What is VPN Error 429?
VPN Error 429 is one of the most common problems that VPN users encounter. VPN Error 429 happens when your VPN software (client) fails to connect with the VPN server. This is when the following message pops up on the screen: “Unable to establish the VPN connection. The server may be unreachable”.
In some cases, the software might prompt that it was “unable to resolve host or server address”, or that the “Secure VPN Connection was terminated locally by the Client”. All of these messages mean the same thing: that communication could not be established between your device and the VPN server.
How to resolve VPN error 429
VPN Error 429 is not limited to router based users and can be experienced by desktop and mobile device users as well. Fortunately, it is very easy to remove the error without wasting any time.
Removing VPN Error 429
Follow these simple steps to fix VPN Error 429 within a minute:
1. Click Start and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Right Click on ‘Network Connections’ to access Properties.
3. In the ‘Properties’ tab, look for Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
4. Check the boxes for “Obtain an IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically”.
5. Hit ‘Connect’ to activate your VPN tunnel.
In most cases, doing so resolves VPN Error 429. However, if push comes to shove and following the above steps does not solve your problem, you can solve your problem with a few simple fail-safe steps:
6. Click ‘Start’ and go to Run. Type “CMD” to open up the DOS command prompt.
7. On the DOS prompt, type “ipconfig /release” and press ‘Enter’.
8. Next, type “ipconfig /renew” and press ‘Enter’.
9. Type “exit” and press ‘Enter’ to close the DOS command prompt window.
10. Hit ‘Connect’ to activate your VPN tunnel.
Your VPN client will now connect to the VPN server without any problems. If you experience any further problems or issues, contact your VPN service provider and ask for assistance. VPN Error 429 is the only client software error that can cause a failure to connect, and all other errors are usually associated with problems at the VPN service provider’s end.
User-Friendly Solutions to Common VPN Errors
In most cases, VPN Errors are caused by minor problems that are easy to resolve. If you are a first time VPN user or if you are using a particular VPN service for the first time, you can deal with most VPN Errors by using the following methods.
- Deactivate any other VPN software that may be running in the background
- Try switching between encryption protocols
- Close the VPN client and restart the program in Administrator mode.
- Try connecting to an alternative VPN server in the region of your choice
- Ask VPN customer support to provide you a different server address
- Uninstall and reinstall your VPN software
It usually helps if you choose a premium VPN service. Best VPN services tend to be error-free; providing smooth tunneling and encryption. Tried and tested VPN services like those hand-picked below are industry leading VPN providers that have spent years in winning the confidence of internet users around the world. The best part is that most of them come with a free trial so you can check them out before you sign up for good.
|VPN Providers||Price ($)||Special Deals||More Info|
Best Affordable VPN
$1.65 Per Month
Exclusive Discount 5 year Plan
Fastest VPN Service
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Torrenting
$1.99 Per Month
2 Years Deal
Best for Streaming
$8.32 Per Month
No Exclusive Offer
Best for Private Browsing
$2.75 Per Month
3 Years Deal
$3.49 Per Month
NordVPN hacked We don't recommend this VPN service after thorough research.
Hopefully, these steps will prove to be sufficient to correct any VPN errors you face.
However, you can always contact the customer support team if the disconnections occur persistently. Best of luck and enjoy your VPN.
Check our blog on VPN Software Providers List in 2019 for more information about VPNs.