If you don’t find NordVPN working properly in UK, then you can do multiple things to fix these issues. These include connecting to a new server, disabling the firewall, altering your network settings, and reinstalling the VPN app. However, if none of the fixes work, you’ll need to switch to a different VPN provider.
NordVPN in UK is one of the most widely used VPN apps in the market. However, like other VPNs, its apps run into problems every now and then. Hence, you might find NordVPN not working in UK for you.
Don’t worry, though. Fixing NordVPN’s connectivity issues in UK is quite simple. You can always reach out to NordVPN’s customer support or try following the easy troubleshooting tips we’ve covered in this guide.
If you have already tried these tips and still can’t get NordVPN to work correctly, you can try ExpressVPN in UK, which is a great alternative to NordVPN with similar capabilities.
Quick Guide: NordVPN Not Working in UK Issues
Your NordVPN app can stop working due to a lot of reasons. One common problem is the 1001 error during installation. This error occurs when you download the NordVPN app on Windows 7.
For this, try updating your Windows system first using the Windows update and then installing the app again. Please be sure that you are using the 4.8 version of .NET Runtime. Along with that, you can also try disabling your firewall or antivirus and reinstalling the NordVPN app.
However, some issues are easy to fix while others are hard. Here are a few solutions to try when you find NordVPN not working in UK on Windows 10 and all its other versions:
1. Check your internet connection
If you have an unstable internet connection, then you won’t be able to connect to your VPN properly. Your internet becomes unstable if you continuously switch between mobile data and Wi-Fi. If this happens, you don’t need to worry, as your online activities will be secure with NordVPN’s kill switch, even if the connection drops.
However, following are the steps to fix this issue:
- Switch off your router and turn it on again.
- Disconnect from your Wi-Fi network and reconnect.
- Check if your router is connected to the ethernet cable.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider.
2. Check your NordVPN account credentials
If you’re using NordVPN in UK on your router, then make sure you’ve entered the correct credentials, as they’re different from your regular VPN account credentials. Using the wrong credentials would stop you from connecting to a NordVPN server.
You can easily check and get the correct ones by visiting the user control panel of this VPN after logging in. Under Dashboard, click NordVPN on the left. Scroll down to Advanced configuration and find your credentials in the section of Service credentials (manual setup).
3. Trying different server locations
NordVPN has a huge selection of servers available in over 60 countries, including 440+ servers in UK. In some cases, connection problems stem from a few bad servers that may actually be down from the provider’s end.
So, if NordVPN fails to connect to a certain server, try using a different location. If it works, then this means that your problem is only an isolated issue with a single or few servers and will probably be fixed by the company soon. Meanwhile, you can use another server that is closest to the one you prefer.
Generally, NordVPN delivers excellent speed on most of its servers, so you should obtain stable speeds even when connected to relatively remote servers.
4. Check if the correct ports are open
Your ISP can block your traffic on a certain port. This is why we advise you to try altering your default port settings to ensure that the right ports are open for your VPN in UK.
To make NordVPN work in UK, the 1194 UDP and 443 TCP ports need to be open, and your router/firewall should allow VPN traffic to pass through. However, please note that NordVPN doesn’t offer port forwarding support. This keeps you safe as opening ports make you vulnerable to multiple security risks.
5. Resetting the app
NordVPN won’t connect on Windows 10 but was working fine until a couple of days ago. That’s more common than you think. Other than the VPN simply not connecting, there’s also one very weird bug that new NordVPN apps have. The bug is that you won’t be able to see the server list and choose one to connect to.
These problems can be solved by simply resetting the NordVPN app. Here’s how you can reset your NordVPN Windows app in UK:
- Open your NordVPN app > click Settings.
- Scroll down to find Advanced Settings > Run Diagnostics Tool.
- A new window will open with the “Reset app” tab. Click on it
Once you click reset, NordVPN will restore default settings. Try connecting to the servers, and the issue should be resolved.
Is NordVPN not connecting in UK on Mac? Try the resetting process. Here’s how it works on Mac:
- Shut down NordVPN by right-clicking it in the Dock and clicking Quit
- Open Terminal and run the following commands:
- defaults delete com.nordvpn.osx-apple(if you got the app from App Store)
- defaults delete com.nordvpn.osx (if you got the app from NordVPN’s official website)
This will restore your NordVPN Mac app to default settings. Please note that NordVPN is a great VPN for macOS devices.
6. Disable/Re-enable TAP Adapter
From Windows 7 onward to Windows 10, some error messages and connectivity issues in UK can be resolved with this NordVPN TAP Adapter disable/re-enable trick.
Here’s how it works on Windows 10 in UK:
- Shut down NordVPN.
- Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre > Change adapter settings.
- Right-click TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter > Disable.
- Once disabled, double-click the Adapter to enable it again.
- Launch NordVPN and try connecting to a server.
Still won’t connect to NordVPN in UK, no luck? Try the next tip.
7. Change your Firewall Settings
If you don’t know, anti-virus programs and firewalls on your computer can prevent NordVPN from connecting properly in UK. To fix this issue, you can temporarily try and disable your firewall or anti-virus program. After that, try using NordVPN in UK to see if your issue is fixed.
