.
Also, you can get a refund of all your payment if you find a better option to avoid your MLB.TV live streaming blackout under 30 days money back guarantee.
For more information, check out our comprehensive ExpressVPN review.
- Best VPNs for MLB.tv to bypass blackouts
- 256 Bits AES encryption
- Seamless streaming experience
- Lightning fast speed
- More expensive choice than other VPNs
2. Surfshark — Most Budget-friendly VPN for MLB TV
Surfshark is the budget-friendly VPN MLB.TV for just CA$ 2.73/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). You get all those high-end VPN features you only find in premium VPNs. Surfshark has more than 600 servers in the US, which ensures you get a seamless live-streaming experience at the most affordable price.
We tested this claim by connecting to the Surfshark US-Charlotte server. It took us 10-15 seconds to establish a successful VPN connection. However, soon after that, live streaming on MLB.TV started playing in our region in Canada.
Surfshark can not only help you avoid MLB blackout but also bypass multiple other geo-restrictions on your favorite streaming platforms. Therefore, using Surfshark, you can stream Netflix, HBO Prime, Hulu, Acorn TV, Sling TV, CBC Gem, Twitch TV, Willow TV, etc., in Canada.
Our Surfshark speed test also gave us amicable results. Over a 100 Mbps connection, we had an average download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an average upload speed of 76.12 Mbps.
Moreover, you can use it on any streaming device, including mobile phones, laptops, smart TVs, desktops, Kodi, tablets, Roku, Firestick, and many more. The best part is it has a dedicated application for most of these.
Surfshark offers the liberty to connect as many devices to a single VPN connection as you want. This feature makes it another great option if you are tight on budget and want a VPN for your whole family. However, be aware before abusing this feature because too many device connections will start causing a speed lag.
You can also try its features free using Surfshark’s 7 days free trial on your macOS, Android, and iOS devices.
Moreover, you may also avail of a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are unhappy with your VPNs performance with MLB.TV. If you need any help, contact 24/7 customer support on live chat to troubleshoot any VPN-related problem.
To learn more about this affordable VPN, check out our thorough Surfshark review.
- Budget-friendly MLB TV VPN
- Great efficacy in bypassing blackouts on MLB TV
- Internet Kill Switch
- DNS/IP leak protection
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 customer support on live chat
- It takes 10-15 seconds every time you try to connect to the VPN
- The desktop app needs improvement
3. NordVPN — Largest Server Network VPN for MLB TV
NordVPN has the largest server network VPN for MLB.TV in Canada. It has more than 1970 US servers and 5200+ servers globally. This wide server diversity ensures the least internet congestion and an uncapped bandwidth for a seamless live streaming experience on MLB.TV.
We connected to NordVPN’s US-Seattle server to know its efficacy in avoiding blackouts on baseball live streaming in Canada. Surprisingly, we got an internet connection quite readily. Soon after that, we could access live streaming on baseball matches in our region where it was previously blacked out.
You may also use your NordVPN connection to bypass geo-restriction on multiple other streaming platforms, including gaming channels. So, with NordVPN, you can stream on Netflix, HBO Max, Twitch TV, Sling TV, Acorn TV, CBCB Gem, RTE Player, GoITV, HITN, Willow TV, etc., in Canada.
To know the streaming speed, we conducted a NordVPN speed test. Over a 100 Mbps connection, we had an average upload speed of 44.64 Mbps and an average download speed of 83.82 Mbps. We faced slight internet glitches and buffering during our 4 hours of the test session. However, these slight inconveniences are not so well pronounced to affect our overall streaming experience.
Moreover, you can use it on most types of streaming devices, such as Xbox, Amazon Firestick, mobile phones, laptops, Roku, Smart TV, Apple TV, computer, desktops, etc.
NordVPN comes with advanced 256 Bits AES encryption and a double VPN feature to ensure your connection remains completely secure while bypassing the MLB TV blackouts using a US IP address.
You can get your NordVPN subscription for CA$ 4.65/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) per month with three months of free usage in its 2-year price plan. If you are unhappy with the performance, you may also claim all your money under the 30-day money-back guarantee.
