Are you an ex-pat living in US or traveling abroad and wondering ‘How can I watch TVNZ in India?’ Unfortunately, TVNZ is unavailable in in India, so you’ll have to opt for other sources. One way to do that is to use a reputable VPN. Not sure how to use one? Follow our step-by-step guide on watching TVNZ in USA!
TVNZ On Demand is an online video streaming service available in New Zealand that offers a great variety of shows. It offers tons of popular TV movies and shows like Bali 2023, Fatal Attraction, Yellowjackets, The Doll Factory, The Inbetweeners, Texas 6, and many others FREE OF COST!
Given the service is geo-restricted in US, you’ll need to get a New Zealand IP address in India to bypass geo-restrictions. That’s why for your ease, we’ve researched 40+ VPNs to find the best VPNs for you to watch TNZ in India. Among all our tested options, we found ExpressVPN to be the best in terms of unblocking and speed.
How to Watch TVNZ in India – Easy Steps
Follow these steps below to watch TVNZ in India:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN service (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download and install the VPN app on your device.
- Sign in to the app and connect to a New Zealand server.
- Visit TVNZ’s website and watch your favorite shows in India for free!
Why do you need a VPN to Watch TVNZ OnDemand in India?
You need a VPN to watch TVNZ in India because TVNZ is a geo-restricted streaming site. VPNs reroute your traffic through private servers located in different countries. Since websites and streaming services like TVNZ block any traffic in India by detecting the IP address, if you try to access it from New Zealand, it will detect your IP address and deny access.
If you try to watch any content on TVNZ in India, you will get the following error message on your screen:
“Whoops! Looks like you’re trying to watch from outside of New Zealand. Our videos are only available to watch within New Zealand due to rights issues.”
Using a VPN, you can change your IP address to New Zealand and trick TVNZ into thinking you are trying to access it from within the country. A virtual private network (VPN) also masks your real IP address, so TVNZ cannot detect your actual location.
However, to be able to do that, you should be using a VPN that has servers in New Zealand and use strong protocols that avoid detection by the website. The VPNs mentioned in this guide all work with TVNZ and offered plenty of NZ IP addresses in India.
3 Best VPNs to Watch TVNZ in India [In-Depth Analysis]
We tested 40+ VPNs on multiple factors like unblocking abilities, speed, security, and compatibility, and came up with the following three VPNs for watching TVNZ in India.
Here is an in-depth analysis of the best VPNs to watch TVNZ in India.
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch TVNZ in India
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including New Zealand
- Speed: 89.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection
- Simultaneous connections: 5 devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Price: INR 550.01/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
ExpressVPN is arguably the best VPN to watch TVNZ in India. It offers 3000+ servers across 94 countries, including 1 in New Zealand. There are multiple New Zealand IP addresses at your disposal to access TVNZ, making ExpressVPN the best VPN for TVNZ in India.
We could unblock TVNZ OnDemand in India using ExpressVPN’s New Zealand server and binge-watched our favorite shows for hours:
With ExpressVPN, you can also unblock other New Zealand streaming services like Prime News, Foxtel, HBO, WTV, Dunedin TV, and more. Furthermore, ExpressVPN works quite well with Netflix in India, HBO Max, Hulu, and other major streaming sites. With ExpressVPN, you don’t have to worry about getting blocked by TVNZ because it regularly updates its IP addresses.
Through our ExpressVPN speed tests in India we concluded that its servers are quite fast, as they offered great speeds on its New Zealand server for streaming. On our 100 Mbps connection, it managed to deliver a download speed of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps. Thanks to its fast-speed servers, you never have to face buffering and lags.
ExpressVPN is also compatible with a wide range of devices as well. It offers apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and others. We had no issues using FireStick, Smart TVs, Roku on ExpressVPN, and more. You can even set up ExpressVPN on a router in India, and since it allows 5 simultaneous device connections, you can add more devices to use at the same time. With ExpressVPN, you won’t have to worry about TVNZ blocking VPN issues or such in India.
It is available for INR550.01/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can try its features risk-free for 30 days using ExpressVPN’s free trial in India.
To learn more about this VPN in our ExpressVPN review in India.
