Avast SecureLine VPN is an excellent option to secure your online activities in the UK, avoid advertisers from tracking you over the internet, and stay away from hackers on your public Wi-Fi.
This VPN offers good speeds, adequate accessibility, and a secure connection. But why does my Avast VPN keep disconnecting? Well, it may often cause some issues and fail to work. In this guide, we’ll present a few easy solutions to solve your Avast VPN not working in UK.
But if you’d rather try and fix Avast VPN in UK first, let’s get right down to the fixing tips:
If your Avast VPN won’t turn on error is displayed, then I suggest trying ExpressVPN. It’s a more dependable and secure VPN service with a more extensive server network. ExpressVPN also provides a 30-day money-back guarantee to test it risk-free. For more details, you can read ExpressVPN review UK.
Now that you know what to do, you can easily fix your Avast VPN not working in UK. However, we also have a detailed step-by-step UK guide for you. Let’s look at every step we mentioned above in detail:
How to Fix Avast VPN Problems Not Working- Quick Steps
If your Avast VPN keeps disconnecting or is causing some issues, then you can always resolve them. Following are 7 effective troubleshooting tips that you can use to make your Avast VPN work again in UK:
1. Check your internet connectivity
Sometimes, users will find Avast VPN not connecting even though the problem isn’t with the VPN but rather with their internet connection. This is why Avast SecureLine VPN keeps disconnecting. To check if your internet is working properly, disconnect Avast VPN and try to run a few websites on your browser.
If that doesn’t work, visit the Internet Connections troubleshooter on Windows. This will either fix the problem or hint at what the problem is.
Use the following steps for this:
1. Press the Windows+R key together to access the Run prompt.
2. Type Control Panel and click OK.
3. From there, click Troubleshooting to open the Control Panel applet.
4. Press ‘View All’ to access the troubleshooter list.
5. Right-click on Internet Connections and click ‘Run as administrator’.
6. After this, select Advanced > Apply repairs automatically. Leave it as it is if it’s already selected.
7. Select Next > Troubleshoot my connection after this.
2. Move to an alternative server location
VPN servers often fail to work due to technical problems or maintenance purposes and you might report my Avast VPN is not working. Avast VPN has a small server network. Therefore, one of the reasons why it might be causing issues is traffic overload on its server.
You’d have to change your server location to avoid Avast VPN not working on Android or other devices error text. You can do this by clicking the Change Location button as shown below:
However, another option is to end your Avast VPN subscription to save yourself from this frequent hassle and subscribe to a VPN like ExpressVPN. You can check out the ExpressVPN cost in UK and can get it without any hassle. This premium boasts a network of 3,000+ servers as compared to Avast’s 50+ server locations.
This VPN offers ultra-fast speeds, strong unblocking capabilities, multi-logins, security features, and one-click connectivity to access anything you like. It further offers unlimited bandwidth and eliminates ISP throttling on the network.
ExpressVPN also ensures your anonymity, doesn’t leak your IP address, and offers a strict no-logs policy, confirming that it doesn’t log your data at all.
3. Try turning off the Windows Defender Firewall
Firewalls are known to block VPN connections and you’ll likely see the error Avast VPN not working for iPlayer if you try to access BBC iPlayer. Due to this reason, you need to turn off your Windows Defender Firewall. You can do this by following the steps below:
1. Open the Run prompt by clicking Windows+R.
2. Insert firewall.cpl in the Run prompt and press OK to access the WDF Control Panel.
3. Click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off present on the left of your screen.
4. Select both Turn off Windows Defender Firewall amongst all prompts.
5. Click OK.
4. Turn off any third-party antivirus
Often antiviruses also block VPNs then you might get the error Avast secure browser VPN not working. To solve this, disconnecting from your antivirus before using a VPN might solve your problem.
You can easily turn off your antivirus by right-clicking on the tray icons of the antivirus utilities’ system and disabling/turning off the antivirus software. You can also create an exception to keep your VPN connection away from getting blocked by their antivirus firewall.
5. Close any conflicting VPN services
This is important if you use multiple VPN clients on your device. Your Avast VPN not working in UK might be due to another VPN running on your device.
The following steps can be easily used to ensure that there are no VPN conflicts or the software is to clean boot Windows. Here’s how you can do that:
1. Click Windows+R together to open the Run prompt.
2. Insert msconfig and press OK to open System Configuration.
3. In the General tab, click on Selective Startup.
4. Right below Selective Startup, you’ll see Load startup items. Deselect that option.
5. Select both Load System Services as well as Use the original boot configuration.
6. Visit the Services tab and choose Hide all Microsoft services to exclude all those services.
7. After this, click ‘Disable All’ and click Apply and OK.
8. Lastly, restart your Windows to reboot it.
6. Check Your Avast VPN subscription
One thing to check if your VPN is not working is if your Avast VPN subscription is still valid. It seems pretty obvious but sometimes users don’t realize when their subscription has expired and are puzzled when they can’t use Avast VPN.