There’s also NordVPN’s 7-day free trial available for Android users. Also, you may contact 24/7 customer support on live chat in case you have any questions related to NordVPN usage.
If you want to learn more about this VPN provider, check out our thorough NordVPN review.
- Largest server network for MLB.TV live streaming
- Unlimited bandwidth
- DNS leak protection
- Double VPN
- Obfuscation feature
- Not a very economical choice
- Customer support is not quick enough
Methodology: How To Choose The Best VPN For MLB.TV in Canada?
We made our set of standards and examined the efficacy of each VPN against that. These standards made sure our best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada has all the features necessary to avoid blackouts on baseball matches in Canada successfully.
- Efficacy for MLB.tv live streams: Most VPNs in the market do not have servers powerful enough to give a seamless live streaming experience. Also, MLB.TV has such a sensitive screening method that many VPNs cannot bypass the blackout. So, we tested each VPNs efficacy to avoid MLB blackout and give a seamless live streaming experience.
- Speed: Enjoying live streaming buffering is the first thing you want to avoid. What a nuisance it brings when your favorite player is on the pitch, and it starts buffering. So, we made sure our best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada gives you an ultra-fast speed for a 4K streaming experience without a glitch.
- Customer support: Not every baseball fan in Canada is tech-savvy. So, a 24/7 customer must be there to help the users with any kind of VPN-related query. Also, we made sure of our list of the best VPNs for MLB.TV to bypass blackouts must have live chat support. Live chat helps you have quick, personalized answers and is the most effective way to troubleshoot any VPN-related problem.
- Price: Along with all the other features, we focused on the price tag any VPN offers. Especially when it comes to signing up for long-term VPN deals, we ensure the best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada is offering enough discounts to make it budget-friendly.
Quick Comparison Table: Best VPN for MLB.tv in Canada
Here is the comparison table for you to have a quick overview of the salient features that can help you decide the best MLB.TV VPN in Canada for you:
|Streaming Video Quality||4K Ultra HD||HD and ultra 4k HD||4K UHD|
|Access to Streaming Platform||MLB TV, Netflix, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, Hulu Disney+, Amazon Prime.||MLB TV, YouTube, Netflix US, Apple TV+, Sling TV, and Hulu||MLB TV, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, YouTube TV, Netflix, Crackle|
|Compatible Devices||Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Linux, PS4&5 and more||iOS, Nintendo, Android, Windows, Xbox, Roku, routers, etc||Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Firestick, Roku, PS etc|
|Average Speed (Base: 100 Mbps)||89.42+ Mbps||81.32+ Mbps||83.82+ Mbps|
|Simultaneous Device Connections||5||Unlimited||6|
|Lowest Price||CA$ 8.89/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)||CA$ 2.73/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)||CA$ 4.65/mo (US$ 3.49/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)|
|Detailed Review||ExpressVPN Review||Surfshark Review||NordVPN Review|
How to use a VPN to Bypass MLB.tv Blackouts?
Here is how to use a VPN to avoid MLB.TV blackouts on different media streaming devices in Canada:
How to avoid MLB.TV blackouts on PC?
If you are watching MLB.TV on your PC using a browser, here is how you avoid blackout:
- Subscribe to the best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada, like ExpressVPN, has robust US servers.
- Install the app and log in to your account using the credentials that you’ve been provided at the subscription time.
- Connect to a US server from the app’s home page. If you are using ExpressVPN, we recommend connecting to the US-New York server.
- Open your web browser and go to MLB.tv. Your live streaming will begin without any halt.
How to avoid MLB.TV blackouts on Fire TV or FireStick?
Here is how to avoid MLB blackout on Fire TV or Fire Stick:
- Subscribe to a VPN service provider on your computer or smartphone. We prioritize using ExpressVPN.
- Get the VPN app from the Amazon Appstore and install it.
- Log in to your account and connect to a US server from the home page of the VPN app.
- Launch the MLB.tv app and enjoy live baseball streaming.
How to avoid MLB.TV blackouts on Kodi?
