VPN routers are ideal for work convenience and network protection. To meet the growing demand for security solutions, VPN services are readily improving and promoting different services. Small businesses prefer VPN routers that support budget-friendly, well-documented, and easy-to-use VPN protocols according to their choice.
Considering the selection criteria, we shortlisted five different models, including Cisco, Mikrotik, DrayTek, ZyXEL, and D-Link from different vendors. We have evaluated the models based on their pricing, user-friendliness, and services and features.
In this guide, we will cover the best VPN routers for small business in Spain that can help them grow securely and work effectively. You can easily set up a VPN on the router using our guide in Spain.
Quick Overview – Best VPN Routers for Small Business in Spain in 2023
Here’s a quick overview of the best VPN routers for small business in Spain.
- Linksys LRT224: one of the best VPN routers for small businesses in Spain that have 6 ethernet ports and support OpenVPN protocol
- Asus RT-AX8U AX600 (Dual Band): offers 8 ethernet ports and supports OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP VPN protocols
- Synology RT2600ac: offers 5 ethernet ports and supports OpenVPN, SSTP, PPTP, and L2TP/IPSec
- Netgear Insight BR500: offers 5 ethernet ports and supports OpenVPN and IPSec
- TP-Link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router (Archer AX73): offers 6 ethernet ports and supports OpenVPN and PPTP
For queries, check out our FAQs
Best VPN Routers for Small Business in 2023 – Detailed Analysis
Here’s a detailed analysis of the best VPN routers for small business in Spain.
1. Linksys LRT224 – Best VPN router for small business
- 6 Ethernet ports
- OpenVPN protocol support
- Dual-Load WAN balancing, Built-in firewall, IPSec tunnels
- 8.6 x 5.5 x 2.3 inches
Linksys brings the best VPN router for small business owners in Spain. The router includes a built-in firewall with an advanced blocking setup for Java and cookies under the heavy-duty mechanism. It also protects against DDoS attacks with the help of Stateful Packet Inspection.
In terms of ports, the LRT224 router offers 6 Ethernet ports to cover most of your needs. It allows you to add more ports as and when you want via a network switch. Moreover, it ensures OpenVPN support directly and a VPN protocol used extensively across the internet.
Linksys VPN router comes with a Dual-WAN load balancing to divide the load between two connections and obtain an increased bandwidth. With this VPN router, you can achieve better performance than a single stand-alone connection.
Moving on to the security and privacy aspect, Linksys router offers 50 IPsec tunnels with client-to-client and client-to-site VPN settings. It can cover your entire business traffic. On top of this, its built-in firewall provides up to 900 Mbps via the secured layer to guarantee the operation flow.
- 5 OpenVPN tunnels supported (iOS and Android)
- User-friendly and feature-packed interface
- Built-in firewall
- Dual WAN load-balancing support
- VLAN tagging and inter-VLAN routing
- WAN2 and DMZ ports can’t work simultaneously
- Separate adapter is needed for Wi-Fi functionalities
2. Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 (Dual Band)
- 8 Ethernet ports
- OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP protocol support
- Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6 standard, Smart Home Ready, Quad-core Central Processing Unit, and 4 Antennas
- 11.46 x 4.72 x 14.88 inches
Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 (Dual Band) is a high-performance router suitable for business professionals and gaming freaks. It is equipped with the latest WiFI 6 (802.11ax) standard, which brings 6000 Mbps speed for connections. It comprises 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands.
Asus uses OFDMA technology that guarantees segregation into smaller channels and facilitates data transmission at 80% faster speeds. You can simply attach it with Alexa and add it to the smart devices board for handling it via the Internet of Things.
Asus router supports several different VPN protocols, including OpenVPN, L2TP, and PPTP. Furthermore, it offers a wide list of VPN service options. It is easy to set up the VPN through the panel instantly with no complicated configurations.
You can simply import settings from another ASUS router, which is a noticeable and useful feature. It would save you time and energy by preventing you from unnecessary steps.
The ASUS RT-AX88U provides 6 Gbps on a Wi-Fi network and it can easily manage any amount of traffic using the two bands with no extra complications. Each of these bands can separately handle 1 Gbps when all the equipment involved supports the 802.3ad standard.
- Next-gen WiFi 6 standard
- Supports 3 VPN protocols
- 4 antennas for a wider range
- Connection speed up to 6 Gbps
- Smart Home Compatibility
- 5 GHz not enabled in smart connect mode by default
- Manual configuration should be enabled for USB 3.0
3. Synology RT2600ac
- 5 ethernet ports
- Supports OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP protocols
- 2.4 GHz Dual-core processor, 4×4 802.11ac wave 2 radios, 3,000 sqft. covered area, wireless speed of 2.53 Gbps, 7 layers for monitoring and safeguarding traffic
- 6 x 11.01 x 3.03 inches
Synology brings a 4×4 dual-band Gigabit RT2600ac Wi-Fi router, which is rare to purchase in the price range. It is ideal for small-grade businesses and big home demands. It has software-based features that make it stand out in the cybersecurity industry’s crowd.
With the dual WAN support, its speed can reach up to 2 Gbps.
Synology router supports 800 Mbps and 1733 Mbps WiFi networks on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, respectively. Along with the interface, it brings extensive Internet usage reports for every individual user. The management of different user profiles comes under the services after allocating networks, devices, and guest Wi-Fi profiles.
It supports 5 VPN protocols, including OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP on the router. Additionally, they offer SSL VPN and WebVPN to let users set the VPN services they have subscribed to.
