YouTube TV is one fantastic streaming service, offering some of the most popular content titles, such as Jumanji, Wheel of Fortune, and Modern Family. It further comes with the top American channels, including ABC, Comedy Central, NFL Network, CBS, and more.
But, Is YouTube TV available in Canada?
Well, YouTube TV is currently only available in the United States of America. So, if you live in Canada, then you can only access the streaming platform using a VPN.
If you try to access YouTube TV in the Canadian region with a virtual private network, you will be displayed with the following geo-restriction error:
Sorry, you can’t watch TV here. But we’ll keep adding recordings to your library so you can watch them when you get home.
To watch YouTube TV in Canada, you will need to change your actual IP address to the US with the help of the most popular VPNs for Canada. A VPN offers multiple US servers that allow you to bypass YouTube TV’s geo-restrictions and enjoy streaming.
So, join us today as we tell you how to access YouTube TV in Canada and the best VPN services for it.
3 Best VPNs to Unblock YouTube TV in Canada
There are only a few working VPNs since Youtube TV has deployed a strong VPN detection mechanism that prevents access to YouTube TV.
Below are the best Youtube TV VPNs that are known to bypass its detection and offer guaranteed access.
1. ExpressVPN – The Best VPN to stream YouTube TV in Canada
ExpressVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN for streaming YouTube TV in Canada. This provider has remained unmatched for streaming for many years due to its mind-blowing unblocking capabilities.
ExpressVPN offers thousands of servers across 94 countries, with servers in around 25 cities in the United States of America.
ExpressVPN offers multiple servers in 25 US locations.
With the American servers, Canadians will never experience any geo-blocking issue concerning YouTube TV or any other popular streaming service such as BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Sling TV In Canada and Stream Vudu in Canada. In fact, ExpressVPN works great with Disney+.
As for the streaming quality and VPN connection speed, ExpressVPN delivered a fast speed of 87 Mbps on an internet connection of 100 Mbps. Due to these speeds, we could enjoy YouTube TV in Ultra-HD video quality.
Furthermore, our ExpressVPN speed test concluded that the following servers offer the best speeds while accessing YouTube TV:
|Recommended US Servers||Speed Test Result|
|New York||87.21 Mbps|
ExpressVPN also comes with MediaStreamer. This service allows its users to unblock their favorite VoD platforms on devices that are not so user-friendly for VPN configuration, such as routers, Smart TVs, PlayStation, and Xbox.
It has become the top choice for YouTube TV in Canada with a strict no-logs policy, completely free of IP and DNS leak issues, reliable connectivity, a friendly user interface, and five simultaneous connections.
You get this VPN at a cost of $6.67/mo (Save 49% and get 3 extra months FREE with 12-month plan). Along with that, it further offers a 30-day money-back guarantee to users.
Go through our ExpressVPN review for further details about this VPN.
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Stream YouTube TV in Canada
Surfshark is quite an affordable VPN to stream YouTube TV in Canada. Since the year 2018, Surfshark has been a popular unblocking option for Canadians looking for something cost-effective.
Surfshark’s server network consists of 3200+ servers worldwide, including 600+ servers in 23+ American cities.
Surfshark offers US servers in 23+ cities.
With over half a thousand servers in the United States, Canadians can easily bypass YouTube TV restrictions from their homes in Canada. They can also stream Apple TV+, NBC, Paramount+, UKTV, and Hulu in Canada.
As for connection speeds, Surfshark manages to offer a decent 84 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps internet connection during testing for endless Ultra-HD video streaming.
Furthermore, our Surfshark speed test concluded that the following servers offer the best speeds while accessing YouTube TV:
|Recommended US Servers||Speed Test Result|
|Los Angeles||86.74 Mbps|
It offers unlimited simultaneous connections, which is a scarce feature these days.
Its advanced features such as Multi-Hop, NoBorders Mode, and Camouflage Mode are the default choice for many privacy-seeking internet users.
This VPN is available at a price of just $2.49/mo (Save 81% on 2 Years Plan), and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Refer to our Surfshark review for further details about this VPN.
3. NordVPN – Fastest VPN to Access YouTube TV in Canada
NordVPN is the fastest VPN service to stream YouTube TV in Canada. Throughout our testing, NordVPN delivered lightning-fast speed for consistent 4K Ultra-HD video quality streaming. In addition, it offered an impressive 92 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps base internet connection.
