Is Sky TV available in South Korea ? Unfortunately, Sky TV is not available in South Korea. But if you’d still like to watch shows like Prison Break, Mad Men, and Hannibal, there is one way to watch Sky Go in South Korea: Using a VPN!
Sky Go is a top streaming service in the UK with some of the best exclusive shows and much more. However, it is geo-restricted and can only be accessed within the UK. Therefore, if you’re wondering how to watch Sky Go in USA 2023 on your device, you need to get a UK IP address in South Korea. That’s where a reputable VPN service can help you!
So, a VPN will mask your real IP address and trick Sky Go into thinking that you are trying to watch it from within the UK – thus giving full unrestricted access. Would you like to give it a go? Read on!
How to Watch Sky Go in South Korea ? (Step-by-Step)
Follow these steps to learn how to watch Sky Go in South Korea
with a VPN:
- Subscribe to a VPN service (We highly recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Launch the app and log in.
- Connect to a UK server from the list of servers.
- Go to Sky Go and create your Sky account and enjoy streaming Sky Go in South Korea.
Subscribe to Sky Go in South Korea | How much does Sky Go cost? | FAQs
Why You Need a VPN to Stream Sky Go in South Korea ?
You need a VPN to stream Sky Go in South Korea because the streaming channel is only available in the UK due to geo-restrictions on its content in compliance with copyright laws and distribution rights. Unless you’re located within the UK, you’ll not be able to access Sky Go content in South Korea.
That’s why, Sky Go is blocked in South Korea. If you try to access it in South Korea without a VPN, you will see the following error message on your screen:
“Sky Go is only available to users connecting from within the UK or Republic of Ireland; unfortunately, we cannot confirm that you are within these territories at the moment. Please retry later.”
So if you’re wondering, ‘how to get Sky Go in South Korea ?’ and bypass this geo-restriction error, you need to connect to a UK server to be able to unblock Sky Go’s content in South Korea, and we believe there’s no VPN that’d do an amazing job as well as ExpressVPN.
Best VPNs to Unblock Sky Go in South Korea
Here is a list of some of the best VPNs to watch Sky Go in South Korea :
1. ExpressVPN: Best VPN for Sky Go in South Korea
- Media Streamer feature
- 3000+ high-speed servers in 94+ locations, 5 server locations in UK
- Speed: 88.78 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth and data
- Price: KRW 8843.66/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Sky Go in South Korea with over 3000+ servers in 94 countries and 160 server locations, including 5 server locations in the UK – making it a perfect choice for unblocking British TV in South Korea.
Using ExpressVPN’s Docklands server, we could easily unblock Sky Go in South Korea
and stream our favorite shows:
What’s best is that ExpressVPN works with BBC iPlayer in South Korea, and can unblock BFI Player in South Korea, and other streaming services like Sonyliv in South Korea which lets you easily access so many of Classic Indian movies and shows and also lets you live stream of sports. ExpressVPN is also the best VPN for Alibi in South Korea and also best VPN for More4 in South Korea to unblock it in South Korea.
This premium VPN also offers unlimited bandwidth with high download and upload speed connections and is one of the fastest VPNs in the industry in South Korea, so you will not face any issues during streaming. Based on our ExpressVPN speed tests in South Korea for all its servers, we received a download speed of 88.78 Mbps and an upload speed of 54.22 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
ExpressVPN also offers a smart DNS proxy called MediaStreamer for accessing Sky on devices like Smart TVs, Apple TV, and more.
ExpressVPN on Android TV in South Korea worked perfectly well for us. Furthermore, ExpressVPN allows you to connect up to 5 devices simultaneously. You can access this from ExpressVPN’s DNS Settings page.
It also encrypts internet traffic with AES 256-bit encryption, kill switch, split tunneling, threat manager, private DNS, and many others.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN’s free trial in South Korea can last 30 days, along with live chat support. You can get an ExpressVPN subscription for KRW 8843.66/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan).
Read our ExpressVPN review in South Korea for further details.