You can do this by opening the Avast SecureLine app and clicking Settings > Subscription > SecureLine VPN > Validity. You can also check your email in case Avast has informed you to renew your VPN subscription.
7. Reinstall Avast VPN
One last super-easy way to fix your Avast VPN not working in UK, is to uninstall the VPN app and reinstall it again. This would ensure that you’re using the latest version of the app.
Here’s how you can reinstall Avast SecureLine VPN on your device:
1. Visit the Control Panel on your Windows.
2. Go to Programs and Features from there.
3. Choose Avast SecureLine VPN amongst all others and press Uninstall.
4. Click Yes to confirm the action.
5. Press Yes again on the uninstaller window of the software.
6. Visit Avast SecureLine VPN’s website and click the Avast VPN download prompt for Windows to get the installer. Once the installer is downloaded, open it.
7. Open the software and go to Menu. After this, visit Settings to separate SecureLine VPN from Avast antivirus.
8. Click the components present at the left. Select SecureLine VPN from there and then Uninstall the component.
9. Click OK to confirm your action.
10. Select Restart computer, and then Restart Now.
11. After this, click Install Component present within the SecureLine VPN tab within the antivirus app to reinstall SecureLine.
Note: Is Avast VPN good for torrenting in UK is the most common question. To get the answer keep reading this guide.
How do I activate my Avast VPN in 2023?
On your device’s Home screen, click the Avast SecureLine VPN icon. The app launches. Options (three dots) Already purchased?,…or Settings Subscription Already purchased? Choose to Enter the activation code.
However, if your activation code is connected with multiple products, select the products you wish to use, then click Activate & Install.
Avast VPN Alternatives
Tried all the above methods above, but still, VPN Avast not working. Maybe you should cancel Avast VPN in UK and give a chance to a different VPN in UK. For instance, here’s how Avast compares to ExpressVPN, which is a service that is superior in almost every way:
|Price||GB£5.3/mo (US$ 6.67/mo)||GB£3.47/mo(US$3.99/mo)
|Servers||3,000+ in 94 countries||53 in 34 countries|
|Customer Support||24/7 live chat & email||Live chat & email tickets|
|Logging Policy||Zero logs||Keeps connection logs|
|Jurisdiction||The British Virgin Islands||Czech Republic|
|Compatibility||All devices||Windows. Mac, Android, iOS|
FAQs – Avast VPN not working in UK
Here are a few Avast Secureline VPN FAQs for you if the Avast One VPN not working error is displayed on your screen:
Why is Avast Secure Browser VPN not connecting?
Avast Premier Secureline VPN not working because a weak Internet connection is one of the causes of Avast VPN not functioning. In rare circumstances, the ISP prohibits SecureLine VPN clients from running on the network. You should also check whether all proxy servers should be turned off. You might also restart the router.
How do I change my VPN location on Avast?
Avast SecureLine VPN has two VPN modes available. Go to Menu Preferences VPN mode to change your current VPN mode. Many modes are available: Manual VPN Mode lets you join and disconnect the VPN manually and choose your chosen server location from the app’s main screen.
Is Avast Security a good VPN?
Avast SecureLine VPN is a reliable VPN service provider. It employs military-grade AES-256 encryption and the OpenVPN tunneling technology, both recognized for their security and stability. In addition, the VPN offers an appropriate no-logs policy.
How do I enable VPN on Avast?
Try the steps here to enable VPN on Avast:
- On your device’s Home screen, tap the Avast One symbol. The app launches.
- Choose to Explore VPN Secure Connection.
- Select the Enable option. You are automatically linked to the Fastest location.
- Allow Avast One to install the required VPN settings if requested.
What to do to fix my Avast SecureLine VPN?
Here are some of the quick fixes to make Avast SecureLine VPN work:
- Change the VPN server location.
- Examine your Internet connection.
- Check your subscription.
- Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Disable any third-party antivirus software.
- Clean Booting Computer.
- Install the app again.
Can Avast hide my IP?
Yes, Avast SecureLine VPN conceals and protects your IP address while keeping your internet connection private and safe.
Conclusion – Avast VPN Not Working in UK
If you find Avast VPN not working in UK, try the above tips. The Avast SecureLine VPN can be considered a reliable and effective solution for securing online connections. Although it may not possess the same efficiency level as dedicated VPN solutions, this service can deliver impressive speeds, enable access to some Netflix libraries, and offer satisfactory protection.
Nevertheless, quite a bit of work has to be executed other than the Avast VPN free trial in UK. The development team responsible for Avast VPN might consider the incorporation of more functionalities, ensuring compatibility with a broader range of streaming providers, and addressing the peculiar loading inconsistencies.
You’ll find the VPN tool beneficial if you’re new to the IT sector. However, if you want a more advanced VPN option, we suggest ExpressVPN or NordVPN. You can read the NordVPN review in UK to clear your doubts. It is more trustworthy than Avast VPN. ExpressVPN has a track record of reliability and performance. Hence, see our Avast VPN review in UK for more information about Utorrent not working with Avast VPN.