Match TV offers free World Cup streaming but is geo blocked & only accessible in Russia! Grab a VPN to unblock the channel and enjoy unlimited football matches online!
The 2018 Football world Cup will be played among 32 participating teams. Unfortunately, Canada could not qualify for the tournament. Nonetheless, this will not stop fans in the country from watching their favorite international players on the field.
If you are a football fan living in Canada, there are multiple ways in which you can watch the tournament. In this article, we will discuss how to watch 2018 Football world Cup in Canada.
Do read our guide on how to Watch football in Australia.
5 Best VPNs to Watch 2018 Football world Cup in Canada
A VPN can smoothly pave your way to watch your desired sports streams without any problems. So this time for football 2018, you can choose any of the following VPN service and tune the games on:
Official Broadcasters of football in Canada
The 2018 Football world Cup will be broadcasted by various channels throughout the world. These broadcasters will show World Cup matches through cable on your TV. In Canada, there are three official broadcasters of the 2018 Football world Cup:
These Canadian channels are geo-locked and are only accessible from within Canada. So if you are traveling or moving away from Canada for a while, you will not be able to access these. In this situation, you will require a VPN service to bypass these geo-restrictions. You can also watch 2018 Football world Cup on your mobile and enjoy all the matches wherever you are.
How to set up a VPN to watch the World Cup in Canada
VPN services can allow you to stream the World Cup Live online from anywhere in the world. Moreover, you will only be able to stream these Canadian channels from outside of Canada if you are using a VPN tool. Some fans might prefer commentators that are only associated with geo-restricted non-Canadian channels.
To watch the tournament through these streaming channels, you will require a VPN having servers that belong to the channel’s native country. It is fairly easy to set up a VPN and stream 2018 Football world Cup through any channel of your choice. Here are the specific steps for setting up a VPN:
- Select the best VPN that fits your needs
- Download a compatible VPN app for your device and operating system
- Launch the VPN service
- Connect to a server within the region of the broadcaster of your choice
- Open the channel’s streaming website or app
- Enjoy live 2018 Football world Cup action on your device
Also Read : Canadian IP Address
Alternative Streaming Services to Watch 2018 Football world Cup in Canada
There are several subscription-based streaming services that you can use to watch the 2018 Football world Cup. The most popular of these services are listed below:
- PlayStation Vue: It is a live streaming service that is available for PlayStation users and non-users alike. You can read our guide on watching 2018 Football world Cup on PlayStatuon Vue to enjoy live matches.
- Hulu Live TV: This service offers an extensive streaming library for watching shows, news and sports. For further information, check out our guide on watching 2018 Football world Cup on Hulu.
- YouTube TV: It offers live streams of more than 50 networks across the globe. Read our article on how to watch 2018 Football world Cup on YouTube TV for more details.
- Sling TV: This US-based cable-free streaming service is associated with several official broadcasters of the tournament. Learn more about this service in our article on how to watch 2018 Football world Cup on SlingTV.
Canada Football Team’s World Cup Qualifier Campaign
The last time Canada qualified for the football World Cup was in 1986 when the tournament was held in Mexico. Canada failed to qualify for the World Cup once again this year. The team finished third in the semifinal qualifying group, with Mexico and Honduras leading the group.
This is extremely disappointing for the fans who have been waiting for Canada to make a World Cup appearance for over 30 years. Nonetheless, with managerial changes being introduced in the team, fans have something to hope for in the future.
The absence of Canada in the 2018 Football world Cup will surely be missed by Canadian fans. Nonetheless, there is still much to look forward to in this tournament with several world class teams competing against each other.
Make sure to catch all live action through Canadian broadcasters or other alternatives of your choice by deploying a VPN. We hope you found this article helpful in learning how to watch the 2018 Football world Cup in Canada.
If you are a fan of IPTV then learn how to watch all the matches of football on IPTV live and have all the control in your hands.
Feel free to add a comment below and share your opinion.