- Fast-speed connections so that you can watch Sky Go live in South Korea
- Media Streamer feature
- A user-friendly user interface to watch Sky Go streaming service in South Korea
- P2P support is offered on all servers
- HD streaming of Sky Go events
- No-logs policy
- 24/7 live chat is available
- Slightly expensive VPN to access Sky Go
2. Surfshark: Budget-friendly VPN for Sky Go
- Whitelister tool
- 3200+ high-speed servers in 100+ locations, 4 server locations in UK
- Speed: 86.24 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- Price: KRW 3049.54/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
Surfshark is budget-friendly VPN for Sky Go as it is available for KRW 3049.54/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It offers 3200+ servers in 100 locations including 4 UK cities – making it a great VPN for Sky Go and other British TV channels.
Here you can see us bypassing Sky Go’s geo-restrictions using Surfshark’s Manchester server:
You can also unblock DStv in South Korea and other international channels with Surfshark. Including EuroSport, ITV, BBC iPlayer, Disney+ Hotstar, Netflix Germany, and others.
Surfshark also offers reliable connection speeds for streaming Sky TV in South Korea
in HD quality. On our Surfshark speed test in South Korea, we received a download speed of 86.24 Mbps and an upload speed of 53.72 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
What’s best is that Surfshark supports unlimited simultaneous connections, so you can watch Sky Go and other British Channels in South Korea on multiple devices simultaneously. It also offers apps for mobile devices (iOS and Android), so you can easily enjoy Sky’s content on Firestick using Surfshark in South Korea.
In terms of privacy and security, Surfshark offers Clean Web, whitelister, split tunneling, No Borders Mode, kill switch, camouflage mode, and others. You may also try Surfshark’s free trial in South Korea, which lasts 7 days for mobile users. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and live chat support that’s available 24/7.
Read our in-depth Surfshark review in South Korea for further details.
- Most affordable service to watch Sky Go with premium options
- Unlimited multi-logins
- No-logs policy
- you can enjoy Sky Go on HD
- 24/7 live chat is available
- Some UK servers can be slow while watching Sky Go streaming service in South Korea
- Relatively small server network
30-day money-back guarantee
3. NordVPN: Largest Server Network VPN for watching Sky Go
- Double VPN
- 3200+ fast-speed servers in 100+ countries, including 4 server locations in UK
- Speed: 86.55 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection
- 6 simultaneous connections
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Price: KRW 5290.28/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
NordVPN is the largest server network VPN for watching Sky Go, thanks to its huge network of VPNs of 3200+ servers in 100+ countries, and 4 server locations in NordVPN; London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Manchester.
During testing, it gave excellent download speeds for streaming on most of its UK servers. While using NordVPN’s London server, we faced no issues which interrupted our HD streaming:
Apart from Sky Go, with NordVPN, you can also get other UK Streaming services like ITV in South Korea,MTV, UKTV, and BFI Player in South Korea and bypass geo-restrictions on other streaming services as well. Apart from British streaming channels NordVPN can also let you access other international channels like Voot in South Korea, DSTV in South Korea , Rai TV in South Korea.
NordVPN is a great choice for unblocking geo-restricted streaming platforms from anywhere in the world. To watch Sky Go, you can connect to any server in the UK. Based on our NordVPN speed test in South Korea results yielded a download speed of 86.55 Mbps and an upload speed of 49.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
It is compatible with all the usual operating systems and platforms, such as macOS, Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, etc. You may also use NordVPN on PlayStation in South Korea, Chromecast in South Korea, Xbox, and many other devices. You can connect up to six devices on a single account.
NordVPN also offers many security features, such as obfuscated servers in South Korea, a kill switch, an ad-blocker, a malware blocker, Onion Over VPN, and many more.
A single subscription costs KRW 5290.28/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and live chat support. Get NordVPN’s free trial in South Korea if you’re unsure about subscribing to its services. You can read our latest NordVPN review in South Korea for more details.
- More than 96% of the servers work with Sky Go
- You can watch live matches on Sky Go with the fastest server connection speed
- No-logs policy
- HD streaming is available for Sky Go
- 24/7 live chat is available
- Complicated Windows app to access Sky Go in South Korea
30-day money-back guarantee
Can I Use a Free VPN to watch Sky Goin South Korea ?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch Sky Go in South Korea ; however, we don’t recommend it. Firstly, most free VPNs provide an inadequate amount of bandwidth for every subscription. As a result, it’s never enough for you to stream and torrent.
