One of the greatest threats to businesses of the modern day is how to secure their data and confidential information from falling into the wrong hands, especially if they are digitalized. To overcome any security hurdles that will definitely arise at least once in its journey, getting the best cloud VPN for business in Australia is the smartest move a venture can make.
A company without the best VPN for business in Australia configured will be unable to safeguard its assets and information, resulting in inevitably drastic losses. Cloud VPN services allow businesses to protect their sensitive data from cybersecurity threats like malicious hacker attacks, ransomware attacks, loss of data, leaking of information to third parties, etc.
If you own a company and constantly fret over protecting your business from such risk, keep reading this article to explore some excellent options for the best VPN for router in Australia configuration, that will help you and your employees secure your data and workflows.
Quick Overview: Best Cloud VPN for Business in Australia 
Amongst all the VPNs and Cloud VPN services available in the market, we have handpicked the best Cloud VPN for business in Australia for you, and have provided you with 3 options to keep the choice open for you.
A quick overview of each VPN cloud service is presented below:
- Perimeter 81 – scalable cloud VPN for business; offers 700 servers in 36 countries; easy scalability for business use; two-factor authentication, WireGuard, and OpenVPN supported for security.
- NordLayer – most secure cloud VPN for business; top-notch 256-AES encryption; offers servers in 33+ countries; ThreatBlock feature for malicious websites; dedicated IPs available in 27 countries.
- ExpressVPN – Best cloud VPN for business; Lightway protocol for super-speeds; 1 ms/300 Mbps download rate; AES 256-GCM cipher; Network Lock kill switch, TrusterServer feature, and zero-log policy for security.
Why do businesses in Australia need a Cloud VPN?
Businesses in this era of digitalization tend to operate online with databases and software that store large amounts of data on the cloud. To avoid leakage of this data into harmful streams of information exchange, Cloud VPNs are utilized as they provide the best, secure cloud services to store data online.
All devices are linked through private networking instead of a public one when a business uses a cloud VPN service. They are kept operating under tight security measures such as data encryption protocols, enabling access to remote employees as well, as keeping them connected with the company’s VPC (Virtual Private Cloud).
3 Best Cloud VPNs for Business in Australia [In-depth Analysis – 2023]
In this section, we will be analyzing our options for the best cloud VPN for business in Australia closely. The cloud VPN services that we have chosen after careful consideration include Perimeter 81, NordLayer, and ExpressVPN.
Read about each service in the sub-sections below.
1. Perimeter 81 – Scalable Cloud VPN for business
- Site-to-site and remote access VPNs
- Access control is application-centered
- Features Firewall services
- System based on single sign-on
Being the most scalable cloud VPN for small business offered in the industry, getting a Perimeter 81 subscription will help you shield your business from all external risks of information leaks and data theft. It offers dedicated IPs through its 700 servers that are spread across 36 countries in the world.
Using safety-assuring protocols like WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2 that create a stable cloud environment for each member of the organization, Perimeter 81 also offers other market-leading tools like a 256-AES cipher and web filtering to avoid all sorts of risks ranging from hackers to malware.
We tested Perimeter 81 for IP and DNS leaks by connecting to one of its Australian servers. As you can see below, the results show that we were using an Australian IP address instead of our actual one:
Perimeter 81 is also the best VPN with Split Tunneling, ensuring secure remote access with built-in fully customized network capabilities. With a WireGuard feature in place to ensure smooth split tunneling with Perimeter 81 between servers, it offers excellent download and upload speeds both on the employer’s and employee’s end.
We received a download speed of 88.48 Mbps and an upload speed of 79.42 Mbps. The baseline speed established for both downloads and uploads was 100 Mbps, making it one of the fastest cloud VPNs in Australia available.
Perimeter 81 offers applications for most of the mainstream operating systems so businesses can easily use a plethora of devices that are compatible. Compatible systems include Windows, iOS, Android, macOS, etc. On top of this, you get to keep 5 devices connected simultaneously with a single subscription.
You can get Perimeter 81 for AU$11.47/mo with an annual subscription plan, the price is reduced after a 20% discount is applied. Moreover, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you’re always welcome to first try it out.