- MediaStreamer feature
- Multiple servers in 25 US locations
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra-HD streaming
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly expensive deals
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN for TVNZ
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including New Zealand
- Speed: 81.32 Mbps on a 100 Mbps internet connection
- Simultaneous connections: Unlimited devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Price: INR 189.66/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
Surfshark is a budget-friendly VPN to watch TVNZ as it costs just INR 189.66/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It is another powerful VPN for streaming and is quite an affordable option for streamers as well. Surfshark offers a server network of 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including New Zealand.
We could unblock TVNZ OnDemand in India using Surfshark’s New Zealand server and watch The Addams Family in HD without any buffering:
Its servers in New Zealand will allow expatriates and travelers to unblock TVNZ on demand from any county abroad. You can even access other local TV channels In US, such as TV3 Home, NZ Herald, Canterbury TV, and more. We could also stream international streaming sites like HBO Max using Surfshark in India, Hulu, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more.
Through our Surfshark speed tests in India, we concluded that its services offer reliable streaming speeds, despite having one server in New Zealand. You don’t have to face any extensive buffering or connection issues with Surfshark, as it works effectively with TVNZ in India, unlocking the platform within minutes. We received 81.32 Mbps download speed and 76.12 Mbps upload speed on a 100 Mbps internet connection.
Surfshark supports unlimited simultaneous device connections on a single account, despite that, we faced no speed drop. It also offers apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other popular streaming devices. You can even set up Surfshark on FireStick in India and watch TVNZ on a bigger screen.
Best of all, Surfshark is available for just INR189.66/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). All its subscription plans are backed with a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can give it a try risk-free. You may also test this VPN’s features through its Surfshark free trial in India.
For more information, see this Surfshark review in India.
- Budget-friendly plans for TVNZ in India
- 600+ servers in 23+ cities and 1 server location in NZ
- Unlimited simultaneous connections per account
- SmartDNS feature for smooth streaming
- There’s no app for routers
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to watch TVNZ
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with 20+ in New Zealand
- Speed: 83.82 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps internet connection
- Simultaneous connections: 6 devices
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Price: INR 329.01/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan)
NordVPN has the largest server network to watch TVNZ . It offers a global server coverage of 5500+ servers in 60, including 20 of these in Auckland, New Zealand.
We could unblock TVNZ OnDemand in India using NordVPN’s New Zealand server and binge-watched season after season of Doctor Who without any interruptions:
So, if you’re located in India, you can connect to NordVPN’s NZ servers to enjoy free video streaming and watch your favorite shows/movies. It also works with other local streaming services like ThreeNow, Prime News, and more abroad. We also had no issues accessing Netflix with NordVPN in India, HBO Max, Hulu, and others.
On our NordVPN speed tests in India, it gave excellent speeds. On a 100 Mbps connection speed, it gave a fast download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on its Seattle server. It was fast enough for streaming in HD quality without any buffering.
NordVPN offers excellent device compatibility. We tried using NordVPN on iPhone in India, Fire Stick, Android, Apple TV, and it worked flawlessly on all devices. You can also enjoy the TVNZ Roku combo with this VPN. It also supports up to 6 devices simultaneously on a single subscription based on our experience and testing.
NordVPN is available for just INR329.01/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan), and all its subscriptions are backed with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Through NordVPN’s free trial in India, we could test most of its features on mobile without any issues.
You can also read our NordVPN review in India for more details.
- Largest server fleet in India and NZ
- Unlimited bandwidth
- SmartPlay feature for streaming on game consoles
- 7-day free trial for mobile users
- Windows app takes a bit too much screen space
How to Choose the Best VPN for TVNZ in India
Choosing the best VPNs for TVNZ in India is difficult since every VPN doesn’t work with the streaming service. This is why we tested 40+ VPNs on multiple factors. Here is the criteria for choosing the right TVNZ VPN in India:
- The best TVNZ VPN should offer multiple New Zealand servers.
- It should have excellent unblocking capabilities so you can unblock TVNZ any time in India.
- The VPN should offer blazing-fast speeds for bufferless and HD-quality streaming.
- No-logging policy, so you stay secure while streaming.
- 24/7 live chat support in case you need any assistance.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try out the VPN for a month.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Access TVNZ in India?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to access TVNZ in India; however, we don’t recommend it at all because free VPNs come with high-security risks. Most of the time, free VPNs don’t have the security measures needed to safeguard their users’ internet privacy and anonymity. They may cause IP/DNS leaks without you knowing, which can land you in hot waters.
