TunnelBear does not have a money-back guarantee like most other top-rated VPN providers. For example, ExpressVPN offers a no-questions-asked 30-day money-back guarantee for its users. Instead, TunnelBear only processes refunds on a case-by-case basis. There’s no guarantee that you will get your money back, but it’s still worth a try.
In this guide, I’ll explain how to cancel TunnelBear subscription in South Korea. If you’re unsure about canceling, you can first try troubleshooting TunnelBear in South Korea to fix any problems you might have.
If you are looking for an alternative, then ExpressVPN is a well-reputed solution that offers a great balance of privacy with unblocking power. ExpressVPN offers a 3-months free subscription on its 12-month plan and a 30-day money-back guarantee even for its cryptocurrency payments which is something not all VPNs offer.
How to Cancel TunnelBear Subscription in South Korea
- Visit TunnelBear’s official website and log into your account.
- In the “Overview” tab, click on cancel.
- Run through the steps to confirm your cancellation.
- Receive confirmation email for account cancellation.
TunnelBear Refund Terms of Services in South Korea
Canceling a TunnelBear account is fairly straightforward. Unfortunately, getting a refund is an entirely different story because TunnelBear does not have a money-back guarantee in place like many other providers. They only offer a free version that is capped at 500 MB/month of data.
While this free VPN for PC is amazing, its free version is meant to be used so users can see if they like the service. But there’s no going back once you have purchased the paid version.
So, TunnelBear processes refund requests on a case-by-case basis. This means that they will only agree to refund your amount if they deem your case to be perfectly valid. As such, there’s no guarantee that you will be able to convince them to get a refund.
Moreover, TunnelBear will not even entertain your request for a refund if you purchased their subscription through a third-party service like iTunes or App Store.
If you do want to claim a refund, you can do so by contacting the customer support of TunnelBear through live chat or by visiting this support page. Explain your reasons for requesting a refund and if you’re lucky, you just might get it!
How to cancel TunnelBear subscription in South Korea on Android/Play Store ?
If you purchased your TunnelBear account through the Play Store, you can only cancel through the Play Store, but TunnelBear doesn’t entertain refund requests when their accounts are purchased through third-party stores.
Follow the steps below to cancel the TunnelBear subscription through Play Store.
- Head over to play.google.com.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Next, select “Subscriptions”
- Now, find and select TunnelBear in the list.
- Lastly, click the “Manage” option and then “Cancel Subscription.”
How to cancel the TunnelBear subscription in South Korea on iOS via iTunes/App Store ?
Users that purchased their TunnelBear account through App Store will need to cancel their subscription from the App Store. Again, you will need to request a refund from App Store because TunnelBear won’t entertain any requests for refunds if their account is purchased through a third-party service.
Follow the steps below to cancel TunnelBear account through App Store:
- Head over to the “Settings menu”, tap [your name], and then tap on “Subscriptions”.
- Now tap the subscription that you wish to manage.
- Lastly, tap “Cancel Subscription” to successfully cancel your TunnelBear account.
Things to Consider Before Cancelling TunnelBear in South Korea
TunnelBear is not the best VPN out there, but it still has some good features that deserve mention. So before you go ahead with canceling it, here are some things to keep in mind that TunnelBear does well:
- Fast speeds: Despite a small server network, TunnelBear delivers excellent speeds in South Korea. It’s a shame that TunnelBear is unable to unblock Netflix in South Korea, otherwise, the fast speeds would have made for a great Netflix streaming experience for users.
- Cross-platform compatibility: Although TunneBear does not offer apps for devices other than the common desktops and smartphones, you can still set up TunnelBear for Kodi in South Korea and manually configure it on devices like Roku in South Korea.
You can get the TunnelBear free trial in South Korea to test the VPN out first before committing to a full subscription. That way, you won’t have to rely on TunnelBear’s whimsical refund policy in case you do want to cancel and want your money back.
I Cancelled TunnelBear in South Korea – What Do I Do Now?
You may have canceled TunnelBear but the good thing about the VPN industry is that there are so many alternatives to choose from. So, if TunnelBear failed to live up to your expectations, you can definitely find other VPNs that will.
We recommend using ExpressVPN as this service covers all bases. It supports torrenting as well as streaming services like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video. Users can also unblock any restricted/censored website through ExpressVPN’s vast network of 3000+ servers in 90+ countries.
The VPN also offers top-notch privacy and does not store any sensitive information pertaining to their users. You can now get 3 months free on its annual subscription and also use ExpressVPN free of cost for 30 days due to its 30-day money-back guarantee which is something TunnelBear doesn’t offer.
Here’s a quick comparison between the two VPNs:
|Jurisdiction||US||British Virgin Islands|
|Logging Policy||No logs||No logs|
|Price||$3.33/mo||$6.67/mo (3 months free)|
|Server Network||undisclosed servers in
|Customer Support||Live chat & Email||Live chat, 24-hour customer support|
How to Cancel Subscription Other than Tunnelbear and Get Refunded
- How to cancel ExpressVPN in South Korea
- How to cancel Surfshark in South Korea
- How to cancel NordVPN in South Korea
- How to cancel VyprVPN in South Korea
So this wraps our guide on how to cancel Tunnelbear subscription in South Korea. TunnelBear does not offer a money-back guarantee and processes refund requests on a case-by-case basis. Therefore, chances are very slim that you will get your money back even if you’re unsatisfied with TunnelBear. Nonetheless, you should still go ahead and try. Great things can happen sometimes if we only try and get what we want.
For more information about this VPN, see our TunnelBear review in South Korea.