- Built to meet business needs
- Super-fast speeds
- Monthly cost is too high
2. NordLayer – Most secure cloud VPN for business
- Application to be accessed using user portal
- 2FA with biometric supported
- Risk prevention for sites and cloud platforms
- Dedicated IPs provided
NordLayer has the safest cloud VPN infrastructure you will find anywhere. With servers in 33+ locations across the globe, this cloud VPN is installed with an AES-256 cipher that is surely the hardest to crack and get past.
Security protocols like OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPsec, and a high-functioning kill switch are offered so that neither the employer nor the employee ever places the organization at risk for data leaks. The ThreatBlock feature automatically stops users from accessing malicious websites, and network segmentation improves overall security levels. We tested NordLayer for any IP and DNS leaks by using its UK – England server and it didn’t leak our IP address. The results show we were accessing through a UK IP address.
For a VPN that is extra-safe when it comes to operations, NordLayer is also very secure and retains 96% of the internet speed once users connect to its servers. The average download speed found during testing is 83.82 Mbps and that of uploads is 44.64 Mbps on our 100 Mbps internet connection.
NordLayer is also extremely user-friendly as it offers a straightforward control panel, SSO (Single Sign-On), and user-management options with its application including custom getaways, permission management, and employee organization into groups or teams.
According to our NordLayer review, you can get the NordLayer application for your company on Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS for AU$10.07/mo with the annual subscription plan, after a 22% discount.
- ThreatBlock feature
- Network Segmentation for security every step of the way
- Efficient account management
- Limited server locations
- No kill switch for iOS
3. ExpressVPN – Best cloud VPN for Business in Australia
- Standard VPN service
- Five simultaneous connections allowed
- Wi-Fi protection
- Threat Manager with TrustedServer feature
ExpressVPN is the kind of cloud VPN service that is a go-to option for most VPN users as well as businesses as it offers standards that are hard to match. With an exceptionally large server network of 3000+ servers that are located in different regions in 94+ countries across the globe, ExpressVPN exceeds all expectations with its overall outstanding performance.
Programmed with security protocols like the infamous 256-AES encryption, no-log policy, an ExpressVPN kill switch called Network Lock, Threat Manager to protect against malicious ads, TrusterServer feature for each server, and OpenVPN as well as Lightway Protocol for secure and blazing-fast connections, ExpressVPN functions as a secure cloud VPN for business in Australia.
We also tested ExpressVPN for any IP and DNS leaks by connecting to an Albanian server. Luckily the VPN passed our tests as the results showed we were in possession of an Albanian IP address:
When we conducted an ExpressVPN speed test, we were able to determine average speeds for downloads and uploads on a baseline internet connection of 100 Mbps. The download speed is 89.42 Mbps while the upload speed is 84.64 Mbps, which is by far the best speed range any VPN or cloud VPN offers.
ExpressVPN is the perfect option to choose if you’re stuck in the VPN vs Cloud VPN debate because it has a long list of peerless features, including device compatibility on all mainstream platforms including Windows, iOS, Android, and macOS.
With the ability to connect up to 6 devices at the same time, which is very reasonable for a business, our ExpressVPN review shows that the ExpressVPN cost is the most market-competitive rate; only AU$ 9.98/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Methodology: How to choose Best Cloud VPNs for Business in Australia
You can choose the best cloud VPN for business in Australia by looking at the set of security and speed features that each VPN offers. Although these two are the criteria that the ultimate best service must satisfy, there are also some others that help take the service provider from a 1 to a solid 10. They are as follows:
- Speed: Since the use of a cloud VPN is on a much larger scale with more stakeholders involved during the business, the connection and information sharing speeds must be super-fast. Cloud VPN services that keep the employees connected to the VPC of their business require connection speeds that go up to 100+ Mbps.
- Reliability: If a cloud VPN is not reliable, there is no point in subscribing to it to help with your business affairs. A reliable cloud VPN for small businesses will be one that keeps the confidentiality of their data intact while providing them with cloud space to store their assets in a much more sophisticated and organized manner.
