PureVPN is giving away 4 Free Tickets for Russia World Cup Final along with a chance to win 20 Official Match Footballs and 20 T-Shirts of your Favorite Team. Get PureVPN Annual plan and enter the lucky draw!
The FIFA World Cup 2018 will be played among 32 participating teams. Unfortunately, Canada could not qualify for the tournament. Nonetheless, this will not stop fans in the country from watching their favorite international players on the field.
If you are a football fan living in Canada, there are multiple ways in which you can watch the tournament. In this article, we will discuss how to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 in Canada.
Do read our guide on how to Watch FIFA in Australia.
5 Best VPNs to Watch FIFA World Cup 2018 in Canada
A VPN can smoothly pave your way to watch your desired sports streams without any problems. So this time for FIFA 2018, you can choose any of the following VPN service and tune the games on:
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 77% Off |
2 Year Deal
| 72% Off |
2 Years Plan
| 35% OFF |
No Exclusive Offer
| 67% Off |
Limited Time Discount
| 88% OFF |
5 Year Deal
Official Broadcasters of FIFA in Canada
The FIFA World Cup 2018 will be broadcasted by various channels throughout the world. These broadcasters will show World Cup matches through cable on your TV. In Canada, there are three official broadcasters of the FIFA World Cup 2018:
These Canadian channels are geo-locked and are only accessible from within Canada. So if you are traveling or moving away from Canada for a while, you will not be able to access these. In this situation, you will require a VPN service to bypass these geo-restrictions. You can also watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on your mobile and enjoy all the matches wherever you are.
How to set up a VPN to watch the World Cup in Canada
VPN services can allow you to stream the World Cup from anywhere in the world. Moreover, you will only be able to stream these Canadian channels from outside of Canada if you are using a VPN tool. Some fans might prefer commentators that are only associated with geo-restricted non-Canadian channels.
To watch the tournament through these streaming channels, you will require a VPN having servers that belong to the channel’s native country. It is fairly easy to set up a VPN and stream FIFA World Cup 2018 through any channel of your choice. Here are the specific steps for setting up a VPN:
- Select the best VPN that fits your needs
- Download a compatible VPN app for your device and operating system
- Launch the VPN service
- Connect to a server within the region of the broadcaster of your choice
- Open the channel’s streaming website or app
- Enjoy live FIFA World Cup 2018 action on your device
Alternative Streaming Services to Watch FIFA World Cup 2018 in Canada
There are several subscription-based streaming services that you can use to watch the FIFA World Cup 2018. The most popular of these services are listed below:
- PlayStation Vue: It is a live streaming service that is available for PlayStation users and non-users alike. You can read our guide on watching FIFA World Cup 2018 on PlayStatuon Vue to enjoy live matches.
- Hulu Live TV: This service offers an extensive streaming library for watching shows, news and sports. For further information, check out our guide on watching FIFA World Cup 2018 on Hulu.
- YouTube TV: It offers live streams of more than 50 networks across the globe. Read our article on how to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on YouTube TV for more details.
- Sling TV: This US-based cable-free streaming service is associated with several official broadcasters of the tournament. Learn more about this service in our article on how to watch FIFA World Cup 2018 on SlingTV.
Canada Football Team’s World Cup Qualifier Campaign
The last time Canada qualified for the FIFA World Cup was in 1986 when the tournament was held in Mexico. Canada failed to qualify for the World Cup once again this year. The team finished third in the semifinal qualifying group, with Mexico and Honduras leading the group.
This is extremely disappointing for the fans who have been waiting for Canada to make a World Cup appearance for over 30 years. Nonetheless, with managerial changes being introduced in the team, fans have something to hope for in the future.
The absence of Canada in the FIFA World Cup 2018 will surely be missed by Canadian fans. Nonetheless, there is still much to look forward to in this tournament with several world class teams competing against each other.
Make sure to catch all live action through Canadian broadcasters or other alternatives of your choice by deploying a VPN. We hope you found this article helpful in learning how to watch the FIFA World Cup 2018 in Canada.
If you are a fan of IPTV then learn how to watch all the matches of FIFA on IPTV live and have all the control in your hands.
Feel free to add a comment below and share your opinion.