Wondering, ‘Can I watch Channel 4 in Netherlands?’ No, unfortunately, you cannot because Channel 4 is only available in the UK. Due to content geo-restrictions and UK’s copyrights and distribution laws, only the local residents can watch it. So how can you watch Channel 4 UK? Well, you’ll need a reputable UK VPN, that’s for sure.
Channel 4, also known as My4 or All 4, is a UK-based OTT streaming platform offering a great number of popular British shows such as The Originals, Make me Prime Minister, Trainspotting, The Junior Bake Off, Derry Girls, and more.
Remember, to watch Channel 4’s latest sports, movies, and shows in Netherlands, you’ll need to Get a UK IP address in Netherlands, and you can get that by using a premium VPN like ExpressVPN.
Need more details? Read on!
How to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands [Quick Guide]
Here’s how to watch Channel 4 UK by following the steps given below:
- Choose a premium VPN service and subscribe to it. (We recommend ExpressVPN).
- Download the ExpressVPN app on your chosen device and sign in.
- Select a UK server and hit the Connect button.
- Once connected, download the All 4 app or visit Channel 4 website.
- Set up an account and watch Channel 4 UK.
Note: Still wondering ‘how do I get to Channel 4 in Netherlands?’ You’ll need to head to Channel 4 and register. Use G1 1XW for Glasgow and SW1P 2TX & EC3A 8BF for London as postal codes. Also, to avoid any errors in between, change your device timings’ zone to Zero GMT/UTC +00:00 London.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands?
You need a VPN to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands because the streaming channel’s content is geo-restricted and complies with UK copyrights and distribution laws. Most streaming sites implement this due to their copyright and licensing agreements with the studio producers and executives, as they’re the ones who get to choose in which region(s) they’d like their particular project to be shown.
As a result, you cannot access Channel 4 or its sister channels in Netherlands. If you don’t believe us, feel free to try it, whether the site’s accessible for you or not. Based on our experience, we weren’t prompted by the following while trying to watch Channel 4 UK:
“Not Available. All 4 is only available in the UK.”
You can avoid this error message and access Channel 4’s binge-worthy content library only by using a VPN and connecting to a UK server. Once you’re connected to a UK server, your device will be assigned a temporary UK IP address.
As a result, Channel 4’s IP-detecting mechanism will assume that you’re accessing the platform within the permissible region. This way, you can resume your streaming and watch all the Channel 4 shows in Netherlands.
TL;DR: 3 Best VPNs to Watch Channel 4 in Netherlands in 2023
Here’s a quick rundown of our selected VPNs that can efficiently unblock Channel 4 in Netherlands, tested in 2023:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Channel 4 UK. It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 5 server locations in the UK. It offers an excellent unblocking ability for bypassing geo-blocks.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to stream Channel 4. With a minimum price of EUR 2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) , it offers 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including 4 server locations in the UK.
- NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to watch Channel 4. It offers fast and reliable 5500+ servers in 60 countries, including 440+ in the UK.
Best VPNs to Watch Channel 4 in Netherlands [In-Depth Analysis]
We tested 40+ VPNs based on their fast speeds and unblocking capabilities and came across these 3 VPNs that lived up to these criteria. Following are the 3 best VPNs to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries with 5 server locations in UK
- Speed: 89.42 Mbps on a 100 Mbps base connection
- MediaStreamer feature
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Five simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands. It offers the best unblocking ability and download speeds for streaming. This VPN provider has a network consisting of 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including 5 server locations; Docklands, East London, London, Midlands, and Wembley, declaring itself the best VPN for UK dur to quality server locations provision.
So if you’re still wondering can I watch Channel 4 in Netherlands? Yes, you can. With ExpressVPN’s fast speeds, you can unblock Channel 4 in seconds. While watching episodes on Channel 4, we saw no buffering or streaming issues. Thanks to ExpressVPN’s London server, we enjoyed watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days on Channel 4.
You can also watch SonyLiv in UK, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, and many other streaming sites using ExpressVPN. This VPN also works perfectly well to watch BBC iPlayer in Netherlands and many other UK streaming channels. It also works well in unblocking different regional channels in UK like Crave TV in UK, Viaplay in UK, Global TV Live Stream in UK, etc.
The ExpressVPN speed test UK gave some impressive numbers, with average download speeds of 89.42 Mbps and an upload speed of 84.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps base connection.
ExpressVPN’s compatibility with devices is unmatched, allowing up to 6 devices on a single account. You can connect ExpressVPN with all major devices, including Android, iOS, Mac, etc. You faced no issues while watching Channel 4 using ExpessVPN on FireStick in UK, Roku, Kodi, and other devices. ExpressVPN is also the best VPN for DFB Pokal to watch it in Netherlands, as it requires UK servers to unblock.
Its military-grade encryption will keep you completely anonymous and away from the ISPs snooping and monitoring your activity. ExpressVPN keeps no logs and offers a kill switch, threat manager, AES 256-bit encryption, split tunneling, SmartDNS, MediaStreamer, etc.