With a server network of 5500+ servers worldwide, including 1,970+ servers in the US, one can easily access not only YouTube TV but also YuppTV, NHK, CNBC, DAZN, ESPN+, ABC Go, and HBO Max in Canada. Also, NordVPN Netflix is a perfect combo.
NordVPN servers in 15 US cities to help you access YouTube TV.
Furthermore, our NordVPN speed test concluded that the following servers offer the best speeds while accessing YouTube TV:
|Recommended US Servers||Speed Result|
|New Jersey||92.43 Mbps|
|San Francisco||94.12 Mbps|
NordVPN also offers strong security features such as Double VPN, CyberSec, Onion Over VPN, AES-256-Bit encryption, secure DNS, and internet kill switch.
A single NordVPN account can be used on 6 devices simultaneously. This YouTube TV Canada VPN is easily compatible with popular devices such as Windows, Android, iOS, Firestick, Android TV Box, Linux, router, Chromebook, PS4, Xbox, and more.
NordVPN is available for just $3.99/mo (Save 70% on 2 Years Plan + Extra Subscription). Also, along with every NordVPN premium subscription, comes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Refer to our NordVPN review for further details about this VPN.
How to Subscribe to a YouTube TV Account in Canada?
To subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
Subscribe to YouTube TV account in Canada via a PayPal account
To subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada, you require a PayPal ID that’s valid. You can either ask a family member or friend in the United States for their PayPal account, or you can acquire it yourself since PayPal is available in Canada:
Subscribe to YouTube TV in Canada via a Gmail account in the US
To set up a US Gmail account that will be required for completing the YouTube TV subscription, follow the steps below:
YouTube TV Supported Devices
You can watch YouTube TV on the following devices:
Smartphones and Tablets
- Android 5.0 Lollipop (Phones & Tablets)
- iOS 11 (iPhone & iPad)
Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Cube
- Fire TV Stick
- PS4 and Pro
- Xbox One, One Series X, One X & Series S,
- Android TV
- Vizio SmartCast
- Sony Smart TV
- Samsung TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
Streaming Media Players
- Apple TV
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada on Android?
Here are the steps to watch YouTube on Android in Canada:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Install its app on Android and connect to a US server.
- Once connected, visit the Google Play Store and click on the three horizontal-lined icon.
- Visit Account and change your region to the United States.
- Go back to the Play Store and look for the YouTube TV app.
- Download the app on your device once you find it.
- Launch the app, log in, and enjoy YouTube TV in Canada.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada on iOS?
Follow the step-by-step guide below to watch YouTube TV on iOS in Canada:
- Visit Settings on iOS and tap on your profile.
- Click on Media & Purchases > View Account. You’d require inserting your passcode and Touch ID to verify this action.
- Then, press Country/Region and click on Change Country or Region. Select the US as your region.
- You will immediately be redirected to Terms and Conditions. Click on Agree to continue.
- Insert all the details required. You’d require a US postal code and address (Look for one on Google).
- Click Done after you’ve entered everything.
- Once you’ve changed the region, visit your App Store and install YouTube TV’s app.
- Once downloaded, connect to the US server of ExpressVPN and start streaming!
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Fire TV/FireStick?
Follow the steps below to access YouTube on Amazon Fire TV and FireStick in Canada:
- Go to Amazon’s site and sign in to your account.
- Click Accounts & Lists > Your Accounts and Content from there.
- Then, switch your region from Canada to the US.
- Connect your FireStick to Smart TV and head over to Settings.
- Sign out and sign back into your Amazon account.
- Install the ExpressVPN and YouTube TV app from the Amazon App Store.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a US server.
- Sign in to your YouTube TV app and enjoy! [/highlighter]
Can I Get YouTube TV on Apple TV in Canada?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV in Canada on Apple TV by following the steps below:
- Visit the Setup page of ExpressVPN and get the MediaStreamer DNS IP address.
- Visit Settings > Network > Wi-Fi on your Apple TV.
- Click on the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to and press Configure DNS.
- Choose Manual and enter the MediaStreamer DNS IP Address.
- Switch off your Apple TV and restart it.
- Go to the App Store, look for YouTube TV, and install the app.
- Download the app on your device, sign in, and enjoy streaming!
Which Networks are available with YouTube TV?
