Want to watch Hulu exclusive content like PEN15 Season 2, Mother/ Android, and much more? Hulu is one of the most popular American streaming services that also offers a dedicated app for iOS devices like iPad and iPhone. However, Hulu is available in the US only and is blocked elsewhere.
So, if you are wondering how to watch Hulu on iPad in Australia, you will need a VPN to access the OTT streaming service. With a VPN, you can unblock Hulu on your iPad within minutes. So, without further ado, here’s how you can watch Hulu on your iPad devices.
How to Watch Hulu on iPad in Australia [Easy Steps]
Follow the steps below to stream Hulu on iPad in Australia:
- Choose a VPN and sign up for it (we recommend ExpressVPN as it offers 23+ servers in the US).
- Install the VPN app on your iPad from App Store.
- Login to the VPN using your email and password.
- Connect to a US server (we recommend New Jersey – 3 server).
- Visit hulu.com or open Hulu app and start streaming Hulu movies and shows from the US.
3 Best VPNs to Watch Hulu on iPad in Australia [Quick Overview]
Here’s a quick overview of the best VPNs to watch Hulu on iPad in Australia for 2023:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for watching Hulu on iPad. Offers 23+ US servers, with 3000+ servers overall. Offers a 7-day free trial for iPhones and iPad. Available for just AU$ 10.07/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for watching Hulu on iPad. Costing only AU$ 3.47/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) . It has 500+ US servers in 20+ cities. Supports bufferless Hulu streaming with unlimited connections and a 30-day refund policy with a 7 day free trial for iOS.
- NordVPN – Fastest VPN for watching Hulu on iPad. Offers fast speed to access Hulu with 1970+ US servers and 5200 servers worldwide. There’s a 7 day free trial for iOS. Allows 6 simultaneous device connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee for just AU$ 6.02/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) .
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu in Australia on iPad [Detailed Analysis]
Here are the 3 best iPad VPN services to watch Hulu on iPad in Australia. They offer a dedicated app for iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone, and work flawlessly with Hulu abroad.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN for watching Hulu on iPad in Australia
- 3,000+ Servers in 94 Countries
- Hard disk free infrastructure (RAM only)
- 256-bit Military-Grade Encryption
- Excellent unblocking capability for Netflix, Hulu & more
- 5 Multi Logins
- Zero-knowledge DNS
ExpressVPN is the top VPN for streaming your favorite content on Hulu on iPad in Australia. It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries and over 23+ servers located in 14 US cities, making it an excellent choice to unblock Hulu in Australia.
When testing ExpressVPN with Hulu in Australia, we got amazing streaming speeds on all its servers. It’s New Jersey – 3 server was the fastest, offering a download speed of 88.31 Mbps on a 100 Mbps speed base connection. Thus, you can easily stream your favorite shows like Port Protection Alaska Season 6, and The Drop (2022) in Australia
ExpressVPN costs AU$10.07/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. ExpressVPN has a 7-day free trial for iOS devices (iPad and iPhone) as well.
You can refer to our ExpressVPN review Australia for more information. You can also unblock Hulu in Spain, or Hulu in Canada with NordVPN with ease.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for watching Hulu on iPad
- 3,200+ servers in 100 countries
- RAM-only servers (no hard disks)
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unblocks Netflix and More
- 24/7 Customer Service
Surfshark is one of the most budget-friendly VPNs to watch Hulu on iPad in US and enjoy your favorite shows. It has 3200+ servers in 100 countries and more than 500+ servers in the US.
When testing Hulu with Surfshark in Australia we could stream “Pen15” and other Hulu original content when connected to its United States Bend server, which was the fastest, offering 75 speeds on a 100 Mbps base connection. With this speed, you can stream your favorite movies on shows on Hulu like Extraordinary (Hulu Original) in Australia, and Happening (2021) from anywhere.
Surfshark supports unlimited simultaneous connections and offers a 7-day free trial in Australia for iOS devices (iPad and iPhone). It is available for just AU$ 3.47/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee as well.
Read our Surfshark VPN review Australia for detailed information on this VPN.