Being the best VPN for Channel 4 in Netherlands, ExpressVPN is available for just EUR6.2/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan). In case you’re dubious about its services, you may opt for ExpressVPN’s free trial UK to test on your mobile phones. If things don’t work out as well as you hoped, you can always cancel your ExpressVPN in UK and get a refund.
ExpressVPN also offers a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee for British users who want to check out all its features risk-free and live chat support.
To study more about ExpressVPN, read our ExpressVPN review UK.
- Fast servers to watch Channel 4 without any buffering
- Unblocked Channel 4 and other streaming sites within seconds
- Media Streamer feature
- High-end security features to protect your streaming experience
- A bit expensive compared to other VPN providers
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to stream Channel 4
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries including 4 server locations in UK
- Speed: 81.32 Mbps with 100 Mbps base connection
- Whitelister, AES-256-bit military-grade encryption
- Unlimited bandwidth for ultra HD streaming
- Infinite simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Surfshark is the most budget-friendly VPN for watching Channel 4 and unblocking geo-restrictions, available for only EUR2.14/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) in Netherlands. With 3200+ servers in 100 countries worldwide and 4 server locations in the UK; Glasgow, London, Edinburgh, and Manchester.
We used Surfshark’s Manchester server to rewatch World War Z, and the results were nothing short of amazing.
You can unblock Channel 4 and UK-based Sports channels as well. For example, you can stream Sky Sports in Netherlands, BT Sport in Netherlands and BFI Player in Netherlands using Surfshark. using Surfshark. If you want a super-affordable VPN that can help you to listen Absolute Radio in Netherlands, then Surfshark is your best bet.
Surfshark also offers unlimited simultaneous connections on a single account, making it unique from all other VPNs. It is compatible with all popular devices and operating systems, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and others. We also successfully installed Surfshark on Firestick, Roku, PS4, and other gaming consoles.
When it comes to Surfshark’s speeds, it gave an average download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection when we tested it with Channel 4. We did not experience any buffering while streaming.
Surfshark backs its geo-restriction bypassing capabilities with some highly encrypted security features like a kill switch, private DNS, NoBorders Mode, AES 256-bit encryption, camouflage mode, and multiple encryption protocols for users to choose from.
This VPN is also pretty budget-friendly and costs you only a minimal subscription price also Surfshark offers a free trial UK for 7-days. It also comes with a 30-day refund policy, so you can always cancel your Surfshark UK subscription if you don’t like the service in Netherlands.
To learn more about this provider, read our Surfshark review UK.
- Most budget-friendly VPN
- Capable of unblocking Channel 4 along with other UK streaming channels
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Strong security and privacy
- For iOS, split tunneling is not supported
- Occasional slow speeds
3. NordVPN – Largest Server Network VPN to watch Channel 4
- 5500+ servers in 60 countries and 440+ servers in UK
- Speed: 83.82 Mbps speed on a 100 Mbps connection
- Double VPN, AES 256-bit encryption
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- 30-day money-back guarantee
NordVPN has the largest server network VPN to watch Channel 4 as it offers 5500+ servers in 60 countries, with 440+ servers in the UK across London, Edinburgh, Manchester, and Glasgow.
Our viewing experience was top-notch as we finally caught up on Rick and Morty‘s latest season using NordVPN’s Edinburgh server, ensuring no buffering during our streaming in Netherlands.
With NordVPN, you can unblock not just Channel 4 but also other geo-restricted services like ITV Hub, UKTV Play , Amazon Prime, and BBC iPlayer. You can also watch Disney Plus using NordVPN. If you want to unblock other UK streaming platforms, such as Sky GO in Netherlands then NordVPN is the best choice for you. And not just for UK streaming channels NordVPN has shown great unblocking performance with channels like Voot, ARTE1 and NPO etc.
With download speeds ranging from 83.82 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on average, you will never experience any streaming issues with NordVPN. You can check out the NordVPN speed tests UK we conducted if you need the stats.
NordVPN offers six simultaneous connections and is compatible with multiple devices. You can enjoy Channel 4 on various devices such as Android, iOS, Mac, Windows, and many more.
It also offers a Smart DNS proxy that allows you to stream Channel 4 on devices such as Smart TV, Apple TV, gaming consoles, and others. NordVPN works well on PS4 quite well, based on our experience.
It keeps your online activity completely encrypted with its AES 256-bit encryption and security features like a kill switch, double VPN, no logs, obfuscated servers, etc.
You can avail of this VPN’s excellent services and enjoy Channel 4 using its security features through its 30-day money-back guarantee or just subscribe to its service at the cost of EUR3.71/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). You can also opt for NordVPN’s free trial UK and test its services. If you’re unsatisfied, you may cancel your NordVPN UK subscription and get a refund in Netherlands.
To learn more about this provider, read our NordVPN review UK.
