Do you want to protect your iPhone against malware and boost its security in New Zealand?
There’s a simple solution to it! Installing a VPN that would keep your information safe and private.
Here is the video guide of top 3 VPN services compatible with iPhone in New Zealand:
Apart from keeping your phone’s data secure, it does many great things, such as:
- Spoof your current location in New Zealand
- Protect against insecure Wi-Fi hotspot in New Zealand
- Access videos/websites that are blocked in New Zealand… and so on!
One thing to remember is, internet is a walled-garden. It will restrict your access to some material, while allowing access to some in New Zealand.
But there’s one thing to be sure, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) will give you internet freedom like no other in New Zealand.
In this VPN installation guide, the methods will remain the same for iOS devices running iOS 8 or above i.e. iPhone [4,4s, 5, 6, 7, 8, X, XS, XR, 11, 12] in New Zealand.
So, whether you want to set up your VPN on iPhone 11/11 Pro, 12 or beyond, or if you have the older iPhone 5, 6, or above, the setup instructions below are applicable for all.
If you’re looking for providers instead, check out our article on best VPNs for iPhone in 2022 and if you’re looking for discounts, check out our amazing VPN deals and best christmas VPN deals 2022. Therefore, we highly recommend reading our blog to learn about more VPN service.
How to Set Up a VPN iPhone/iPad in New Zealand
Follow these steps to set up a VPN on iPhone 6 and above in New Zealand:
Step 1: Open the App Store.
Step 2: Search for any VPN provider e.g. ExpressVPN.
Step 3: Press the Get icon.
Step 4: Click Open.
Step 5: Select Login or Sign up to ExpressVPN.
Step 6: Click Allow if the notification pops up.
Step 7: Connect to any server.
Step 8: It will ask you to enter your passcode.
Step 9: Now start using a VPN!
How to Set Up a VPN on iPhone 6 or Above with an Older iOS Version in New Zealand
To set up a VPN on iPhone 6 or above on an older iOS version, you need to in New Zealand:
- Visit Safari and open ExpressVPN’s website.
- Sign in to the site with your credentials and verify your account.
- Visit your accounts page.
- Go down to iPhone and iPad. Click on ‘complete the ExpressVPN manual setup for iOS’.
- Click Allow if a prompt pops up and accept all notifications in New Zealand.
After this, you need to finish the VPN setup on your iPhone 6 or above. Following are the steps to do that in New Zealand:
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone and click General.
- Click on Profile.
- Click on your VPN.
- Click ‘Install’ present on the top-right corner.
- You will find your VPN present under the following: Settings>General>VPN.
- You can simply manage your VPN connection from there easily in New Zealand.
How to Manually Setup VPN on iPhone/iPad in New Zealand (PPTP/L2TP/IKEv2)
All of the best VPN for iPad & iPhone apps mentioned above offer support for iOS, especially for the latest models of the phone/tablet in New Zealand. So if, for instance, you needed to know how to set up a VPN on iPhone 11, the above method should suffice (this is also true for previous/later models of the phone).
However, if your VPN provider doesn’t offer an app for the iOS version you have, you can still get by with the manual method, which you might need to perform if you want to configure a VPN for iPhone 11 or 12. You can also use this method to set up a VPN on iPhone 4.
You might need to perform this manual setup method if you want to configure a VPN for iPhone 11 or 12.
Don’t worry though, it’s not all that hard.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- VPN server address
- Username and password
Got everything ready? Let’s begin…
Step 1: Launch Settings from your home screen, click on the General tab, and then select VPN
Step 2: Click on Add VPN Configuration, click Type, and then select your VPN Type from IKEv2, IPSec, or L2TP.
Step 3: Enter Description, Server Address, Account, Password, and Secret:12345678 (in L2TP case only). as mentioned below
Description: Give any name to your VPN
Server: Enter Server Address for your VPN (e.g. ExpressVPN US server address in New Zealand)
Account: Type Username. If you do not have one, then subscribe to ExpressVPN
RSA SecurID: Make sure it is turned off
Password: Enter your Password
Secret: Enter 12345678
Send All Traffic: Enable this option
Proxy: Should be off unless you are using any proxy with the VPN configuration
Step 4: Click Done
Step 5: Now click on ExpressVPN
Step 6: Enable the Status toggle to try to establish the VPN connection
That’s it, your VPN is now manually configured on your iOS device.
To enable or disable the newly configured VPN, simply head on over to Settings > VPN and use the toggle button accordingly.
How to Manually Setup ExpressVPN on iPhone in New Zealand (OpenVPN)
Follow this installation guide to learn how to setup VPN on iPhone 6 (as well as higher iPhone models) using OpenVPN connection. We have taken an example of ExpressVPN in New Zealand.
- Before you begin, you will need ExpressVPN credentials by subscribing to the service in New Zealand
- Now go to App Store on your iPhone/iPad
- Click on the Search icon > Type ‘Openvpn Connect’ in the search bar
- Select the app > Press Get icon
- Click Open
- Once installed, download.OVPN configuration file here: ExpressVPN Configuration
Note: Make sure you open this file on a Safari browser
- Click on Open in “OpenVPN”
- Enter Username and Password > Then click Add
- If a message pops up and asking for permission to ‘add OpenVPN as VPN Configuration’, click Allow
- Enable to connect to VPN
- You are successfully connected!
How to Uninstall VPN Configuration in New Zealand
To uninstall the VPN, you just need to go follow the instructions below in New Zealand:
- Go to Settings
- VPN configuration page
- Click on the VPN connection name g. ExpressVPN you had made
- Click Delete tab
How to Enable VPN once Downloaded on iPhone or iPad in New Zealand
To enable VPN once you have downloaded it, follow the steps below in New Zealand:
- Go to Settings
- Select VPN option
- Either Enable or Disable the VPN in New Zealand
How to Turn off VPN on iPhone once you Use it in New Zealand
To turn off a VPN connection, just follow the instructions below in New Zealand:
- Go to Settings
- Select VPN option
- Turn OFF a VPN connection in New Zealand
I’m sure you understand now what I meant when I said the VPN setups for iPhone [X, XS, 11, 12] as well as for the older models of iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 are surprisingly simple in New Zealand.
So you should go ahead, choose a VPN, and follow the setup instructions to get the job done without any hassles in New Zealand.
If you do not wish to pay a premium amount on a VPN, you can always go for a free VPN for iPhone in New Zealand. However, the risk of getting your online identity being revealed gets higher.