- Strong encryption: The most important feature that a cloud VPN for business must cater to at all costs is strong encryption. The stronger the encryption and decryption process is, with no data leaks while the information is shared, the more efficient will the business be in terms of organizing its resources and avoiding losses.
- Worldwide support: The cloud VPN that has dedicated IPs to offer from around the world is one of the best options a business can decide on since it is a requisite for the security of their data and that information like their local IP never falls into the hands of hackers, scammers, and trackers.
- First-class customer support: What would a premium cloud VPN for business be if one cannot reach out for assistance during the time of troubleshooting to the service’s customer support? Since there is a lot more stake involved with businesses, a cloud VPN that is able to communicate with them timely through customer support when they face issues is the one to choose for the long run.
Quick Comparison Table: Best Cloud VPNs for Business in Australia
Here’s a quick comparison of the features offered by the best Cloud VPNs for businesses in Australia:
|Jurisdiction||Israel||Panama||British Virgin Islands|
|Encryption protocol||AES 256-bit||AES 256-bit||AES 256-bit|
|Logging policy||Keeps some logs||No-logs VPN||No-logs VPN|
|Average Speed (Base: 100 Mbps)||85.76+ Mbps||83.72+ Mbps||89.42+ Mbps|
|Simultaneous Device Connections||5||6||5|
|Compatibility||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, routers|
|Price||AU$11.47/mo with 20% off on yearly plans||AU$10.07/mo with up to 22% discount on yearly plans||AU$ 9.98/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)|
|Money-back guarantee||30 days||14 days||30 days|
What is a cloud VPN?
Cloud VPNs are VPN services that function using cloud-based servers and administrator consoles that allow remote installation of cloud-based software using secure and privatized links so that businesses and remote employees may connect to SaaS applications. Therefore, getting the best cloud VPN for business ensures secure connections virtually anywhere.
How to set up a Cloud VPN for Business
Follow these steps to set up a Cloud VPN for Business:
- To set up your business with a cloud VPN, you need to first subscribe to the best cloud VPN for business, such as Perimeter 81 or ExpressVPN.
- Once you gain your subscription, the next step is to get the VPN application.
- Down the VPN app and configure your office router to start managing your employees’ accounts using the control panel or dedicated account manager provided by the VPN itself.
Is it good to use Free Cloud VPN for Business in Australia?
While opting for free cloud VPNs for business in Australia seems like an approach that will save you some bucks, we do not recommend using them as they will put your business and its user data at a great security risk. You may not find an adequate free cloud VPN for small businesses, but some traditional free VPNs in Australia like Windscribe and ProtonVPN can be used for this purpose.
FAQs – Best VPN for Business in Australia
What VPN do most businesses use in Australia?
The cloud VPN used most by businesses is Perimeter 81 due to its business-friendly programming, especially with the scalability features that it offers. Perimeter 81 has features that are tailor-made to fit the purpose of business security which is why it is most commonly opted for.
Are Cloud VPNs good for businesses in Australia?
Yes, cloud VPNs are perfectly good for businesses in Australia. In fact, using a cloud VPN for your business is the wisest choice you can make as it will handle your data and online traffic with complete security and ensure that whichever cloud server you are using, it never causes your business to suffer a loss due to information leaks, phishing, and malware or hacker attacks, etc.
What Are the Different Types of Cloud VPN Models?
There are two types of cloud VPNs, namely site-to-site VPNs and remote access VPNs. Using the site-to-site model allows you to connect a specific network to a different network site while using the remote access model will ensure that the employees of any particular business are able to connect to the private corporate network for useful resources available on the cloud.
And that is all for our effort to help you secure your business, small or large-scale. We hope you now have no further queries about how to protect your business from cybersecurity threats, which best cloud VPN for business in Australia to choose, and how to make the right decision while selecting a service provider.
Secure your business, enhance productivity, and protect your data with the best cloud VPN in Australia. Get peace of mind knowing your information is protected while you connect to the cloud from anywhere, anytime. Choose the best cloud VPN and take the first step in ensuring a safe, seamless, and efficient digital environment for your business.
Leave your comments below for any unanswered questions that may pop into your mind.