If your issue gets resolved this way, try adding NordVPN to the exceptions list of your firewall or anti-virus program. This will allow NordVPN to work properly without any interference.
8. Change your DNS Server Configuration
Due to improper DNS server configuration, NordVPN will stop working. To get NordVPN working in UK properly, you’ll need to configure your device manually to use NordVPN’s DNS servers. NordVPN’s recommended DNS server addresses are 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
Here’s how you can manually configure NordVPN’s DNS servers on your Windows computer:
- Open up the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click on the Network and Internet option.
- After that, click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click on the Change Adapter Settings option.
- Select the network you’re connected to > right-click on it > click on Properties.
- Next, click on the IPv4 option and access its Properties.
- Click on “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type in 22.214.171.124 as primary and 126.96.36.199 as secondary.
9. Check VPN software issues:
VPNs, like every other tool, can crash and may become subject to bugs from time to time. This is why you should always ensure to use the most updated version of NordVPN on your device. In case the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the VPN app.
You can also try cleaning up your disk space and closing other background apps. Check your internet connection as well. You can also use the fixes above if the NordVPN connection has timed out.
10. Resetting Windows Network Settings
If nothing else has worked for you yet and you can’t connect to NordVPN in UK, it’s time to go a little more drastic by flushing your DNS and resetting your IPv4 and IPv6 settings.
Follow the steps below to get this done:
- Type “cmd” in the search box to open up Command Prompt.
- Now type in the following commands, pressing Enter after each:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh Winsock reset
- netsh interface ipv4 reset
- netsh interface ipv6 reset
- netsh Winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
- netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
- Restart your computer and try connecting to NordVPN again in UK.
11. Reset NordVPN’s IP Protocol:
To reset NordVPN’s TCP/IP protocol the easy way, follow these simple steps:
- Click on the search bar on your Windows computer and type in CMD.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and click on the Run as administrator option.
- After that, type netsh int IP reset resetlog.txt.
- Lastly, restart your computer and run the NordVPN app.
Hopefully, resetting the TCP/IP protocol will fix any connectivity issues you might experience with NordVPN in UK.
12. Checking for active subscription
Sometimes unsuccessful payments lead to the cancellation of user subscriptions without even you realizing it. Ensure that your subscription is still active and that your last payment was successful.
To do this, log in to your NordVPN account and see if your account status reads “Active.” If not, you will have to contact customer support and tell them about your problem to have it resolved.
If none of the other methods worked for you, try logging out of NordVPN and then logging into the app again. Some users have reported successful fixes with this trick.
If NordVPN will not connect to the internet still, then your last option is to perform a fresh installation of the NordVPN app on your device. Reach out to the official customer support if that also fails to work for you.
14. Change VPN Protocols
NordVPN’s Windows app supports NordLynx and OpenVPN TCP/UDP protocols. By default, NordVPN uses the NordLynx protocol, which is built around the WireGuard VPN protocol. If NordVPN can’t connect properly, try switching the protocol to OpenVPN TCP or UDP.
Here’s how you can change the protocol:
- Fire up the Windows NordVPN application.
- Click ‘Auto-Connect’ on the left side of the Settings menu.
- Disable “Choose a VPN protocol and server automatically”
- Finally, choose OpenVPN TCP or UDP.
15. NordVPN connectivity issues on Android in UK
There are several reasons why your NordVPN app may not be working with Android in UK. These include problems with your network settings, account status, and setup of the app. However, you can following the troubleshooting tips below to solve these issues:
- Ensure that your NordVPN subscription is still active.
- After that, switch between the TCP and UDP protocols.
- If that doesn’t work, reinstall the VPN app.
16. Troubleshoot NordVPN iOS connectivity issues in UK
IF you’re facing connectivity issues in UK with your iOS app, then there are multiple tips to fix this. Following the troubleshooting steps below for this:
- Ensure that there are no issues with your account.
- Then, switch to the TCP protocol.
- If not, then try using the Obfuscated Servers.
- Didn’t work? Try switching between you Wi-Fi and mobile data.
17. Crossing Multi-Login Limit
NordVPN supports 6 simultaneous connections. Besides desktops and smartphones, you can set up NordVPN on Firestick, Roku, Kodi, and some routers as well.
If you are running NordVPN on multiple devices and are facing login issues, you might have exceeded the allowed number of connections. Try logging out of NordVPN from any device where you don’t need it, and see if that enables you to use NordVPN on your desired device.
NordVPN Not Working in UK – Alternatives
If you followed the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps properly, you should be able to get rid of all the connectivity issues with NordVPN in UK. You will be able to stream Netflix with NordVPN in UK and unblock anything you like.
But just in case if NordVPN is down and not performing well, then you can go for some other alternative like ExpressVPN, Surfshark, or CyberGhost.
1. ExpressVPN — Offers super-fast servers than NordVPN
- 3000+ servers in 94 countries, Including 4 servers location in UK
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- Unblocks all popular streaming platforms
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 5 simultaneous connections
ExpressVPN is, without a doubt, the best VPN service in the industry. It offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries, Including 4 servers location in UK and an exclusive MediaStreamer feature, which NordVPN lacks. This feature allows you to unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Disney Plus, and Hulu with ExpressVPN on devices the do not natively support VPN apps. Cool, right?