Furthermore, free VPNs may often fail to unblock TVNZ due to their strong geo-restriction barriers. Even if some manage to do so, they’ll offer poor speeds and bandwidth throttling; as a result, your viewing experience will be heavily affected. You’ll also have to deal with invasive advertisements on top of the highly annoying speeds and buffering.
Free VPNs have also dealt with data pilferage, spreading botnet armies, and malware. That’s why you’d be better off using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, as it is much more trustworthy than any of the dubious free VPNs.
How Can You Sign Up for TVNZ OnDemand Account in India?
You can sign up for a TVNZ OnDemand account in India by following the steps given below:
- Sign up for a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Connect to a New Zealand server offered by the VPN.
- Go to the TVNZ website and click on Login.
- On the login page, click on Sign-Up at the bottom.
- Enter the required details accordingly.
- Once done, you can watch TVNZ in India straightaway!
Do I Have to Pay to Watch TVNZ OnDemand in India?
No, you don’t have to pay to watch TVNZ in India as the streaming site is free of cost and relies on various advertisements to broadcast shows to its viewers.
However, since it is a geo-restricted site that means, viewers in India will have to bypass its geo-restrictions using a VPN, and that VPN will charge you on a monthly or yearly basis, depending upon the package you sign up for.
We suggest you use ExpressVPN based on our experience, as we faced no issues unblocking TVNZ in USA using it. As a bonus, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee along with strong security measures to guard your privacy.
Devices and Platforms That Support TVNZ On Demand in India
TVNZ can be accessed on desktop PCs and Macs through browsers like Firefox and Chrome in India. For smartphone users (iOS and Android), TVNZ offers dedicated apps for better convenience. Here is the list of all devices for which TVNZ offers dedicated apps:
- PCs (Windows and macOS)
- iPhone and iPad
- Android phones and tablets
- Xbox One
- Smart TVs
- Fire TV
- Apple TV
Download the TVNZ app on Android in India
Here’s how you can download the TVNZ on demand app on an Android device in India:
- Download ExpressVPN and connect to a New Zealand server.
- Open Google Play Store –> click on ‘Account.’
- Select “Add Another Account.”
- Enter a new Gmail account with New Zealand as the region.
- Head back to Google Play Store.
- Search for the TVNZ app.
- Download the app and stream your favorite shows for free in India.
Download the TVNZ app on iOS in India
Here’s how you can download TVNZ on iOS devices in US:
- Download ExpressVPN and connect to a New Zealand server.
- On your iOS device –> go to Settings.
- Click on your Apple ID.
- Media and Purchases –> View Account.
- Sign in and scroll down to Country/ Region.
- Change country to New Zealand.
- Head over to App Store and search for the TVNZ app.
- Download the app and stream your favorite shows on the go.
How to Watch TVNZ on PC in India
Here’s how you can stream TVNZ on your Windows/macOS PCs in USA:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and download its relevant app.
- Connect to a server in New Zealand.
- Launch your browser and visit TVNZ’s website.
- Start streaming your favorite TVNz shows in India!
Download the TVNZ app on Xbox in India
Here’s how can you get TVNZ in India on Xbox:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and configure it on your router.
- Connect to its New Zealand server location.
- Then, fire up your Xbox.
- Visit ‘My games & apps’ from the Xbox menu.
- After that, look for the ‘TVNZ app’ in the Sbox store.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Enjoy watching TVNZ in India on Xbox.
Download the TVNZ app on FireStick in India
Follow the steps below for accessing TVNZ on FireStick in India:
- Subscribe to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Start your FireStick device and visit the Amazon App Store.
- Download ExpressVPN’s app on your FireStick, sign in, and connect to its NZ server.
- Then, visit the App Store again.
- Insert the word ‘TVNZ’ and click Enter.
- Download the TVNZ app on your FireStick by clicking Get.
- Watch TVNZ in India on your FireStick.
Download the TVNZ app on Apple TV in India
Here’s how to download the TVNZ app on Apple TV in India:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and configure it on your router.
- Connect to its server in New Zealand.
- Visit Apple TV’s App Store.