3. NordVPN – Fastest VPN for watching Hulu on iPad
- 5100+ servers in 60+ countries
- Military-grade encryption (Double VPN encryption)
- CyberSec protects your device from intrusive ads
- Strict no-logs policy
- Automatic Kill Switch
- DNS leak protection
- 6 Multi-logins
- Live chat support
- Easy-to-use app
NordVPN is one of the fastest VPNs in Australia for watching Hulu on your iPad. It offers 5500+ servers in 60 countries with over 1970+ servers in the United States for unblocking Hulu Live TV and on-demand TV content in Australia including your favorite titles like Narco Bling: Getting Chapo Guzman, and Trafficked with Mariana van Zeller: Season 3.
During testing, we were able to stream Rick and Morty in Ultra HD on its Chicago server, which was the fastest, offering 91 Mbps on a 100 Mbps base connection. With NordVPN, you can also watch Netflix US, Sling TV, Adult Swim, TBS, FOX TV, and HBO Max.
NordVPN allows 6 device connections simultaneously and is available for AU$ 6.02/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. There is a 7-day free trial for iOS devices as well.
Read our NordVPN review Australia for more details.
Hulu Supported iOS Devices in Australia
Hulu supports iOS devices with iOS 13.0 or above. So, if you have an iPad or iPhone running on iOS 13.0, you can easily download Hulu’s latest app. You can also watch it on Apple TV as well.
If you are using an iOS device with iOS 12, you will need the following devices:
- iPhone 5S or later.
- iPad Touch 6th generation.
- iPod Touch
- iPad 5th generation or later (iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and iPad Mini).
Troubleshooting issues on iPad while Streaming Hulu in Australia
If you are using one of the above-recommended VPNs are have issues streaming shows Hulu on your iPad and iPhone devices in Australia, here are a few troubleshooting tips.
- Regularly update your Hulu iPad app: Make sure the app is up to date, as old versions often create streaming issues. Make sure you are using the latest Hulu app.
- Try a different server: In case you cannot watch Hulu, you can change the VPN server and connect to a different location.
- Reconnect the VPN: If changing servers doesn’t work, disconnect from the VPN and close the app. Now, wait for a few minutes, and connect to the VPN again.
- Clear app history: Try cleaning up Hulu application history to get a smooth streaming experience. It will clean up app space. Also, log out of your Hulu account, and log in again.
- Reinstall the Hulu app: If the above tips don’t work, delete the app and download the Hulu app again.
How to Watch Hulu on iPad in Australia: FAQs
Let’s look at some of the most frequently asked questions regarding Hulu on iPad in Australia
Is Hulu available on iOS in Australia?
Yes, Hulu has an official iOS app that you can download from the App Store. It works both on iPad and iOS devices in Australia.
Why won’t Hulu play on my iPad in Australia?
If you are experiencing trouble playing Hulu on your iPad in Australia, close the app and open it again. You can also decrease the video quality for a smooth experience. If it still doesn’t work, delete the app and reinstall it and try streaming your favorite show.
How does Hulu know your location in Australia?
Hulu uses algorithms like Netflix and other streaming platforms. These algorithms can check your device’s location via IP address, DNS data, and IPv6 connectivity. This information can then be used to see your location and provide or deny access to Hulu content in Australia.
Can I watch Hulu on iPad Mini in Australia?
Yes, you can watch Hulu on iPad 5th generation or later, including iPad Mini 2,3, and 4 in in Australia.
Hulu is one of the most popular on-demand streaming services with amazing exclusive content like watching Web of Death Mini Series 2023, Alert: Missing Persons Unit, and Live TV as well. Hulu imposes geo-restrictions on its platform and is only available for viewers in the US. However, you can watch Hulu on iPad in Australia using a VPN, as shown above.
Our top recommendation is ExpressVPN, as it consistently unblocks Hulu and offers a dedicated app for iPad that you can download from the App Store.
It is the most reliable VPN in the VPN industry for watching Hulu on iPad in Australia and it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee that allows you to test the service risk-free for 30 days.