Here you avoid MLB.tv blackouts on Kodi using a VPN:
- Install a VPN on your smartphone or computer. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Complete the sign-up process and download the VPN app to your device.
- If a VPN add-on is available for Kodi, install it.
- You’ll need to install the OpenVPN add-on on your device if your VPN provider doesn’t offer its own Kodi add-on. [Once you’ve completed this step, you’ll need to configure an OpenVPN connection manually. In this case, you will have step-by-step instructions from your VPN provider.]
- Connect to the US server on the app’s home page.
- On your Kodi device, launch the MLB.tv add-on and start watching live streaming.
MLB.TV not working with a VPN? Here’s how to fix it:
There can be multiple reasons why MLB.TV is not working with a VPN. Some of them are:
- Bypassing geo-restrictions isn’t possible with your VPN provider.
- There is a leak in your actual IP address.
- The cookies on your browser reveal the real location of your computer.
- An internet connection issue may be causing a media error.
Here are some things you can do to fix these problems:
- Your VPN should have leak protection enabled.
- You should clear your browser’s or device’s cookies and cache.
- Reboot the VPN app or reinstall it.
- Re-login to your MLB account after logging out.
- The last thing you can do is reinstall MLB.tv on your device.
- Reboot your device.
- Reboot your wifi-router.
- Change your VPN provider.
Unblock MLB Blackout Restriction Via YouTube TV
Here is how to unblock MLB blackout restrictions via Youtube TV:
- Subscribe to the best VPN for MLB. We recommend using ExpressVPN.
- Login to the account and connect to the US server.
- Go to Youtube TV and search ESPN there.
- Enjoy live streaming your MLB baseball here.
Can I use a free VPN to get around MLB blackouts?
No, you cannot use a free VPN to get around MLB blackouts. A free VPN does not have servers powerful enough to bypass blackouts on MLB.TV. Even if you manage to bypass blackout for a while, the speed and connection stability will be so pathetic that you will prefer turning it off.
Moreover, free VPNs also compromise user security and privacy. Therefore, all your data is prone to malicious third-party attacks as soon as you connect to the free VPN for MLB.TV.
Even some of the free MLB.TV VPNs are notorious for trapping users by bypassing their blackouts. They then track their personal data and information and sell it to malicious third parties. Therefore, we recommend avoiding free VPNs at any cost.
FAQs – Best VPN for MLB TV in Canada
Does MLB.TV Work with VPN in Canada?
Yes, MLB.TV works well with the VPN in Canada. However, not all VPNs can help you bypass MLB blackouts. Only the best VPNs for MLB.TV having robust VPN servers that can ditch sensitive screening can help you have live streaming on this platform. We recommend using ExpressVPN as it is the best VPN for MLB.TV to bypass blackouts.
Does MLB.TV Block VPNs in Canada?
Yes, MLB.TV blocks the VPNs in Canada. Since VPNs bypass the copyrights and licensing agreement to let you bypass MLB.TV blackout, it tries to detect and block them. However, when you are using a robust VPN service, it will have powerful servers with strong security and privacy features. This will help you stay undetected on MLB.TV. We recommend using ExpressVPN as it is the best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada to avoid blackouts on this platform.
Is it illegal to Use VPN to Stream MLB.TV in Canada?
No, it is not illegal to use a VPN to stream MLB.TV in Canada. Fortunately, no country has made any law that forbids its citizens from using VPNs to bypass internet restrictions. However, since you are bypassing the licensing agreements on MLB by using VPN, make sure your Internet Kill Switch is always on to avoid any trouble.
After months of continuous effort, we can finally declare ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN as the best MLB.TV VPN in Canada. However, ExpressVPN takes a clear lead owing to its excellent efficacy in avoiding MLB.TV blackouts. The best part is you can claim all your money if you do not like ExpressVPN performance for your MLB baseball live streaming.
We hope this article helped you pick the best VPN for MLB.TV in Canada to bypass the blackouts on this platform. In case you have any more questions, you may comment below. It would be our pleasure to help you with our best knowledge.