Secondly, the servers often get crowded quickly, because of which users may receive poor speeds, hence affecting your video quality. Thirdly, free VPNs jeopardize your privacy and security as your device becomes vulnerable to malware and other cyberattacks.
Worse, free VPN providers often sell their users’ confidential information to third parties to make a profit. That’s why you’re better off using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
How to Subscribe to Sky Go in South Korea ?
If you want to subscribe to Sky Go but don’t have a Sky TV subscription in South Korea, you’re in luck! Follow these steps to subscribe to Sky Go in South Korea :
- Get a VPN and connect to a UK server (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Go to Sky Go website.
- Scroll down and click Show.
- It will now show you the price plans.
- Choose the plan that you want and click Add to basket.
- It will now redirect you to the checkout page, where you need to add your credit card details (you can use your American credit card).
- In the billing address, you can write any random UK address.
- Click Pay now.
- Once you have paid for the subscription, set up your device and successfully create a Sky Go account in South Korea.
How Much Does Sky Go Cost in South Korea ?
Sky TV offers a number of subscription plans to its users for Sky Go subscription in South Korea:
|Deals||Sky Q, Sky TV & Netflix||Sky Q, Sky TV, Netflix & Sky Sports||Sky Q, Sky TV, Netflix & Cinema||Sky Q, Sky Sports & BT Sport||Sky Q, Sky TV, Netflix & Kids|
|Includes||Sky TV channels and Netflix||400 live football games on Sky Sports, Sky TV, and Netflix||Sky TV, Netflix, Paramount+, Sky Cinema||Sky TV, along with 8 Sky Sports channels and BT Sport 1, 2, 3, and BT Sport ESPN||Sky TV, Netflix, and dedicated channels for kids|
|Price in Pounds||£26/mo for 18 months||£46/mo for 18 months||£38/mo for 18 months||£71/mo for 18 months||£32/mo for 18 months|
|Price in USD||$29.50/mo for 18 months||$52.19/mo for 18 months||$43.11/mo for 18 months||$80.55/mo for 18 months||$36.30/mo for 18 months|
Note: Prices are subject to change over time.
Sky Go Compatible Devices in South Korea ?
Sky Go is compatible with the following devices:
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Amazon FireStick
Watch Sky Go on your Windows or Mac PC in South Korea
To watch Sky on your Windows on Mac PC, simply follow the steps given below:
- Subscribe to a trustworthy VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download the app and connect to any UK server.
- Go to sky.com and pick a subscription package.
- Sign up for an account.
- Grab some popcorn and start watching Sky Go!
Watch Sky Go on Android in South Korea
To watch Sky Go in South Korea online on an Android device, simply follow the steps given below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app; sign in to your account.
- Connect to a UK server. We recommend Docklands.
- For Android, create a new Gmail ID with the UK as your location and sign in to Google Play Store with your new ID.
- Search for Sky Go App –> Click Install.
- Enjoy watching Sky Go in South Korea on your Android device!
Note: Make sure to clear your Google Play Store app cache before you download the Sky Go app.
Watch Sky Go on iOS (iPad and iPhone) in South Korea
To watch Sky Go on your iOS device, follow the steps given below:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app; sign in to your account once downloaded.
- Connect to the UK server.
- Go to App Store –> Tap on Apple ID –> Media and Purchases –> View Account –> Country/ Region —> Change country to United Kingdom.
- Look up the Sky Go app on App Store and download it.
- Enjoy watching Sky Go in South Korea on your iOS device!
Can I watch Sky Go on Roku in South Korea ?
No, Sky Go is not available on Roku in South Korea. To watch it, you must screen mirror the Sky Go app from your PC or smartphone. You can Mirror Sky Go on Roku using Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
Mirror Sky Go on Roku using Windows PC in South Korea
Follow these steps below to screen mirror Sky Go to Roku with Windows PC in South Korea:
- Connect to the ExpressVPN UK server from your PC.
- Download Sky Go app on your Windows PC and log in to your account.
- Add Roku device to your Windows PC.
- Open Action Center –> click the Notification icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Click Connect option and choose your Roku device.
- Now, your desktop will be mirrored, you can open the Sky Go app and stream your favorite content.
Mirror Sky Go on Roku with Android in South Korea
Follow these steps to mirror Sky Go on Roku with your Android device in South Korea:
- Go to Google Play Store and download the Sky TV app. (Our recommendation: ExpressVPN)
- Connect your Android device and Roku to the same internet network.
