Do you wish to have worldwide access to your preferred German websites, TV shows, or services? No worries! With a VPN, it is simple. We have outlined the most reliable VPNs for this job as well as how to use a VPN to get a German IP address in Hong Kong.
With a German IP address, you will be able to stream geo-restricted content and watch local German TV channels such as ARD Mediathek, or Netflix Germany in Hong Kong.
VPNs do a lot more things besides bypassing geo-restrictions. The best VPN for Germany For Hong Kong Users also focuses on network security and minimizes the chance of online threats. For example, German citizens who are traveling can safely get online access to their bank accounts at Deutsche Bank or Commerzbank in Hong Kong.
Simply put, a VPN is the most effective option to get a German IP address in Hong Kong. Although many VPNs provide servers in German locations, our top choice is ExpressVPN. You can also consider NordVPN if you want a less expensive VPN service. Moreover, there are other alternatives that are free, including Windscribe and TunnelBear, but then you’ll have to deal with their limited bandwidth and poor speeds.
Key Takeaways of German IP Address in Hong Kong
- A VPN is the best option to get a German IP address in Hong Kong. Most VPN services have a German server, but ExpressVPN is the best option to connect to a Germany VPN server
- Consider NordVPN if you’re searching for something with a lower pricing and a large number of servers.
- If you want a free German IP address in Hong Kong, you can use Windscribe and TunnelBear as free VPN Germany. However, you have to deal with limited bandwidth and unstable speeds.
Easy Steps: How Do I Get a German IP Address in Hong Kong?
Using a VPN to change your IP address is simple and convenient. Follow the steps to learn how to get German IP address in Hong Kong:
- Pick a reliable VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Download and set up the relevant VPN app for your device.
- Register and purchase a subscription plan
- Log in to the VPN app, select a German server, and click connect.
- Finally, you will be able to access German websites with a German IP address in Hong Kong.
Quick Overview: The Best VPN to Get a German IP Address in Hong Kong
Here’s the list of the best VPN Germany to get German IP address:
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN for German IP addresses in Hong Kong. It is designed to be efficient while still maintaining security and high speed.
- Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to get a German IP address. You can install this app on as many devices as you like at a price of only HKD 18.02/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) .
- NordVPN – Largest server network for German IP addresses. Boasts a large network of servers across the globe, including in Germany.
Check out the Methodology of Finding the best VPNs to get a German IP address | FAQs
Best VPNs to Get a German IP Address (2023 In-Depth Analysis)
We’ve compiled a list of the best German VPN service providers below that will help you get a German IP address along with top-notch security, quality performance, and speed:
1. ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get a German IP Address in Hong Kong
- Server count: 3000+ servers in 94 countries, including multiple servers in Germany
- Speed: 87.18 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- Simultaneous connections: 5
- Unlimited bandwidth: Yes
- Money back guarantee: 30 days
- Price: HKD52.27/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN to get a German IP address in Hong Kong and help you bypass IP location limitations. It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries across the world and plenty of servers in Germany.
We could access MDR, NDR, ZDF, Das Erste, and more with the help of ExpressVPN without running into connectivity problems.
Moreover, using this best VPN for streaming in Hong Kong, we could unblock various other global streaming platforms as well. ExpressVPN works best with Netflix in Hong Kong, Amazon Prime, HBO Max, Hulu, Sky Go, and BT Sport in Germany. Also apart from German Channel you can also enjoy watching new shows and movies on Hulu with ExpressVPN in Hong Kong
As far as network security is concerned, it offers military-grade 256-bit AES encryption and protection against WebRTC/IPV6/DNS leaks. Plus, with the ExpressVPN kill switch in Hong Kong, you can disconnects the internet automatically during a VPN connection drop. This actually prevents your confidential data from leaking outside the encryption tunnel.
It has apps for all major operating systems, such as Linux, Windows, iPhone, FireOS, and macOS. However, ExpressVPN can be configured on routers manually to protect your home or work Wi-Fi network. In addition to that, ExpressVPN is compatible with Firestick in Hong Kong, Roku, AppleTV, smartphones, laptops, etc. You can also easily set up ExpressVPN on your Roku in Hong Kong.
ExpressVPN speed test data
We received exceptional results on the ExpressVPN speed test in Hong Kong on its German servers. It delivered a satisfactory download speed of 87.18 Mbps and 52.13 Mbps of upload speed on a 100 Mbps connection.
ExpressVPN is the best way to change your IP address to Germany, considering its speed, connectivity, and exceptional unblocking capabilities. The cost of ExpressVPN in Hong Kong starts at HKD 52.27/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan), which comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
However, it does not offer a free german IP address, but you can use ExpressVPN’s free trial in Hong Kong with all premium features and server access.
To learn more about its features and functionalities, do check out our ExpressVPN review in Hong Kong.
- The overall best option available to get a German IP address in Hong Kong
- Compatible apps for Android, Windows, Linux, macOS, and iOS
- Stringent no-logging policy
- Customer care support is available 24/7
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Slightly more expensive than its competitors
2. Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Get a German IP address
- 3200 servers in 100 countries with super fast servers in Germany.