As for speeds, thy are FAST. In our ExpressVPN speed test, the VPN delivered a download speed and upload speed of 83.68 Mbps and 79.23 Mbps on our connection of 100 Mbps.
ExpressVPN is one of the most secure VPNs you can come across due to its advanced security features, including TrustedServer tehnology, obfuscation, kill switch, no-logs, DNS leak protection, and more.
As for cost in UK, ExpressVPN starts from GB£5.46/mo (US$ 6.67/mo) (Get 49% Off + 3 Months FREE on its 12-Month Plan) and supports 5 multi logins. You can also try ExpressVPN risk-free using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
In case you need to compare it to NordVPN, check out our in-depth NordVPN vs. ExpressVPN comparison.
2. Surfshark — Super-affordable than NordVPN
- 3200+ servers in 100 countries, including 4 servers location in UK
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- Unlimited simultaneous connections
- 30-day money-back guarantee
If you’re looking to settle down on a more affordable option, then you need Surfshark. This VPN offers 3200+ servers, including 4 servers location in UK, using which it can unblock Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ with Surfshark.
It is blazing fast and helps you enjoy streaming and downloading torrents without any limitations. In our Surfshark speed test, the VPN delivered a download and upload speed of 81.32 Mbps and 76.12 Mbps on our 100 Mbps connection.
Surfshark also comes with cool features like CleanWeb, no logs policy, Kill Switch, DNS leak protection, and much more. It even offers the latest WireGuard protocol for optimized speed and security.
Price-wise, Surfshark in UK costs only GB£1.68/mo (US$ 2.05/mo) (Get 84% + 2 Months FREE on 2-Year Plan), supports unlimited simultaneous connections and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you need to compare it to NordVPN, check out our in-depth NordVPN vs. Surfshark comparison.
3. CyberGhost — Easier to use than NordVPN
- 9700+ servers in 91 countries, including 3 servers location in UK
- Easy-to-use apps for all devices
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- 7 simultaneous connections
CyberGhost offers user-friendly apps to all new and advanced VPN users, with dedicated torrenting, browsing, and gaming modes. These modes include optimized servers for your preferred activities.
This VPN offers 9700+ servers, including 3 servers location in UK using which you can unblock streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, HBO Max Disney+, and more.
The VPN is known for its fast and consistent speeds. In our CyberGhost speed test, the VPN delivered a download speed and upload speed of 75.47 Mbps and 69.34 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
CyberGhost doesn’t lack in security as well. It offers a kill switch, no-logs, DNS leak protection, WireGuard protocol, split tunneling, and much more to its users.
Lastly, it costs in UK only GB£1.66/mo (US$ 2.03/mo) , supports up to 7 devices simultaneously, and offers a 45-day money-back guarantee. In case you need to compare it to NordVPN, check out our in-depth NordVPN vs. CyberGhost comparison.
FAQs — NordVPN Not Working in UK
Now, let’s talk about some of the frequently asked questions regarding NordVPN not working in UK and its troubleshooting tips.
Why NordVPN is not working in UK?
If you find NordVPN not working in UK, uninstall its app, reboot your device, and install the VPN app again. Then, try reconnecting. In case you’re using your PC, disable any firewall or antivirus as it can intervene with your connection and try connecting again.
Why is NordVPN connected in UK but no internet?
If there’s no internet access even when you’ve connected to a NordVPN server, then there’s a possibility that the problem may be caused by your firewall, antivirus, or any other software. You can always try disabling this software or uninstalling it to check if the issue remains consistent. Moreover, try performing a network flush.
Why is NordVPN not working in UK on my phone?
If NordVPN doesn’t work in UK on your mobile device, then you probably have not granted the access to it. While using most VPN apps, you just need to visit the VPN app, click connect, and accept the connection. Alternatively, you can restart your phone and then reinstall the NordVPN app.
Why is NordVPN not working in UK on my iPhone?
There are various reasons why you might be having trouble connecting NordVPN in UK to your iPhone/iPad. These issues can be with your network settings, account status, or app setup.
The issues may be the same if you find NordVPN not logging in.
Why is NordVPN not working in UK on FireStick?
The reason why NordVPN stops working in UK on a Firestick device could be because some of its settings might have been accidentally altered. To reset it, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and reinstall the NordVPN app for Firestick from the Amazon app store. If you need help with this, check out our NordVPN Firestick blog.
NordVPN is one of the biggest VPN providers in the industry. It offers a free trial, but it isn’t free from bugs and errors. However, with the above-mentioned fixes, you can easily resolve any NordVPN not working in UK issues that you may experience.
That being said, if you’ve had enough of this VPN and want to try something else, you can cancel NordVPN and request a refund within the 30-days period.
So there you have it, let me know in the comments below if any of my tips worked for you or if there’s nothing you’d like to share about your experience with NordVPN in UK. If you want to learn more about this VPN, check out our NordVPN review.