- In the App Store, just search for TVNZ and click ‘Install.’
- Sign up or log in to your TVNZ account.
- Start streaming TVNZ in India.
Download the TVNZ app on Smart TV in India
Since Smart TVs do not offer native VPN support, you’ll have to set up ExpressVPN on a router first. After that, you can learn how to download TVNZ OnDemand using the guide below:
- Visit the Smart Hub screen and search for the App Store.
- Then, look for TVNZ+ present under the New or Video section.
- Install the TVNZ+ app on your Smart TV.
- Once installed, click on the app from your Smart Hub screen.
- Sign in by entering your TVNZ account credentials.
- Stream your favorite TVNZ shows now in India.
Download TVNZ on PS3/PS4 in India
Use our guide below to download TVNZ on your PS3/PS4 in India:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and configure its app on your router.
- Connect to its New Zealand server.
- Launch your PlayStation and visit TV/Video Services.
- Search for the ‘TVNZ’ app from the alternatives list.
- Click ‘Get’ from the drop-down menu.
- TVNZ would now be added to your ‘My Channels’ list.
Best Shows and Movies to Watch on TVNZ in India
Here is a list of some popular shows to watch on TVNZ in India:
|Killing Eve||Eye in the Sky|
|Vigil||One Thousand Ropes|
|The Capture||Into the Wild|
|Mystic||Robot Chicken Star Wars|
|Fatal Attraction||Mean Creek|
FAQs – How to Watch TVNZ in India
Can I watch TVNZ OnDemand with a VPN in India?
Yes, you can watch TVNZ OnDemand in India with a VPN. Since the streaming site lacks the legal rights of content providers to stream content outside of the country, you require a virtual private network for accessing it. So your worry of ‘Is TVNZ legal?’ or ‘Is TVNZ safe?’ are completely justified.
That’s why the only way to watch TVNZ in India is to rely on a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Is TVNZ OnDemand free in India?
Yes, TVNZ OnDemand is free in India. However, TVNZ services are unavailable in India. So if you want to watch TVNZ free of cost in India, you’ll need to subscribe to a premium VPN service that has servers in New Zealand so you can get a New Zealand IP and bypass the geo-restrictions. However, the VPN will charge you on a monthly or yearly basis.
Will a VPN for TVNZ slow down my internet in India?
Yes, a VPN may slow down your internet speeds in India because most VPNs have the potential to do that. However, the speed difference will be practically negligible if you use a TVNZ VPN. We highly recommend using ExpressVPN as it is one of the fastest VPNs through which users barely notice any speed difference.
What country is TVNZ available in?
TVNZ is available in New Zealand. The streaming service is geo-restricted in India. However, using a VPN, you can mask your online location. This way, the streaming platform will assume you’re actually located in the NZ region and allow you to access TVNZ in India easily.
Can I watch TVNZ with VPN in India?
Yes, you can watch TVNZ with a VPN in India. ExpressVPN encrypts your entire traffic so no one can view what you’re streaming or put limits to it, even your ISP. This means that you’ll be able to watch TVNZ live without being throttled by your ISP or blocked by your regional Wi-Fi administrator.
Why can’t I get TVNZ on my TV in India?
There may be multiple reasons why you won’t be able to watch TVNZ on your TV in India. However, instead of the issues, let’s work on the solutions. Here are a few fixes that will help you get TVNZ on your TV: Double-check that your Smart TV/device is up-to-date. Try uninstalling your TVNZ app and reinstalling it. Restart your Smart TV/device. If you’re using a Smart TV, unplug it from the socket for a minute and plug it back in.
We hope this also helps you out if you’ve been wondering: “Why is my TVNZ app not working.”
Is TVNZ app free in India?
Yes, TVNZ+ is free. However, since it’s inaccessible in India, you’ll require subscribing to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN to enjoy its content in the country.
TVNZ is an excellent free streaming service for Kiwis, but it doesn’t have to be restricted to one region only. Using a VPN with offshore servers in New Zealand, you can gain access to TVNZ in India.
Our top recommendation to watch TVNZ in India is ExpressVPN, as it offers servers in New Zealand and works well with TVNZ. If you hurry up, you can avail of ExpressVPN’s 12 months + 3 months free offer, which you can cancel anytime as it is backed with a 30-day money-back guarantee.