- 81.32 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- Offers 256-bit military-grade encryption with a kill switch
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- 30- days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live Chat Support
- Free Trial for iOS and Mac
Surfshark is the budget-friendly option for getting a German IP address, starting from HKD 18.02/mo (US$ 2.30/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan). It has 3200+ servers across 100 different countries, including multiple servers located in 3 German cities.
We tried Surfshark’s German servers to access local German Television channels, mainly MDR, NDR, ZDF, and Das Erste. The speeds were great and consistent during the streaming test in Hong Kong.
Besides German channels, we could also access major geo-restricted streaming platforms, such as Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Hulu, Paramount Plus, and NBC in Germany. Surfshark with Netflix in Hong Kong works really well. Users can also unblock HBO Max with Surfshark in Hong Kong.
A kill switch, robust 256-bit encryption, and IPV6 and DNS leak prevention are provided to ensure that your data always remains safe. Surfshark also has certified functions such as OpenVPN, CleanWeb (an ad blocker), WhiteLister technology, and Bypasser, ensuring top-notch security during your online endeavors.
Moreover, it is the best multi-device VPN in Hong Kong, supporting all major operating systems, with one click you can install Surshark on Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac in Hong Kong. It also works fine with many devices such as Android TV, gaming consoles(Xbox & Playstation), Firestick, and Roku. check out how you can get Surfshark on your Firestick in Hong Kong.
Moreover, you can also configure Surfshark on routers in Hong Kong manually with proper installation steps.
Surfshark speed test data
Don’t underestimate Surfshark for its cheap plans. When we conducted the Surfshark speed assessment, it performed outperformed. It delivered a download speed of 81.32 Mbps and an Upload speed of 76.12 Mbps on a base connection of 100 Mbps.
Surfshark prices considering all of these features are definitely an affordable yet reliable choice to get a German IP address in Hong Kong. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. There is also a Surfshark free trial in Hong Kong available for iOS and Mac users.
For more details, please read our detailed Surfshark review in Hong Kong.
- It offers affordable plans in Germany
- No limits on simultaneous connections.
- Data tracking is strictly enforced.
- Affordably priced packages are available.
- Customer service is a major issue.
- Kill-switch that can be controlled manually.
- IP addresses that haven’t changed in a long time.
3. NordVPN – Network with multiple Servers in Germany
- + servers in countries,including fast servers in Germany.
- 83.82 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection
- 6 Simultaneous connections
- Unlimited bandwidth for Ultra HD streaming
- 30- day Money-back guarantee
- 256-bit AES encryption
- Live Chat Support: Yes
- 7-day free trial
NordVPN has the server Network for obtaining a German IP address. NordVPN has over 5500+ servers across 60 countries worldwide. It has dozens of servers available for Germany alone.
After changing the IP address with NordVPN in Hong Kong, we tested its German servers, we could access local German TV channels and services without any problem in Hong Kong. Some websites from back home are region-locked if you’re traveling outside of Germany. Streaming services and TV platforms are particularly prone to this. You must consequently get a German IP address in order to watch German TV in Hong Kong or anywhere else.
Not just that, since it’s the best secure VPN in Hong Kong for accessing German IP address, you can also unblock global streaming services from within the German region, like HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer with NordVPN. Users can easily access movies on Netflix with NordVPN in Hong Kong.
NordVPN works great with VoIP services and banned social websites as well. As per our tests, it proved as the best VPN for Pandora in Germany, along with Omegle, Facebook, Zoom, and more. Thanks to its unlimited bandwidth, the experience was pretty smooth overall.
NordVPN has multiple enhanced security features such as Kill Switch, 256-bit encryption, and protection against IPv6, DNS, and WebRTC breaches. Its strict no-log policy ensures maximum privacy while you browse and stream online.
NordVPN is compatible with several operating systems, including ChromeOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and macOS. Furthermore, it supports a large array of devices, including Android TV, Roku, Firestick, and smartphones, and you can set up NordVPN on a router in Hong Kong.
Also, if you want to secure your gaming device, you can install NordVPN on Xbox and PS. Check out here on how to set up NordVPN on your PlayStation.
NordVPN speed test data
While conducting NordVPN’s speed test in Hong Kong, we were surprised to see the results. We noticed a download speed of 83.82 Mbps and an upload speed of 44.64 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN is a reliable and secure VPN for getting a German IP address and comes at a price of only HKD 31.27/mo (US$ 3.99/mo) (Get 57% Off + 3 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan) with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Mobile users can take advantage of NordVPN’s free trial in Hong Kong and test its services free for 7 days.
You can cancel your NordVPN subscription in Hong Kong anytime if you believe the service is not for you. To learn more about this VPN provider, check out our comprehensive NordVPN review in Hong Kong.
- Boasts the largest server network
- It works best with local German streaming services
- It also supports split tunneling as an added security option
- Works great on all devices
- Desktop apps lag sometimes
Why Should You Get a German IP Address in Hong Kong?