- Largest sever network abroad
- Reliably unblock Channel 4 UK and other streaming sites
- Six simultaneous connections to enjoy watching together
- Credible security features
- Windows app needs work on its responsiveness
How Do You Sign Up for Channel 4 in Netherlands?
Follow these steps to learn how to get Channel 4 in Netherlands:
- Subscribe to a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app.
- Launch the app and sign in with your credentials.
- Connect to any of the UK servers available.
- Either visit Channel 4’s website or download the All 4 app.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Get some snacks and start watching Channel 4 UK!
Can you use a free VPN to Watch Channel 4 in Netherlands?
Yes, you can use a free VPN to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands, but we don’t recommend it as it’s not the safest option. Free VPNs come in with multiple limitations and risks that make them threatening to a user in the longer run. For example, free VPNs offer limited data that won’t let you binge on this streaming service for even two hours.
These VPNs also offer just a few servers that might not even be in the UK. Furthermore, the most dangerous aspect of these VPNs is that they often collect minimal logs and leak IP addresses. This data is later sold to third-party advertisers for self gains.
Free VPNs are also subjected to frequent ads. If the VPN doesn’t collect user data, the advertisements certainly do. So, it’s better that you don’t use a free VPN and risk your data. Instead, just opt for a premium Channel 4 VPN like ExpressVPN and enjoy its features without worries.
What devices can I use to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands?
The following devices can be used to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands:
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Apple TV
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
Watch Channel 4 on Android
Install Channel 4 streaming app on Android by following the steps given below:
- Download and install a reliable VPN on your Android device. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Once installed, log in to your VPN account, and connect to a UK server.
- Create a new Gmail ID with your region, switch to UK, and log in.
- Visit the Google Play Store and download the app for All 4.
- Sign in or sign up on All 4.
- Enjoy streaming Channel 4 UK!
Watch Channel 4 on iOS (iPad and iPhone)
Install Channel 4 app on iOS in Netherlands by following the steps given below:
- Download and install a Channel 4 VPN on your iOS device. ExpressVPN is recommended.
- Sign in to your VPN account and connect with a UK server.
- From your iOS device, go to Settings –> tap on your Apple account –> Media & Purchases –> Change your region to UK.
- Download All 4 app from the Apple App Store.
- Sign in to Channel 4 or create a new one.
- Start streaming Channel 4 UK.
Popular Shows to Watch on Channel 4 in Netherlands
Here are some of the must-watch shows on Channel 4 UK:
- Rise and Fall
- Scared of the Dark
- The Rook
- The Originals
- Naked Attraction
- Ackley Bridge
- Close to me
- This Way Up
Popular Movies to Watch on Channel 4 in Netherlands
Here are some of the most popular movies worth watching on Channel 4 in Netherlands:
- Belfast Midwives
- Travel Man Season 8
- Top Dog
- The Piano
- Guy Martin’s Great British Power Trip
- The Curse Season 2
- Tempting Fortune
- I Am Ruth
- Pet Sematary
FAQs – Best VPN to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands
Is It illegal to use a VPN for Channel 4 in Netherlands?
No, it is not illegal to use a VPN for Channel 4 in Netherlands. Although Channel 4’s terms and conditions could mention it, utilizing a VPN for streaming is in no way prohibited.
Why does Channel 4 not work on VPN in Netherlands?
Channel 4 may not be working on a VPN in Netherlands because the streaming service may have blocked your VPN-provided IP addresses. As a result, you can’t access Channel 4 at all. We’d suggest you use a trusty Channel 4 VPN like ExpressVPN so that there are no leaks and your IP address will be blocked by Channel 4.
How do I get Channel 4 on my TV in Netherlands?
You can get Channel 4 on your TV by downloading the All 4 app on your smart TV, PS4, or any streaming stick. But if you’re residing in Netherlands, you’ll also need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass geo-restrictions and access All 4. Then simply connect your VPN to a Wi-Fi router, choose any UK server and start streaming Channel 4 on your TV!
How can I stream British TV in Netherlands?
You can stream British TV in Netherlands by downloading a premium VPN like ExpressVPN and connecting to any of its UK servers. Once you have a UK IP address, you can bypass geo-restrictions on British TV channels and stream UK’s content all you want! Such as BBC iPlayer, Hayu in UK, ITV Hub, and many more.
Channel 4 is one incredible VOD service that is, sadly, restricted in Netherlands. But hopefully, now you know how to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands. So, to access it in your country, follow our step-by-step guide to unlock and watch Channel 4 in Netherlands using a VPN.
While people consider purchasing an IPTV package to watch Channel 4 in Netherlands, using our recommended VPNs is the most efficient way to unblock geo-restricted services on the internet. You can access some fantastic shows and watch Junior Bake Off in Netherlands, or any other country.
Of the VPNs above, ExpressVPN is our top choice. You can get a 30-day money-back guarantee from this VPN.