- Supports 5 VPN protocols
- Dual WAN
- Offers Mobile App
- 7 security and monitoring layers
- Custom user profiles
- Inconsistent USB connection
- Lack of business-focused tools
4. Netgear Insight BR500
- 5 ethernet ports
- Supports OpenVPN and IPSec
- NAT filtering, Instant VPN, Private VPN tagging, Dynamic DNS
- 7.38 x 1.72 x 12.36 inches
Netgear has become a recognized brand by offering high-quality products for years in the networking industry. Netgear Insight’s sleek design-based router has scored the best. Talking about the setup, you get a 1-month trial of Insight Premium, which enables easy configuration of the router. Moreover, it allows router management from a web browser.
It offers 2 different VPN protocols, including OpenVPN and IPsec. As for setup, OpenVPN comes configured on the router from the manufacturer. You can change the protocol from the settings without issues.
After you have configured the router, you can instantly turn it on with one touch on the mobile app. This single-step VPN functionality makes it ideal for businesses that aim to enhance productivity and save time. It lets you connect up to 10 VPN users simultaneously.
Netgear is an incredibly robust router with a dual-core processor. It provides 2 dual-core processors for dividing the workload of router and network switching.
- 2 dual-core processors
- Easy-to-use Interface
- One-step VPN
- Dynamic DNS and UPnP
- Remote Management Option
- Access to all features requires an expensive Insight Premium subscription
- Log capturing Inconsistencies
5. TP-Link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router (Archer AX73)
- 5 ethernet ports
- Supports OpenVPN and PPTP
- Over 200 Device connections, 6 Antennas, Wi-Fi 6, Triple Core CPU, TP-Link’s HomeShield Protection
- 10.7 × 5.8 × 1.9 inches
The ArTP-Link router has 6 antennas and works with the latest Wi-Fi 6 standard. Its Wi-Fi range is extended under Gigabit Dual-band. TP-Link router VPN can work smoothly using the Tether app.
In terms of speed, the VPN can be 5.4 Gbps on the Wi-Fi. You even get 4.8 Gbps on the 5 GHz band. With multiple streams on the same band, it offers better fault tolerance.
TP-Link router VPN supports easily configurable OpenVPN and PTPP protocols. The security aspect is handled by these protocols. Additionally, it comes with a single 3.0 USB port supporting HFS+, NTFS, FAT32, and exFAT partition formats.
- Triple core processor
- Wi-Fi 6 standard
- Wide partitions format support on USB
- Beamforming antennas (OFDMA and QoS)
- Quick setup via mobile app
- Administration User Interface doesn’t respond periodically
- Frequent heating issues
Comparison Table: What are the Best VPN routers for small business in Spain
Here’s a comparison table for the best VPN routers for small business in Spain.
|Router VPN||Ethernet Ports||USB Ports||VPN Protocols Support||Speed||WiFi Standard|
|Linksys LRT224||6||0||OpenVPN||900 Mbps||N/A|
|Asus RT-AX88U AX6000 (Dual Band)||8||2||OpenVPN, PPTP, and L2TP||6000 Mbps||Wi-Fi 6|
|Synology RT2600ac||5||2||OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, and SSTP||2500 Mbps||Wi-Fi 5|
|Netgear Insight BR500||5||0||OpenVPN and IPSec||1000 Mbps||Wi-Fi 5|
|TP-Link AX5400 Wi-Fi 6 Router||6||1||OpenVPN and PPTP||5400 Mbps||Wi-Fi 6|
How did we choose these VPN routers for small business?
We find several different VPNs available commercially. To get the best site-to-site vpn router, we considered the following factors:
- Security: Routers connect a number of devices to the internet. Therefore, network security is highly essential and it shouldn’t be compromised. VPN routers must provide security for online platforms and protect devices against attacks.
- Speed and Performance: Almost all online activities depend on connection speed. Browsing, gaming, streaming, or torrenting everything requires consistently high-speed and good-performance VPNs.
- Number of Users: Routers are used to connect multiple users to the network simultaneously. Every single device connected to the router must be provided access to the services online without any disruption.
- Cost: The price of a VPN subscription is by far one of the most important factors that must be considered while deciding upon the VPN service. If your budget is tight, you can always settle on a cheap VPN router with reasonable features.
FAQs: Best VPN Routers for Small Business in Spain
What is the best VPN router for small business in Spain?
ExpressVPN Aircove is the best VPN router for small business in Spain. It ranks at the top position due to its remarkable speed, excellent security, and simple setup. Furthermore, it covers up to 1600 sq, providing dual-band connectivity for small offices and houses.
Should I get a VPN for my small business in Spain?
Yes, you should get a VPN for small business in Spain as it provides the best channel for securing your data in transit. Typical consumers can rely on VPNs that can work on their small-scale devices. However, businesses need super secure VPNs to protect their traffic and prevent attacks.
Does a VPN router slow down Internet speed in Spain?
Yes, a VPN router mostly slows down the internet speed in Spain. The drop in speed depends on various factors, such as the VPN brand, distance from the VPN server, and the original connection speed without VPN. In some router VPNs, the change in speed is even difficult to notice.
Router VPNs are increasing in demand commercially. Cyber threats and suspicious activities are affecting both individual users and the team of consumers. Therefore, small to large-scale businesses prefer security solutions to encrypt their traffic and protect entire data.
To help you choose the right VPN for your setup in Spain, we have discussed the best VPN routers for small business in this guide. We have covered their prominent features in the quick overview.
ExpressVPN Aircove is an outstanding router VPN with incredible features and excellent performance. You can also try any of the VPN routers discussed in this post according to your requirements and plans. Before you shortlist a VPN, assess its price, security protocols, speed, and performance.