You should get a German IP address to securely access your German online bank services and other geo-restricted local streaming services while in Hong Kong. You can always remain connected to Germany’s online service with a dedicated German IP. Moreover, it also helps ensures online security and privacy while making online transactions in Hong Kong.
We’d also like to add some of the important points below, which will specifically answer why exactly you should get a German IP address in Hong Kong:
- Capability to access your bank account while traveling in Hong Kong.
- To enjoy exclusive German libraries of famous streaming platforms like Netflix.
- Override IP throttling and ISP surveillance.
- To keep your devices protected on public networks.
Methodology: Finding the Best VPNs for a German IP Address in Hong Kong
You cannot obtain a German IP address without German servers. Yet another factor is the server count; the more servers a provider offers, the simpler it will be for you to bypass any country’s streaming restricted content from anywhere.
Laggy streaming and poorly loaded websites are both results of slow internet speeds. We only mentioned VPNs that have recently performed well in our fastest VPN speed testing.
To determine how well VPNs function, we test them against a variety of streaming services (such as Netflix, Disney+, and HBO Max). In this case, we gave preference to users who could reliably access German streaming services like German Netflix, NDR or Joyn, etc.
Security and privacy:
VPNs’ first priority is to grant you safe access to the internet whether it’s for streaming, browsing, or torrenting. Because of this, the VPNs we selected offer 256-bit encryption, DNS and IPv6 leak protection, a kill switch, and a no-logs policy.
Ease of use:
We believe that everyone should have access to security, so we choose VPNs that are simple enough for total beginners to use. It would be ideal if they allows multiple simultaneous connections, supported live chat 24/7, and provided apps for a variety of devices.
What are the Other Methods to obtain a German IP Address in Hong Kong?
Apart from using a VPN, the following are the alternate options you can use for obtaining a German IP address in Hong Kong:
1. TOR: Tor browser is known for anonymously accessing the internet. It is packed with the latest security algorithms but is not a good option for day-to-day tasks. However, the Tor browser can get you a German IP address in Hong Kong, but we don’t recommend it, as certain high-profile government sectors can trace it.
2. Proxy servers: VPNs and proxies are somewhat similar. But the major problem with having a german IP web proxy is they don’t encrypt your traffic the way a German VPN does. So if you are using a German IP web proxy you’re leaving yourself susceptible to online monitoring by an ISP or other snoopers. The proxy provider itself could also monitor your online behavior.
Because of certain limitations and security concerns, we always recommend our readers’ VPN as it is the safest way to get a German IP address in Hong Kong. Our top recommendation for Germany IP address is ExpressVPN.
FAQs on How to Get a German IP Address in Hong Kong With a VPN
Is using a VPN in Hong Kong to get a German IP address safe?
Yes, absolutely! A Virtual private network (VPN) is the safest and easiest way to get a German IP address in Hong Kong. It is a dedicated tool that creates a secure tunnel between your device and the requesting server. This encrypts your transmitted data and prevents your network from being compromised.
How can I get a German IP address for free in Hong Kong?
You can get a free German IP address using a free VPN Germany service like TunnelBear and Windscribe in Hong Kong. Most free VPNs are unreliable and lack the required security features. Although they provide good security and are among the best free VPNs, but Windscribe and TunnelBear frequently suffer from slow speeds.
Which VPN has a German server for free?
Both TunnelBear and Windscribe provide free servers in Germany. While it’s generally not a good idea to use a free VPN, both Windscribe and TunnelBear are reliable and safe.
Can I assign a German IP address to my home router?
Yes, you can assign a German IP address to your Wi-Fi router using a secured VPN. Many VPNs require manual configuration for this job. However, it is possible that your router is not VPN-compatible. In this case, you should buy a VPN-compatible router. This will save you the trouble of downloading the VPN app on each device separately.
What are the Dangers of using VPNs in Hong Kong to get a Germany IP Address?
Although German laws do not impose internet restrictions, there are a few dangers of using a German IP address.
- In 2019, the German government approved a bill allowing authorities to use monitoring tools to enhance communication surveillance. So the same monitoring occurs when you use a German IP.
- Then in 2020, The Network Enforcement Act (NetzDG) was modified to tighten user rights and require online platforms to provide data they acquire from users to the Federal Criminal Police (BKA) in order to monitor hate crimes.
- Moreover, just like in other countries, torrenting copyrighted content in Germany is considered an illegal activity. For this reason, getting a German IP by using a reliable VPN for torrenting in Hong Kong is essential.
Choose a VPN with German servers if you want to get a German IP address in Hong Kong. You’ll be able to access local sites and services from anywhere in the world as soon as you connect to one while staying safe and anonymous.
However, before choosing a Germany VPN server address, look into its security, internet speeds, and ability to overcome geo-blocks.
ExpressVPN Germany server is our leading recommendation to get a German IP address because of its better connections, security features, and huge server network. ExpressVPN’s German IPs come with a 30-day money-back policy so that you can test them out without risk. You can always request a full refund if you don’t like it.