The mainstream employment-oriented social-networking site LinkedIn has been officially blocked in Russia. On Wednesday, November 16, 2016, the Federal Service for Supervision of Telecommunications of Russia “Roskomnadzor” had ordered to block LinkedIn for violation of Data Retention Bill. With the freshly imposed cyber regulations, all social networking sites and mailing services need to transfer users’ data to Russian servers.
However, LinkedIn was among the services which didn’t comply with the prescribed guidelines and has been therefore banned in Russia. But fortunately there is a way through which you can access LinkedIn in Russia, and that is by using VPN. In this guide, you will learn how to unblock LinkedIn in Russia and get connected with thousands of people instantly.
Top VPN Services to Unblock LinkedIn in Russia
To access LinkedIn and other blocked sites from within Russia, a VPN is required. You can select from one of the recommended VPN services mentioned below to access LinkedIn. These services will ensure reliable data privacy, stable connection and elite unblocking experience to Russian users.
|Rank||Providers||Price ($)||Discount||More Info|
| 82% Off |
3 Year Deal
| 72% Off |
2 Years Plan
| 77% Off |
3 Year Deal
| 67% Off |
Limited Time Discount
| 88% OFF |
5 Year Deal
How to Unblock LinkedIn in Russia in 4 Steps
There is simple 4 step procedure to unblock LinkedIn in Russia. Interestingly, by following these steps you won’t only unblock LinkedIn in Russia, but you achieve a reliable online protection, high-speed streaming, and freedom from blanket surveillance in Russia.
Here how to unblock LinkedIn in Russia:
- Choose from one of the recommended Russian VPN services mentioned above
- Download and install VPN app on your device
- Access VPN, select US server to connect
- Upon successful connection, access LinkedIn and explore the world of opportunities to earn more and grow your business
3 Reasons LinkedIn Has Been Shot Down in Russia
The official ban on LinkedIn is not surprising for many users as an advisor to Russian President Vladimir Putin had stated earlier this year that U.S. companies including Google, Facebook, and many others might get banned sooner or later if they don’t comply with the new Russian law.
However, according to tech geeks and privacy watchdogs, following are the possible reasons Linked has faced a ban in Russia:
- The ban on LinkedIn has been imposed soon after the tech giant Microsoft acquired the company for $26.2 billion
- The company itself didn’t clarify if it wants more time to obey the law, or if LinkedIn is seeking negotiations with the Russian communications regulator “Roskomnadzor”
- LinkedIn has about 5 million active users in Russia that are merely 2% of its overall registered users. And the ban might be a warning to larger sites in Russia
Whatever the reason may be behind the ban, users are now unable to access LinkedIn in Russia. Thousands of employers, employees and netizens are left with no other option except to use alternative to LinkedIn like Makerbase, LunchMeet, Xing, Plaxo and more. But this guide includes all the information that you need to unblock LinkedIn in Russia.
Also, you can unblock more sites and steaming services (HBO Now, BBC iPlayer, )from within Russia by using a Russian VPN. If you experience any hurdle while you unblock LinkedIn in Russia with a VPN, then drop a query below.