YouTube TV offers live TV streaming, regional sports, local news, and local entertainment channels with various movies and TV shows under one subscription.
Some of the popular YouTube TV Canada channels/stations include:
- BBC World News
- Adult Swim
- Animal Planet
Also, you can add channels by paying for add-ons such as HBO Max (CAD 18.98/month), Showtime (CAD 13.93/month), Cinemax (CAD 12.65/month), Curiosity Stream (CAD 3.80/month), and a few others.
Is YouTube TV Free with Amazon Prime?
No, YouTube TV is not available for free with an Amazon Prime subscription. While it can be installed on Fire TV, it isn’t included in any subscription package for free.
This means that the loyal users of Amazon Prime cannot get a free YouTube TV subscription and would always require a separate one for the streaming service.
If you are wondering about YouTube TV free trial Canada, you’ll be happy to know that there is currently a 14-day trial available on the platform that you can get today.
What to Watch on YouTube TV in Canada?
Here are some popular TV shows, originals, movies, and live shows that you should watch on YouTube TV.
|Popular Shows||YouTube TV Original||Movies|
|Snowfall||The Age of A.I||Tenet|
|The Last Kingdom||Instant Influencer||Pig|
|Peaky Blinders||What The Fit||Belfast|
|Queen of South||This is Paris||No Time to Die|
What Are the Top-Rated Shows and Movies on YouTube TV in 2022?
Here are the lists of the top-rated TV shows and movies on YouTube TV in 2022:
- Cobra Kai
- Peaky Blinders
- The Witchfinder
- Killing Eve
- Star Trek: Picard
- The Greatest Showman
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- Suicide Squad
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Fantasy Island
- Black Widow
- Gone Girl
- 22 Jump Street
- Paranormal Action Squad
- The Age of A.I
- Step Up
- What The Fit
- I Promise
Testing Methodology: How We Choose the Best VPN for YouTube TV in Canada
We tested 40+ VPN providers to find the best VPNs for reliable access to the YouTube TV app in Canada.
Below are the standards on which we compiled our top 3 VPNs for watching YouTube TV in Canada.
- It should consistently unblock YouTube TV and other major streaming such as Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, and more.
- It should offer multiple servers in the US for reliable YouTube unblocking.
- It should offer high-speed VPN connections for 4K Ultra-HD and Ultra-HD streaming.
- It should support five or more simultaneous connections so you can stream YouTube on multiple devices simultaneously.
- It should offer at least a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- It should offer efficient 24/7 customer service.
YouTube TV Canada: FAQs
Let’s see some frequently asked questions about how to watch YouTube TV in Canada in 2022.
Can I watch YouTube TV in Canada with a free VPN?
Yes, you can watch YouTube TV in Canada with a free VPN, but we don’t recommend it. Unless you use our recommended best free VPNs for Canada in 2022, you will constantly face bandwidth issues, fewer servers, slow speeds, personal information, and data theft.
Is YouTube TV worth it?
YouTube TV is known to be the best streaming service offering live content since its launch in 2017. This streaming service comes with an impressive variety of channels and a commendable user experience.
Furthermore, it has the best cloud DVR with every possible capability of a hardware DVR and limitless storage.
How much does YouTube TV cost in Canada?
YouTube TV costs $64.99/mo (CAD 81.45) to users and offers cloud DVR on up to 3 devices. You can subscribe to this streaming service and enjoy YouTube TV on your smartphones, laptop, TV, gaming consoles, and more.
How can I watch YouTube outside the US?
Follow these steps to watch YouTube TV outside the US with a VPN:
- Sign up for a suitable VPN (we recommend ExpressVPN).
- Next, download and install a VPN software.
- Log in to app.
- Connect to a US server.
- Visit YouTube TV website, create an account and stream your favorite shows online.
VPN technology has revolutionized the streaming service industry. It doesn’t matter what the streaming service is; as long as you use a VPN, you will have unrestricted access to content.
Unfortunately, not every VPN provider can remove the YouTube TV blocks, and only a top-tier VPN provider such as ExpressVPN can open the doors of this streaming service to you.
With the AES-256-bit military-grade encryption, your online privacy and data will be secure from any prying eyes. With five devices, simultaneous connection support, and a very straightforward user interface, you can set up ExpressVPN on all of your streaming devices.
We hope you liked our YouTube TV Canada guide. Feel free to ask any questions in case of any queries!