TorVPN is a UK-based VPN provider offering its services through 10+ servers across the globe. It does have a freemium package in Germany but does not have a huge server spread like ExpressVPN or PureVPN.
It does not offer a US Netflix streaming feature in Germany. Therefore, I don’t recommend the service because it keeps users’ logs and abides by mandatory data retention laws.
After reading my editorial TorVPN review in Germany, you will unearth ground reality about the provider in detail.
TorVPN Review in Germany – My Rating Criteria
- Pricing – What is the cost of TorVPN in Germany?
- Security – Protocols, Encryption & Features in Germany
- Jurisdiction – Belongs to Five Eyes Territory
- Speed – Is TorVPN Fast in Germany?
- Streaming – Does it unblock Netflix in Germany?
- Leaks – IP, DNS, WebRTC & Virus Tests
- Trustworthiness – Logging Policy & Customer Support in Germany
- Compatibility – How many devices do TorVPN support?
Pricing – What is the cost of TorVPN in Germany?
TorVPN offers a flexible package structure in Germany that includes both freemium and premium plans too:
- Free Tor VPN allows you to use the service for a week in Germany but has a 2 GB data limit alongside one VPN server availability.
- A cheap VPN charges £0.50 or ($0.62) for fifteen days and comes with a 5 GB data limit along with one VPN server availability.
- Pro VPN is valid for one month in Germany and charges £1.90 or ($2.35) Pro VPN plan comes with a data limit of up to 60 GB and access to 2 servers.
- Silver VPN Plan comes with a validity of up to ninety days in Germany. It costs £5.50 or ($6.81)and offers a data limit of 100 GB along with access to all available basic servers.
- Gold VPN Plan costs £19.90 or ($24.64). It is valid for one year in Germany and offers maximum benefits, including unlimited bandwidth and unrestricted data transfer.
- Custom Plan is last among the list of TorVPN pricing plans and charges according to tailored offerings. Subscribers in Germany can select the desired time period, the number of servers, sessions, and data limits in the Custom Plan.
Payment Methods in Germany
TorVPN accepts payments through PayPal and bitcoin. That said, subscribers in Germany could conceal their identity and pay anonymously through bitcoin.
TorVPN does not offer a money-back guarantee in any of its plans in Germany. The brand does not follow the concept of a refund policy by itself unless the law requires it.
Furthermore, if you want to get your hands on amazing discounts, check out our VPN deals in Germany list right now!
Security – Protocols & Encryption in Germany
In this TorVPN Review in Germany we found that TorVPN offers OpenVPN, PPTP, SSH, and SOCKS protocol.
In essence, OpenVPN provides military-grade 256-bit encryption compatible with all mainstream platforms, including Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and Mac OSX.
Conversely, the PPTP protocol offers 128-bit standard encryption, which is preferred for streaming and unblocking purposes in Germany.
Jurisdiction – Belongs to 5 Eyes Territory
The UK-based VPN provider TorVPN serves netizens with diverse privacy needs.
Being founded in 2010, the company is located in Wallasey, United Kingdom, and is subjected to the UK’s mandatory data retention laws.
TorVPN Review in Germany showed us that TorVPN offers 10+ servers distributed across 10+ prime countries globally, where every server is named after planets in the solar system.
Interestingly, four servers are distributed in every nation, where two use TCP and the remaining UDP.
On top of that, TorVPN offers a dedicated page for the list of servers, where subscribers in Germany can check the number of users connected to a specific server.
The server panel also provides information about protocols, speed, region, and city of a specific VPN server.
To know more about different types of servers, read this detailed guide on VPN server locations.
Speed – Is TorVPN Fast in Germany?
TorVPN server speed is really slow in Germany. I tested its speed while using a 28Mbps internet connection but received only 4.97 Mbps speed in the end.
From the above screenshot, you can see a clear 80% speed decline.
Streaming – Does it Unblock Netflix in Germany?
Unfortunately, TorVPN does not unblock Netflix’s US media content library in Germany. Moreover, it does not help users when it comes to unblocking geo-restricted content on a different streaming platform in Germany like Kodi as tested in this TorVPN Review in Germany.
Thus, you have no option left other than using the best VPN for Kodi in Germany to watch your favorite TV shows or other stuff securely.
On the other hand, TorVPN delivers dedicated P2P optimized servers that allow you to download your preferred torrents anonymously in Germany.
Leaks – IP, DNS, WebRTC & Virus Tests
I checked IP leak, DNS leak, and the WebRTC leak security feature of TorVPN and received mixed results.
The service cleared IP leak and WebRTC leak tests with excellence but failed during DNS leak testing. Here are the snapshots:
Surprisingly, it showed my DNS information during the testing phase. It means the service is not safe and risky to use.
I checked its Windows setup file to see if it exposed any virus or not. Luckily, it came clean against the test:
Trustworthiness – Logging Policy & Customer Support in Germany
The provider has also declared that it may share subscribers’ personal information in Germany with third parties and law enforcement agencies under the court’s order.
Customer Support in Germany
TorVPN provides a range of support channels that consist of:
- FAQ section
- Setup guides
- Live chat support
However, the live chat option is a bit hit and miss affair because it is not available all the time.
Compatibility – How many devices do TorVPN support?
TorVPN is compatible across various leading platforms, including Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Android, and iOS.
Subscribers can download Tor VPN on Windows 7 and secure their online transactions, emails, confidential conversations, and more sensitive information in Germany.
However, a drawback of their service I discovered in the review is the lack of in-house clients.
The users need to download the OpenVPN client or configure PPTP or SSH manually to use TorVPN on Windows.
iOS users can install TorVPN on iPhone or iPad after downloading the OpenVPN client from App Store in Germany.
Still, you will need to configure the service manually later on.
The same goes for Android OS. You can download the OpenVPN client on an Android phone or tablet from PlayStore in Germany to use TorVPN on your Android devices.
Comparison between ExpressVPN and TorVPN in Germany
If you want to know the major attributes of both these services, have a look at the below-mentioned table:
|Price||EUR 6.27/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)||$2.35/mo|
|Servers||3000+ in 94 Countries||10+ in 10+ Countries|
|Compatibility||All Devices||Windows, Mac, Linux, Android,
|Jurisdiction||The British Virgin Islands||UK|
|Logging Policy||Zero Logs||Keep Logs|
|Customer Support||Live Chat & Email Support||FAQs & Email|
|Trust Pilot Score||4.6||N/A|
Alternatives to TorVPN
- NordVPN Review in Germany
- Psiphon review in Germany
- Avast SecureLine VPN Review in Germany
- ExpressVPN Review in Germany
- Private Internet Access Review in Germany
- PureVPN Review in Germany
- Windscribe Review in Germany
- AVG VPN Review in Germany
- Opera VPN Review in Germany
- Turbo VPN Review in Germany
- Proton VPN Review in Germany
Do I Recommend TorVPN in Germany?
No, I don’t recommend TorVPN in Germany.
There are many things I did not like about the service. You can consider them in the shape of jurisdiction, logging policy, small server network, and no support for Netflix including other streaming services in Germany.
Despite having a free trial benefit, TorVPN is not a good privacy option.
Based on the above TorVPN review in Germany, I have given the service a 2.5/5.0 stars rating overall.