- On an Android phone, go to Settings.
- Search Cast from the settings.
- Choose your Roku device from the list of devices.
- Click Start now on the warning window.
- Now open the Sky Go app and stream your favorite shows to watch on Roku.
Mirror Sky Go on Roku with iOS in South Korea
To mirror Sky Go on Roku with iOS, you first need to enable AirPlay on Roku. To do that, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, go to Settings.
- Choose Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
- Select Settings.
- Click AirPlay to turn it on.
After that follow these steps to screen mirror Roku from your iPhone or iPad:
- Download the Sky Go app on your iOS device and connect to ExpressVPN.
- Connect your iPhone and Roku to the same internet connection.
- Open Control Center by swiping down on the screen.
- Tap the Screen Mirroring option.
- Select Roku from the devices.
- Now you can enjoy Sky Go streaming on Roku.
Sky Go Channels in South Korea
Sky Go has more than 100 channels from all genres, including sports, news, entertainment, and more. Here are some of the best live-streaming channels on Sky Go in South Korea:
- Sky Sports channels
- Sky Cinema channels
- BT Sport 1/BT Sport 2/BT Sport 3
- BT Sport ESPN
- 5 USA
- Premier Sports 1/Premier Sport 2 Star
- RTÉ One/ RTÉ 2
- Channel 5
- Channel 4
What Can I Watch on Sky Go in South Korea ?
There are lots of exciting shows and movies that you can watch on Sky Go in South Korea with a VPN.
Popular Shows on Sky Go in South Korea
Here are some of the popular shows that you can watch on Sky Go in South Korea :
- The Bear
- The Old Man
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Star Wars: Andor
- House of the Dragon
- Rick and Morty
- This England
- The Great
- The Rehearsal
- Karen Pirie
Popular Series and Movies on Sky Go in South Korea
Here are some of the popular movies that you can watch on Sky Go in South Korea:
FAQs- Watch Sky GO in South Korea
Does Sky Go app work in South Korea ?
The Sky Go app is only available to users connecting from the UK and Ireland. Unfortunately, it is not available in other territories. However, to watch your favorite shows and movies on the Sky Go app, it can work for you in South Korea if you use a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Is it illegal to watch Sky Go with a VPN in South Korea ?
No, it is not illegal to access Sky Go with a VPN in South Korea. Using a VPN to unblock streaming sites in South Korea is perfectly legal. Although it may go against the Terms and Conditions of Sky Go, you can’t be held legally responsible for violating them.
Is Sky TV available in South Korea ?
No, Sky TV is not available in South Korea. However, to bypass Sky’s geo-restrictions, you need a VPN. Simply sign up for a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and connect to a UK server. Within seconds, you’ll be able to watch Sky TV content in South Korea.
Can you get a virus while using a VPN to access Sky Go in South Korea ?
No, you cannot get a virus using a VPN to access Sky Go in South Korea, as the chances of that happening are very low. Usually, a premium VPN like ExpressVPN provides strong security and privacy measures to prevent any potential cyberattacks on your system while streaming Sky Go.
How can I watch Sky TV without a Sky subscription in South Korea?
You can watch Sky TV without a Sky subscription in only two ways; subscribe to a Sky TV package or sign up for an Entertainment Pass to Sky’s standalone streaming service.
How many users can watch Sky Go simultaneously in South Korea ?
Two users can watch Sky Go simultaneously with one subscription. So, Sky TV subscribers can enjoy watching Sky content on 2 screens simultaneously. You can also share your Sky TV account with friends and family in South Korea.
Sky Go has an amazing content library with on-demand movies, shows, live sports, and many more channels. Some of its popular shows are Penny Dreadful, Broadwalk Empire, True Detectives, Chornobyl, and more.
So if you’re still wondering, ‘can I watch Sky Go in South Korea ?’ To answer your query, yes, you can! Just follow our simple guide to unblock Sky TV in South Korea. All you need is a virtual private network (VPN) that offers servers in the UK.
We highly recommend getting ExpressVPN as it offers 5+ UK server locations and the best speeds for streaming in Ultra HD without lags. It also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 3-month FREE subscription on its 12-monthly plan.
If you face any issues, let us know in the comments below.